[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trainer job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: VhDw0.jpg (25 KB, 448x500) Image search: [Google]
VhDw0.jpg
25 KB, 448x500
Wish me luck, /fit/, I'm getting interview tomorrow to become a trainer in a gym. I promise not to preach bullshit and stay /fit/.

>no homo
>>
That's my dream once I've been training for long enough. Good luck bro
>>
You're gonna be told to preach bullshit or get fired.
Your job isn't to make people fit.
It's to make people stay in the gym and sign up for extra spinning courses.
Ideally you want people who sign up for the gym, then stop going after a week, cause if everyone who was a member actually worked out regularly, the place would be packed 24/7.
>>
>>35599153

Not every gym is club fitness
>>
File: 1322787167961s.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1322787167961s.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>35599153
Actually, what concerns me is that it's kinda shitty gym with a lot of machines and only a few free weights. Not sure if I can lift there myself even for free.
Also
>get fired
I'm not afraid since I already have relatively well-paid job and doing it mostly for hobby and getting outside more often because of picrelated.
>>
>>35599138
>I promise not to preach bullshit and stay /fit/.
You're not a professional sports coach and you won't be working with people whit ambitions. If you want to make money you're gonna have to tell middle-aged moms what they want to hear to make them take book more sessions with you.
>>
>>35599194
Guess what? I won't. I'll be telling the harsh truth and won't shit anyone. Call me stupid or old-fashioned, but I'm not a liar.
>>
>>35599194
if you betray your ideals this easily all you're gonna become is another nobody upholding the status quo of satisfying meaningless corporate interests.
there are plenty of bullshit free PTs out there these days making money. why not do it like them?
>>
>>35599138

Test time bitch

List 5 hammer curls variations
5 DL variations
Most effective ab exercise
Do you whey?
>>
>>35599205
>Guess what? I won't. I'll be telling the harsh truth and won't shit anyone. Call me stupid or old-fashioned, but I'm not a liar.
*Tips fedora*
You are stupid. The best way to get people in shape is to ease them into training and make it seem non-threatening and fun. By telling them "the hard truth" you're just gonna scare away clients. I'll say it again, if you work at a gym your clients will mostly be middle-aged fatties who doesn't really wanna work out, or old people. You're not going to meet that many young people that you can live vicariously through.
>>
File: 1410741184191.jpg (4 KB, 134x153) Image search: [Google]
1410741184191.jpg
4 KB, 134x153
>>35599219
>List 5 hammer curls variations
Nigga, pls.
>5 DL variations
Conventional, sumo, squat-stance (also those weird variations with names I don't care to memorize) and it's more than enough.
>Most effective ab exercise
Probably ab-roller.
>Do you whey?
I do and I also creatine.
>>
>>35599251
>ease them into training and make it seem non-threatening and fun.
I know and I can't see a single reason I can't make it so for them without making a fool of anyone.
>>
>>35599270
>I know and I can't see a single reason I can't make it so for them without making a fool of anyone.
That means you can't put them on SS the first session, you know.
>>
>>35599281
Yeah and I'm also going to need to talk a lot about diet and all that basics. Fucking worst part, but my body is ready.
>>
>>35599251
the way you approach people and the content of knowledge you bestow on them are two differend things, dude. and depending on what kind of gym OP is gonna work at he might have the freedom to be creative in his approach.
and since he doesn't (presumably) have any practical experience in the field yet he should probably go find someone who has the thing he wants and ask him how he got it. or just hope you have room for errors.
>>
>>35599253

Why tf would I want someone training me with that attitude? Keep hobbying bruh
>>
>>35599309
because despite the claims of numerous internet psychologists a few hastily written sentences on some imageboard do not convey much about the character of the actual human being behind them.
>>
>>35599306
It seems, owner is more concerned with the possibility of a trainer cheating her. I got the impression, she doesn't really cares if I'm actually good at the job, which sucks.
>>
>>35599326
then get your knowledge from somewhere else.
first hand experience is always best so do as many workshops and certifications and shit as possible. go talk to trainers etc. in your area, see who has sound knowledge and is willing to mentor you in some way. also read as much as you can and try what works for you/your clients and what doesn't and base your recommendations off of that.

and don't get overwhelmed. try being a trainer first and then worry about being a good trainer.
it's like lifting. you won't start with a 1500 total.

just my thoughts.
>>
>>35599359
Sounds reasonable, I'll try to ask my buddies in the field about how the thing is done.
>>
>>35599323

Youre right, Usually theyre complete works of fiction, especially on Chinese Photoshop help web sites
>>
>>35599138
Everyone preaches bullshit, just remember to stay current with the research and be willing to change your stance if proven wrong.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.