[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fat burning via weight lifting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 480x300
So I just got this big home gym thing the other day, no idea what it's called.

It's got
>bench press
>military press
>butterfly arms
>squats
>lat pulls
>seated rows
>curls/leg curls
>tricep extensions
>25 other things I've never heard of

I haven't lifted in years. My current goal is to burn off all this fat, not beef up like a roided-out freak.
What lifts/how many sets/reps should I do to burn fat?

I'll also be going for a run 3-4 times a week
>>
Bump help me out guise
>>
You don't even need to lift to burn off fat just track your calories and eat under your tdee.
Also
READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>35614892
>Not beef up like some roided-out freak
Fuck yourself, bulking isn't easy fatty
Read the sticky
>>
read the stick you stupid cunt
leave and never come back with your dumbass questions
>>
Guys, just moving his eyes back and forth while reading the sticky isn't going to burn very many calories.
>>
>>35614892
>My current goal is to burn off all this fat, not beef up like a roided-out freak.

Losing fat is 90% diet, 10% exercise. Don't worry, you will not look like a roided out freak. That kind of look takes literally years to achieve.
>>
>thinking you'll look like a roided out freak without taking roids
idiot
>>
Use the 3x7 rep scheme. So 3 sets of 7 reps. This is the critical boundary between no visible gains (<6 reps) and muscle bound freak (>8 reps). Do a circuit through one body part a day. For example, on monday, do just biceps. Try and get at least 6 different exercises that hit the biceps. Do 3x7 for all the exercises, resting only about 90 seconds between all sets. So your week could look like this:
Monday - Biceps
Tuesday - Calves
Wednesday - Chest (make sure to use butterfly arms)
Thursday - Quadriceps
Friday - Lats
I was in a similar situation to you and this is the routine I used to get a nice toned body. I'm very happy with the way I look now and I think you will be too. Cheers
>>
File: 1450612859871.png (37 KB, 807x662) Image search: [Google]
1450612859871.png
37 KB, 807x662
>>35616040
Are you crazy?
>>
>>35614892
Send it back and get your money get a gym membership and read the sticky faggit it's there for a reason
>>
>>35616040
Are you retarded?
>>
>>35616262
Fuck this image man

whenever I get to 7 reps on anything I instantly think of this and start laughing my ass off while I'm doing the 8th rep then I fail it because I'm laughing and then I miss all my gains because I only did 7 reps
>>
>>35616040
don't listen to this guy 7 reps in scientifically ungains

>>35616262
>>
>>35616262
>>35616307
>>35616462

This is just /fit/ trolling you OP. Trust me, I did it myself, this is exactly what you're looking for.
>>
>>35616262
It's true though. Negative reps happen after 12, 13 is a negative gain amount.
-1 gain.
>>
>>35616714
7 reps will make you lose gains

it's science

look theres even a graph.
>>
>>35614892
>I'm going to pound your ass so hard it will look like Japan's flag
>>
you need to read the toning guide in the sticky
>>
>>35615406
seriously
>>35614892
fukk off this board, op
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.