[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to follow SS in a smaller gym with no barbells,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: gym.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
gym.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Is it possible to follow SS in a smaller gym with no barbells, only dumbbells and Smith machines? I can't imagine being able to do something like power cleans without a barbell, so are there any alternative excersizes?

>inb4 find a new gym
This gym is free, and getting a membership somewhere else isnt.
>>
how the fk you gonna follow a barbell-based program without barbells feynman
>>
Do a different routine
>>
>>35607523
I was thinking I could use dumbbells for bench/military/deadlift and Smith machine for squats. Just wondering what the missing link would be.
>>
>>35607559
Every beginner routine in the sticky mostly pulls from the same pool of core exercises as SS though.
>>
>>35607560
>Just wondering what the missing link would be
>using the smith machine
Jesus Christ you could at least read the book.
>>
>>35608217
I have, and I know I shouldnt use the Smith machine, but I feel like getting some inferior squats in would be better than not squatting at all.
>>
>>35607236
Either do the program right or don't do it all.
For people just starting out it's pretty difficult to mess up gains but if you're serious about getting stronger/looking good then you're going to want to use the right equipment.
In general I'm not super hardcore about people modifying a program or something but at least go to a gym where you can do the exercises the way you're supposed to.
>>
>>35607236
Yes, just do the movements with body weights. You will have to double the reps though. Also instead of a gallon of milk a day, just drink a gram of milk a day. I can personally guarantee equal or better results this way.
>>
>>35607236
You're not doing the program. Try something else or follow the program.
>>
>>35607559
>>35608269
>>35608724
What other programs are there that'll fit my needs and work to a similar effect as SS? Everything in the sticky are also barbell regimens.
>>
Do a brosplit, faggot. SS is seriously a meme. You'll only get fat.
>>
>>35608765
>lifting weights on a barbell makes you fat
>>
i am in the same boat as the OP, only have access to dumbbells and smith machine.

if SS cant be done with out a bar bell what is a decent alternative routine?
>>
>>35607236

>can I do a barbell routine without a barbell?
>can I drive a car without a car?
>>
>>35608760
You cannot do something different from SS or a barbell regimen and expect to get the same results. You simply have to face the fact that you need the right equipment. Best advice, find a way to get some fucking barbells.
>>
>>35608800
>if SS cant be done with out a bar bell what is a decent alternative routine?

Brosplit #50349850239458

You will never be able to develop barbell like strength without a barbell.

Try doing 200kg dumbbell squats.
>>
>>35608787
The routine is shit not the exercises...
>>
You can do bench, ohp, rows, lunges, and goblet squats/one legged squats with dumbbells. You can definitely make a solid routine with those as your base compound lifts.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.