[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Used to eat only white rice, then made the switch to brown rice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: large_88f43edd233379bc6180.jpg (256 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
large_88f43edd233379bc6180.jpg
256 KB, 900x599
Used to eat only white rice, then made the switch to brown rice. Ate brown rice at least once every couple of days for a few months now, without eating any white rice. Then ate white rice meal yesterday. Found it unfulfilling and hard to digest, like it was empty but heavy. Reminds me of the feeling I get when I eat shitty food afte eating clean for a while, I can just feel it in my body that it's not good. Like I also get the feeling with white bread or regular pasta.

Is white rice just shit tier?

Also anyone else get that same feeling of just not feeling fulfilled when not eating as best as you can and get used to? Whether it be fast food, soda, junk food etc.
>>
I don't really care about fiber and complex carbs and shit but brown rice just tastes better
>Meuh nutty flavor
the only fuckery is that it take 45 min to cook in the rice maker
>>
I get basmati as it has the same GI as brown without tasting like shit.
>>
>>35608055
Agreed. Brown rice is one of my favourite things to eat. I think it's delicious.
>>
nah. White rice all the way.

Superior taste, and mixes well with all sorts of Cajun and Chinese sorts of dishes.

Same macros and micros as brown rice (seriously, read the label), so no major difference.
>>
I boil my brown rice in water just like the package says but it always comes out kind of soupy looking. It doesn't look like it's supposed to. What do?
>>
>>35606637
brown rice master race

only poo in loos and power points eat white rice
>>
>>35608452
Obtain rice cooker
>>
>>35608475
Rice cooker yields same result. But it is $20 cheapo brand from grocery store
>>
I can relate, OP. I switched to brown rice exclusively when making my own food and when I eat white rice it feels more like I'm eating something insubstantial yet unhealthy (like a cookie). Probably because it has higher glycemic index.

>>35608452
Cook it down a little longer or do >>35608475
If you get a steamer you can use it to cook rice plus other stuff too.
>>
>>35608452
Just keep it covered and simmering for longer. Eventually the rice will absorb the excess water, brown rice just takea a shit ton more time. I hate brown rice by the way, doesn't have nearly enough stickiness to it
>>
>>35608433
White rice does not have the same micros as brown rice. Also I highly doubt your label contains micros information

White rice is actually brown rice stripped from its outer layer, where all the micros are at

This is why brown rice is the only way
>>
>>35608055
>the only fuckery is that it take 45 min to cook in the rice maker
Takes less than 20 in mine?
>>
>>35608811
Except brown rice contains phytic acid which pretty much impedes a proper digestion process and makes the micro content of brown rice negligible.
>>
File: best rice.png (102 KB, 558x728) Image search: [Google]
best rice.png
102 KB, 558x728
WILD
I
L
D
>>
>>35608985
Wild rice isn't fucking rice
>>
>>35608055
>using a rice cooker

Fucking pleb
>>
>>35608985
Yeah but wild rice tastes like shit in non-wild rice dishes
>>
>>35606637
I love taking a great big brown rice shit. Feels great.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.