[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good starting routine? Started going to the gym 2 weeks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 800x497) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 800x497
Is this a good starting routine? Started going to the gym 2 weeks ago this is last week of circuit training, have to start doing weight routines next week and wanna know if this is good.
>>
Bump 4 help
>>
>>35607006
That's a good push/pull routine. However you want to add more volume after about 3 months ( change reps to 10-12) to build mass
>>
>>35607006
hmmm deadlifting the day after squatting.
>>
>>35607452
I squat 3 days a week and DL 1/2x a week. Your point?
>>
>>35607149
Good advice.

My own tidbit is after a few months you may have issues progressing on bench press and OHP if you're always doing them on the same day.

Shouldn't be a problem at the start, but something to keep in the back of your mind in case you hit a brick wall down the road.
>>
Better then what 90% of gym goers do so yes, do this brah
>>
>>35607510
What routine should I do after I hit a wall with this one?
>>
>>35607587
Depends on where you are. If your lifts are at intermediate level, Texas method, madcow, all that shit is pretty go to.

But most likely before you get to this point you'll plateau with different lifts at different times. Since you're still in the starting phase, you can get around this with a combination of deloading and switching up lifts.

Like the example earlier, you might stall on bench press and OHP doing them the same day.

First remedy is to deload and start progression again.

When this stops working, you can switch the order of when you do the exercises. Your first A day you do heavy bench press and lighter OHP. Your second A day you start with heavy OHP and do lighter bench press.

When this stops working, try doing OHP and bench press on different days.

This kind of situation can develop for a single lift, or any mix of compounds that focus on the same group. You can get out of these little sticks by making small adjustments to your routine. You don't have to do a huge overall and change everything.

If you're a beginner, you've got at least a good 6 months at least of newbie gains to get through before you need to start looking at more advanced routines.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 500x373
>>35607669
Thanks man, screen capped for later use. Take an egg meme as a thanks
>>
>>35607006
no
>>
>>35607490
then you do shit leg days
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.