[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/plg/- Powerlifting general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: bodorio kung fu master.jpg (689 KB, 1219x709) Image search: [Google]
bodorio kung fu master.jpg
689 KB, 1219x709
Welcome to /PLG/ Powerlifting General.
Primarily for the purpose of becoming a better athlete on the platform, but all forms of strength training accepted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUkGIsKvn0

Post progress, PR's, meet videos, schmexy lifts, or anything strength training related!
>>
HIYA ME SO STRONG ME KICK ANBRODY ASS! ME TRAINED BRACK BRELT IS KUNGFU

me krick ur ass so bad sean
>>
>tfw not a billionaire
>>
Ok, so I used to do powerlifting in high school, but have fallen out of it since.I want to get back on that shit bros.

I'm back in decent weightlifting shape now, but am I too old to start gaining again at 26? Like, is there too much of a work input gap between me and the guys that didn't stop after hs?
>>
>>35608566
yeah if you try lifting now your body will shut down and you'll die and your joints will also explode on top of dying
>>
>>35608566
You could self prescribe some TRT and gain like a 18 year old
>>
>>35608588
I've been lifting steadily for about 8 months now. I meant in the proportional sense, like could I still compete to win? I'm trying to decide if I want to actually pursue comp powerlifting again and I don't think I want to do it if I don't have a shot at winning my weight group.

>>35608591
Nah.
>>
>>35608546
>bought a ticket because why not and got literally not a single matching number

RIP my $9
>>
Fuck it I'm getting some wrist bands for squats. Hurts my wrists.
>>
>>35608665
>wrist bands
Come on senpai
>>
>>35608648

Unless you're a complete genetic freak, you're not winning your weight class at any decent meet regardless of when you start.

You can start late and be damned good (quite a few guys only take up PLing after college, sometimes years after, when they've lost their main sport) but winning really isn't a good motivation in this sport. Very few people will do it and its not like you get anything for that.
>>
>>35608566
Lots of guys have said strength doesn't peak until you're in your late thirties or early forties. You're fine.
>>
>>35608686
It's the only gear I'm going to use. it's just bothering my wrists too much and thumbless isn't working out.
>>
>>35608653
lottery is probably one of the cruelest forms of taxing, I should really stop before I develop a habit
>>
>>35608720
I bought one last Friday and one today. Only two I've ever bought and likely among only a few I'll ever buy.

>tfw sitting around fantasizing about the kind of gym I'd build for myself and all the equipment I could get if I had basically unlimited money
>>
>>35608689
Thanks.

I used to win almost every meet I competed in, but that was almost a decade ago. I suppose I'll visit a few local meet and see what the guys there are tossing around.
>>
>>35608756
>>tfw sitting around fantasizing about the kind of gym I'd build for myself and all the equipment I could get if I had basically unlimited money

So basically like Seans gym
>>
>>35608769
idk if I could buy one as nice as that even if I had 2 billion
>>
File: brb deadlifting a bear.jpg (371 KB, 768x779) Image search: [Google]
brb deadlifting a bear.jpg
371 KB, 768x779
PROM Round 2: Pulls for me and heaves for you is feeling good so far.

>Block pulls 8.25" 585 x 6 x 5
>Block rows 365 x 8 x 3
>Lighter than helium split squats
>Operation Popeye
>Shrugs'n'shit

I dropped the sumo pulls from the last round since they didn't seem particularly useful. I might throw in some snatch grip shenanigans or light paused deads since everyone's raving about them. On the down side, my hamstrings tend to cramp like a motherfucker after these sessions, I should probably do something about that.
>>
>>35608781
When making programs for your clients, do you think about sagittal planes/horizontal adduction/abduction and all that fancy schmazy?
>>
>Exchange my original galaxy for an S6
>S6 can't play webms and takes fucking forever to load images on 4chan
why'd I waste my money lads
>>
>tried to do kettlebell cleans because I was curious
>can't figure out how to it with it slamming into my arm
>>
>>35608827
Not unless I feel like it's worth putting time into, which honestly isn't very often. Only people I've really done specific stuff like that with are people with joint issues.
I'm sure it's a good idea, but when I have 30-60 min with someone once a week and I need to make sure the days we don't meet go well, things like that don't tend to take precedence.

But I've only been training for about 8 months so I may learn better to incorporate those sorts of things where they might be appropriate. Sorry I'm not quite sober and tend to ramble.
>>
>>35608883
My note 4 can do those things. Maybe you're just doing it wrong?
>>
>>35609208
According to google S6 doesn't support pretty much anything but .mp4
>>
>>35609208
>>35609219

Looks like VLC lets me view webms. Pics are still slow as fug
>>
kek brandon lilly posting on facebook about how he's finally above the weight that broke his knees on squat, but the video is filmed crooked to make it look deeper
>>
>>35609341
link? i cant find it
>>
>>35608802
Can you post the program? Or is it in the doc?
>>
>>35608883
So glad I got the Nexus 6P instead of getting the S6 after my S5
>>
>>35609359
facebook
brandonlilly3/videos/10206878783381664/
>>
>>35609423
I'm not on an actual program, just a PROM setup loosely based off of an article I read about Bob Peoples' and Don Reinhoudt's deadlift training. I've got stacks of 3/4 inch mats, I start at 9 inches, which puts me just slightly below the knees, and strip a mat off each time, keeping weight/reps/sets the same.
>>
File: fKKUZ27.jpg (139 KB, 1010x920) Image search: [Google]
fKKUZ27.jpg
139 KB, 1010x920
having a wank
>>
>snatch grip stiff leg DL

wew
>>
"Explosive" deadlifts today, friends.
Gonna be SO fatigued.

Actually a little grateful, as this gives me a couple weeks to ease back into sumo with a bunch of reps and time spent stretching and rolling tight shit before having the heavy pulls.

Also magic jew 1 week update: intake increased significantly from previous cut, weight still going down. 191.6 upon waking.
>>
>>35609341
Saw that. Chuckled.
>>
File: alexandra bring.jpg (68 KB, 540x533) Image search: [Google]
alexandra bring.jpg
68 KB, 540x533
>>35609933
happy for you
>>
File: Untitled1.png (125 KB, 431x267) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
125 KB, 431x267
>>35609341
>>
>>35609933
this was my favorite meme i think.
>>
>>35608883
My s5 does both fine.
>>
Starting Korte 3x3 next week. Anybody tried this routine before?
>>
>>35608883
I have an s6 and webms abd loading pictures is all fine

However this will be the last Samsung phone I ever buy
>>
>>35610555
My note 4 is all well and good. Provided it has the featires I want, I'm probably gonna go back to an HTC model after this one, just because the homebrew community is a lot larger with HTC.
>>
>>35610526

I did for 8 weeks. Did not gain strength
>>
File: sapporo.png (353 KB, 1040x950) Image search: [Google]
sapporo.png
353 KB, 1040x950
>>
I'm getting seriously depressed at not being able to fix my squat morning desu lads
>>
>>35608883
>>35609208
>>35610482
>>35610555
why are you even buying sameshit?

It's literally the kia/hyundai of phones.
>>
>>35610857
Because my HTC one was a shit and no way in fuck will I buy an apple product
>>
>>35610857
I agree. After this contract I'll buy the latest nexus
>>
>>35610834
Don't squat like a Rippetard?
>>
>>35611115
I try. Currently doing front squats and leg press as an accessory and thinking about keeping knees out, activate glutes, elbows down, brace properly and neutral head
>>
>>35611134
The Chris Duff videos that he did with SuperTraining are pretty good desu. Cauchi has a good beginner vid as well.
>>
>>35610998
What's wrong with it? I have the s6 edge and I'm happy with it
>>
>>35611174
I feel like a cuck for losing the features of the s4 like

Interchangeable batteries
Sd card storage

And the only benefits are better camera, fingerprint scanner unlock, much faster recharge and bigger resolution - although you can't even tell that at this screen size
>>
I always put my belt just above hips - worth trying to put it higher?

Does anyone actually wear it higher?
>>
>>35608945
No need to apologize.
>>
This death stretch thing kills me man.

I can barely get upright half way and the pain is incredible.

Damn
>>
>>35608467
heavy bunny hops with a barbell klokov style

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XA8_mTGQ30
>>
Seriously, does one get used to the incredibly challenge of powering through the pain in a stretch?

Shaking and sweating with this shit, its insane.
>>
>>35611621
You kinda get used to it, like foam rolling.
>>
>>35611621
You shouldn't be in pain. Just discomfort. Reduce the intensity
>>
I summon sparrow to post that der Instagram. Do it nigga.
>>
>>35611656
Hm, alright. I will try with less intensity next time.
>>
>>35610834

Candito-Sama has a few vids on this.
>>
>>35611368
full retard
>>
>>35610834
Front squat.
>>
>>35608467

So I checked this Sheiko thing and... really? A routine with zero upper back or arm work? Is this routine just a meme or do people actually do it?
>>
>>35611944
kek
marcel, 450 wilks, literally does 0 arm work and close to 0 upper back work apart from the occasional set of pull ups
assistance work is a meme unless you want to look more j00cy
>>
>>35611982
B-but, a bigger muscle i-is a stronger muscle. N-nothing wrong with wanting to look j-juicy...
>>35611944
Just do some pull ups/face pulls every once in a while if it bothers you that much.
>>
>>35611944
You can add back work and arm work if you want to. I do back work every day.
>>
>>35612013
>>35612037

Where do I add them? To end of the workout?

And what abou OHP? It is my best lift and I want to do it as much as possible.
>>
>>35612072
>powerlifting
>>
>>35612072
Just do them after the main lifts. If you're doing one of the 3 day routines, one of the mods on the forum suggested adding a 4th day with some OHP, shoulder work (nothing too serious) and back work. I suggest checking that place out as it has the answer to almost any question.
>>
>>35612072
Replace your OHP with bench work.
If you want to OHP do it at the end of your workout.
>Powerlifting
>>
>>35612072
>Where do I add them? To end of the workout?

Just add them in with the other assistance work. Superset chins and bicep work with chest and tricep work. Do rows on deadlift days.

>And what abou OHP? It is my best lift and I want to do it as much as possible.

Nobody gives a fuck about your OPH in powerlifting but if you really do then just do it as assistance work once or twice a week in place of pressing or tricep work.
>>
>>35612088
Or just do a 4 day cycle even...
>>
>>35612072
OHP shouldn't be a priority
do it as assistance if you want but its probably better to just bench more
>>
>>35612072
why don't you stop trying to make a different programme look like SS/TM and actually do SS/TM
>>
When I was a beginner OHP helped me get to 2pl8 bench, when you're so weak that you can't do significant volume on the main lifts, accessory work is more useful imo.
>>
>>35612088
>I suggest checking that place out as it has the answer to almost any question.

Except for the ones Boris answers with "Because 35 years of trial and error"...
>>
>>35612113
>so weak that you can't do significant volume on the main lifts
I don't think that's a thing
>>
>>35612113
Meh. In terms of powerlifting novice programs which give equal balance to pressing and benching just leave you with shit benches. OHP is great assistance no doubt but you need to place more emphasis on benching if you want to get decent gains with bench pressing.

TLDR: another reason SS/TM suck dick for powerlifting.
>>
>>35612127
>>35612113

>I don't think that's a thing

Yeah it's totally not a thing...
>>
>>35612132
>implying either was created for powerlifting
>implying their aren't bench focused templates for both
>implying benching 3x/week would have make your bench not so shitty

just another kid poorly regurgitating bad advice.
>>
>>35612132
SS/TM were never considered powerlifting routines. You can add cuntloads of benching if you want though since you can do some form of it all three days, keeping ohp as an assistance lift. I think they're pretty good for the average person who just wants to get stronger.
>>
>>35612132
>
What difference does it make. If you are doing ss or tm without a powerlifting focus you haven't been training very long. Beginners can do virtually anything and get stronger
>>
>>35612165
>>implying either was created for powerlifting

No, implying neither should be considered powerlifting programs... but they often are even in their base form.

>>implying their aren't bench focused templates for both

Not even discussing these, only the official templates. I've written out a multitude of bench focused variations of both for novice lifters myself but erring from the templates is still criticised by the creator regardless of it's flaws in terms of PL.

>>implying benching 3x/week would have make your bench not so shitty

It'll improve most novice's bench numbers significantly faster, as would extra hypertrophy assistance too. But my bench? I'm just lucky SS and Ripp weren't around when I started lifting. I trained like a bb'er, got big muscles and a big bench followed.

>just another kid poorly regurgitating bad advice.

No not really, I'm not a kid and my advice is quite sound.
>>
Lads Mike T has me doing stiff legged snatch grip deads but when i do them it's 100% erectors, how to fix.
>>
>>35610030
Right?!
>>
>>35612250
doing them from a defecit would use more hamstring and less erectors.
>>
>>35611944
>ten million deadlifts
>0 upper back work
>>
>>35612088
>>35612089
>>35612092
>>35612104

And for how long am I supposed to rest between the sets?
>>
>>35612189
>>35612222

No not really, they work to a degree but they're still pretty inefficient in general. Beginners need to spend time developing technique with sub-maximal weights and building muscles. SS and TM are both so PR driven (daily and weekly) and minimal in volume that they neglect both aspects of athlete development significantly. Most novices would be better of doing a more bb'ing styled routine to begin with but still using the full-body split and aiming for weight progression as a shared focus with technique and hypertrophy.

I speak mostly from a powerlifting aspect here but the logic is really the same for most novice recreational lifters. The only time I would suggest SS or TM as useful would be if the athlete is already participating in another sport like football where their weights training can't affect their performance on the field, but this was the original purpose of the Bill Starr 5x5 routines that Ripp based SS on anyway. Yet for some reason he totally detuned the volume and then said you shouldn't do SS and play a sport at the same time. In short Ripp's a retard.
>>
>>35612301
As long as you need but 2-5mins would be my minimal recommendation. That being said I can take 10-15mins between squat sets sometimes.
>>
>>35612277
I think I'm rounding a bit. It feels impossible to stiff leg it with a flat back so I think I just end up doing basically normal SGDLs, I borderline squat down to the bar.
>>
>>35612310
I did 6 months of ss then a year on Chaos and Pain style training. No regrets
>>
Hans Gruber dead lads :(
>>
>>35612238
>they often are even in their base form.
there's nothing inherently wrong with either in terms of powerlifting. just because it doesn't specify doing a massive bench arch, doing sumo or using bench as the only pressing movement ever - doesn't mean it's not good for getting people strong in the lifts.

>Not even discussing these
they are official. they are in the books. you think Rip wrote the one vanilla programme thats posted everywhere and sold a whole book on it?

>It'll improve most novice's bench numbers
it would for a certain period of time, before the novice can't manage heavy bench 3 times a week - at which point a lighter pressing movement has to be put in the middle of the week (ohp). this is something talked about in the book which you refuse to read yet want to criticise.

>my advice is quite sound
>calling your own advice sound whilst being criticised
the trait of all intelligent people.

>>35612310
>Most novices would be better of doing a more bb'ing styled routine to begin with
oh nevermind I didn't realise I was being trolled.
>>
>>35612318

What the fuck? So I spend like 4 hours in the gym?
>>
>>35612348
>you think Rip wrote the one vanilla programme thats posted everywhere and sold a whole book on it?

H-he kind of did
>>
>>35612321
Are you using too much weight?
I think you are better snatch grip romanian deadlifts if you can't do what you are doing.
>>
>>35612368
1.5-2
>>
>>35612393
*better off
>>
Considering /smg/ is ded I may as well post this here
Did farmers walks today for the first time in a while, initially intended to do a few sets of 120kg for 20m. I did a couple and it felt pretty easy going so I upped it to 125 (my old PR), and that also felt easy-ish so I plonked 130 on and went. Got about 15m with it feeling okay and then I felt a ripping pain on my right hand, I dropped them and two of the callouses on my right hand had ripped off taking a fair bit of skin with them. Hurt like a motherfucker and bled quite a lot at first, but it's not too bad now. Apart from that I'm happy with the session, if my callouses hadn't come off I'd have had the 130.
>>
>>35612348
>>35612392
didn't phrase that well tbf

I was referring to Practical Programming
>>
>>35612393
>Are you using too much weight?

Almost definitely. The RDL thing makes sense, the only time out felt 'right' was when I tried to drag it up my legs with my lats.
>>
>>35612399
Different guy but I think if you are going to take longer than 2 hours every single time you are in the gym you should split days up.
>>
>>35612321
stiff !=straight
you can bend your legs a bit if you need to
>>
>>35612435
I work fast, never took me 2hrs to finish one but I'm sure a lot of people do. I would not split the days, I tried that this summer and got burned out, tired, and sick of training very quickly.
>>
>>35612440
Yeah but like I said, I have to spread my knees and squat a little to get into position. Guess I'll just keep working on it.
>>
>>35612368
Welcome to sheiko, let me know if you beat my 5hr record.
>>
>>35612526
bit cold out
>>
File: topCUCK100.png (74 KB, 738x578) Image search: [Google]
topCUCK100.png
74 KB, 738x578
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1XCHurhUYza
>>
>>35612526
Seen on life support
>>
>>35612331
I didn't say that it doesn't work... just that there are more efficient ways of developing as an athlete. Pre-ripp powerlifters did shitloads of bodybuilding from day 1, and in the earlier days a lot of them were bodybuilders. Russian powerlifters came through the Russian athlete development system that used a multi-disciplinary approach from an early age where athletes developed their physique, conditioning and skills with multiple sports and forms of training. But if you wanted to do SS then good for you, and hell if you're training just for recreational fun the do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>there's nothing inherently wrong with either in terms of powerlifting. just because it doesn't specify doing a massive bench arch, doing sumo or using bench as the only pressing movement ever - doesn't mean it's not good for getting people strong in the lifts.

I'm not referring to any of these things in the slightest...

>they are official. they are in the books. you think Rip wrote the one vanilla programme thats posted everywhere and sold a whole book on it?

Well yeah he kinda did... and well, because of the limitations in terms of volume progression that both Ripp and Lascek espouse, even with increase bench frequency TM still sucks ass. Any high volume variations are going way off the reservation.

>it would for a certain period of time, before the novice can't manage heavy bench 3 times a week - at which point a lighter pressing movement has to be put in the middle of the week (ohp). this is something talked about in the book which you refuse to read yet want to criticise.

I've read the book, numerous times. A lighter bench variation would be more useful, and this could easily be followed by some pressing too.

>>calling your own advice sound whilst being criticised
>the trait of all intelligent people.

Calling my advice sounds while being criticised by someone who is just parroting Rippetardisms is perfectly sound.

>>Most novices would be better of doing a more bb'ing styled routine to begin with
>oh nevermind I didn't realise I was being trolled.

Not trolling at all. Totally cereal.
>>
>>35612435
No, 2.5-3hrs is quite common actually...

You can split the sessions up if you have time constraints but it's otherwise Boris recommends keeping the full rest days in between.
>>
File: gregcuckols.jpg (140 KB, 700x612) Image search: [Google]
gregcuckols.jpg
140 KB, 700x612
>>
>>35612526
I consent to this.
>>
>>35612734
Did you also consent to being a high pitched obese autistic child ?
>>
>>35612641
you can't say something "sucks ass" with no logical reasoning. everything you say is just opinions and general speculation based off of a few years in the gym training yourself and your 'keen interest' to read about lifting

you like to think changing a heavy ohp for a light bp would be better - but you have no reasoning other than
>i think its so
and claim it'll revolutionise people's bench press. the thing is - it won't, and it hasn't.

this isn't a discussion. this is you repeating your unqualified opinion, based off of other people's unqualified opinions.
>>
File: the_ferrett.jpg (231 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
the_ferrett.jpg
231 KB, 1280x719
>>35611296

I wear my belt lower when I squat and higher when I deadlift. Attached photo of approximate deadlift belt position.

>>35610834
>>35611916

Second for do more front squats.

>>35612318

>15 minutes

Wow. That's enough time for a wank and half an episode of Dr. Who.
>>
I remember when Topkek100 first invited me round his house, he was this 6"1 twink in middle school who weighed like 90lbs, everyone use to take to the piss out of him so he tried to make friends by inviting people round for a sleep over
I thought it would be funny to go over and rob the little twink, unfortunately I was the only one who showed up. I needed a piss and asked topkek mother where the bathroom was, I almost died of laughter when she led me into a cold room with a stone floor & walls scraped of paint and pointed to the shit stained floor and said squat down and poo there, I asked her is she had a toilet and she said no and that I needed to poo on the floor
I had serious bad diarrhea from eating topkeks curry earlier, so I bent down near the walls and sprayed as much as I could on the wall, topkeks mother then came and sprayed the mess with a hose, and the hose water literally looked like it had shit in it. The shit water went down this drain in the centre of the room
I later asked for some water and his mother showed me to this tap outside and told me to cup my hands and collect the water, I asked her to show me first and watch as she put her mouth under this rusty blackened tap and turn it on ONLY to have shit water pour into her mouth. I laughed so hard watching little peanuts clump onto the edges of her mouth, I then said I wasn't thirsty anymore and topkeks mother showed me back inside
Eventually I asked topkek where his valuables were (so I could steal them) & he took me to his bedroom and when he opened it all I could see was broken base units & laptops around the room, at one end was a line of phones, which topkek explained was for his job at tech support, & the other end was this crappy dell desktop with the case open and a old white oscillating fan blowing onto the CPU which had no heat sink
I asked what that computer was for & he told me he ran a website which lured people in so he can install malware onto their computer & sell their Information
>>
>>35612783
>back against the wall, sean begins flailing and firing out random insults
>>
>>35612836
>back against the wall, the high pitched child removes his trip and begins writing cringe worthy responses
>>
>Seen getting btfo this hard again
lmaoing irl rn
>>
>>35612794
>>35612794

Well yes I guess 20 years is a few years training myself, and more than a few of those spent training others too if you must know. I have tonne of logical reasoning too, a large amount of it being that Ripp's logic is pretty fucking awful and flies in the face of most decent strength training literature, especially when it comes to his minimal dose approach to everything.

>you like to think changing a heavy ohp for a light bp would be better - but you have no reasoning other than
>i think its so
>and claim it'll revolutionise people's bench press. the thing is - it won't, and it hasn't.

It will and it does. Bench loves thrives on volume and frequency for muscle, strength and technique development. All lifts do, but I think bench does the most.

>this isn't a discussion. this is you repeating your unqualified opinion, based off of other people's unqualified opinions.

This is me giving you my opinion based on Sheiko, Zatsiorsky, Medvedyev, Verkhoshansky, Siff, Bondarchuk, Wolf, Israetel, Nuckols, and numerous other unqualified opinions.
>>
>>35612982
>my logic is that his logic is wrong compared to my logic
I'm glad you're using that "tonne of logical reasoning"

>name dropping
you think this exemplifies anything? you're the classic, clueless manchild trying to pass off like he knows something.
>constantly claiming the validity of own opinion instead of making legitimate arguments as to why opinion is correct
>tossing out names in an effort to look well learned without actually using a scratch of evidence to support claims

your contribution can be summed up with
>hurr durr it should be more volume tho cuz sheiko

and I will no longer take part in humouring it.
>>
File: aging eggs vs wine.png (52 KB, 1150x556) Image search: [Google]
aging eggs vs wine.png
52 KB, 1150x556
do any of you ever worry about blowing out your joints and being completely fucked in the long run, never to achieve your PL goals?
also had a laugh at this graph when I realised women took the lump sum as far as attractiveness goes while men went with the annuity.
>>
I just scratched my ass like you sometimes do, and I got a whiff of something, so I checked my underpants in the men's room and there was a shit stain on them
I then wiped my ass with toilet paper and it's as if I forgot to wipe my ass the last time I took a shit and just put my clothes on - but the thing is I didn't even take a shit today and I just showered this morning. I had to take my underwear off and hide it at the bottom of the bin
This makes no sense, did I shit myself without realizing it? My stomach feels absolutely fine no problems
>>
>>35612675
kek
>>
I was just told by a physical therapist in the gym that my knees were pointing too far out on my front squat. He tole me to keep my feet and knees pointed more forward and when I did so I almost fell over.

I am a manlet with lanklet legs so I have always had to put my feet out to around 30 degress and really track my knees out to hit depth while keeping back perfectly upright.

Was he right?
>>
>>35613161

If you don't mind, just humour me with your e-stats, particularly years training, lifts vs bodyweight, and years spent competing.

>I'm glad you're using that "tonne of logical reasoning"

>I'm glad you're using that "tonne of logical reasoning"

That Ripp's ideas are contrary to established strength sports training literature isn't logic? Well fuck, call me illogical.

>name dropping
>you think this exemplifies anything? you're the classic, clueless manchild trying to pass off like he knows something.
>constantly claiming the validity of own opinion instead of making legitimate arguments as to why opinion is correct
>tossing out names in an effort to look well learned without actually using a scratch of evidence to support claims

I've already mentioned that his method is too low dose and has insufficient focus on hypertrophy and technique and too much on daily/weekly PRs. The names I mentioned support the opposite.

>your contribution can be summed up with
>hurr durr it should be more volume tho cuz sheiko

Actually no it's...
>hurr durr more volume drives hypertrophy, work capacity and technique development which in terms provides a better basis for strength development and progression

>and I will no longer take part in humouring it.

Well whatever, I really should find something better to distract me than arguing with faceless rippetards on the internet anyway.
>>
>>35613269
shit pt, dump him.

knees directly forward places the most stress on the knees and lends itself to hip impingement.

this depends on how severely your knees were tracked outwards, but they should definitely be pushed out
>>
>>35613166
T b h it worries the shit out of me

>>35613269
>was he right
Probably not unless you have excessive varus collapse in the squat
>>
>>35613166
That graph shows men are moronic

Also not worried. I know it's going to happen. Most old powerlifters are a mess of real injuries. Price you pay to have fun.
>>
Why does sheiko have so many block pulls? Would I be missing out on anything by replacing them with deficit deadlifts?
>>
>>35613476
>That graph shows men are moronic
not really, what is attractive to men stays the same, i.e. signs of good health, fertility, good genetics etc. all of which are at their peak in women in their early twenties.
For women attraction is much more complicated and dynamic. as well as the same things that make women attractive to men, women are also attracted to success, social dominance, the ability to provide for a family and a handful of other factors that are slipping my mind.
>>
>>35613543
You realize they're in there for a reason and deficits do not accomplish what Boris intended by writing in block pulls, right?
>>
File: Statistics on Women.jpg (2 MB, 3560x2847) Image search: [Google]
Statistics on Women.jpg
2 MB, 3560x2847
>>35613476

>isley is this much of a feminist

holy fuck I am laughing HARD right now
>>
>>35613543
Sheiko breaks deadlifts into 2 parts. Although most of his atheletes pull sumo, people have made great conventional deadlift gains on it.
>>
File: 59137336.jpg (95 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
59137336.jpg
95 KB, 432x432
>>35613309
>, I really should find something better to

You really should.

If you spent half as much time lifting as you do arguing menial details, then you'd probably have broken 350 wilks by now.

Are you the same asshole that autistically argued against the merits of knee sleeves a while back?

Lol.
>>
>>35613564
I'm aware of that. I'm looking to modify the deadlift portion of sheiko a little as I was unable to complete the full deadlift workouts. I feel that the block pulls were creating more fatigue than they are worth.
>>
File: feministjusticesystem.jpg (290 KB, 669x909) Image search: [Google]
feministjusticesystem.jpg
290 KB, 669x909
>>35613476

>this is what Isley supports
>>
File: HKrredP.jpg (7 KB, 240x376) Image search: [Google]
HKrredP.jpg
7 KB, 240x376
>>35613476

some greg nuckols tier autism right there
>>
>>35613614
You could lower the weight or the size of the blocks if you want to make it closer to regular dead, I just feel like changing it to deficit goes against the intention of the exercise
>>
Hey sean didn't you make a bet that you would leave?
Didn't isley win said bet?
>>
>>35613635
What's with everyone talking about Greg Nuckols? lol
>>
>>35612293
this. i get upper back doms from all kinds of deadlifting
>>
File: cruisekek.jpg (53 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
cruisekek.jpg
53 KB, 419x480
>>35613476

>isley is this much of a cuck
>isley is dating a hambeast because his emasculated self can't get any better
>>
>>35613662
Maaaaaan I haven't had upper back doms in ages :/
>>
File: blacklaughman.jpg (15 KB, 720x266) Image search: [Google]
blacklaughman.jpg
15 KB, 720x266
>>35613661
>>35612675

>greg cuckols
>>
Look at him try
>>
>>35613645
They are there to work on top end strength right?
>>
File: IMG_0660.jpg (29 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0660.jpg
29 KB, 250x250
>>35613681

I think this is Isley's other trip, I notice he only posts when Isley is active.

Clearly a pathetic attempt when it is so obvious exactly who you are.
>>
who do you think would be able to hold 315 double overhand the longest in plg?
>>
>>35613694
Lockout strength, yeah. But also timing. Block pulls are great for sumo because you can focus on snapping the knees in
>>
File: IMG_2561.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2561.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
>>35613681

Okay Isley, we get it, you can use a different tripcode, you have the mental capacity to do that. Now turn your actual trip back on.
>>
>>35613635
>nuckols
cuckols*
>>
File: IMG_2557.jpg (155 KB, 1804x1036) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2557.jpg
155 KB, 1804x1036
>>35613476
>>
>>35613707
Probably norsie
He's the only one that makes me insecure about my deadlift
>>
>>35613707
bodorio or norse without a doubt
>>
File: 2016-01-14 11.35.30.jpg (2 MB, 1732x2237) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-14 11.35.30.jpg
2 MB, 1732x2237
>>35613352
This is pretty much where my knees are when I front squat. I don't wear those shoes before anyone says anything, I was just stretching after my workout.

Sorry for the lewd underwear shot. I know this board is supposed to be SFW.
>>
TM

Bench 5x115kg --> 5x120kg
Squat 5x125kg --> 5x132.5kg

Bench felt pretty good, better than squat. Wtf is this. Why my bench still keeps progressing fast af. Im just a fucking benchbreh forever. Why my legs don't want to be stronger
>>
>>35613725
>>35613737
Actually, to make it more fair/intersting what if it was for a 95 wilk deadlift
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-11+at+10.45.18).jpg (82 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-11+at+10.45.18).jpg
82 KB, 500x380
>>35613681

Wow man you're so cool and epic, really great post by this ambiguous, entirely mysterious poster.

I hope your vague, passive aggressive posts give you a huge sense of satisfaction, even when you realise that you are just further confirming the fact that you are a complete and utter fool.
>>
>>35613746
Well I'm no PT but that looks fine. Are you having knee problems?
>>
>>35613746
>goku hoodie

pls kill yourself
>>
>>35613707
bui/bryce/bodorio
>>
>>35613757

who is that isley guy and why is everyone hating on him? what did he do wrong?
>>
>>35613758
Nope. Everything feels great. I was just concerned after that pt told me to adjust my knees more forward
>>
File: fff.png (821 KB, 1330x1080) Image search: [Google]
fff.png
821 KB, 1330x1080
>>35613757

i love it when sean blows isley the fuck out
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 432x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 432x650
>>35613760
>mfw he's going to make it and you won't
>>
>>35613771
Sean made a bet isley that isley couldn't bench 140kg. Isley did it and now sean is being a coward and not living up to the bet.
The terms were that sean would leave for 3 months, but sean can't possibly live without us so he won't leave.
So now sean is going all out in a fit of rage since he lost.
>>
>>35613760
I can't. Vegeta is the one who blows himself up desu
>>
>>35613833

plg was once so great lads..
>>
>>35613833
In Seen's defence, the bet had two parts.

I have to bench 140kg and put 5kg on my squat OR deadlift before or on my sheiko skills test
>>
>Do irl stuff for a while
>come back to plg and see seen this desperate
kek
>>
>>35613855
It really was. All good things come to an end though.
I've been spending most of my time on another general.
But I still can't leave here. Too many good memories.
It's just unfortunate that comfy posts from all of us can't possibly match the volume of shit sean is dedicated to pushing on us.
Oh well. At least I have my comfy time in the Facebook group.

I'm actually meeting a plg anon tomorrow. Alex if you know him.
>>
>>35613725
y not phil?
>>
>>35613875
what would you have to do if he wins the bet?
>>
>>35613895
>another general.
Not on /fit/ surely ? only other one is owg

a bit jel of the fb group t b h

Yeah i've heard of this Alex fellow.. you gunna vid it ?
>>
>>35613941
no its probably on /o/ or /k/
>>
>>35613941
Nah it's not on /fig/.
And yea I'll film it. It's a meet we are doing. Not sure if it will be live streamed but I don't think it is.
>>35613958
Nah
>>
Not sure If I should post this here, but here goes.

I'm going to be taking a month off of Powerlifting to do high volume bodybuilding training and then returning to Powerlifting.

My question was if anyone here could help me make a split that had me doing squat/bench/deadlift/ohp twice per week?
>>
>>35613967
PPL ?
>>
>>35613855
>>35613895

1. Ignore shitposting
2. Post about powerlifting
3. Respond to others only talking about powerlifting, minimal arguing
4. Rinse/wash/repeat for a few months
>>
>>35613967
PPLPPLX. First Push- bench primary OHP secondary movement then switch around for second Push, Same with squats and deadlifts on Legs
>>
>>35614061
It's been like a year. It doesn't matter. If sean doesn't get replies from us, he just replies to himself. He literally doesn't care that we know he does. He doesn't card about completely embarrassing himself.
>>
>>35614061
This, tbqh. Buncha fuckin quitters around here.
>>
>>35614098
Oh shit, thanks man I really appreciate it.
>>
>>35614103

>A bunch of big, strong men
>allowing your general to be destroyed by one shitposter

/OWG/ here, sounds pretty pathetic desu
>>
>>35613754
That's not interesting at all

>>35613762
Do any of them train grip directly or are you just saying that because they DL a lot? Because if it's the latter, DL isn't going to train grip as much as training grip intentionally. also you have to consider that big hands are a blessing for that kind of thing so you have to consider that norse and I are going to have better purchase on the bar than Bryce or bodorio

>>35613777
Yeah man fuck that you're fine imo

>>35613915
Norse can doh 545, I can doh 500, never seen what Phil can doh tbf

>>35614155
Go back to owg you lil shit
>>
>>35614142
NP. Just make sure you don't do any too crazy on Pull days that might affect your deadlift the next day.
>>
My friend told me that he bets i cant bench my 1rm without an arch. Ive been using this setup for months. Anyway i lie flat on the bench and put my legs on the bench and feet in the air.

The lift was actually easier to do.

So now im confused.

It was 160kg btw
>>
>>35614188
Why would you risk your shoulders like that?
>>
>>35614205
Exactly my thoughts
>>
>>35614187
So just keep it to lower intensity high volume pump work?
>>
>>35614171
Damn you, I can only double overhand 200kg-440lb for a single. I don't feel particularly weak at high weights using hook grip despite using straps quite often (shit hurts at high volume)
>>
>>35614224
Pretty much.
>>
>>35614205

I built up to it safely.
>>
>>35614232

>virtus squats 260kg
>deadlifts 200kg

what?
>>
>>35614213
The whole thing reeks of either stupidity or made up story desu.
>risking your shoulders maxing out without an arch
>maxing randomly like that
>>
>>35614244
He said double underhand

You
Fucking
Nonce
>>
>>35614224
not him, but i've heard people say do your leg before your pull day

also, I thought deadlifts would have been on pull day ? But putting them in the leg day does seem better
>>
>>35614171
Knuckle up. Post vid of how long you can hold 315lbs double overhand...
>>
>>35614254

yeah not as if you add 70kg to your deadlift by switching hand position, and he said double overhand you dick sucking faggot cuckold
>>
File: patrickbaitman.png (128 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
patrickbaitman.png
128 KB, 308x308
>>35614254

>aaron fisher
>>
>>35614244
>>35614254

lel I should be stanaszek-mode in order to have that squat/dl ratio
>>
>>35613967
>>35614098

Disclaimer: I'm not trappy-chan and this layout is baaasic.

Push 1:

5x5 bench 80%
5x10 OHP 60%
Isolation 1 (3x20 / 4x15 / 5x12)
Isolation 2 (3x20 / 4x15 / 5x12)
Isolation 3 (3x20 / 4x15 / 5x12)

Push 2:

5x5 OHP 80%
5x10 bench 60%
Isolation 3 (3x20 / 4x15 / 5x12)

Legs 1:

5x5 deadlift 80%
5x10 squat 60%

Legs 2

5x5 squat 80%
5x10 deadlift 60%
>>
>>35614270
B8
Almost had me

>>35614269
FINE FAGGOT
I'll do it tomorrow
>>
>>35614301

>he hasn't posted his meet yet

dude come on man
>>
>>35614301
How about today faggot...
>>
>>35614330
Because I'm not going to the gym today

>>35614313
Bahaha alright anon I'll get that together
>>
>>35614288
This is what I had in mind. When I did something silimar I did weighted chinups 5x5 then DB row 3x8-12 for PullA and DB row 5x5 then Weighted chinups 3x8-12 PullB along with maybe 1 or 2 extra bullshit back isolation exercises along with biceps.
>>
>>35614356
Kek kek kek. Wanna go heads up?
>>
>>35614288
I always thought PPL stood for Push Pull Legs ??
>>
>>35614384
Those are just examples for the Push and Leg days.
>>
>>35614384
nope

Push Party, Legs
>>
Boys, front squatted for the first time yesterday. Shit was crazy on the wrists/delts/collar bone but it felt great. And my knees felt really good, too. No spot so hit two plates and called it a day.
Anybody else front squat? What are your numbers?
>>
File: 1448408638403.jpg (51 KB, 490x564) Image search: [Google]
1448408638403.jpg
51 KB, 490x564
When was the last confirmed mong sighting?
What happened to him?
Mong hunt when?
Keep me posted
>>
File: sqaut (1 of 1).jpg (65 KB, 605x811) Image search: [Google]
sqaut (1 of 1).jpg
65 KB, 605x811
>>35614425

done a little bit over 2pl8 for a long pause before
>>
>>35613673
same program as you but i dont pull sumo my friend :^)
>>
>>35614438
Get that stupid shit out of here, this is a hardcore lifting forum, not a joke page. Don't ever post that garbage again, Sean or younll get banned, I'll get banned for looking at it and the mods'll ban themselves so they never have to see this stupid shit again. Mong.
>>
>>35614453
You're gay
>>
>>35614362

Your mileage may vary, and I don't know how many rest days you want or where you want stuff like rows, pullups, and pulldowns.

I don't have experience squatting on the same day as deadlifts and vice-versa. I can hack 5x10 @ 60% after my working squat sets, but I've never tried deadlifting first. Proceed with caution.

>>35614384

It does.

>>35614425

I got used to the olympic rack position after a while. For me it was like hookgrip. It's manageable discomfort after a while.
>>
>>35614446
Awesome. Weight? What's your other numbers? I'm gonna run my first program (Magnusson/Ortmayer) is it too much to keep them in. I love them so far and plan on hitting 3 soon once my delts get used to it. Heard it's supposed to be good for deads, though, too. Hadn't looked into it.
>>
File: 1448132686489.jpg (132 KB, 635x960) Image search: [Google]
1448132686489.jpg
132 KB, 635x960
WEW

i was basically 130 when i start and i'm down to 127.8, maybe I should up the calories a wee bit

i was thinking to myself, god damn i'm fucking hungry
>>
>>35614522
It's mostly water lad
>>
>>35614500
Only do Magnusson/Ortmayer, it's too taxing to include anything else into it. Maybe some light back work, maybe, maybe some light benching but pretty much mostly deads.
>>
>>35614534
I've been thinking the same thing, but it keeps going down in large increments. water usually sheds off right away for me and then the actual rate of loss takes over. this has been consistent equal chunks over 4 days now and my HRV was 5 this morning when I woke up, despite literally no stress and literally zero training volume

obv its too early to just jump ship and add calories but i'm foreseeing an increase from 3300 to maybe 3600-3800 in the future
>>
>>35608467
my lifts are 3/4/4.5 what program should i do?
>>
>>35614558
Did you pay for nutrition help or are you just basing it off the book?
>>
>>35614565
ss+gomad
>>
>>35614558
just cut your cals and stop whining. how old are you? what programs did you run? thanks. - a friend
>>
>>35614313
Sorry laddy it wants me to update my computer and that's just not going to happen right now
>>
>>35614565
squat within a hundred pounds of bench. i hate when i see this. it makes me angry. your bench should be at least 100 pounds less than your squat. srs.
>>
Squats: 455 felt like shit because I moved slowly and buried it. worked up to 475 anyways because I knew I could do better. Left knee and right front delt are bugging me today. Pretty sure its my nervous system being a douche trying to make me stop like it does every couple weeks.

Front squats: delt pain made front rack damn near impossible. Hit 315x1.

Gonna come back after class and try to front squat again before my pressing work. I'm never sore for more than 2-3 hours after I lift, so I'm wondering if my phantom pains will go away or move to somewhere else in the same time frame.
>>
File: rarefat.jpg (1 MB, 2959x2173) Image search: [Google]
rarefat.jpg
1 MB, 2959x2173
>>35614574
its just based off the book, so no I didn't pay for anything.

on a side note, maybe i've over looked this;

What BF% does /plg/ think I am?

I have 30% put down in the spread sheet, maybe the actual number is less than that which would account for missing calories

>>35614591
I think you mis-read there friendo, I might need to increase the kcals not cut them lol
>>
File: mike on a saturday night.jpg (63 KB, 446x300) Image search: [Google]
mike on a saturday night.jpg
63 KB, 446x300
>>35613707
Marcel mebbe
>>
Third day in a row lifting while sick

So fatigued I can barely push press 135 when usually I rep that for 10

Haven't felt so genuinely weak in a while fuark

Send help
>>
>>35614632
*for 10 strict not push
>>
>>35614619
"please don't steal" wasn't included so stealing this rarefat. And what's your body fat percentage?
>>
Snatch grip deads feel so amazing. And I'm not really sure why, 'cause my ROM is already killing me because of my short arms.

>>35614604
>tfw i bench more than i squat
:^)
>>
File: 1452689127856.jpg (82 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1452689127856.jpg
82 KB, 640x960
>>35614604
is someone upset about their shitty bench?
>>
>>35614619
Can't remember how tall you are, but 30 is probably pretty close.
>>
>>35614619
when did you first start powerlifting? what did you do? thanks.
>>
>>35614619
>I have 30% put down in the spread sheet

do you actually believe you only had like 90~ fucking kilos of lean mass? come'on norsie you're smarter than that.

you're mid to high 20s at absolute worse.
>>
>>35614654
>>35614655
*unless they're a bench specialist I know your 315 bench/255 squat's got you butthurt, my bad.
>>
>>35614619
Honestly. I'd say low to mid 20s if on gear. If natty mid to high 20's.
>>
File: 1452689227856.jpg (28 KB, 572x383) Image search: [Google]
1452689227856.jpg
28 KB, 572x383
>>35614674
is that a yes
>>
>>35614619
>What BF% does /plg/ think I am?

hard to tell with the shirt, lad.

but 30% sounds pretty damn high. your legs and arms look decently lean and it's HIGHLY unlikely you've got 38kg of blubber on your torso, I mean 38kg of fatty meat wouldn't even fit in a space the volume of your torso. and that isn't even pure fat

*source, I worked as butcher for several years and am guesstimating the volume of your trunk
>>
>advanced strength and conditioning professor sent email about first week of class
>quiz first day and we also have to bring in our current programming and/or last month of programming for ourselves
>professor is going to judge my self-made program

panic.jpg
>>
File: POWERLIFTING GENERAL 9.png (1 MB, 721x1077) Image search: [Google]
POWERLIFTING GENERAL 9.png
1 MB, 721x1077
>>35614643

my post also lacked a "please don't read" instruction, so you should go back and read it : ^ )

>>35614657
188cm. thats what I was thinking. figured i'd poke my head in and ask. the alternative (written in the diet) is to consider what i've been doing a hard day, which maybe my perception is skewed butt i really don't think they've been hard days. the most intensive thing i've done was hit a 405 front squat and cardio, and the hard days have an increase of like 800 kcals. I feel that might be too much for a 1000kcal deficit i'm trying to hit, so i thoguht maybe my BF% was off enough to put me at the akward stage that "moderate" and "hard" days don't cover.

>>35614663
end of 2012 i think?

I started with just doing 5x5 on everything.

>>35614671

kek. when you say it like that that makes a lot more sense. I'm just used to assuming i'm fat as fuck

>>35614686
>>35614712
hmm. there seems to be a consensus of closer to 25%

I'm really glad I asked this, i just assumed it was about 30% long ago and never thoguht about it again.
>>
>>35614709
Yes. I can squat almost 2 times as much as I bench. Or if it helps you understand better almost 4 times as much as you squat. Which is a ratio I like either way, so whatever.
>>
what mobility do you do, and how long does it take?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.