[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ I'm trying to lose weight and not be such a fat ass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 256x195) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 256x195
/fit/ I'm trying to lose weight and not be such a fat ass anymore inhaling burgers. I'm already getting tired of salad. How do you make your veggies interesting
>>
Herbs, spices, and variety.
You don't have to just eat vegetables to lose weight. Count your calories.
>>
>>35603308
soup
>>
>>35603308

>no burgers
>have to eat veggies

You know there are different foods between?
>>
>>35603322
>>35603365
Yes I know I don't have to eat "just" this and I don't but for my own benefit I should be eating a lot more than I used to...which admittedly was a very low amount.
>>
If you only eat veggies you're going to fucking fail. Seriously. You're not a rabbit. Veggies are mostly there for micros anyway.

Scoobert has some bretty gud stuff on nutrition that could help you out.
>>
>>35603308
Hot sauce is gain sauce my friend. Get a big fucking platter of veggies going and dump the stuff on there.
>>
>>35603308
you dont even eat salad just eat less food bruh.
>>
i also want to loose weight but i don't want to do the counting
>>
>>35603584
>>35603633

I've cut fast food and pop out, for good though I still have a diet once in a while...but god damn the urge to drive to Portillos and grab a burger is fierce and I won't even be hungry and I still want it. How long will this last, and how do you best deal with it
>>
>>35603757
I started to lose those urges when I was about 50lbs down, only got them again when I was high. Eventually people noticing your gains will feel better than the burger will taste. This is the most important thing though, if you fuck up and grab some trash remember that it's not the end of the world and it's certainly not the end of your progress. You just adjust and keep going, never let a bad day end a good decision.
>>
I never eat veggies, just eat your proteins if you don't wanna be hungry
>>
If you're really hellbent on making your salads interesting, try mixing it up by making a grilled salad every now and then, experiment with things that aren't lettuce, throw in weird cheeses. Hell, you could even make your own dressing.

If you're more worried about the fat loss, read the damn sticky
>>
>>35603308
I've been on a cut for 2 weeks now and haven't eaten salad once.

You just have to reduce caloric intake, not start eating only veggies. That's mom science.
>>
>>35603757
Make your own burgers.
>Get lean ground beef and form it into patties without adding anything.
>Use pickles, onions, tomatoes, lettuce etc. as much as you want
>use real cheese, not that fake orange melt shit
>throw away the top half of the bun
>>
>>35603308
A burger is not going to hurt as long as you don't eat them every day. The best way to lose weight is with a balanced diet and exercise. A salad is a salad, you can put whatever you want in it. Mix it up. Don't eat the same salad more than twice in a week. And also, eat some chicken or fish.
>>
>>35603947
>Not adding eggs to your burger patties
>>
>>35603308
make burgers, just skip the buns and fries. Or if you must have fries, try using sweet potatoes instead.

no soda. no diet soda. no juice. no beer. eat your burgers with water.
>>
>>35603976
i know 1 burger won't kill me but I'm testing the limits of my will to see how long I will last. I was more so asking what else I can do with veggies besides eating salads, like any good stir fry stuff or kebabs
>>
>>35604068
What's wrong with diet soda, I know water is best choice. But is diet bad for you?
>>
>>35604109
You are going to fuck yourself over with that "see how long I will last" stuff. If you want to get better, you need to make gradual changes towards and permanent diet and healthier life style. Shocking your system does not work for most people regardless of whatever anecdotes you may have heard.
>>
>>35603646
It sucks at the start but it's probably going to make the biggest difference. I was stuck and it's what did it for me. Try it for a while and it gets much easier
>>
>>35603947
This, making your own is so much more satisfying and you can actually count what your eating. Plus you can change it up more for when you want variety. Cooking for yourself is the best way to lose weight
>>
>>35604129
it tastes sweet and can fuck with your mind or something.
>>
>How do you make your veggies interesting

Cook them.
>>
>>35604204
...so how often do you see people make the transition from once in a while cheat day to slippery slope into full on glutton mode. Which is worse going cold turkey and shocking my system into what it's not used to, or convincing my self "oh one more burger won't hurt" I know there is a middle ground but I did become addicted to burgers at my worst I was probably making 5 trips to a fast food joint a week. I can't be continue this lifestyle
>>
>>35604861
your goals aren't very good. The fact that you are making it a choice between "shocking the system" and "slippery sloop to breaking into a pie factory" sounds like it means you want to fail.

You have a smart phone. Download myfitnesspall. Change your macros to something like 50% carbs, 30% protein (you want about .7 grams of protein to pound of your weight), 20% fat. Set your weight loss to be about half a pound a week.

I hope you like chicken.

Go ahead and download a couch to 5k app. Get started with that.

Make a game out of getting all the protein you want within the calorie limit. Its hard but fun to do. And it isn't all veggies, its actually not that many veggies at all really. Its tones of fucking chicken. It is also absolutely nothing processed.

Within a few months your tastes for food change, and you actually start to become a little disgusted by processed foods, refined added sugars, etc etc. After about 8 months your eating habits change and you can ditch myfitnesspal.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.