[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come I never have energy, /fit/? I eat pretty well (zero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
How come I never have energy, /fit/?

I eat pretty well (zero fast food, zero junk food, just water, 1 cup of coffee a day, grilled chicken/steak/occasional burgers and multiple servings of fruit or veggies a day). Im sure this isnt perfect but i know im ahead of many.

I'm also a welder by trade, so im moving around and on my feet working a physical job 6-10 hours a day just depending. I'm 6' 4" and about 160ish pounds (dont own a scale), with no known medical conditions.

I just never have any fucking energy, for anything. It feels like I'm always drained and lagging behind the world. Why could this be, and what could i do/eat/try to fix it?

/k/omrade here, may the glorious /k/ube bless the members of this fine board <3
>>
shamless self bump
>>
File: 1422481129774.gif (2 MB, 390x364) Image search: [Google]
1422481129774.gif
2 MB, 390x364
>>35606818
Hey m80, check your iron levels... srs:/ also look into Vitamin B. Hope it gets better man, welding isn't easy. If it is persistent I would get a simple blood test done by your PCP.
>>
>>35606930
iron, okay... Aside from licking the steel before i weld it, how does one boost this? I cook lots of things in a cast iron frying pan but that probably only does so much
>>
>>
CANCER
A
N
C
E
R

better check yoself m8
or just lowtest
>>
>>>>35606972
Should be ok then. How's your sleep?
>>
>>35606818
>160 lbs
>6'4"
>on feet all day
>dat description of food

How many cals you eat per day? You sound like you dont eat nearly enough.
>>
Well, sheeeeeit i never thought of that :-I

My dinner tonight is two kiwis, 4 grilled chiggin tenders, and ~200 calories of rice

wot do? How many should i be eating?
>>
>>35607538
THANKS MR SKELETAL.

For real though, eat more
>>
>>35607538
You need to track your calories friendo. Probably should be eating 2500+ a day for maintainance.
>>
>welder
>physical job

top kek mate, you literally move your hands a little bit. sure your back may hurt from being hunched over, but unless you're an underwater welder, you are not doing that much physical labor. fuck, even UPS drivers get more physical activity than you.
>>
>>35607677
>Catalog

bait/10

>implying im some kind of production dweeb
>implying i dont hold 5 structural certifications
>implying i dont work in a repair & custom fab shop
>implying i dont also operate heavy equipment and also do some manual machining

cant believe i fell for it
>>
>>35608138
how do you think the welding profession will be in the future? i have this fantasy of welding shit in space when i'm an older guy
>>
>>35606818

You may have a Thyroid condition. I have Hashimoto's and had the same symptoms until I got on meds. Get your TSH levels checked.
>>
Do you take stimulants such as caffiene regularly? If so, cut back on them, as you might be suffering from adrenal fatigue.
>>
File: fungus festival.png (4 MB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
fungus festival.png
4 MB, 1600x1600
>>35607103

i want my ochinchin inside of you senpai
>>
>>35606818
You have a physically taxing job and you don't eat enough for your body to recover. I'd also guess you have very little muscle which makes you tire out quicker too.
>>
It may be your loss of electrolytes throughout the working day. If your just drinking water in a hot and physically taxing job your not replacing them. This will affect the nervous systems ability to send messages possibly causing you to feel lethargic.
>>
Eat more.
Sleep more.
>>
>>35609079
fawkin' great mane! as long as you're educated. I went to the hobart school of welding in troy ohio which was 10/10. If you live in the southeast and want something quicker, cheaper, and more "direct" or straight to the point, the georgia trade school is where its at.

The age of the average welder keeps increasing, because the cucks of my generation would rather study feminist dance theropy or some shit, or they have no motivation and are content to living in their basement and working at mcdonalds.

So, if you're not a complete fuckup (which there are a lot of in this trade, thats a meme thats 100% true, but this is good for you because you're much more desireable if you have your shit close to together), and can handle being on your feet and like working with your hands, its great. I made about $5k last month after taxes and i love my job, its different every day and once you have the skills its not difficult at all.

The only job robots are taking, is boring as fuck low paying production welding, doing the same thing 100x per day or more. You're not missing anything there...
>>
>>35610034
>35610034

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit mane, i'll look into this if things dont improve, thanks
>>
>>35610062
Yes and no, i only have one cup of coffee per day... I dont think its that tho, I've been burned out on the stuff before when i was younger and know what it feels like
>>
>>35612647
YES but I've always been a really lean person all my life. I'll try eating moar thanks
>>
>>35612775
I should've added to the OP, that I drink a couple of 16 oz gatorades throughout the day while im working, would that be enough?

>>35612787
Will do! I slept 9 hours instead of 8 last night and feel great today! Can you really thrive on 8?
>>
>>35613208
still here bro, that sounds fucking great! i work at walmart now and i couldn't ever think of doing this for much longer and i'm sad for those that do. How long is the schooling for and how much is it for that education?
>>
I would switch careers m8. Welders get hella cancer
>>
>>35613256
DO IT! I went to hobart, it was 9 months. GTS was ~5ish iirc

>>35613277
Only the ones who are stupid enough to breate in the fumes. Where i work everyone uses a $6000 fume extractor that sucks up the smoke and pushes out clean air.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.