[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paleo Diet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
So I was gonna start a Paleo diet once I got my next paycheck, but after seeing this article I'm not so sure.

Has anyone here done it? What kind of results can one expect?
>>
No one can help me out?
>>
>>35594282
order of importance for weight gain/loss

kcal > protein > other macros >> everything else
>>
>>35594282
I really hope this is a troll

but I'm drunk so Imma reply anyway

here it is.

>only the stuff that early humans would have eaten
>buys fucking mountain dew

I will tell you what the biggest cancer on human society is. It's soda. Please never drink that shit. It's fucking poison.

Paleo diet may be shit for other reasons, but the reason that guy gained 44lbs is because he drank fucking mountain dew the whole time.
>>
>>35594282
why would you do a paleo, that's just yet another goblin in the media out for your gains
>>
>>35594282
Why?
Eat 1g/lb protein
Eat +- 500 if you want to gain or not
>>
just count your macros you fucking idiot
>>
My friend was always fat, as was I. He got to around 265, and I got up to 245. A year and a half ago he started losing weight from following paleo, and it was great. He lost a ton of weight, so I decided to start losing weight. Since then, he's gotten down to ~160 and then shot back up to where he is now, even heavier than he used to be. I've slowly lost about a pound or two a week and continue to make myself healthier. I simply counted calories, macros, and learned what a healthy relationship with food was. He followed paleo, kept stuffing his face, and when he lost enough weight he got off paleo and never learned how to have a healthy relationship with food

Paleo is healthier than the average american's diet, but that's not saying much at all. If you're fat, you got that way from having an abusive relationship with food. You need to fix that, and you don't do that by avoiding most foods for a certain amount of time. Moderation, not restriction on food types
>>
>Using a diet from a time when the average age of death was 30
>>
>got thousands of dollars to help him lose weight
Jesus Christ. I should have done that shit. It's as easy as eating less

>eating nothing but meat and nuts, like the diet says
Well, that's not what it says. It's very heavy in fruits and vegetables. And it certainly doesn't say to eat highly processed meats and nuts
>>
>>35594282
Wait am I reading this right????
>too stupid to follow actual paleo
>eats shit food
>gains weight
>sets up GoFundMe
>people donate thousands of dollars
>>
>>35594282
Just don't take it too seriously. There are some key points of the diet that are pretty valuable:

>Lower carb intake
Most people eat too much carbs. That doesn't mean you need to go full keto, but maybe stuff like bread is just not that great mostly.
>No added sugars
Sugar is probably the single thing that's most beneficial to drop completely from your diet.
>Food variety
That's a good thing and an easy way to minimize the risk of getting too little micros. Try out all kinds of veggies, fruits, nuts, fish, meat etc.
>Less processed food
You'll eventually learn to cook it yourself and to live without the obscure stuff the industry puts into their food to make it taste better.

Other things don't really make a lot of sense to me in that diet. But it's definitely one of the better approaches to dieting, imo.
>>
>>35594282
one that's not paleo at all legit just a meme post
2nd calories in and out is great nothing wrong with it but hey there is that thing called macos and eating fat helps u stay satisfied with less food. Dunno why that's so hard for people to get but you always hear 'HAHA I WOULDN'T HAVE A CAVEMAN DIET CAUSE I WANNA LIVE PAST 20 YEARS SO I'LL EAT 1900 CALORIES OF SUGAR A DAY XED'
>>
>>35594792
Yeah, it's basically a fancier way of saying eat real food, not fake processed shit
>>
>>35594282
>goes on paleo diet
>eats only food that is prohibited by paleo diet
>concludes paleo diet is troll

0/10 for getting me to respond to bait
>>
>>35594282

What kind of mental gymnastics do you need to do to convince yourself that any of that garbage is fucking healthy?

Besides we dont have any idea wtf paleolithic man ate but its all speculation, but considering we had domesticated dogs over 30,000yrs ago, im pretty sure we were eating anything and everything we could scavenge on top of light farming, not just scavenging alone.

As for my opinion, i lost complete interest when i read that half these idiots wont eat beans. Fucking morons.

Although mammoth steak sounds fucking epic, maybe they are on to something
>>
>>35594792

That sically sounds like eating like a normal human being and not a goddamn farm animal
>>
>>35594282
Most 7-11 beef jerky has more carbs than protein.

not good for low carb.
>>
>>35594738
>got off paleo
Found the problem
>>
File: ice_cream.png (668 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
ice_cream.png
668 KB, 768x576
>>35594282
hey anyone wanna gofund my gaining diet? funds will go directly to food.

... maybe some pot.
>>
>>35595157
>expecting people to be able to restrict themselves to only eating a very small segment of the food available to us for the rest of their lives
This is why so many people fail on these sort of diets
>>
>>35595750
>expecting people to eat healthy when there is so much unhealthy crap available is unrealistic

welp, might as well go get my mobility scooter now and cart on over to the burger barn cause I will fail anyways.
>>
>>35595935
Yeah, because the best way to have a healthy lifestyle that you can keep for life is to completely change your habits overnight and force yourself to be exposed to your temptations you can't enjoy ever again constantly. That totally works

>you can't eat healthy while enjoying processed foods in moderation
>>
>>35594697
he drank diet breh. not a paleo faggot but you've got to pick up heavy things and move around if you're going to have that diet.
>>
>>35594282
>last few pounds
>surprised to find he gained 44 pounds
How the fuck do you gain 44 pounds in 3 months without noticing, if you were only a few pounds overweight to begin with? If he wasn't weighing himself he's an idiot, and even if he weren't how do you not notice that unless you're 100 pounds overweight to begin with?
>>
>>35594697
It was diet.
He got fat because he of the honey covered peanuts. Nuts are super-high in calories, they're good for you but you can only eat a small amount a day. 1 oz of peanuts has 160 calories; one pound of peanuts has 2500+ calories. I could easily eat a pound of peanuts a day plus a ton of other food. and honey roasted would have even more.
>>
>>35595750
All good diets are lifetime changes. If you can't change for good, then there is no point in trying.
>>
File: beans, not even once.png (180 KB, 1099x1003) Image search: [Google]
beans, not even once.png
180 KB, 1099x1003
Paleo is a meme
>>
>>35594282
oooooookay lets put a stop to this right now

this article is SATIRE taken from TheDailyIntrusion
>>
>>35596310
>quoting a random comment in the comment section of a random non paleo blog to try and discredit paleo while talking about how the comment doesnt cite reliable sources.
>>
File: meal.jpg (138 KB, 1664x342) Image search: [Google]
meal.jpg
138 KB, 1664x342
>>35594282
Just follow my diet breh

You'll be super slim in no time

Don't forget to PPL to keep your gainz

Take pics so we can mire you
>>
File: 1426974193497.jpg (34 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
1426974193497.jpg
34 KB, 299x288
>>35594792
>Sugar is probably the single thing that's most beneficial to drop completely from your diet.

Because sugars are definitely not important to the human body at all amirite?
>>
>>35594282
> following meme diets
Make sure to get your alkalised water and activated almonds you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>35596426
>Hurr durr I'm playing stupid to prove that I know that there are different kinds of sugars hurrr
You know what I'm talking about, I'm talking about white fucking sugar. The stuff that's not essential at all to the human body and added to almost everything to get kids addicted to it. Not natural sugars.
>>
>>35596426
>what is gluconeogenesis?
>>
>>35598339
fool
>>
>>35598339
>implying modern science holds any merit
Retard
>>
>stubborn last few pounds of fat
>puts on 44lb, and doesn't notice

How the fuck do you put on 44lb, the weight of a moderately sized dog, without noticing, unless you are already a fat bastard?
>>
>>35598349
>>35598354
>/fit/
>>
>>35598354
>implying we can truly know anything ever
retard
>>
>>35596364
>2 scoops at a time
confirmed never gonna leave humanity behind
>>
>>35594282
>after 3 months Drew was shocked to learn he gained 44 pounds

How the fuck do you not notice something like that a bit earlier?
>>
>>35598398
> the weight of a moderately sized dog
This made me burst in laughter
>>
>>35594762

False. Average includes death by animal attacks, death of mothers at child birth, accidents that become fatal because of lack of medical knowledge etc. Don't fall for the ancient people died at 30 meme. They lived as long if not longer than we do and they were healthier and stronger during that life too.
>>
>people need training wheels for a diet instead of just counting calories (and macros for maximum aesthetics) like a normal human being
Not
Gonna
Make
It
>>
>>35600712
They say that in 1789 the average age of death was 35. Yet they still require presidents to be 35 years or older. Obviously people lived a long time. Similarly look at the ages of the first 5 presidents, and the ages they died at. I believe all in their late 60s and 70s, one of them might have hit 80.
>>
>>35600760
>>35600712
Additionally until about 100 years ago the leading cause of death was external factors, not illness.
>>
File: paz-michael-shannon.gif (499 KB, 500x258) Image search: [Google]
paz-michael-shannon.gif
499 KB, 500x258
do people on the paleo diet know that pretty much all the 'natural' food we eat has actually been domesticated from its wild, borderline inedible form over thousands of years? seriously, if you went back in time and gave a caveman an apple or some almonds he wouldnt know what the fuck they were. in fact, if a caveman discovered some wild almonds growing outside his cave and decided to eat them, hed fucking die because they're poisonous.

paleo-tards need to check this page and make sure they arent eating any of this horrible, modern food - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_domesticated_plants
>>
>>35598339
something that is insufficient in humans on a carbohydrate free diet
>>
>>35600820
If gluconeogenesis is insufficient, then why can people fast for weeks or months?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.