[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to Fix Being Skinny Fat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: gdsgdfsgdfg.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
gdsgdfsgdfg.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
Hey /fit, I'm Skinny fat what should I do?
>>
Eat big get big
>>
>>35591651
By the way I'm 5'9 and 138 pounds
>>
>>35591674
How do I avoid getting fat though?
>>
>>35591651
Slow bulk. 250 kcal/day surplus + starting strength.
>>
>>35591651
1. Lift weights
2. Eat at a caloric deficit
3. Escape in 5 months

t. ex-skinnyfat
>>
>>35591792
I've been doing this since November but it doesn't seem to work, I'll give it until July of this year.
>>
>>35591744
you wont get fat
you look like shit because you have ZERO muscle mass. when you bulk up you'll have more fat sure but a lot more muscle so you won't look like shit, you'll probably look normal.

and besides, it's just stomach fat. your face, arms, calves are all skinny af, so if you're worrying about people calling you fat then don't because even after a lot of bulking you won't get fat on those areas.
>>
>>35591815
>but it doesn't seem to work

It takes time
>>
>>35591918
What should my macros be?
>>
You should read the sticky you goddamn idiot
>>
>>35592079
The key to burning fat and not muscle is enough protein.. .7-1g per lb. of bodyweight.
>>
>>35592164
Doesn't say shit about being skinnyfat brah

>>35592175
That's 140g-980g of protein you know that right?
>>
>>35592191
>doesnt say about skinny fat
Reading level - 0

Confirmed for never going to make it.
>>
>>35591815
You don't look like you've been strength training. See >>35592175, but if you're getting enough protein, then you should have more fun with mastering weight amounts. Increase after you get comfortable.

In the OPic, your shoulders are rolled forward and dropped back, which is improper and an awful habit.

For learning how to roll the shoulders back for proper posture, just turn the hands and forearms forward, and you should be able to roll them back naturally.. same with legs and hips.

>>35592191
>I weight 980 lbs.
No.
>>
File: 1350709406998.jpg (19 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1350709406998.jpg
19 KB, 720x540
>>35591651
I'm on the same boat bro.

I'd assume it has to do with genetics. Some people store fat in their thighs, the lucky ones in their ass/tits, etc. But I seem to store it all in the gut and love handles. Shit sucks man
>>
>>35592217
Posture. Fat cells are basically little balloons, and it follows logically that if they're compressed out, they'll expand.
>>
>>35592215
He said 7-1g which is 140 x 1 or 140 x 7 which is 980g

Unless he meant .7 x 140 then that would make sense

So out of all the information, I should eat at a deficit and have 100g of protein and do strength training exercises, seems doable
>>
>>35592254
you dumbass it says .7
>>
>>35592337
Well the I thought that was a period.
>>
>>35592254
100 grams or protein isn't hard to get. Have a glass of milk with every meal and there is half of it.
>>
Don't cut, bulk.
Once you make some gains you should cut at that point.
Skinnyfats shouldnt cut IMO, their body ends up looking way too empty-looking.

Eat like a monster
Lift like a monster
Boom
>>
>>35592727
Or you could eat at maintenance, but you shouldn't worry that much if it's a slow & clean bulk.
>>
Bulk hard then cut
read the sticky
do SS, dont do GOMAD you retard

fix your posture. You are skinny fat because you have anterior pelvic tilt, mainly caused by sitting all day. Sitting at a computer for hours is the worst thing you can do for your posture. Look up how to fix APT. Lift heavy ass weights. Eat a bunch.
>>
>>35592741
Another skellyfat here, been training for 3 months, but i only started a proper routine and nutrition recently.

What constitues a "clean bulk"? Is 200-300 cal surplus ok? Should i worry about my macros ratio?
>>
I'm 5'6 155lbs
Is that still skinny fat?
>>
>>35592896
No
>>
>>35592896
I'm 5'9 150lbs and I've still got a belt of fat around my abdomen.
>>
>>35592867
Bulk using things like natural calorie-dense foods like nuts, whole milk, cheese, and healthy oils to reach your macros.
A 200-300kcal surplus is a great place to aim for to take it nice and slow and gain minimal amounts of fat while packing on as much muscle as possible.

Macro ratio is important, but not as important as calories in, calories out.
The ratio can vary person-to-person, and you will know what works best for you.
A good starting point is a 40-30-30 ratio (carbs-fat-protein).
>>
>>35592896
Depends on your body fat but sorta. You just need muscle
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.