[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abs 101
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (851 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
851 KB, 640x1136
I met a professional local bodybuilder and we discussed the importance of hitting abs. He said that a solid v-taper and abs are acquired by hitting them, 3 x a week. He said he personally never did anything more than crunches and hanging leg raises in high volumes (1000+) he also said that deadlifting does not give you a "thick core" with no vtaper. How true is it that you have to hit abs and not focus on low body fat for them to pop out?
>>
Nutrition== 80%
Training ==20%
>>
File: into the trash.jpg (19 KB, 700x479) Image search: [Google]
into the trash.jpg
19 KB, 700x479
>>35598384
>tattoos
>>
>>35598384
Anyone who tells you to do 1000 reps of an exercise can be safely disregarded.
>>
>>35598402
she's a fatty whatda expect?
>>35598384
>He said he personally never did anything more than crunches and hanging leg raises in high volumes (1000+) he also said that deadlifting does not give you a "thick core" with no vtaper.
TOPKEK
>deadlifting doesn't give a thick core
TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
>>35598433
Thick core as in the unaesthetic fridgemode. People keep telling me to give up deadlift if I want a sleek v-taper. He was suggesting v-taper/tiny waist has nothing to do with deadlifts.
>>
>>35598446
>tiny waist
what are you a woman?
>Thick core as in the unaesthetic fridgemode.
these are poeple who have small lats because they never do lat exercises or proper squats which build leg width
>>
bicycle crunches

just do it
>>
Frank zane often did 100+reps on abs and he swears by it

He had a great v-taper
>>
File: Bodybuilders.jpg (39 KB, 550x657) Image search: [Google]
Bodybuilders.jpg
39 KB, 550x657
>>35598384
Zyzz didn't ever hit em. But applying juice rules to natties are stupid.
>>
File: tony.jpg (19 KB, 497x403) Image search: [Google]
tony.jpg
19 KB, 497x403
>>35598462
>>tiny waist
>what are you a woman?

Are you retarded? You're supposed to have a tiny waist you dumbfuck, unless you're going for Big Lenny mode.
>>
What is ab adivice for somebody with love handles and bit of a fat pad on the belly? I have a muscular structure and my shoulders give a v-taper look but barely due to the love handles.
>>
>>35598542

eat clean

you cant spot reduce, abs/handles will be the last things to go in general, just keep training
>>
>>35598532
pecman is the new and improved zyzz
>>
>>35598384
What a bunch of faggots. You two don't even know what a V-taper is
>>
>>35598546
But if I consistently hit obliques abs and mid section wouldn't it at least change the structure?
>>
>>35599814
yeah but you wont see the structure because there's a bunch of fat on the way
>>
>>35599831
Would the fat get out of the way if the area is hit consistently? Like when we hit arms and legs, they shred and come in shape, wouldn't it be the same with mid section? I have maybe 8-10 lbs of fat in mid sectio
>>
>>35599848

It doesnt matter how big the muscle is, if there is enough fat layering it, it will never show. There is no such thing as fat "getting out of the way" its either reduced enough so the outline of your abs is visible, or it isnt.
>>
>>35599848
>spot reduction
No.
You lose fat with a caloric deficit + cardio.
>>
I feel like everyone giving advice itt has never had abs
>dude thin layer of fat lmao
>>
>>35598536
>You're supposed to have a tiny waist
yoo rofl
>>
all of you stop giving iut advice. I hate fit, your all retarded.

Anone posting here on the quest for information should just leave

Fit is for memes and lels
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.