[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ says: Eat unprocessed food. But where the fuck should I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (47 KB, 634x415) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
47 KB, 634x415
/fit/ says: Eat unprocessed food.
But where the fuck should I get it?

>Store-bought "100%" orange juice is yellow.
>If you mix it with sparkling water, nothing really happens.
>Freshly squeezed orange juice is orange.
>If you mix it with sparkling water, it foams like a motherfucker.

>Store-bought "fresh full-fat milk" has 3.5% fat.
>It goes bad after 2 weeks and then tastes absolutely disgusting.
>Real milk has anywhere between 3.8% and over 4% fat and a wad of cream on top.
>It goes bad after 3 days (1 if the weather is bad) and then tastes sour, but still refreshing.

>store-bought bread starts to get moldy after as little as a week even if you store it in a dry place
>self-baked bread just dries out and is still edible with no ill effects weeks later

>store-bought butter is white
>originally, butter is slightly orange

What the fuck are they doing to our food?
And why doesn't anyone care that the stuff we get fed today has nothing to do with what our grandparents ate anymore?
>>
>>35599069

I pull a lot of my own food from the earth/sky. Cheap and rewarding. Years of compulsive masturbation has made churning butter easy.
>>
>>35599083
>churning butter
>masturbation

reminded me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8J3GAg5zaI
>>
>>35599069
>what's the difference between a home juicer that gets the juicer and an industrial juicer that literally turns the entire orange into liquid and then is probably dehydrated and frozen and rehydrated an shit

gee i wonder
>>
>>35599114
Still 100% orange, OP :^)
>>
>>35599069
>Actually using duckduckgo
Nice tin-foil hat desu.
>>
>>35599129
Except for the additives which don't have to be mentioned according to the regulations set up by the food industry itself.

In case you weren't aware: Lobbyists don't just exert influence on lawmakers. They actually write the fucking laws which are then enacted by legislators after being told what's in them by the lobbyists.
The legislators don't even have the time to read all that stuff, let alone write it.
>>
>>35599167
Data and information are a currency now.
I don't give mine away for free.
>>
>>35599172
Maybe in dumbclapisfat, but in real countries if it says 100% X is has to be 100% of X
>>
>>35599201
I know for a fact that this is true in the EU as well.
Cause I work in Brussels.
>>
>>35599069
Are you American?
In the EU food regulations are much stricter (although getting shit after signing a number of commercial agreements with you).
Pretty much anything have to be listed on ingredients.

100% orange juice without additives and sugar is pretty much as good as it gets (let's be honest, you're not gonna make the juice yourself anyway)

The main idea is to get as unprocessed as your free time allows.

I know I'm not going to ever bother buying, washing and cutting fresh spinach, so I buy frozen. Same with orange juice and bread.

>what are they feeding us
it's not that bad you faggot
just don't buy over-processed things.

>hurr durr muh traditional values and quality
kill yourself

>>35599220
I'm interested in seeing a whitepaper/leaflet/whatever on which additives don't have to be listed.
Also, I'd like to know if manufacturers are required to describe they production/processing methods.
Plz respond.
>>
>Store-bought "100%" orange juice is yellow.
>If you mix it with sparkling water, nothing really happens.
>Freshly squeezed orange juice is orange.
>If you mix it with sparkling water, it foams like a motherfucker.

sugar, preservatives, plus it isn't fresh

>Store-bought "fresh full-fat milk" has 3.5% fat.
>It goes bad after 2 weeks and then tastes absolutely disgusting.
>Real milk has anywhere between 3.8% and over 4% fat and a wad of cream on top.
>It goes bad after 3 days (1 if the weather is bad) and then tastes sour, but still refreshing.

I had real raw milk straight out of cow's tit every day when I was a kid. It does taste a lot better (mostly because it's fatter), but when it goes bad it's disgusting. Don't know what kind of store bought milk can hold for two weeks, the milk I buy goes sour in five days in the refrigerator.

>store-bought bread starts to get moldy after as little as a week even if you store it in a dry place
>self-baked bread just dries out and is still edible with no ill effects weeks later

Self-baked bread goes bad just alright. All depends on moisture content and total volume to surface ratio. Slice any bread and spread it out, it will dry out and won't go bad. Big loaves of any bread will go bad due to moisture inside being trapped. Small loaves just dry out.

Friend, I lived in the middle of bumfuck nowhere in Russia in the 90s, back when people had fuck all any money for any fancy store-bought shit and there wasn't much of it anyway. Everyone lived off the land. Everything was organic, free-range, grass-fed and all that bullshit for generations. Even water was organic as fuck, pumped from underground sources. And despite all that, people there were just like they are elsewhere - mostly short, ugly, bad teeth, often overweight.

Don't worry about all that bullshit too much.
>>
>>35599201
yeah in amerifat freedom land 100% x typically means "made from 100% x." Which obviously the juice started as 100% oranges...
>>
>>35599069
Milk
>Pasteurised (heated) to kill any bacteria
>Homogenised (blended) so that the butterfat is mixed in with the watery part of the milk
The reason store-bought lasts longer is because it's effectively been sterilised by pasteurisation, therefore it takes longer for colonies of bacteria to grow and spoil it.
This is actually very important because unpasteurised milk has been known to kill children due to contamination.

Bread
>Store-bought bread is typically kept in a plastic bag
>Plastic bag traps moisture
>Facilitates mould growth
>Homemade bread dries out because no plastic bag, mould takes longer to grow

I have little idea about the juice and butter though. I can only assume the juice has all the pulp and fiber filtered out so it's only sugar water and the butter is mixed with vegetable oil to make it more spreadable. Although I've still only ever seen yellow butter even in stores, so idk.
>>
>>35599256
I'm German.

In the EU, any substance that is put into a food product to aid the production process, and is not "typical" for the food, is allowed in concentrations below 5% of the product's weight, without mentioning it on the ingredient list.
An example are the chemicals used to keep unfiltered "100%" apple juice from seperating into fluid and fruit pulp in the tanks before bottling.

Then there's a black list of all kinds of proven toxic substances which you can't put in.
Some lobbyist-critical groups are trying to get that changed to a white list of substances that are allowed, cause for 90% of the substances there's insufficient data to prove they're harmful.

Yes, the studies are also done mainly by the food industry.
>>
>>35599273
Based russiabro. "Organic" is a meme.
>>
>>35599328
Can confirm. "Organic" is just an excuse to be a lazy farmer.

Source: worked on an organic eucalyptus plantation, shit was awful. It was overgrown as fuck with blackberries and other weeds that would wrap around your legs and shred your shit.
The lowered production rates are offset by the high prices that self righteous hippies pay for the products.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.