[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
creatine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1390968830178.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1390968830178.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
I'm looking to get out of skinnyfat and I'm pretty new to lifting, all I really do is mess around with a 20lb dumbell in my room.
Would using creatine help to get me out of skinny fat faster?
>>
>>35616333
>Would using creatine help to get me out of skinny fat faster?
yes
try to eat an entire jar of it each day
maximum gains brah
>>
no, lifting more would get you out of skinny fat faster.

Can you justify why you havent just gotten a gym membership yet and started to do barbell compounds?
>>
>>35616333

No, creatine does nothing for fat loss, and does not directly cause muscle growth.

If you want to get out of skinny fat I recommend increasing protein intake, reducing carb/fat intake (rice/pasta/candy/bread).

Look online for a body-weight based routine if you dont have access to the gym. you can build a decent physique using push ups, pull ups, 20 lbs dumbbells, body weight squats, and outdoor cardio.

I did a video on creatine which answers a lot of questions if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H9TQkKvqV4
>>
File: Arnold-Schwarzenegger.jpg (21 KB, 625x411) Image search: [Google]
Arnold-Schwarzenegger.jpg
21 KB, 625x411
The best method of losing fat and not muscle is getting enough protein and keeping on max lifts (1-3 rep maxing). Flexibility improves muscle -- them energy burners -- mass potential by increasing the fascia size, increasing blood flow, and reducing stress (including tightness). It's really helpful realizing that if you're not getting enough protein or not stimulating your muscle mass, you could be utilizing them for their nitrogen. A decent method of knowing if you have enough protein is how warm you feel. Getting lots of protein comes with a thermogenic effect, so it's an idea that feeling cold is a message to get more.

Terry Crews says the best 3 exercises for overall improvement are squats, power cleans, and pullups. It's about having fun though! If that's "punching" with dumbbells for 1 repetition, training until you can do 3, then upping the weights -- great. Both practicality and form are about feeling good, and this should come the same when imagining the gym -- feeling how great it is during those lifts. That and groups are where a lot of motivation comes.
>>
>>35616630
Very helpful. Vie for prince of /fit/
>>
Creatine causes water retention, so no.
>>
>>35616333
>all I really do is mess around with a 20lb dumbell in my room
>Can't get out of skinny fat
It's not a fast process, but to break out you have to build muscle then lose fat. If you're on the fat side of skinny fat maybe cut first.

Go to the gym, do SS or SL, and eat big then cut away the fat.
>>
File: prince-image-1-92582190.jpg (50 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
prince-image-1-92582190.jpg
50 KB, 615x409
>>35617022

soon.jpg
>>
The purpose of creatine is to be able to push yourself harder when you work out. If you're just training at home with one 20 lb dumbbell, you won't be able to push yourself hard enough to matter. So creatine probably won't be worth it until you can join an actual gym and start some sort of more aggressive lifting program.
>>
>>35617039
Yet. I took crating for a year+. Got big and stretch marks, saw stretchmarks as my punishment for being a faggot for years.
After a while it stops making gains for me. I was at the same play for like a month. Stopped taking it and it was hard it go without it sometimes. Don't take it mane.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.