[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is still about lifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: pic.jpg (85 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
85 KB, 600x800
What's the point? You can lift all you want and in some cases, like when you're fat, you can turn into a beautiful man after you get rid of all the fat.

But for most of us we're stuck with this face that have.

What's the point if we'll never be beautiful?

Yes we'll be fit and in shape and aesthetic but at the end of the day, if you want to be with a beautiful person, you have to be beautiful too (there are ecxeptions but they aren't the rule)

Like they say 8s usually end up with 8s and 5s with 5s

Does this not bother you? That no matter how hard you lift you will never be beautiful?
>>
>>35600032
for strength and confidence knowing I stuck to it.
staying on a consistent diet for 6 months to lose weight gives me confidence and trust in myself that I can be disciplined which is what matters in the long run.

also endorphins after a good workout feels amazing
>>
>>35600032
Fuck you and your defeatist attitude.

Let me ask you this: is your appearance 100% based on your fucking face? No. No it isn't. Not even close. Even if you're butt ugly, you'll still look 10 times better when you're fit.
No, you won't ever be "perfect", but very very few os us ever will. Does that mean we should all just kill ourselves? Do you realize how stupid that is?

On a more personal note I can tell you that I remember looking at my own reflection in the mirror many times and thinking to myself that I was actually pretty fucking ugly. Yet pretty girls have called me hot on many occassions. I still have an ugly face, but I make the most of it. Get a haircut that suits you. Get nice clothes. Get fit. Become likeable as a person. Build confidence.
Your face is ONE thing. Are you doing to let it ruin your life?
>>
>>35600089
>Even if you're butt ugly, you'll still look 10 times better when you're fit.

But how? If you start as a skinny guy and already have low bf then how will lifting improve your face?
>>
>>35600110
I'll ask you one more time, is your appearance 100% based on your fucking face?

Hint: the answer is in the post above.
>>
>>35600089

But a good looking face will let you RUN through the life 1000000x easier
>>
>>35600124
>>35600110
Better question yet: is everything in your life based on your looks? Time to kill yourself if you are this fucking superficial.
>>
>>35600149
this. looks are subjective,
lifting is about self improvement, it is a lifestyle.
achieving goals, being the best version of yourself, feeling good about yourself.
also health.

if you are lifting only to look good to females than your personality is probably a bigger obstacle in having meaningful relationships
>>
>>35600138
OK then stay at home and cry about it if you weren't born with the prettiest face.

>>35600149
True. Although in general I actually think too many people underestimate just how big of an impact your appearance really has. It's not just about getting girls. People respect you more if you're well groomed, fit and wear nice clothes.

It sort of annoys me when I see a girl who doesn't even wear make-up. Or some dude whose mom is obviously still buying his clothes. They're making everything harder for themselves and they don't even realize.
>>
>>35600032
>5's, 8's, derpa derp.
you're the one being the vain retard. maybe if you actually made an effort to improve yourself and took chances with girls when you can you'd have a shot at the mystical beautiful "9" girly that you keep fantasizing about. shit fucking christ.
>>
>>35600176
>underestimate just how big of an impact your appearance really has

Yeah, but you don't necessarily need a pretty face to appear respectable- just like you described it: learn to dress, shower, keep your hair and facial hair in check. Done. You don't need to be pretty, just don't be repulsive.
>>
>Does this not bother you?
what bothers me is your consistent and deliberate attempt to bait people into your pity party about looks on a h e a l t h and f i t n e s s board.
>>
>>35600124

If you go on tinder, do you honestly think youll match with hot girls just because you have confidence and because you dress well?

No its about the face. It's abou t if youre pretty or not
>>
Glad I'm blessed with good genes. Lifting is just an added bonus.
>>
>>35600138
then why don't I know the guy in op's pic? should he be a president or something.
>>
File: has banged over 1000 women.jpg (570 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
has banged over 1000 women.jpg
570 KB, 1280x720
>>35600032
>>
>>35600421

Confirmed retard.

President salary , stress is not worth it.

President is peasant among rich
>>
>>35600291
yea, if you're. a) smiling, look relaxed, look confident, sociable. well dressed, well groomed, fit and in thin, yes you'll pair up with hot girls. will they be model tier? probably not since rarely people are. that's why they're noticeable exceptions.
>>
>>35600435
notice I said or something.
>>
>>35600429
I can bang 1000 ugly fat women as well, but I have high standards
>>
>>35600446

When you say " x or something "

It implies " x or something similar"
>>
>>35600479
or anything of note. which this guy isn't. think about people that are famous and considered hot as fuck, most of them aren't gorgeous model tier people. they have a talent and put a lot of work into their appearance. ryan gosling, hugh jackman, etc.
if you think looks is the only thing that garners respect and success you're very stupid.
if you think looks will keep a partner interested in you you're very stupid.
that's why these threads are stupid, no one is advocating lifting as a cure all life improver, it's just activity that has some benefits.
>>
>>35600538

But lifting IS about changing your looks . It's ironic you promote it as activity with benefits while arguing looks are not all.

Personally the best thing for me mentally was to play basketball against taller , more athletic black guys. It molded me into a winner
>>
>>35600587
>But lifting IS about changing your looks
lifting is about getting stronger primarily. it can also be to sculpt a physique that is aesthetic, no one is advocating it as the only means of self improvement.
people would rather look at a healthy body, so that's one supplementary benefit. if the notion that you'll get "mired" is your ONLY reason to lift than yeah that's pants on head retarded.
>Personally the best thing for me mentally was to play basketball against taller , more athletic black guys. It molded me into a winner
that sounds pretty nice but I'm shy as fuck.
>>
i'll tell you the point you fucking beta cuck
i just got me a qt german gf and it's not my face that got her interested in me, and it's not my money as i'm just another neet loser, but guess what? it was actually my strength and confidence that made her fall for me.

i'm not even the best, placed 2nd and 3rd in a powerlifting and oly meet with at least 20% bf and a 4/10 face and worst of all i'm barely a 5'8'' manlet.

but of course keep shitposting about it here about being an inferior being, pretty sure that will bring your dreams to their knees.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.