[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/routine general/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: klokov legs.jpg (169 KB, 413x690) Image search: [Google]
klokov legs.jpg
169 KB, 413x690
Previous thread >>35578232

>sexy legs edition

I'll be helping everyone as much as possible <3

>Recommended program for beginners: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program

>Recommended reads: Starting Strength 3rd Ed.; Practical Programming 3rd Ed.

>Basic rules-of-thumb:
4-6 reps for main barbell lifts
6-8 reps for ancillary barbell lifts
8-12 reps for assistance dumbbell/cable lifts

>Main barbell lifts
1-3 sets across for 100% rep-max and PR attempts
5 sets across at 80-90% rep-max for volume

>3 days per week:
full-body routines (AxBxAxx BxAxBxx or AxAxAxx)
>4 days per week:
Pull-push-legs + fullbody (PPLxFxx or LPPxFxx or FxPPLxx etc)
>5 days per week:
Pull-push-legs + upper-lower (PPLxULx or ULxPPLx etc)
>Routines with no deadlifts or Powerlifting programs:
upper-lower splits

Work every muscle group at least 2 times per week
Push = chest/front & lateral delts/triceps
Pull = back/biceps/rear delts
Legs = legs/posterior chain
>Just because an exercise involves pulling, doesn't mean it belongs on pull day. Divide it accordingly to the correct muscle group. For example, lateral raises belong on push day.

These are just basic rules-of-thumb!

Remember that you are supposed to have fun and enjoy doing your routine, so do the stuff that you enjoy doing!
>>
>>35608293

You look cute in those dresses. How tall are you? You have huge legs
>>
File: 1442194985096.jpg (83 KB, 403x548) Image search: [Google]
1442194985096.jpg
83 KB, 403x548
>>35608454

Aw, thanks <3
I'm short, 1.65m. My legs aren't really huge, those dresses just have short skirts so my legs look proportionally longer.
>>
Would you recommend the Texas method for someone who wants to gain mass quickly? Or stick with SS
>>
File: 1441728078009.png (93 KB, 367x341) Image search: [Google]
1441728078009.png
93 KB, 367x341
>>35608715

Texas Method is only really useful for an intermediate lifter - aka someone who can't progress with SS anymore.

It's better to stick with SS for as long as you can, just add more upperbody accessory work after a while to increase the volume and build more muscle. But this is only really useful once you've been lifting for 3+ months. For the first couple of months, all you need to have maximum hypertrophy is the main program and a good diet. http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program

And even then, you don't need many extra accessories added, just three or so per day to isolate specific muscle groups of the upperbody. The main compounds are still the best exercises to build muscle mass for a long time.
>>
>>35608278
Hi trappy!

What ab exercises aren't a waste of time?

Should I start laterals from in front of my benis or from my hips?

Which cable row attachment isn't a meme?

I have lousy knees. Squatting below parallel is painful. How can I make leg presses effective, or what other leg stuff can I do?

Thanks!
>>
>>35608786
I've been lifting for about a year, and I just got pulled out of my sport for the rest of season, so I wanna get as strong and big as possible before it starts again, I'll try what you said though thx Trappy
>>
Morning Trappy
Am I supposed to warm up for ramping sets aswell and if so, how?
love and thanks for your awesome work!
>>
>>35608843
Hanging leg raises and ab roll-out
>>
File: 1447072030822.jpg (142 KB, 796x606) Image search: [Google]
1447072030822.jpg
142 KB, 796x606
>>35608293
got one for you. :3
6 days a week and i know enough about recovery not to worry about it i just need rountine advice
150, 8 count body builders
5x10 deadlifts
dips 3x10 dips
pullups 3x10
6 laps timed with goal of getting 10mins total time
5 laps sprinting the long and walking the short
4 laps straight running not timed
5 laps timed running with timed laps each one with goal of under 2mins
total running is 20 laps and 5 miles the major goal is to make a cardio heavy routine that wont lose my gains oh that and for muh meme funcitonal body that is more on the cardio end. nice to see you triping since you offered good advice when you where using just anime pictures before.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-13-17-10-25.png (104 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-13-17-10-25.png
104 KB, 720x1280
AxBxAxx

Anything I should add or change? I'm starting to plateau on everything, and Squats and Deads are especially lagging despite my legs getting way too fucking big.

> Also how do you combat fridge mode?
>>
>>35609888
Try not taking sunday off.
>>
Hey trappy.
Today a friend went to the gym with me, I, as a powerlifter, tried to explain him the main movements, he did the squats and bench very well, but HE CAN'T do a fucking deadlift, I tried everything to explain him but nothing worked, so, I think PL won't be for him, and he told that he wasn't that interested to compete, he just want to be "shreded"
BUT he can only go 3 days a week to the gym (because of school and work), what routine would you recommend for 3 days a week that doesn't have deadlifts.
>>
Sup guys

I've been lifting for about two weeks now

When I first signed up a few months ago, my trainer gave me a routine, which I did for about three weeks. /fit/ told me it was pretty terrible. I was in and out of the gym since then, but I've just started back up again.

I took the routine he gave me, took some things out, and added stuff in. I do this six times a week, ABCABCx.

A: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
>Pull up
>Pec fly
>Chest press
>Bench
>OHP
>Dumbell shoulder press
>Tricep cable pulldown

B: Legs
>Squat
>Leg press
>Leg Curl
>Leg Extension
>Horizontal Calf
>Lunges

C: Biceps/Back
>Dumbell Row
>Upright Row
>Lat Pulldown
>Dumbell shrugs
>Barbell Curl
>Dumbell curl
>Reverse grip barbell curl

I'm trying to come up with an ab routine, and here's what I've been doing:
>Plank
>Leg Raises
>Russian Twist
>Hanging Leg Raises
>Weighted Sit Ups
>Reverse Crunch

How can I improve my routine?
>>
What are ab exercises that you can load besides planks m8s? Planks hurt my shoulders
>>
>>35610061
Pull ups belong with back
>>
>>35610085
Cable crunches are solid weighted ab exercises imo
>>
>>35610097
When you use a close grip you can use them as bicep exercise as well
>>
Trappy I want to dress like you, I already have my body looking incredibly feminine.

My only problem is that I have a huge dick. Any advice on how to make it look smaller?
>>
File: normal_shock.png (69 KB, 445x234) Image search: [Google]
normal_shock.png
69 KB, 445x234
>>35608278
Fuark how do I get them quad veins
>>
>>35610197
Got some pics for a brudda?
It's for "recreational" purposes
>>
>>35610195
Well either way, not chest triceps or shoulders
>>
Is this routine okay?

M: 45mins running, HIIT
T: 45 mins running, HIIT
W: 90 minutes chest, tris, delts + legs
T: 90 minutes bis, back + abs
F: 45 mins running, HIIT
S: rest
S: 60 minutes running, HIIT
>>
File: 1442194985211.png (802 KB, 1092x944) Image search: [Google]
1442194985211.png
802 KB, 1092x944
>>35608843
>>35610085

For the abs: Hanging Leg Raises, decline or cable crunches, dragonflags, landmine obliques twist, vacuum training, etc etc
You can add weight to most of these.

You can start lateral raises from wherever you like the most, really. If you feel an intense burn in your shoulders and get a pump, then it's working as intended. Some people will say you can target a certain part of the delts doing this or that, but the truth is, the movement is the same regardless (shoulder abduction) and will target the same parts that perform that movement just as much.
A cool thing you can do is do the first 8 reps normally, and then from the 9th to the 12th you actually wait around 10 seconds before the next rep. Holding the DBs as if you're doing a farmer's walk will make you feel a MASSIVE burn in your shoulders.
Make sure to progress in weights with the lateral raises. Some people stay with 10kg dumbbells forever, that's pretty pointless. You will notice your OHP gets much stronger and you lateral delts get visibly larger once you start raising 18kg DBs and up.

For the knees, you can squat at/above parallel. Rip does parallel in this vid, since he has fucked up knees https://vimeo.com/11913431
Rip also has a video on knee wraps for bad knees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FonRc8ANxY

Another option is do split squats. The vertical shin angle makes it much lighter on the knee.
Box squats are also good for bad knees.

Cable row attachment? I guess the bar that lets you use a supine grip and the thingy that's for hammer grip.

>>35608870

If you've been lifting for reals for about a year, then maybe SS won't work well for you since you might not have more linear progression gains to make. Then Texas Method might be better for you (it's a template program, so you make your own routine with it).
>>
good god damn those are some sexy thighs
>>
File: 1442194985089.jpg (123 KB, 403x542) Image search: [Google]
1442194985089.jpg
123 KB, 403x542
>>35608900

You can do a single set with just the bar, but it's not very necessary.
Ramping sets are warmups of their own.
The difference between ramping sets and warmups is that you're not supposed to exhaust yourself with warmups. Ramping sets, on the other hand, are working sets and will tire you.

Love you too bby <3 ty

>>35609888

What's your bodyweight and your lift numbers?
How long have you been lifting?
What lifts are you stalling on?

First thing you need to do is have a floor pull on A. Rows aren't useful since you're already working your back with chinups, so move the rolls to B and take the pulldowns out.
Add 3x5 Light Deadlifts at 80-90% to A. This will help deadlift progression.
Do 3x5 Light Squats at 80-90% on B.
Add lateral raises to both days (very important for the OHP).
Add cable crossovers as well.
Add 1kg to the upperbody movements instead of 2kg.

Make sure you're pressing and benching correctly.
I highly recommend you OHP like Rip teaches here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
Make sure your bench bar path is correct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKhI-O4HI8M
And retract your scapulae for the bench.

Make sure you're holding your breath during the entire rep. Only exhale and inhale in between the reps.

Eat better and rest more.
If you're missing reps on the second and third sets, that means you need to rest a bit more between the sets. This is not an issue with strength, but endurance. As long as you reach the target reps on the first set, you are progressing.
To increase endurance, do a bit of cardio when you can too.

>>35609989

The deadlift is very important to build full-body strength and to strengthen the spinal erectors and protect the lumbar spine.
The problem is likely to be that your friend doesn't know how to hyperextend his lumbar spine. Get the SS book through a torrent (or better yet, buy it kek) and ctrl+F "back position" and find the bold title, and read the small section.
>>
D1:
5x5 Bench / Press alt.
3x5 Back squat
3x10 Back extensions / 5x3 Power cleans alt.
5xF Chin-ups / 3x8 Triceps alt.

D2:
5x5 Press / Bench alt.
3x3 Front squat
1x5 Deadlift / 3x10 Back extensions alt.
3x8 Triceps / 5xF Chin-ups alt.

D3:
5x5 Bench / Press alt.
3x5 Back squat
3x10 Back extensions / 1x5 Deadlifts alt.
5xF Chin-ups / 3x8 Triceps alt.

Could I get away with doing
3x10 DB Bench / DB Press alt.
At the end of every session?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhl5K0mTSKY
>>
Is there something I can do to get a more feminine figure? You know, wider hips, narrow waist. Or give an impression of such. I know that I can't change my bone structure drastically, but if there's something that would be useful, I'd like to hear.

>inb4 twink
No I'm a grill and that's why asking. And no, not located in London.
>>
How do I increase my OHP and BP?
>OHP 60 kg x5
>BP 85 kg x5
>BW 90 kg
>cutting

My routine has been pretty much like this:
A
OHP 1x4-6, 1x6-8
Pull-ups 1x4-6, 1x6-8

B
BP 1x4-6, 1x6-8
Row 1x4-6, 1x6-8

I try to go every other day but I have time restrictions. Basically I feel like linear progress is over for me.
I sometimes vary my routine, but I'm stalling hard.
>>
>>35610318
Squats
Hamstring curls or RDL

Lifting to attract the opposite sex is a narcissistic and lonely path my friend.
>>
>>35610332
Well I got a boyfriend only and he doesn't complain, but I would like to add some curves to my body if possible.
>>
>>35610321
If your cutting and got to those numbers, you prob have some left in you
>>
File: butt routine 2.png (396 KB, 875x650) Image search: [Google]
butt routine 2.png
396 KB, 875x650
>>35610197

I NEVER leave home without tucking things neatly. That's pretty much what you need to learn to do.

>>35610318

Work your lowerbody and your butt. Here's a routine I've written for that, it might help.
Other than that, get to the optimal bodyfat range I guess.

Squats and deadlifts are NOT enough, don't fall for the meme kek.

>>35610321

Try the things I describe here >>35610311
If that still doesn't work, then time to do Texas Method (it's a template program, not a routine, so you're supposed to personalise it to your goals and objectives).

>>35610316

Looks good overall.
I recommend doing 3x5 for the bench and OHP, since that makes it easier to progress. Then you can add the DB bench to the OHP day, and the DB ohp to the bench day. That will increase the volume, work on your stabilizers, and help progression.
I also highly recommend lateral raises.

And remember you will eventually have to start adding 1kg to the bench and OHP instead of 2kg in order to keep progressing.

>>35610302

ikr ugghhhhh
Klokov is life
>>
File: 1437878187641.jpg (184 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1437878187641.jpg
184 KB, 960x720
>>35610357
Hey Trappy. I love you. You are doing god's work helping us out. Thank you so much

My questuon is that is this a good routine? Pic related

Also if I got 1x5, and 2x3 on a set of OHP, should I repeat the weight until I hit 3x5 or should I increase the weight ever so slightly and try again?
>>
File: 1443728852208.jpg (62 KB, 450x557) Image search: [Google]
1443728852208.jpg
62 KB, 450x557
>>35608943

Hi bby~
Do you need a full routine or just some tips?

Well, since you're doing sprinting, it's pretty important to work on your lowerbody power. Power Cleans or Power Snatches at 3x3 are great options.

You can do 6 days per week if you eat well and don't overdo the days. For strength development it's not ideal, but if your goal is just aesthetics then it's just fine.

Separate things into a PPLPPLx scheme. Remember the deadlifts belong on L.
Try to have around 12-15 sets of volume per day, no need for more than that.

Here's a LIST of good exercises (not a routine), so you can make your own PPL routine.

Push
Flat/Incline Bench Press (DB and barbell)
OHP (DB and barbell)
Closegrip Bench Press
T-bar Press
Dips
Lateral Raises
Cable Crossovers
Low Cable Flys
Skullcrushers
Rope Pulldowns
Triceps Kickbacks

Pull
Barbell Row
T-bar Row
Cable Row
Kneeling One-arm Row
Kroc Rows
Chinups (bodyweight or weighted)
Closegrip Pullups (same)
Lat Pulldowns (closegrip or chinup grip)
DB Supinating Curls
Incline Hammer Curls
Barbell Curls (go heavy and cheat a bit)
Rear Delts Flys
Facepulls

Legs
Back Squat
Front Squat
Power Clean/Power Snatch
Deadlift
Hip Thrusts
Pistol/Tuck/or Split Squats
Sitting/Standing Calf Raises
Abs exercises

>>35610061

If you just wanna look good, then it's fine.
If you wanna look good AND be strong, do http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program

As for the routine, the exercises are fine. Just remove leg extensions and upright rows because they are bad for knee and shoulder health. Add deadlifts to leg day, and do the bench and OHP as the first exercise on A.

>>35610234

If you wanna build muscle, then no. You need to work every muscle group 2-3 times per week.
>>
Hey guys, I've been lifting for 6 months so far and just changed my routine from 5/3/1 to Strongman 5x5. Before I was going 4 times and week and now I am about to start going 3 times, the only problem is I want to be in the gym more. Do you think it'll be ok if I hit the gym on my off days to do accessories and the step machine?
>>
File: 1442194985084.jpg (139 KB, 552x717) Image search: [Google]
1442194985084.jpg
139 KB, 552x717
>>35610383

Do the program described here http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program

Add Dips or Closegrip Bench at 6-8 reps (add weight when you reach 9 reps) to A
Add DB Supinating Curls and Cable Crossovers to A 8-12 reps
Add Lateral Raises to B 8-12 reps
If you don't wanna power clean for whatever reason (do your power cleans), then do Light Deadlifts 3x5 at 80-90% instead.

The first set is the one that matters for progression. You don't miss the second and third sets because of strength, you miss them because of endurance. Try to rest longer between the sets (4-5 min), drink plenty of water during the workout, get more rest and sleep during the day, and eat more kek.
Keep increasing the weights until you get stuck at 3 reps.
Remember the OHP and the Bench will require 1kg increments after a while to keep progressing.

>>35610463

It's better to get a 4-5 day split than to do a 3-day program and randomly do exercises on off-days, since that won't be optimal and might affect recovery if you don't do it correctly.
>>
>>35610463

If you describe your routine/program I can help split it into 4 days.
>>
>>35610492

Can you post the pics of you in dresses? :3

Thanks for all the help, you're the best poster in this board.
>>
>>35610455
>deadlifts on leg day

what?
>>
>>35610520
Look at pull day m8. Do you really think its a good idea to add deadlifts there?
>>
File: DSC06847.png (2 MB, 1418x1160) Image search: [Google]
DSC06847.png
2 MB, 1418x1160
>>35610506

Sure kek
That's my older brother and my bff (in the white dress)

Thanks bby, you're too sweet <3

>>35610520

The primary movers on the deadlift are the hip extensors (hamstrings and glutes for the most part). The back does a lot of work (mainly because of the very heavy weights) but not as much as the primary movers, and the back doesn't actually pull anything - it just stabilizes and holds the weight, and transfers the forces between the bar and the hips.

The quads also perform the initial knee extension.

The deadlift, and the so-called "floor pulls", are more of a hip hinge movement, not a "pull".
>>
File: pjymKYk.gif (2 MB, 459x250) Image search: [Google]
pjymKYk.gif
2 MB, 459x250
>>35610589
>>35610580
Unusual for a PPL... I see your point but we will have to agree to disagree.
>>
>>35610603

There's no disagreeing, deadlifts are a leg/butt exercise period. People add them to pull day because people are dumb as hell.
>>
>>35610609
Fuck doing deadlifts on the same day as Squats, that's all i can say. Maybe for a beginner
>>
>>35610609

But you...pull...the weight.
>>
>>35610589

You're so beautiful <3 I swear one day I'll go to Brazil and steal you for me.

>>35610624

No one doing a PPLPPLx should worry about strength anyways, since you will progress at the pace of a turtle.
>>
>>35610638

No you don't. You extend the hips and the weight moves upwards with the hip movement. It's a hip hinge with an initial quad push. You pull weights with rows and pullups.
>>
>>35610641
Why wouldn't they worry about strength?
you're saying if you're doing a PPL you should be DLing lightweight sets because you're "not worried about strength?"

yet exhausted from squats? which was my point?

nigga...
>>
File: dick sucking strech.jpg (121 KB, 1000x720) Image search: [Google]
dick sucking strech.jpg
121 KB, 1000x720
>>35610589
trappy, since QTDDTOT is a shit, let me de-rail your thread with my faggotry

>>35610488

also: what is it called when you do a romanian deadlift, but put the bar all the way on the ground?
is that even a thing?

pic related gave me insane mobility, and i can maintain extension (lats contracted and everything) even as i lower an empty bar all the way to my ankiles
>>
>>35610357
What is better on a dude trappy, thighs, abdominals or arms?
>>
Healthy men should possess all of those body parts, anon.

What kind of /fit/ dude has no legs, arm or torso?
>>
File: daniel-ennett.jpg (74 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
daniel-ennett.jpg
74 KB, 620x349
>>35610927
>>
>>35608278
>tfw started ABCxDEFx
>4th week in, A workout, was pretty sure was monday today
how to fuck up life: 8 days routine based + work at night
>>
File: 1451614191363.jpg (50 KB, 349x588) Image search: [Google]
1451614191363.jpg
50 KB, 349x588
http://www.leehayward.com/workout_programs/

after a few good months on starting strength is this most optimal program for zyzzthetics. what are some pros and cons of it since I don't know how to really criticize it.
>>
>>35610492
>>35610495

Hey, my post is >>35610463

I am now doing AxBxAxx, BxAxBxx

A
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Barbell Row 5x5

B
Squat 5x5
OHP 5x5
Deadlift 1x5

It's pretty much this

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout
>>
I have autism and can't go to the gym. Hows this routine
mon/wed/fri
5x5 dips/pushups
5x5 chinups/pullups
5x5 rows
5x5 squats
>>
>>35611151
I think if you want a 4 day routine you should do upper/lower or P/P/L/Fullbody, like the OP tells you to do.
>>
File: cryeverytime.png (79 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cryeverytime.png
79 KB, 1920x1080
brehs I did a month of stronglifts in november after a cute anime girl explained to me that I should just get on SS so I did.

If I stop half-assing SS will I get my progress back? I haven't been eating enough but I've been slowly working up to it, only need to adjust to 600 cal more which I can manage soon. I also haven't been doing cleans...at all. I've attempted to but I've had difficulty with the racking position, am I supposed to stick out my chest? I think I'm just going to shell out the $60 for a PT to teach me even though money is tight cause I really need to learn how to clean.

Anyway, how long should I stay on SS? How much does my progress need to slow? Should I start adding accessories now to strengthen my BP and OHP since they feel super weak? How many accessories can I add to the end of my workout? One night I tried tacking on 3 and my workout took fucking forever.

also my weight is probably inaccurate in the image since I don't weigh myself that often so that was my weight 2 weeks ago
>>
>>35611179
You are not running ICF5x5, you are doing SL5x5. It's a solid 3 day a week full body program. If you decide to do all the extra bodybuilding work in ICF, you might want to do the "cutting" (3x5) version first as it has a ton more volume than most other novice programs.
>>
>>35611287
Trust me if you are autistic then the gym is where you want to be. It's a haven for autistic fellas like ourselves. Besides it's impossible to look more stupid than 90% of the folks working out in your average commercial gym.
>>
File: gslp-phrakture-program.jpg (39 KB, 547x465) Image search: [Google]
gslp-phrakture-program.jpg
39 KB, 547x465
one of my m8s is starting lifting and asked about a program? Do you think pic related might be a better option than SS?
>>
>>35610357
Thanks for advice.
My OHP form is pretty good and I know the basics of BP, although I know I have lots of room for improvement.
Is Texas method doable on a cut, though?
>>
>>35611287
It's alright but you want to be matching push and pull exercises. Find some progressions online so you can keep challenging yourself with harder exercise variations.

example routine (fullbody)
Squats
Pushups/Dips (alternating)
Rows
Handstand push ups (look up a progression)
Chinups
Abs/core

As another anon said going to the gym is probably better in the long run.
>>
>>35611307

The MOST important thing for progression is to eat and sleep. Without doing those two things well, your workouts will suffer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83nEQAO_U9k

Besides that, there are also a few other things you can do to help progress on the upperbody lifts:
- Do them first before the squats
- Add 1kg instead of 2kg when you find it necessary (it's gonna be impossible to keep adding 2kg for very long, one of the reasons why SL is so bad)
- Make sure your form is on point.

For the OHP, do it like Rip teaches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI

For the bench, make sure your bar path is perfected: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKhI-O4HI8M
And make sure your form is good as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYKScL2sgCs

You should stick with SS for around 6+ months. Plug your numbers on symmetricstrength.com - most people switch from SS when they reach an overall score of around 70-75

For the power clean racking position, you have to work on it separately.
First thing to do is stretches. Stretch your triceps and do this wrist work here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig8eZXfJiaY

Now put the bar on the squat rack, put a bit of weight on it if necessary,and keep trying to find a good racking position for you.
You want a few things:
Raise the elbows, so that your front delts contract and the bar is able to rest on them.
The weight of the bar is not in the hands.
You can hold the bar with just the fingertips, since it's the shoulders who are supposed to actually hold the bar - the hands are just there to keep it in place.
The bar is supposed to be in line with the clavicles, straight above it. However, it's not supposed to touch it - if you raise your elbows correctly, your front delts will contract and raise the bar from your clavicle.

You will get used to it.

Watch this vid with Rip teaching how to power clean (skip the first 7 minutes since it's just unrelated banter) https://youtu.be/wIB_X2N6020?t=7m7s

I hope this helps <3
>>
File: 082910_2054_theamerican4.jpg (15 KB, 392x294) Image search: [Google]
082910_2054_theamerican4.jpg
15 KB, 392x294
What do you think of this routine for building strength?

Basically I have a full body workout day which is like this:

A:

Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

And then I have other days which are as follows:

B:

OHP 3x5
Squat 3x5
Pendlay Row 3x5

C:

Pendlay Row 3x5
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

D:

Bench 3x5
OHP 3x5
Pendlay Row 3x5

The routine goes like this with x being rest days:

AxBxAxCxAxDx

and then repeats itself, allowing me to practise the three powerlifting exercises equally whilst still giving myself a break and getting OHP and rows done. If I feel tired I'll take two rest days every so often. Did I do good, am I in proportion or am I skipping legs too much? I'm going to do the AMRAP last set thing from Greyskull LP whenever I deload too, although I know you're not a fan of deloading in general. I was previously doing SL3x5 but it was neglecting my chest too much in favour of lats.
>>
monday
bench 5x5
ohp 2x8
dips 4x8
abs
rubberband rotator exercises

tuesday
seal row 4x6
pullups 3x12
bb curls 2sets
traps
hack squats 3x8
hamstring curls 3x8
calves 3x15

thursday
paused bench 5x3
arnold press 3x8
skullcrushers 3x8-10
rear delts 2x15
lateral raise 2x10+
abs 2

saturday
weighted pullups 8x3 or 6x4 or 4x6
somekinda horizontal row 3sets
biceps 3sets
traps 3sets
leg press 5 sets
hamstring curls 3sets
calves 2x15

lower back is kill, cant dl or squat atm
>>
>>35611369

No.
GSLP is only useful after you've been doing at least one month of SS. If you start with it, your deadlift is gonna be weak for a looooong time since you are only deadlifting once per week (you deadlift thrice per week on SS)
http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program

Also, GSLP is shit when it comes to deloading. You should not follow its instructions on when to deload. Do what Rip teaches, even if you're doing GSLP.

Also, at the beginning, you should add way more weight to the bar than what that image tells you to. Read this picture related so that you get an idea of how progression works.

>>35610909

Chest shoulder traps and thighs (and butt <3). I don't care much about arms or abs. I mean, they are cool, but not the hottest.

>>35610679

90% of the routines have deadlifts and squats on the same day.
PPLPPLx progression is horrible, so while you should still try to progress, it's gonna be really slow and is not the main point of the routine.

If you wanna get strong besides look good, PPLPPLx is not the way to go.

>>35611151

Took a quick look at it, I don't think it's good. Too many useless stuff, some bad stuff (upright row)

Bodybuilding routines should only be your concern if you are on roids.
For a natty lifter, the best way to grow muscle is to focus on the main lifts with a few accessories for the upperbody.

In my opinion, the best program to build mass and get strong at the same time for intermediate lifters is the Texas Method
Here's an early-intermediate-level 4-day split
ABCxDxx
# = 3x8-12

A
Bench 3x5 +1kg
OHP 5x5 90%
Lateral Raise #
Skullcrusher #
Cable Crossover #

B
Weighted Chinup 3x5 +1kg
Barbell Row 5x5 at 80-90%
DB Supinating Curl #
Hammer Curl #
Facepulls #

C
Squat 3x5 +2kg
Power Clean 5x3 ramping (50-62.5-75-87.5-100%+1kg) OR Deadlift 3x5 at 80%
Hip Thrust 3x6-8 (add weight when you reach 9 reps)
Hanging Leg Raise #

D
OHP 1x5 +1kg
Deadlift 1x5 +2kg
Barbell Row 1x5 +1kg
Squat 3x5 at 80-90%
Bench 3x5 at 80-90%
>>
What type of routine should I go on if I want to get abs and huge muscles? I'm 190 lb (alot of it is fat) and 6'0. I already have a rough sketch of my diet plan.
>>
>>35611706
What a dumb fucking question
>>
>>35611738
Please help I want big muscles
>>
>>35611741
Read the sticky moron it's there for a reason
>>
File: 1442194985182.jpg (119 KB, 850x531) Image search: [Google]
1442194985182.jpg
119 KB, 850x531
>>35610783

Yes. Your Deadlift is supposed to be 1000% stronger than your RDL/SLDL.
RDL/SLDL are only useful as lighter versions of the DL to be used once per week, to help progress on the DL while still allowing for recovery.

You are not supposed to only do them. DL is a much more important and complete exercise, and will grow a lot more muscle and make you infinitely stronger.

The RDL is a DL that doesn't lower to the ground. So if you lower it to the ground, it's a DL - as long as you don't bounce it off the ground (the DL starts from a dead stop). If you bounce it off the ground it's a touch-and-go DL, which is a variation but shouldn't be used as the main movement.

>>35610641

Aw <3 thanks bby

>>35611179

Do this instead http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program
It's much better.
And stick to training 3 days per week. If you wanna do extra stuff, you can do cardio and work on your abs on the off-days.

>>35611398

Depends on the cut, but TM is a very intense program with lots of volume, even if you don't do any accessory work.

However, you should be able to do it if you half the amount of weight you increase on the intensity day - and if you're not cutting too heavily.

>>35611582

Here's my suggestion:

A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5 / OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

B
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5 / Bench 3x5
Barbell Row 3x5 or Chinups 3xf (or weighted 3x5)
Light Deadlift 3x5 80-90%

C
Bench 3x5 / OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Barbell Row 3x5 or Chinups 3xf (or weighted 3x5)
OHP 3x5 80-90% / Bench 3x5 80-90%

You can do AMRAP sets, just don't deload when you fail the last set. You don't fail the second and third set because of strength, you fail because of endurance - and what matters for the progression is the strength. So only deload if you have been failing the first set consistently for a week or two.
To improve the second and final set, try to rest a bit more between the sets (4-5min). Remember to eat well and rest/sleep as much as possible.
>>
>>35610641
>No one doing a PPLPPLx should worry about strength anyways, since you will progress at the pace of a turtle.

>>35611662
>PPLPPLx progression is horrible, so while you should still try to progress, it's gonna be really slow and is not the main point of the routine.

PPL is just a way to split up the excercises, it's not a singular program. This is like saying that upper/lower progress is slow because you can do 5/3/1 as an upper/lower.

>>35611582
Doing AxCxA you will deadlift 3 times in 5 days. Doing SS style progression probably won't work unless you're really new.
>>
File: a suggestion for (you).jpg (20 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
a suggestion for (you).jpg
20 KB, 460x276
>>35611706
Read the fucking sticky you goddamn retard
>>
File: 1442194985108.jpg (80 KB, 558x576) Image search: [Google]
1442194985108.jpg
80 KB, 558x576
>>35611706

>>35611769

The thing is that most PPLPPLx have too much volume per workout and not enough rest, and without rest = without strength progression.

PPLPPLx programs are pretty much 100% bodybuilding programs, anyone expecting to get strong on them are wasting their time and should switch to PPLxULx or PPLxFullbodyxx
>>
>>35611762
>Here's my suggestion:
Sorry I'm a little confused, would this be following AxBxCx and so on or AxBxAxCx? And when you say 'Bench 3x5 / OHP 3x5' am I right in assuming that means alternating? Thanks for taking a look anyway!
>>35611769
>Doing AxCxA you will deadlift 3 times in 5 days.
Would that be such a bad thing if I'm only doing 5 reps?
>>
A = Bench Press / Bent Over Row / Pull Ups
B = Squat / Overhead Press / Chin Ups

ABXABXX

I also Deadlift x 2 per week - week 1 = Mon/Thurs . Week 2 = Tues/Fri

Will I ever make it?
>>
File: 1442194985202.jpg (60 KB, 266x550) Image search: [Google]
1442194985202.jpg
60 KB, 266x550
>>35611811

AxBxC
And yeah, alternating~

>>35611813

squat moar
and switch the pullups for bench again on A.
>>
>>35611762
>You can do AMRAP sets, just don't deload when you fail the last set. You don't fail the second and third set because of strength, you fail because of endurance - and what matters for the progression is the strength. So only deload if you have been failing the first set consistently for a week or two.

This is horrible advice. What matters for progression is what you do in training and eeking out a few kgs more progression to the cost of missed reps and less work being done in a workout is extremely short-sighted. Provided the guy rests enough between sets he should either try the weight again next workout or deload when he misses reps.

"Getting stuck means missing any of the reps of the prescribed work sets, since the weight cannot be increased until all of the reps have been done as prescribed. It is easier to not get stuck than it is to get unstuck."
^^From the fat guy himself.

>>35611811
>Would that be such a bad thing if I'm only doing 5 reps?
The frequency or volume isn't a problem, it's rather that doing deadlifts that often requires some thought in programming. Constantly increasing weights and doing near maximal effort sets that often in the deadlift isn't sustainable after you're past the initial beginner stage.
>>
Hi trappy I'm trying to follow your accessories tips to improve my upper body lifts, but what should I do if my chinups are horrible? I can barely do a single one, and can only just squeeze a set of 5 with 20kg assist. I'm 75kg/6ft.
>>
>>35611835
Ah I see, is doing OHP as often as I bench alright then? When I looked up reviews of SL that seemed to be one of the criticisms.
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (276 KB, 970x339) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
276 KB, 970x339
>>35611897

You are leaving out the most important part of the quote.

No one misses the second and third sets reps consistently if they are eating enough, sleeping enough, resting enough between the sets and drinking enough water through the workout.
That's why I say to not deload when missing reps on those sets - because often the problem is NOT the weight or strength, but the things mentioned above.

Also, notice how Rip gives the same advise and doesn't tell you to deload if you fail reps on the final sets.
>>
>>35611913
Also rowing as often as I squat seems a little excessive, Pendlay rows are already my best lift
>>
File: 1442194985083.jpg (169 KB, 406x522) Image search: [Google]
1442194985083.jpg
169 KB, 406x522
>>35611910

Lat pulldowns with a chinup grip are completely fine and will build you enough strength to be able to do bodyweight chinups.

>>35611913
>>35612006

Yes, it's completely fine. I don't think I've ever criticised the frequency of ohp/bench on SL since it's the same in SS and I recommend SS more than think about sucking cocks during the day.

kek

You can tailor the routine I posted to how you think works best for you, of course.
Removing the rows on C would actually be a good idea, and maybe even increasing the 80-90% work to 5x5 for extra volume.
>>
>>35611573

Hey trappy, I saw you post that image a while ago and now my PCleans are sweet, so you're alright in my book.

What's your thoughts on Highbar squats on SS? I did lowbar and had to swap for medical reasons.
>>
>>35610589
Is your bff also trappish?
>>
File: MlExzUU.gif (490 KB, 250x273) Image search: [Google]
MlExzUU.gif
490 KB, 250x273
>>35612021

Aw, I'm happy to have helped~
Highbar squats are completely fine (don't tell rip I said this)

>>35612049

nah she's a normal gurl
>>
File: 1452025096222.png (35 KB, 315x320) Image search: [Google]
1452025096222.png
35 KB, 315x320
>>35612019

>and I recommend SS more than think about sucking cocks during the day.
>>
>>35612005
Wait are you telling him to not deload or to increase weight even if he misses reps, I'm getting confused
>>
>>35612019
Post physique pls
>>
>>35612019
>Lat pulldowns

Sweet should I go 3x5 for the lat pulldown?

And do I keep the lateral raises on bench day and closegrip bench for the other workout (A with press) or just eliminate one of these accessories and focus entirely on the main lifts.

Pic is me lmao absolutely piss weak upper lifts but lower lifts progressing very very nicely :)
>>
>>35612105
http://imgur.com/a/SKR7F
>>
>>35612106
I know that Trappy recommends pulldowns w/ chin-up grip, but I would personally recommend chin-up negatives if you can't do 10 chin-ups; as in, do AMRAP w/ chin-ups, then fill the 10 - AMRAP w/ negatives. Getting the motion down for a chin-up helped me a ton more than being able to do 110lb @ 4x8 on the pulldown machine.
>>
A lat pulldown will not give you strength to do a pull up.

Why is this person giving advice?
>>
>>35612190
there is no 1:1 carryover, but it's big enough to do it if you can't do a single pullup.
>>
>>35608293
Welcome back :)
If possible could you come up with a beginner PPL routine for 5 days straight with 2 days rest in a row? Thanks In advance!!!
>>
>>35612190

>working your lats will not make you stronger for a lats exercise with the same range of motion

Stop posting.
>>
>>35608293
>I'm back~

fuck...
>>
>>35612214
Doing the machine will make YOU good at the MACHINE. Just hanging from the bar is more useful.
>>
>>35612229
you are stupid, get out
>>
>>35612019
ALRIGHT I've taken your suggestion into consideration but based on how I'm lagging behind on bench and am overpowered on rows I've made another, how does this look?

A:

3x5 Squat
3x5 Row/OHP
1x5 Deadlift

B:

3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench
3x5 Row/OHP

C:

3x5 Row/OHP
3x5 Bench
3x5 Deadlift

AxBxCx etc

Ensures I'm doing all the compound exercises with a break from each of them at least once a week! For functional strength purposes this would good right?
>>
>>35612229

>making your lats stronger will not make your lats strong to do the same thing with a bar simply because you are using a cable machine
>>
>>35612235
>3x5 Deadlift
should be 1x5
>>
>>35612235
why not simply alternate squats with deads (and increase the dead volume slightly, 1x5 is pretty shit), bench on A and C (always 2 per week but more rest between sessions) and alternate rows with ohp like you do now (always placing ohp after bench when they end up on the same day) ?
>>
>>35612261
Wouldn't that be underworking my legs? Call me a T Rex but I don't really want to be squatting less often than I bench
>>
>>35610624
Candito always does deadlifts after squats.
>>
Any advice?

A
> Squat 3x5
> Deadlift 3x5
> Front Squat 3x5
> Leg Press 3x12

B
> Bench 3x5
> BB Row 3x5
> OHP 3x5
> Lat Pull 3x12
> Tri extension 3x12
> BB Curl 3x12
>>
>>35612328
> Front Squat 3x5

Should be

> Front Squat 3x12
>>
>>35612324
>>35610624

Everyone does squats after deadlifts, really.
>>
>>35612350

I mean deadlifts after squats.
>>
>>35612328
Your quad vs posterior volume will result in some imbalance. Personally I'd throw away all the leg 'accessories', throw all the arm work into that day and do the B day first. Also, cycle intensity/volume throughout the week for each lift(heavy 3x5 once, lighter 5x8 once).
>>
>>35610197
Seek help from a psychiatrist.
>>
Instead of doing Deadlifts could one use machines to work the muscles used in Deadlifts individually, and still get the same results? By results I'm talking just visual and aesthetics. Examples of machines: hamstring, lower back extensions and gluten machine maybe
>>
>>35612390
>By results I'm talking just visual and aesthetics

Yes, pretty much
>>
>>35612390
maybe

but why? Do you have some sort of injury that prevents you from deadlifting?
>>
>>35612416
Sweet alright thanks
>>
>>35612235
assuming from the lack of angry responses that this routine is pretty decent, I'm going out to the gym shortly so I guess I'll start it now
>>
>>35612421
No no injury just preference really. I may do proper Deadlifts at a later point. Do you think the results would be hugely different if at all between real Deadlifts vs machines? What did u mean by maybe
>>
>>35612473
Machines will probably give the same results. I think the visual results would probably be pretty similar but the strength results higher with the deadlift. I think the main difference would be the deadlift is 1 lift and not 3 machines so would be quicker.
>>
>>35612538
My thoughts exactly I agree, thanks for the input
>>
>>35608293
How do i become a weeabo femboy like yourself? Is adding ~~~at the end of every sentence enough? Do i also need to avatarfag with anime grills? Please reply asap im dying for this
>>
I want to get into sprinting, specifically 100m and 200m race events. I've been reading T-nation and all the athletic advice they give is to focus more on the posterior chain so stuff like GHR and hip trusts, power cleans etc
I want to design a program to get some sport-specific training in. problem is, I have no experience designing programs at all. I basically followed SS that they put in the Wiki
can anyone help me?
>>
hello frendo's

I've done SS for about 6 months now, and linear progression has stopped. These are my stats:

weight 65 kg (143 lbs)
length 173 cm (5 feet 8)

DL: 100 kg (220 lbs)
squat: 85 kg (187 lbs)
bench 55 kg (121 lbs)
OHP 32 kg (70 lbs)
(all for reps)

Im now looking for a new routine, but now I want to get big muscles fast. What can you recommend me? I can go about 5 times a week to the gym.
>>
>>35611307
where'd you get this graph from? pretty neat

trappy, what do you think of kneeling squats for the purpose of building glutes?
>>
>>35612852
>those stats
>6 months of SS

Fucking liar. We all know SS might not work well for everyone when it comes to upper body strength, but it sure as hell works for your squats.

> I want to get big muscles fast.

Then start injecting.
>>
>>35612060
Trappy I need you ;_;

I'm desperatly trying to setup a good program to continue increasing weights and putting on some meat. Here's the plot twist: I'm on 600 mg test per week.

I tried your PPLxULx. But I feel like I should be working every body parts 3 times a week, especially considering I'm enhanced. Here are my stats:

Lifting for some years, on and off, sometimes not seriously

170 pounds, 9.5% bf, 5'7

LB squats: 300x5
OHP: 165x5
DL: 395x5
Binch: 230x5

thank you
>>
>>35612881
fuck u nigga i came out of auswitsch, when i started i could barely squat the bar
>>
>>35612911
6 months x 4 weeks x 3 squat workouts per week = 72 increments

72 increments x 2.5kg = 180kg

Even assuming you deloaded a few times, you should still be squatting over 100kg, even doing terribly bad on it.
>>
File: 1430055618384.jpg (597 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1430055618384.jpg
597 KB, 1920x1080
I've been tasked with putting together a 3 day routine for a woman in her late 50's. She has some bad arthritis in her knees and is slightly overweight.

Can you guys help me out at all?
>>
>>35612906
>those stats
>on gear
>looking for the 'one special routine'

You are retarded m8. You do realize that juicers can get away with training less frequently and still make better gains than natties, right?
>>
>>35612973
I do realize it, but I overthink everything bro ;_;

Also, i've been lifting for 4 months after at least 2 years off (still did sports meanwhile). Yeah, started juicing when I started lifting again. Oneitis story. I regret it, please don't twist the knife in :(
>>
>>35613001
Why don't you just stick to something for a few months and see where it gets you then? I mean, 600mg is not much, but you are still lightyears ahead of any natty. Use this to your advantage and stop looking for excuses not to make progress.
>>
>>35613021
I guess you're right. thanks for the tough love, appreciate it
>>
>>35613061
Welcome. I tended to limit myself by overthinking a lot, so excuse my strong reaction.
>>
>>35612939
why are you assuming i could add 2.5 kg each time
>>
File: Workout routine.png (11 KB, 404x241) Image search: [Google]
Workout routine.png
11 KB, 404x241
I started lifting 3 weeks ago and this is my routine. Any tips? Anything I should change or add?
>>
>>35613172
too much bullshit, but good in general. Throw in some chins.
>>
File: 1442194985181.jpg (92 KB, 389x614) Image search: [Google]
1442194985181.jpg
92 KB, 389x614
>>35612207

5 days straight might be too much, but let me try something here:

A upper
Bench 3x5
Barbell Row 3x5
Lateral Raises 3x8-12
DB Supinating Curls 3x8-12

B lower
Squat 3x5
Light Deadlift 3x5 80-90%

C upper
OHP 3x5
Chinups 3xF or Weighted 3x5
Cable Crossovers 3x8-12
Skullcrushers 3x8-12

D lower
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

E light day
Cable Crossovers 3x8-12
Cable Rows 3x8-12
Barbell Curls 3x6-8 (go heavy and cheat a bit)
Incline Hammer Curls 3x8-12
Lateral Raises 3x8-12
Skullcrushers 3x8-12

This might work well, since the light day allows for extra recovery. I kept the lower days at very low volume because as a beginner, all you need for lowerbody is the main compounds, and having low volume there also helps recovery from the upper days.

>>35612235

You need higher OHP frequency.
Here's another suggestion, see if you like it:

A
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

B
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Row 3x5

C
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
OHP 5x5 at 90%

The row frequency is low, but your back gets plenty of work from all the heavy deadlifts.
In case you want higher rowing frequency and have the time, you can try adding 1-3x5 Rows to C. But I do recommend keeping the 5x5 OHP since it helps progressing on what is a hard lift to progress.
>>
File: routine9.jpg (197 KB, 851x609) Image search: [Google]
routine9.jpg
197 KB, 851x609
After lifting for years and plateauing on everything and finishing all my newb gains, this is the routine I believe is currently best for me. I've actually started to make strength and muscle gains for the first time in a lot of months
>>
File: 1442194985090.jpg (136 KB, 503x838) Image search: [Google]
1442194985090.jpg
136 KB, 503x838
>>35612906

>But I feel like I should be working every body parts 3 times a week, especially considering I'm enhanced

Actually, it's the opposite. When you're on gear, your muscles can keep growing for up to a whole week - while for natties the cycle only lasts about 48 hours.
That's why brosplits are popular among enhanced lifters.

So don't worry too much, like the other guy said :P

>>35612879

Didn't actually know the exercise, looks pretty cool, though the range of motion seems a bit short. I'll try myself and see how it goes.

>>35612328

ABxABxx? Looks perfectly fine if so.
If AxBxAxx, then it's not enough and you should stick to fullbody or at least upper-lower-fullbody.
It might be hard to progress on both the OHP and the bench on every workout, so here's something you can try in case you feel that's the case for you:

B1
Bench 3x5 PR
OHP 5x5 at 90%

B2
Bench 1x5 PR
OHP 1x5 PR
or
OHP 1x5 PR
Bench 3x5 PR
or
OHP 3x5 PR
Bench 5x5 at 90%

>>35612834

How many days per week?

>>35612852

Linear progression hasn't stopped, you are just not eating enough.
As soon as you start eating well, your numbers will shoot up and you will build a lot more muscle mass.
Changing routines won't give you different results if you don't change your diet.

>>35612951

Highly recommend you check the Practical Programming book, it has a chapter on older trainees at the end of the book.

>>35613207

Hey if it works for you, then it's great :)
>>
>>35613296
Thanks but I don't take advice from mentally ill weebs. The only time I ever want to see you open your faggot mouth is to suck my cock
>>
>>35613296
OK, so what should I be lifting before I can conclude linear progression has stopped, when i continue SS? Ill try eating more
>>
I recently switched from ICF 5x5 to GSLP and I love it, but I kinda miss squatting every workout.. can I still squat every workout on GSLP too?
>>
>>35608278
Can you do a routine for wrestling? I'm 5'10" 160~165, so I have to stay the same weight for a weightclass. Also, can you make it more back (traps) and leg oriented? S:235 D:305: OHP:100 Pull-ups:40lbs added. All of these are for 5 reps.
>>
Trappy, not a routine question but since you are the only person i take serious here, i wanted to ask you.
How would you handle Creatine?
>>
>>35613193
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.
>>
>>35613193
>Here's another suggestion, see if you like it:
That looks just about perfect, thanks so much for your services to the board! Would it matter if I did bench before squat on the B day and deadlifted after OHP on C? I can't imagine arm exercises affecting my legs later on but squatting heavy can feel detrimental to my later performance sometimes. Either way not a big deal though, I'm very happy with my new routine. How do you know so much about routines if you don't mind me asking?
>>
File: le hmmm face.jpg (6 KB, 180x147) Image search: [Google]
le hmmm face.jpg
6 KB, 180x147
>>35613387
Is Trappy into abuse? This pleases my dick.
>>
>>35608496
Pic got deleted plz repost
>>
File: 1450109344077.jpg (190 KB, 1128x640) Image search: [Google]
1450109344077.jpg
190 KB, 1128x640
Would I need to have more of a focus on the main compounds than ancillary lifts to achieve pic related?
Also, what advantages / disadvantages does PPL have over a regular routine.
>>
How is this for someone who is moving on from 5x5

Abxabxx
A - upper
Db bench 3x12
Cable row 3x12
Db shoulder press 3x12
Lat pull-down 3x12
Triceps 2x15
Biceps 2x15

B - lower
Squats 3x8
Calf extensions 3xfailure
Dead lift 1x5
Seated leg curls 3x10
Weighted lunges 2x10(each leg)

I'm trying to hit everything twice a week and go up weight once the max reps are reached
>>
>>35615512

They're here >>35610589
>>
rate mine please.

day A - upper:
bench press 5x6 @ 90%
OHP 5x6 @ 90%
barbell rows 5x6 @ 90%
accesories: pullups , chin ups , bicep curl , 3x8-10

day B - upper alt:
barbell rows 5x6 @90%
bench press 5x6 @ 90%
OHP 5x6 @ 90%
accesories: dips , tris with dumbbells 3x8-10
dragon flags , and whatever i please for ab workout

day C - leg day
squat 5x6 @90%
deadlift 3x6 @90%
leg press 2x8 - hamstrings 2x8 @90%
calves 4x10

ABxCABx
>>
Can someone explain to me how a crossdresser who doesn't lift has become a figure of authority and wisdom in these threads
>>
>>35613296
Idk how to say this without coming off creepy, but I want to have sex with you.
>>
>>35615622
autistic beta males who are going to die virgins are afraid to be mean to him because in their twisted beta minds they think it somehow might result in sex, or something even more valuable, someone being nice to them for once.
>>
>>35615622

She lifts, and works as a strength coach.
>>
>>35615622

>be knowledgeable
>use knowledge to give good advice
>become recognized for constantly giving good advice
>?????
>people now listen to your advice
>>
>>35610589
wait, I remember you, before your tripcode, you posted a thread here asking for help right?

And it soon derailed into people just wanting more pics of you right?

Right?
>>
>>35615756

You're describing 99% of the women/traps/twinks who have ever posted on /fit/
>>
http://forum.reactivetrainingsystems.com/content.php?126-Generalized-Intermediate-Program

What do y'all think of this?

Currently around 385/260/450 for the big three around 200lb. Looking to cut tho...
>>
File: pVfR5S3[1].png (2 MB, 1296x972) Image search: [Google]
pVfR5S3[1].png
2 MB, 1296x972
>>35615706
>>35615735
this is the man you are taking lifting advice from. all because you are virgins who want to have sex with him. at least stop being in denial about your situation
>>
>>35615775

Correlation =/= Causation
>>
>>35615800
was that statement supposed to prove you aren't a virgin whose desire it is to have sex with a man in a dress. because i don't think it had the effect you were looking for
>>
>>35615770
yeah, he was also redhead and used glasses

kinda ugly desu
>>
>>35615816

Trappy has brown hair.
>>
File: 1447191073857.jpg (38 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
1447191073857.jpg
38 KB, 500x330
>>35615815

Mate, you're on 4chan.
>>
File: 1451656912908.jpg (42 KB, 740x739) Image search: [Google]
1451656912908.jpg
42 KB, 740x739
A:

Bench press 5x5/1x5
Pendlay row 3x5
Lateral raise 3x8
Laying tricep extension 3x10
Barbell curl 3x10

B:

Front squat 5x3
Stiff-legged deadlift 3x8
Dumbbell calf raise 3xF
Abs 3xF

C:

Overhead press 5x5/1x5
Weighted chin-up 3x8
Weighted chest dip 3x10

D:

High-bar squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Barbell calf raise 3xF
Abs 3xF

ABxCDxx

What do I do for my traps?
>>
>>35615952

>What do I do for my traps?

Cleans/Power Cleans
>>
>>35615773
Watch powerliftingtowin's youtube video reviewing that. It's meant for a specific type of lifter.
>>
>>35615979
It says is for an intermediate with sticking points at the bottom... M
>>
>>35616049
It looks fine to me. I've considered doing it because I like higher frequency.
>>
>>35615977

Fuck that.
>>
>>35616049
I like the layout, but I'm not good with auto regulation. I like % based programs much better.
>>
>>35610589
Holy fuck..are you trappy the person who answered my SS questions? Are you TRAP?

Do you even lift, sis?
o

y
o
u

e
v
e
n

l
i
f
t

s
i
s?
>>
>>35615622
Because noone else even bothers trying to be helpful.
Everything Trappy says can be found somewhere else in the Internet, Trappy just puts it all together and helps Anons to indivualize their training routines.
>>
>>35612879
I took a screencap from the starting strength app. Since you record all your workouts on it the app also has a progress graph
>>
File: 1442194985118.jpg (59 KB, 417x492) Image search: [Google]
1442194985118.jpg
59 KB, 417x492
>>35614041

Put your numbers on symmetricstrength.com
Linear progression usually stops at around 68-72 overall score, but this obviously depends on the person.

Reach your ideal weight first, think about switching routines later. You are stalling because you're not eating, not because of the program. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83nEQAO_U9k

>>35614249

So... you wanna do SS?

>>35614612

That's completely fine. Actually, most people enjoy doing upperbody first.
I'm happy that it was helpful <3
I work as a coach in my gym so helping you guys here is pretty much extra practise.

>>35614642
>>35613387

>tfw not gagging on cock of rough dominant bf who's actually sweet and protective inside

>>35614266

Hm, alright, let me try

ABxABxx

A
OHP 3x5
Weighted Pullups 3x5
Bench 5x5 at 80-90%
Cable Rows 3x8-12

B
Squat 3x5
Power Clean 5x3 ramping sets 50% - 62.5% - 75% - 87.5% - 100% +1-2kg
Power Snatch 3x3 ramping 65% - 85% - 100% +1-2kg
Deadlift 3x5 at 80-90%

C
Bench 3x5
Barbell Row 3x5
OHP 5x5 at 80-90%
Bodyweight Chinups 3xF

C
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Power Clean 5x3 ramping sets
Barbell Shrug 3x6-8 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0t_hCzUgvM)

Let me know what you think about it and I can help you change things up to be how you want it.
>>
>>35616766
Is that really the only difference between SS and GSLP?
>>
>>35616766
Is Candito's Advanced Bench program any good?
>>
Brothren of mine

i seek your wise advice on this routine based on the Greyskull LP
i have on and off being on the gym

220 lbs moderate muscle
Used to train hard 6 months of SS then Texas for another 3, PPL for a while and got injured at work got FAT now and try to regain the path of the aesthetics

Am i on the right way?

Eating at deficit

A-X1-B-X2-A-X3-Rest

A
OHP
3x5,1-8
Squat
3x5, 1-8
Chin Up
3x10
Abs
3x12
B
Barbell Curl
3x10
Deadlift
1-8
Bench
3x5,1x8
Abs
3x12

X
20 mins HITT
1-Shrugs, Pull up. Dumbbell raise 3x12
2-Hammer Curl, Preacher curls, Dips 3x12
3- Abs

Any advice is appreciated
>>
>>35613193
How would I make this routine a lil bit more advanced?

thnks
>>
>>35616766
>Linear progression usually stops at around 68-72 overall score, but this obviously depends on the person.
what the hell? i have 80. ur standards suck
>>
>>35616766
pls answer trappy:
>>35615562
>>
File: 1446351358390.gif (1 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1446351358390.gif
1 MB, 360x240
>>35616862

Not exactly, but for the most part.
The main difference is that GSLP has the last set be AMRAP, and SS has higher Squat and Deadlift frequency.

The GSLP book actually provides a few "plug-ins" that you can add to the program (the main program is just bench/ohp + squat/deadlift), while SS already has extra stuff included in the main program (chinups and power cleans)

(talking about the original GSLP here)

>>35616881

Yes, candito's programs are very good, and not over-the-top crazy like some other specific powerlifting programs out there.

>>35615562

It's not about "focusing on main/ancillary lifts", just train regularly, eat well, and let bodyhair grow a bit.

>>35615624

Aw, I've always wanted to tell you, I want to have sex with you too <3

>>35615608

Wait, so you don't ever add weight to the bar?

>>35615756

I don't think that was me, never really asked for help here I think.

>>35615773

http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/rts-generalized-intermediate-program/

>>35615952

Program looks good.
For traps you can do barbell shrugs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0t_hCzUgvM

>>35616950

Looks good.
Move X1 and X2 to the main B and A days (respectively). Doing it on off-days isn't a good idea since your muscles need rest time to properly grow and get strong.

Doing cardio and abs on off-days is fine.
>>
>>35616766
ey mate, where are you from?

Also, I've rounded shoulders, what kinda accessory lifts should I do to fix me shoulders?

Tu é a trap do xischan que namora o negro do lelouch?
>>
>>35617119
will do, thanks
>>
>>35617119
>http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/rts-generalized-intermediate-program/

>>35615979
>Watch powerliftingtowin's youtube video reviewing that. It's meant for a specific type of lifter.

i don't like that guy, he's a twinkish dyel.
>>
>>35617119

Yeah but when? I do rows on A. Would B do?
>>
File: party cat br.jpg (85 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
party cat br.jpg
85 KB, 500x625
>>35617196

The barbell Shrugs? On any lower day.

>>35617148

pica relatada

não sou eu, não ando pelo xchan kek

>>35616592

How's the app? Haven't seen it yet. Good functionalities? Allows to customise the routine?
>>
>>35617302
And what can I do to fix me shoulders?

pls respond
**Então é a trap do nordeste? Jeez, tem tanta muita trap por aí que nem sei como começar**

You're kinda pretty, tho. Would bang and cuddle with. =3
>>
>>35615562
Jesus so much ignorance in a single post...
I'll try to explain though.

1) It doesn't matter what kind exercises you are going to use, because you can develop every muscle using isolation exercises only. Your body is going to suck dick won't be very functional, but it is possible.

2) the kind of look you desire so much is a matter of body hair and slightly higher body fat level, both of which are unrelated to the exercises you decide to use.

3)PPL is just one way of distributing volume during the week (excessive in my opinion, but some people just like to visit gym often), and as such is just a preference, without any special advantages or disadvantages. It's as 'regular' as any other kind of routine. Well, maybe except a low frequency brosplit, but that's not a real routine.
>>
>>35610357
what if you have to pee? you have industrial tape with you all the time?
>>
>>35616338
he doesn't lift, just attention whores on chan thinking he's an expert because he read one book
>>
File: 12-1-2015.jpg (885 KB, 1321x1927) Image search: [Google]
12-1-2015.jpg
885 KB, 1321x1927
Hi guys, been lifting weights for like half a year, didnt know wtf i was doing, just listening my friends, doing mostly isolated exercises
Recently discovered fit, read sticky and lurked for some time
What routine would you recommend to me? I've seen that SS is quite popular, but my main goal is rather mass and aesthetics than strenght
1RM: dl 110 squat 110 benchpress 60 kilos
bw around 75kg, height 180cm
>>
>>35617537
coolcicada ppl
>>
>>35617450
Trappy lifts, no man would have an ass that nice and fem without lifting.

I agree with you guys about the way she posts, and all the thirsty fucks that flock to her, but she gives better advice than most of you dyels.
>>
>>35617537

Holy fuck. You are literally me when I started lifting.

For the last two months I've been using a PPL routine and I found it pretty effective.
>>
>>35617556
This right here, mate

Just put shrugs and dl on ye pull day and you're golden.
>>
>>35617693
>not deadlifting on dedicated legs day
>>
>>35617704
You're going to JUST yourself if you do it on legs day.

Unless you're just squatting and doing calf raises, ofc.
>>
>>35617773
>implying you need anything else than squats and deads/deads variation to fully develop your legs
>implying t-rex is not the biggest fear of most noobs
>implying the whole idea of having a separate leg day is not to keep the taxing shit away from the upperbody days
>>
>>35617556
>>35617693
Ok, looks like im gonna stick with this one, thanks guys
>>
I have a question

I've been doing iso excersises 3 times a week since October I think and haven't progressed much. Should I start SS or do the PPL routine ?
>>
File: 1437846451426.gif (679 KB, 250x385) Image search: [Google]
1437846451426.gif
679 KB, 250x385
>>35617342

Não posto em nenhuma board ou fórum br, então você muito provavelmente não me conhece kkkk

For the shoulders, fixing posture is much more about what you do during the day than what you do at the gym. If you keep using the computer with a hunched back for most of the day, your posture isn't gonna improve.

Stretch your chest multiple times per day (except at the gym) and try to pay attention to your posture and your scapulae during the day. Doing a bit of shoulder mobility and stretches might also help.

With that said, here are a few things you can do at the gym:
- facepulls and rear delt flys
- more horizontal pulls (barbell/cable rows) in the routine
- keep the scapulae retracted during the bench press
- rotator cuff exercises

Here's a good stretch for the pecs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV7l1sfEmO0

Hope this helps~

>>35617440

I don't use industrial tape keke
I just carry a few sticking plasters in my purse in case it's needed.

>>35617537

Strength training will build you just as much muscle. And for aesthetics all you have to do is add accessory exercises for the specific upperbody parts that are important for an aesthetic look (lateral delts, chest, biceps, lats, etc)

You should do SS for a few months to get those numbers up, then you can do an intermediate routine with a good amount of accessories.
Example:
>ABxCDxx
A
Bench 3x5 +1kg
OHP 5x5 90%
Lateral Raises 3x8-12
Skullcrushers 3x8-12
Cable Crossovers 3x8-12

B
Weighted Chinups 3x5 +1kg
Barbell Rows 5x5 80-90%
DB Supinating Curls 3x8-12
Incline Hammer Curls 3x8-12
Facepulls 3x8-12

C
Squats 3x5 +2kg
Deadlift 3x5 at 80-90% or Power Cleans 5x3 ramping (50-62.5-75-87.5-100% +1kg)
Hip Thrusts 3x6-8 (add weight when you reach 8 reps)
Hanging Leg Raises 3x8-12

D
OHP 1x5 +1kg
Deadlift 1x5 +2kg
Barbell Row 1x5 +1kg
Squats 3x5 80-90%
Bench 3x5 80-90%

But if you really don't care about not being weak, just do any meme PPLPPLx routine out there :P
>>
File: SS Muscle&Exercises.png (2 MB, 1080x1308) Image search: [Google]
SS Muscle&Exercises.png
2 MB, 1080x1308
>>35617925

>>
File: t.hanks_JUST.jpg (232 KB, 660x833) Image search: [Google]
t.hanks_JUST.jpg
232 KB, 660x833
>>35617978
t.hanks, lad.

Pensei que fosse o Vicky de primeira porque o corpo é bem parecido, por isso a porra toda.

Anyway, cya 'round
>>
Hey Trappy, I need help. I want to start a body weight routine and start eating more to get stronger, as I'm extremely weak and don't have access to a gym.
I'm 5'2 and 40kgs if that helps
>>
>>35617607
Post pic of her ass pls
>>
>>35617978

You're the best trappy
>>
>>35618771

Ctrl+F imgur
>>
>>35617607
You are a fucking idiot
>>
>>35619223

Don't you every fucking reply to me again unless you are contributing to the thread.
>>
File: 1450984276879.png (11 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450984276879.png
11 KB, 640x480
>>35617978

Trappy, I need some advice. I've been doing a TM routine you wrote me, but I've found that deadlifts are getting really hard. What happens is that I end up taking longer between the reps of the set... my sets of five can take quite a while to complete.

Is this ok? Should I deload or go for 3RM instead?
>>
>>35610589

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>35614543
>How would you handle Creatine?
5 mg a day no need to cycle.
>>
File: 1450096947875.jpg (121 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450096947875.jpg
121 KB, 666x1000
>>35620083

Training is about causing stress to your body, and that in turn causes adaptation (muscle growth and strength development).
Your body will eventually adapt to a certain level of stress, so it's important to always keep increasing the stress OR varying the TYPE of stress.
This is why volume day and intensity day are a big thing on intermediate lifters' routines.

Anyway, when you do a "slow deadlift set", you ARE causing stress to your body. And it's likely a high level of stress since you are using heavier weights than you were using before. This WILL drive progression and make you stronger (and grow muscle mass of course). So unless you are looking to impress someone, you shouldn't worry too much about it.

Remember, what matters is causing enough stress to your body so that you force it to adapt. Whether is volume, intensity, fast, slow... the type of stress doesn't matter much - and is in fact a good thing to vary it.

So in the end, there's nothing wrong with doing a slow deadlift set and it will drive progress.

However, as I said, varying the type of stress is important for intermediate lifters. So I do recommend you also include fast deadlift sets during your week, even if at lower weights, and keep doing the slow sets on another day. This will drive further progress.

>>35618288

I don't have much experience when it comes to callisthenics bby ): wish I could help but I'm a noob on it.

I do know a few good exercises though. Pistol/tuck squats are great for the legs, glute/ham raises and the quadruped hip extensions are great for the glutes, pullups/chinups are great for the back and arms, handstand pushup, pushup variations, and dips are great for the shoulders, triceps and chest, and hanging leg raise/dragonflag/supermas are great for the abs and the core strength.

I'm not an expert when it comes to building a callisthenics program, but you could do a 3-day per week fullbody routine (3xF) including those exercises, or a 4-day upper/lower split
>>
Pls r8
Decided that my traps and arms overpower my delts so I want to work on my overhead instead of bench for a bit

Day A:
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Weighted Pullup 3x5
Lateral Raises 3x8-12
Rear Delt Flyes 3x8-12
Rope Pushdown 3x8-12
Preacher Curl 3x8-12
Seated Calf Raise 5x10

Day B:
Deadlift 1x5
Pause Bench 3x5
Cable Row 3x5
Reverse Curl 3x8-12
Ab Wheel 3xF
Seated Calf Raise 5x10

AxBxAxx
>>
>>35620576
Does Reverse Pyramid training (RPT) work for increasing size and/or strength
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 640x960
>Lifting Day1
Squat 4x2 4x3 5x3 deload 4x4 4x5 5x5
Power Snatch 5x1 3x2 4x2 deload 4x3 5x3 5x3
RDL 4x3 5x3 5x3 deload

Front lever row static 5x6 seconds
Planche static 5x6 seconds
handstand practice 2 minutes
bar hangs 2 minutes
>Gymnastics Day2
Front Lever row progression 4x2 4x3 5x3 deload 4x4 4x5 5x5
Hand Stand Push-up progression 4x2 4x3 5x3 deload 4x4 4x5 5x5
Dum bell Planche Push-up 4x4 4x6 5x6 deload 4x8 4x10 5x10
Rope climb progressions 4x2 4x3 5x3 deload 4x4 4x5 5x5

Day3
Rest Foam roll Strech
>Lifting Day 4
Deadlift 4x2 4x3 5x3 deload 4x4 4x5 5x5
Paused front squat 4x4 4x5 5x5 deload
High Pull 4x3 5x3 5x3 deload
Drop Snatch 4x3 5x3 5x3 deload

Front lever row static 5x6 seconds
Planche static 5x6 seconds
handstand practice 2 minutes
bar hangs 2 minutes

>Gymnastics Day5

Planche Push-up progression 4x2 4x3 5x3 deload 4x4 4x5 5x5
Dumbell Hand Stand Push-up 4x4 4x6 5x6 deload 4x8 4x10 5x10
Dum bell front lever Rows 4x4 4x6 5x6 deload 4x8 4x10 5x10
Rope climb progressions 4x2 4x3 5x3 deload 4x4 4x5 5x5

>day 6 rest
>day 7 rest

>Accessory for lifting day 2x a week

Dragon lever 4x4 4x5 5x5 deload
HS Reverse leg lifts 4x4 4x5 5x5 deload
Side lever twist 4x4 4x5 5x5 deload
GHR 4x2 4x3 5x3 deload 4x4 4x5 5x5
Shrimp Pistol 4x2 4x3 5x3 deload 4x4 4x5 5x5
weighted pan cake 4x4 4x5 5x5 deload
sissy squat 4x4 4x5 5x5 deload
>Accessory for Gymnastics day 2x a week

Incline Sit-ups 4x8 4x10 5x10 deload
Hollow planks reps 4x8 4x10 5x10 deload
bent leg straddle l-sit 4x24s 4x30s 5x20s deload
Wrist push-ups variations 4x2 4x3 5x3 deload 4x4 4x5 5x5
weighted dislocates 4x2 4x3 5x3 deload 4x4 4x5 5x5
>>
>>35620576

Thanks a lot!
>>
>>35621211
Either both or just hyperthrophy, depending on how you manage your weights, sets and reps.
>>
>>35621321
Why a whole week of accesories? Do you lift heavy? Or is it both powerlifting + gymnastcs too demanding for the CNS?
>>
>>35621741
increase reps the lower the weight.
>>
>>35621768
Depends on how many reps, and how much weight you start in.
Say I start with 90% 1RM for max reps and start decreasing weight and increasing up to 6~8 reps, you'll gain both, but if you start around 75% 1RM for max reps you'll only work on hyperthrophy.
>>
>>35621804
Please note, you'll only gain strength if I start at 90% 1RM, kek.
>>
How does this routine look? I'm trying to incorporate in some weightlifting while still do some powerlifting.

Push:
Bench 3x5
OHP 3x5
Push press 3x5
Dips 3x6

Pull:
Deadlift 1x3, working up to my 3rm
Snatch pull 3x4
Rows 3x6
Pullups 3x6
Curls 3x8

Legs
Back squat 3x3
Front squat 3x4
Overhead squat 3x5
Pause bench 3x6, bench today because trying to hit muscle groups 2x a week

Full body
Snatches
Clean and Jerks

Excuse the low volume, on a cut and trying not to do more than my body can recover. anything else I need to add or change?
>>
>>35621804
>>35621812
Workout A – Shoulders & Back
1. Weighted Chin-ups: sets – 4-6 reps, 6-8 reps (RPT) =
2. Standing Barbell Press: 3 sets – 4-6 reps, 6-8 reps (RPT) =
3. Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets – 4-6 reps, 6-8 rep (RPT) = 49.9kg
4. Lateral Raises: 3 sets x 10-15 reps (SS) =
5. Decline Crunches: 4 sets x 10-15 reps (SS)

Workout B – Lower-body & Biceps
1. Squats: 2 sets – 6-8 reps, 8-10 reps (RPT) =
2. Romanian Deadlifts: 2 sets – 6- 8 rep, 8-10 rep (RPT) =
3. Standing Calf Raises: 2 sets – 10-12 reps, 12-15 reps (RPT)= 17kg
4. Barbell Curls: 2 sets – 6-8 reps, 8-10 reps (RPT) = 20kg
5. Hammer Curls: 2 sets – 6-8, 8-10 (RPT) =

Workout C – Chest & Triceps
1. Flat Bench Press: 2 sets – 4-6 reps, 6-8 reps (RPT) = 32kg
2. Incline Bench Press: 2 sets – 4-6 reps, 6-8 reps (RPT) = 20k
3. Skull Crushers: 2 sets – 6-8, 8-10 (RPT) =
4. Rear Delt Flyes: 4 sets x 10-15 reps (SS) =
5. Decline Crunches: 4 sets x 10-15 reps (SS)

Workout D - Full body
1. Squat: 3 sets -5 reps (SS)
2. Bench Press: 3 sets- 5 reps (SS)
3. Deadlift: 3 sets - 5 reps (SS)

ABCxDxx

SS = same weight

hows this workout for aesthetics and strength.
>>
Should I transition over to SS or still stick with Stronglifts 5x5? I feel like I've been making progress so far...
>>
>>35621930
i feel like it should be SS then SL. SL builds muscle mass better if you have a strength base. if you've been doing SL and its been working keep doing it until it doesn't'. Remember everything works, but nothing works forever.
>>
Day 1:

Deadlifts - 5x3
Dumbbell Rows - 5x5/arm
Planks - 3 planks til I fail
Seated Cable Row - 3x8
Barbell Shrugs - 3x8

Day 2:

Bench Press - 5x5
OHP - 5x5
Planks
Weighted Chest Dip - 5x5
Dumbbell Curls - 5x10/arm
Cable Crossovers - 5x5

Day 3:

Squats - 5x5
Barbell Curls - 5x3
Planks
Standing Calf Raises - 5x10
Lying Leg Curls - 3x8
Leg Press - 5x5
>>
>>35621958

Ah, I see. I have to lift stuff (up to 50lbs) at work sometimes and occasionally help my mom bring heavy things inside, like a 100lb bag of rice, but once I plateau on that, then I'll switch over. Thanks for the suggestion!
>>
>>35621999
>
checked and buttblasted m8
>>
File: Capture.png (28 KB, 352x172) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
28 KB, 352x172
Pic related is routine

>>35620576
Yay you're back. I played through HuniePop and Nekopara vol 0+1 over the winter. Strange these chinese cartoons are.
Any advice on routine? Currently thinking of doing ABxABx while skipping legs, as my squats are almost at 400lb now.
>>
>>35612834
The thing that you need to take into account here is: Sprinting can definitely be improved by stronger legs and more explosive movements, and you can improve those in the weightroom. However, to get good at sprinting, you have to sprint, and to get really good, you have to improve different aspects of sprinting. SAID (Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demand) is a principle that benefits you for all activities: if you do weights, you'll get better at the weights, not necessarily all that much better at the sprints.

Gotta get in your sprint work too, and early on, doing both may be too much volume for you, especially when you start off and are at higher risk of shin/ankle/foot issues. Get your sprinting in, and then consider weights as additional work.
>>
File: 1411019495660.jpg (539 KB, 1000x648) Image search: [Google]
1411019495660.jpg
539 KB, 1000x648
Yo anons.

I was doing SL for a month or so but fell off. Tonight I'm starting back and really want to make it brahs. I could've been shredded for vacation last year but instead I spent the whole week in my room missing my ex. I refuse to do that again this year. Since the rec. is SS I'll do that, but would it be okay to do that with the SL weight progression? I appreciated the simplicity of starting with the bar and adding five or ten pounds per week. Also what should I wear to the gym? I have some chuck's that are flat on the bottom, and I recall reading that flat shoes are good for the gym. Obviously jeans would be a stupid idea, but would sweatpants be alright?

It's fucking 11pm and I'm trying to wait another hour or so before I go so it's dead empty and no one sees my baby weight.
>>
File: TaRUkxo.png (355 KB, 2485x3512) Image search: [Google]
TaRUkxo.png
355 KB, 2485x3512
>>35618288
Yo, not trappy, but I mostly do calisthenics, might be able to help you out a little?

First thing to do, as you've already identified, is eat more, that'll help with the strength and the muscle gains both.

Secondly, the easiest bodyweight routines to start with are probably either the startbodyweight routine, or the reddit bodyweight routine.

These can be found respectively at:

Here for the Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

Here for startbodyweight:
http://www.startbodyweight.com/p/start-bodyweight-basic-routine.html

Those are better for complete beginners, there are some other programs, but they're more complex and these should suit your current needs.

Any questions, either ask here or come and join us over at the /asp/ bodyweight general, we have a pretty comprehensive list of information and some decently knowledgeable contributors.

Attached is the cheatsheet for the r/bodyweight routine.
>>
Trying to re implement a 4 day split starting February when I start cutting Hows this
A: Chest and Tri's
Bench RPT 5,6,8
Incline Bench 3x8-12
Dips 4x8-10
Close Grip Bench 3x8-12
Cable flys: 4x12-20
B: Back and Bis
Deadlift 1x5
Chin-Ups: 3xF
Lat Pulldown 3x8-12
Cable Rows: 4x10-12
Barbell Curl (debating between doing RPT or doing 3x8-12)
Cable curl 4x12-20
C: Shoulder
OHP RPT 5,6,8
Dumbbell Lateral Raises 3x8-10
Arnold Press 3x8-12
Upright Row 4x8-12
Dumbbell Front Raises 3x10-12
Shrugs 4x10-12
D: Legs and Abs
ATG Squat: RPT 5,6,8
Front Squat (Debating whether to make it strength based or hypertrophy based)
Power Cleans (Same issue as with Front Squats)
Leg curls: 3x8-12
Calve Raises: 3xF
Ab Wheel 4x8-12
>>
File: 1354559591460.jpg (36 KB, 267x300) Image search: [Google]
1354559591460.jpg
36 KB, 267x300
Coming back to the gym after a 2 year hiatus. Just finished my first week today. My goal is to lose weight, so I'm going to the gym 3x/wk and my ultimate goal is to lower my overall bf%(lose man tits) and bulk up afterwards. I'm trying to figure out how much cardio I should be doing.

The routine I was using this week was 1 I randomly grabbed from the sticky.
A - Squat, Bench, Row
B - Squat, OHP, Deadlift
AxBxAxx
Would it be better to do SS instead? I run on the same days as I lift and I want to add more. Am I going to overtrain my legs by lifting (SS) 3x/wk and running 5x/wk? Will my body get used to it? Again, my main goal right now is to lose weight, relearn the form involved in all lifts, and increase my flexibility so I can reduce/get rid of my butt wink in my squat.
>>
>>35622226
>>35621767
Accessory work I do with the given day.
>>
what kind of diet if im slightly overweight but doing SS which recommends a lot of calories?
>>
>>35623259

There's a lighter version of SS for people on a cut http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program
>>
>>35623251
I'm >>35622226
I haven't responded to you, that was a different anon, any particular reason you tagged me?
>>
>>35623272
damn man, ive already been doing the main program for 3 weeks
>>
>>35623346

Then progress to the lighter program after the lifts get heavy. That's how you're supposed to do it.
>>
Can I switch squats for leg press? Everyone in my father side of the family has back problems, I wonder if I should do Leg Press just to be on the safer side. Fyi I just started lifting, doing SS.
>>
>>35623582

No, squats are a more complete exercise than the leg press.
Deadlifts will strengthen your back.
>>
>>35623582
Start off light, nail down the form completely. If you need help plg should be able to help. Also do planks side planks and hollow holds
>>
5'7'' 72kg, few months of prior gym lifting
straight into ss or cut first? (slight gut and tits)
>>
>>35623736
let me suck on the tits bb,
>>
Can someone rate my routine?
I'm a fat dude of 2m or so tall and maybe 100 kg give or take. I'm cutting and my daily calorie is 1700-1800-ish.

A: Bench press 4x5-8
inclined bench press 4x5-8
triceps cable pushdown 4x8-10
db skull crushers 4x8-10
butterfly machine 4x5-8
chest press machine 4x5-8
Squats 4x5
deadlifts 4x5
(I have an old injury that affects my pushing power significantly, can barely use dbs)

B: lat pulldown 4x5-8
pulldown machine 4x5-8
seated cable row 4x5-8
one arm db row 4x6-10 for each arm
db biceps curl 4x6-10 for each arm
bb biceps curl 4x5-8
squats 4x5

C: smith machine shoulder press 4x5-8
machine shoulder (military) press 4x5-8
lat db raise 4x8-10
cardio
squats 4x5

ABCABXX

no leg-day besides squats because I ride the bike 10 hours a day and my legs are huge
>>
>>35623760
not kinobody/10
>>
>>35623754
u dunt want too
>>
>>35608278
Can anyone recomend me some program to be better at bench press?
Just fucking bench press. Actual bench press is 110kg. I want 180 brahs. Current weight: 90 kg
>>
>>35623881

Its gonna take a hell of a lot more than one program to take that bench to 180.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.