[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcohol/Beer, does it ruin the gains much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 552e81fb96fd6.jpg (64 KB, 630x338) Image search: [Google]
552e81fb96fd6.jpg
64 KB, 630x338
Hey /fit/.
I have a simple question, however, as I'm a gym newbie, I'm pretty clueless.
So I've started to go to the gym and lift about four months ago. I've got myself a coach, who gave me my diet and a whole training and all that jazz.
I've started at about 190cm and 55kg, and currently, I'm weighing at about 65kg, so I'd say the bulk is getting pretty good.
However, even though I follow my diet closely and whatnot, I can't get off of my habit of drinking. I do about 5 beers and two shots daily. And besides the obvious problem of going drunk to the gym, which I've done only a couple of times, could this affect my gains and growth somehow?
Thanks alot, /fit/.
>>
>>35615793
It will absolutely CRIPPLE your possible gains.
The average can of beer has 154kcal x 5 = 770kcal DAILY, not even taking the shots into account.
Not to mention that alcohol has a negative impact on overall strength.
>>
File: 1452676731526.png (207 KB, 480x468) Image search: [Google]
1452676731526.png
207 KB, 480x468
You were a skelly, you are still a skelly, but 10kgs is a lot for a skelly, so good job gaining all that.
Stop drinking. It is horrible for your gains and growth. Beer in particular is full of empty calories and promotes estrogen production reducing your test and fucking up your gains. Stop drinking right fucking now. get drunk AT MOST 2 times a month, and do it by mixing cheap vodka with low sugar mixers.
>>
>>35615835
>>35615864
Aight guys, thanks. It will take some time to break the bad habit, but I'll try to get it down as soon as possible
>>
>>35616012
I wouldn't go cold turkey on it, that will just make you even more likely to relapse onto it.
Wean yourself off of it, doesn't even need to be fast.

Just try and lower it to maybe one less beer, or cut out the shots. Do that for 2ish weeks, and then try and cut out another beer, so on and so forth.

You may very well be screwing yourself if you stop drinking too fast.

Good luck man, you will see a huge difference once you're done drinking (at least regularly).
>>
>1,90
>65kg

Daily reminder that skellingtons like OP are the ones trying to poke fun of manlets.

Don't feed them attention or you're gonna get your gains spooked away.

>thank you mr skeltal
>>
Just drink Spirit Waters

Vodka Water
Whiskey Water
Gin Water

Well-filtered liquor by itself isn't as damaging as beer or mixed drinks and has a fraction of the calories
>>
>>35615793
>I can't get off of my habit of drinking
op you're an alcoholic and you need help. drinks won't ruin your gains much but you have bigger problems if you can't control yourself. forget about micros/calories whatever.
>>
>>35615793
READ THE FUCKING STICKY YOU FUCKING FUCK
>>
>>35616258
Skellies are atleast able to do something about it, and as you can see, I am :^)
>>35616309
Not really in the yet alcoholic phase, it's just the peer pressure and all, so it's hard to say no. However, I'm not the type who'd get drunk alone just for the sake of getting drunk
>>
>>35615793
>I do about 5 beers and two shots daily.
Shit dude, i was gonna say nah it won't do shit but nevermind that. 7 drinks every day is definitely going to ruin your gains. That's just as bad as the people sucking down packages of soda cans every week.

For myself, I quit drinking during the week. Switched to grapefruit juice. I fucking love grapefruit juice and it's bitter and chewy like my favorite hoppy beverage. One night every weekend I'll go drink whatever at the pubs with my friends. Drinking alone isn't fun anyway.
>>
File: frink.png (41 KB, 160x324) Image search: [Google]
frink.png
41 KB, 160x324
>>35616682
being a peer pressured bitch is literally worse than being an alcoholic, which you still are technically, op. don't kid yourself.
>>
>>35616736
Well, I don't really mind it though, I wouldn't pay any attention to it, if it didn't come to my gym routine
>>
>>35617228
Still making excuses despite clearly just being razzed to me shows that you actually do feel bad about it. I'm not the guy from before by the by.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.