[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are push ups so much easier to do than pull ups?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
why are push ups so much easier to do than pull ups?
>>
Because half your weight doesn't move up.
>>
You're not moving as much of your weight up. lol

Dips are better compared to pullups. Still most people will have easier time with dips than pullups, partly cause better leverages, most people are stronger on pushes than pulls and less ROM.

I can do about 60-70 pushups withuot stopping. Can only do around 20 pullups in a row...
>>
>>35601130
Push ups would be would be exactly as easy to do as pull ups if your feet weren't touching the floor.
>>
>>35601181
op here and same. I would feel like a true sir if I could do the same amount of pull ups in a set.
they take a much longer time to progess compared to pushups too I've noticed.
and fuck dips, they hurt my shoulders.
>>
>>35601211
>and fuck dips, they hurt my shoulders.
You're doing them wrong. Your torso should be roughly 45 degrees angled against the floor. Almost like doing a pushup.
>>
Why are pullups easier than bw overhead press?
>>
>>35601206
The equivalent to pushups (horizontal push) are bodyweight rows (horizontal pull).
Turns out they are exactly as easy/hard.
>>
>>35601343
Cause you use your back muscles, not your shoulders.
>>
>>35601379
Wut... I feel the burn in my shoulders and my lats
>>
>>35601246
Or he just has shit flexibility like most chucklefucks on /fit/
>>
Why is a bw squat easier than a straddle planche?
>>
>>35601246
Agreed. Straight legs and hinge at the hips. This changes your COG and allows you to dip to parallel without your arms needing to go too far back.

don't let arms flare out past 45°
>>
>>35601211
>and fuck dips, they hurt my shoulders.

You should push your shoulders down when dipping and this is extremely hard to do. Its basically the same posture as when you;re benching - shoulderblades tight and down.

https://youtu.be/BRBVKxMb1RQ
>>
>>35601181
>tfw you just did 30 pull ups on monday
Feels good man
>>
So i'm fat.... I weigh 230 i'm 6'0 tall. I don't currently have money for the gym but I do have an old pullup bar and a treadmill in the basement. I have been walking on it for about an hour 5 days a week and my diet is in tact (i'm prescribed adderall so I barely eat more than a chicken breast a day with a glass of milk). My question is how can I begin to progress in pullups, as I currently can't even do 1?

I used to be able to do like 8 when I was in shape in high school. I've read to try to do negatives (only go down), however I can only do like 3 of these before my form is so terrible that i'm sure there is no benefit to flailing around while I lower myself.....thanks bros for any pointers
>>
Why is squatting 100kg harder than squatting 50kg?
>>
>>35602270
>I have been walking on it for about an hour 5 days a week and my diet is in tact (i'm prescribed adderall so I barely eat more than a chicken breast a day with a glass of milk)
first off calculate your macros and eat as much as you need to. keep walking and lose it without starving yourself. if you're on addies this shouldn't be too hard. you'll get lose skin if you starve yourself.
worry about the pull ups when you've lost the fat man.
I was at your weight last year, down to 160. what I did was just walk walk walk walk. 15 miles a day sometimes.
>>
>>35601553
Damn nice. I'm kinda torn between going for 30 reps in a row on pullups or doing weighted pullups. Tryina get to that +100lbs for 5 reps pullup, but also wanna be able to hit 30+ in a row... Guess I could alternate heavy and light days.
>>
>>35602270
Stand on a box and do them. Stand on tiptoes as you go up and down.
Takes time.

Also lose 30 lbs, itll be easier
>>
thanks for the advice. I don't know how accurate my scale is, it says I weigh 230 but in clothes I don't look fat, just a little chubby. I have a small beer gut.
I haven't been counting calories (which is stupid ik) but as long as I continue to lose weight i'm going to stick with it. I have been eating only 1 big meal a day, chicken breast, glass of milk, and a cup of greek yogurt. Its hard for me to eat a lot because of my adderall, I ordered some protein and fiber from ON so that will help me get more calories in I was thinking of drinking 2 protein shakes a day which would be an extra 50 g protein and 300 cals.
Any advice for my diet, basically i'm just trying to get as much protein as possible?
Also how much weight would I have to lose say per week to start getting loose skin? I really don't want loose skin...
I know every persons body is different and a healthy weight loss is about 2 pounds per week but does anyone have any experience with how much weight loss is too much too fast?
Also I have a bench press but only have the bar (45 pounds) and then 80 pounds of weight with it, what can I be doing with that?
>>
how to cop dennis mode
>>
>>35603059
be born a god
>>
>>35601130
With pushups you're moving only about 60% of your bodyweight at best
With pullups, not only are you doing a movement for a muscle group that most people don't really give any attention too, but you're moving about 95% of your bodyweight.
>>
>>35602741
>>35602792
>>35602990
>>
>>35601206
Dips?
>>
>>35602270
>I barely eat more than a chicken breast a day with a glass of milk
Get a better diet
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.