[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
H-hold me /fit/ >Go to doctor last week because of shoulder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: MjAxMi02NjNiZDAwYjU1OTExZmEw.png (49 KB, 420x294) Image search: [Google]
MjAxMi02NjNiZDAwYjU1OTExZmEw.png
49 KB, 420x294
H-hold me /fit/
>Go to doctor last week because of shoulder pain
>Checks me out, refers me to an orthopedist
>Go to orthopedist
>More movement tests, decide I need an MRI
>My shoulder is completely fucked up
>Need surgery
>Will not be able to lift for 4 months after the surgery
>Even then I won't be able to do real shoulder or press work for possibly 6 months post-op

Anyone survive shoulder surgery with their gains intact?
>>
At least you can train your legs
>>
>>35590707
do you have slightly shoulder pain or a severe pain that impedes you to do things?
some doctors prescribes surgeries for everything without esitation, especially in countries with medical welfare.
go to some other physios, you may not ever fully recover from a shoulder surgery, use it as a last stand
>>
>>35590750
Severe pain that limits my range of motion. I can't raise my arm to my side above 90 degrees without it feeling like a hot nail is being driven into my shoulder.
>>
>>35590707
Shoulder surgery veteran here,

Yup, you're going to lose your gains.
Recovery is very slow, had to start using lateral raises with 2kg dumbells.
I still feel my shoulder when incline bench pressing and going low during dips.

Be safe anon
>>
>>35590777
>>35590750
take my advice with a grain of salt, i'm still a nobody on a walnuts aficionados iranian board, but seek other medical opinions if you can afford it, surgeries really sucks
>>
>>35590786
PTfag here, this is accurate. And the first week post-op is not going to be fun, as you're more used to using both your hands than you think (even if you're surgery is on your non-dominant side)
>>
SLAP tear here.

Went ahead and had some other stuff fixed with the surgery as well. Clavical bone tip ground down (it was ruined), bone spurs of of the scapula, bursitis.

Recovery sucked. Surgery in september, full use by late december. Strength took a while to come back after that.
>>
>>35592152
Your*
What do you think about using growth hormone related hormones for recovery?
>>
>>35590707
incline bench?
>>
>>35592693
This, and landmine press
>>
>Will not be able to lift for 4 months after the surgery
Never trust this stuff. It's like with milk, they say it will go bad in a few days but really it's closer to a month. Start off easy and if it hurts take a five.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.