[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys deal with public speaking anxiety? Public can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: motivation.png (862 KB, 796x633) Image search: [Google]
motivation.png
862 KB, 796x633
How do you guys deal with public speaking anxiety? Public can be small as a 20-person college classroom. Right before I know I must talk, my heart starts beating fast and I just want to leave the room immediately. An almost claustrophobic feeling, I also try to clear my throat and drink some water to prepare for the moment but it doesnt help. Eventually i just say what i have to say
and i just look so unconfident and beta doing it. It's been like this for years but today was the first time I finally came to terms with it personally. It didn't help that it happened today during my first class meeting in a course that it is literally 95% girls.

TL,DR: How do I get over my speaking anxiety?

To make this fitness related, is pic related achievable on diet alone? Or would consistent exercise also be required?
>>
>>35591366
Force yourself to do it a few times and it will become easy. Just like everything- speaking to strangers, speaking to women, fighting, getting naked in front of strangers, etc.
>>
>>35591366
Typically I take homo erotic pictures of myself and post them on the internet. After I get flamed for being such a huge faggot I realize the internet isn't the right place to ask these sorts of questions you fucking retard. Go talk to a therapist.
>>
just pretend everyone is an npc
>>
It happens because you are worried about how people perceive you.

Nothing wrong with it, but you gotta work on your confidence, learn to be sure of yourself, and practice public speaking.
>>
>>35591366
What is the %bf in the second pic? Because I got pretty much the same
>>
>>35591366
Force yourself. We had to go to the blackboard in class to present homework. And I started to volunteer for that shit since nobody else wanted to and this would mean a wasted class where I could learn something.

At first my legs were still shaking after I was done and went back to sit down. Now a few months later it doesn't bother me at all.
>>
>>35591366
Expose yourself to your fear, and do it often. It will suck but it is the only way to beat it and you have to beat it. Go and speak to people in the type of situation you fear at least once a day, and within a week you will se changes. Within a month you can manage.
>>
>>35591415

This. It's what I do.
>>
>>35591415
what's npc?
>>
File: 10 hours in photoshop.png (554 KB, 607x612) Image search: [Google]
10 hours in photoshop.png
554 KB, 607x612
>>35591366
I used to worry about this too in high school but managed to get my shit together in college. Will have to present a paper at a packed conference in the spring, and literally don't give two shits about speaking. The two things you need are:

>to have your material down
know what you are going to present backwards and forwards. You need to be as comfortable with the material as possible, and know it's the best you can do. After that, explaining it is easy. It's sort of like learning a joke. You need to work on it a few times before you have it down pat and it actually works.

>don't give a fuck
the second thing you need to is not care about all the faggots in your class. It might have been easier for me since I'm older and much smarter than my classmates but getting up in front of the room is a piece of cake when you realize all the people you are presenting to don't give a shit or are retarded anyways.
>>
>>35592580
Non playable character in a video game
>>
Practice speaking to anything. Like seriously, anything.
I've practiced speaking to my dog, to a mirror (helps to check your body language and gestures), to my mom, grandma.
You just need to learn that no one cares about you talking. Once you do that, you will stop being nervous.
>>
>>35591415
>implying you're not
>>
>>35591366
Try not to talk about something you really don't believe in. I was shit with school presentations because it wasn't physically possible for me to care less about whatever topic I was presenting. Plus I couldn't swear so then that forced me to rethink my words.
>>
beta blockers, without them I basically have panic attacks in front of everybody but with them it's remarkably easy

I study physics, knowing my presentation in and out isn't enough, if my facts aren't straight then a lecturer will make sure to humiliate me during question time
>>
>>35591366
take a half bar of zanny
>>
>>35591366
exposure therapy

start with smaller groups
>>
>>35591366
Google ToastMasters.
>>
>>35591366
On this, how the fuck do I lower inhibitions? I want tipsy levels of... not even confidence, just a t lacking anxiety and inhibition... without drinking.

How do I achieve?
>>
>>35593792
Toastmasters
How to win friends and influence people
Practice
>>
too much bicep and traps amirite?
>>
>>35591494
19-20>>35591494
%??
i only say that cause im 17 and he looks a bit chunkier than me
>>
>>35593463
Xanax just doesn't work for me.
All it does it make me really sleepy but good Ole nervousness is still there.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.