[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright fit I started 5x5 again because I only did it for 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1452406108517.jpg (222 KB, 1200x1332) Image search: [Google]
1452406108517.jpg
222 KB, 1200x1332
Alright fit I started 5x5 again because I only did it for 2 months before and even all my lifts went up but my squat was my weakest lift.

https://youtu.be/jk9qL8CdRAk

I've watched countless of videos and shit but I still don't think my squat is that good.
>>
>>35597886
You're hyperextending your back. Don't. You should also unrack with both feet under the weight. And lose the gloves you pussy.
>>
>>35597919
My hands sweat a shitload I usually only use them for rows. Those are new gloves so I'm breaking them in.

My main concern is that my knees are going past my toes. Is that okay? My wife is doing the same. I'll post her form video in a few
>>
>>35597954
>knees are going past my toes
Isn't a problem. That's a myth.
>>
>>35597954
Drop the gloves, get straps. They will be more helpful with grip and you won't look like a faggot.
>>
>>35598002
My grip is fine. Is just that whenever I do rows the bar moves either to the left or right because my hands are sweaty and then one arm ends up pulling more weight than the other
>>
BTW here's my wife squatting

https://youtu.be/s58VyHgZRf4

Tips on form?
>>
>>35597886
make sure you're bracing your abs (look up valsalva manuever for squats) and make sure you flex your glutes at the top

you should probably increase the weight because it looks too easy

knees going past toes does not matter at all. just make sure your knees are tracking along your toes (your knees shouldn't be caving inwards)

>>35598041
she's divebombing her squats (not controlling descent) and has some bad buttwink

work on flexibility
both of you could try paused squats (pause 3-5 seconds at the bottom, keeping your abs braced using valsalva)
>>
>>35598217
I'm doing SL my max was 140lbs lol. So I'm starting low
>>
Your wife has major buttwink

You hyperextend your back badly

She will hurt herself if she keeps with that

You need to work on hip drive, I think you drive your chest up too early, but I wouldn't have the full picture since it's still lightweight
>>
>>35597886
Start the motion by lowering your but, not by bending your knees.
>>35598041
She's doing it to fast and the back rounds terribly, have her do a more controlled motion minding the back.
>>
>>35597886
it looks pretty decent actually. You are hyperextending your back, probably because you are looking at your face in the mirror or something. Try to look down a bit, so that there is a 90 degree angle between your line of sight and back (if that makes sense). This way your back should be straight.
>>
>>35598240
alright, real form breakdown usually only shows at heavier weights or when youre going to failure but for now pls take the rest of my advice
>>
>>35598285
Alright. I'll post a video of me going to failure next time. Thanks!
>>
>>35597886
That looks fucking garbage. Unrack was fucking retarded, the bar is traveling forward during your lift and it looks as if you're shifting the load towards your toes which you shouldn't do. You don't maintain tension throughout the lift and your tempo seems weird as fuck.
>>
>>35597886
1. when you actually take the barbell off the holder, stand underneath it and pick it up in a vertical motion, then slide one foot back at a time.
2. You have no hamstrings, don't use a bar. Try sitting down on a bench or box without bending your knees at all, then sit up without bending your knees at all. This will teach you how to engage hamstrings and glutes simultaneously. Once you can do this, try doing it slowly. Once you can do it slowly, try only gently tapping the box/bench with your ass and don't relieve your muscles. Think of hamstrings at springs, and you're loading them up.
3. Take your shoes off, you're not allowed to wear shoes squatting until you actually know how to squat. The heels of those shoes are too high and force you to lean over, making you rely on the bottom of your quads to squat.

You will make it, praise zyzz
>>
>>35600935
THIS
PLEASE READ THIS
YOUR LIFT SHOULD BE DRIVING INTO YOUR HEELS
It looks like it's IN your toes.
INCOMING COMPRESSION FRACTURE ON T8 through T12
STRAIGHTEN YOUR FUCKING BACK
>>
>>35597886
this is literally form that would make me stop midrep and talk to a total stranger
That bar should form a straight line up and down. Your back should be straight. Your weight should be distributed on flat feet, more on the palms of them. Your back is so hyperextended forward that your spinal erectors are sustaining the weight distribution instead of just holding you upright. Stand straight. Use your legs. Not just your quads. When you learn how to do this movement properly you'll feel hip drahve and you'll feel like you're being propelled upward.
>>
>>35597886
How can you do it so wrong?
>>
>>35601099
I was doing without shoes but then I got so worried about my knees going past your toes that I started using shoes with a heel again ( I saw a trainer and someone yt put 25lb plates for someone to use as heels to teach them to squat)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.