[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are you isolating your middle / lower trapezius, /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Trapezius_muscle_animation2.gif (3 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Trapezius_muscle_animation2.gif
3 MB, 640x640
My upper trapezius dominates over my middle and lower trapezius. Any ideas how to correct this?
>>
deadlift fgt
>>
File: Sho1.png (4 KB, 277x257) Image search: [Google]
Sho1.png
4 KB, 277x257
I do cable pulls from shoulder height to my sides, thumbs upwards all the time.
>>
deadlift/ohp/shrugs for upper/middle
row/reverse-fly for overall
dip/pullup/pulldown for middle/lower
>>
>>35607562
The lower trap is responsible for scapular depression, stuff like like chin/pull ups,close grip pulldown.
A frauder friend of mine said to take the v pulldown attachment, sit almost vertical, slightly leaned and pull as if you are trying to touch your quads with elbows.
>>
pull up and chin up
>>
>>35611096

/thread
>>
Nothing trains my traps as power cleans. Do them if you want huge traps.
>>
>bodybuilders
>>
I feel effects all the way down to my waist after heavy barbell shrugs for reps. They work the whole traps, not just the top part visible around the neck.
>>
>>35607562
db rows
seated cable rows
very strict barbell rows with tension - hold
reverse flyes
>>
yates rows, high rows, just rows from unconventional angles. in the way of isolation: scapular retractions, look up kelso shrugs or kelso rows (same thing), shrugdowns, and you can do barbell "shrugs" slightly bent over too. many options. just look up the functions of the middle traps (traps II, traps III, and traps IV i think, just not trapezius I) and then actually perform that function specifically under load. it's not hard.
>>
>>35607562
11replies and no one said pendlay rows yet..
>>
OP here, thanks a lot, i will try your suggestions
>>
>>35612354
If you have a chest supported T bar machine in your gym, you can just hold the weight and shrug it towards you. hits the middle traps pretty hard
>>
Stretch your upper traps and your pecs out before your workout. Get someone who knows what they are doing to look at your posture. I'm guessing you may have excessive kyphosis of the thoracic spine when your standing naturally. This looks like a rolled forward positioning of the shoulders with your head pushed forward rather than balanced on the top of the spine. Scapular retraction and depression exercises will activate your rhomboids which are probably under activated leading to your upper traps taking most of the work stabalising the shoulder leading to tightness and a domination over movement during the row. Long story short: maintain good posture through resistance exercise.
>>
>>35612965
Like a farmers walk with shoulder retraction and depression?
>>
>>35607755
wow i gotta try this
>>
>>35612266

This
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.