[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of 5x5 stronglifts? Is it good or a troll routine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: I_wish_i_had_tried.jpg (146 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
I_wish_i_had_tried.jpg
146 KB, 1280x960
What do you think of 5x5 stronglifts? Is it good or a troll routine?
>>
>>35589116
just started it, i feel great desu.
yet my DL form is probably lacking, but oh swell.
>>
>>35589116
Decent all in all. I like Starting Strength better and I like Greyskull Linear Periodization even better than that.
They all work though.
>>
>>35589116
It a troll routine and everybody knows it. The author of SL just rode the hype train of SS and made a shit routine. Do Candito or greyskull
>>
>>35589180
>wanting to be a fat fuck
NOPE
>>
>>35589289
>That one troll who sits vigilant on /fit/ all day and night, patiently waiting for his chance to spew the "SS makes you fat" meme.
Imagine if you applied the same work ethics to other aspects of your life?
>>
No, it's garbage. What you should do instead is take the Starting Strength program, and substitute barbell rows for the power cleans.
>>
>>35589116
Kek this always gets the people who did SL up in arms, but here it goes:

- SL has you start with babyweights. It will take you forever to actually start getting stronger. SS, on the other hand, tests you on the first workout and let's you kickstart progression.

- SL has you add 2.5kg on every workout. This will make progression incredibly slow on the beginning, and incredibly hard after a month or two. SS, on the other hand, has you add as much as 8kg to your deadlift on the first few workouts, for example, and it eventually lowers progression on certain lifts like the ohp and the bench to 1kg per workout. This means you will not get stuck on the 50kg-ohp-deload-loop everyone who does SL gets stuck on

- SL was "written" (aka copy pasted in a retarded manner) and without any thought behind it) by a marketing team with zero coaching experience, and is targeted towards couch potatoes. SS, on the other hand, was written by an ex-professional athlete and a coach with over 3 decades of experience

- SL only has you work your floor pull 1.5 times per week. SS has you work floor pulls 3 times per week, 1.5 deadlifts and 1.5 power cleans. This means you will get stronger on your deadlift doing SS, since you will be training it a lot more

- SS trains both strength and power, and it trains your traps a lot more with the power cleans

- SL has you do barbell rows, while SS has chinups. Chinups are a better back-builder as the range of motion for the lats is way longer. Not only that, but chinups will give you good biceps development, while rows won't. Only reason you should do rows instead of chinups as a beginner, is in case you can't do bodyweight chinups and the gym doesn't have an assistance machine

- It's way easier to finish 3x5 sets with perfect reps than 5x5 sets with perfect reps. Not only that, but doing 5x5 will exhaust you before the next lift

- SL tells you to deload too much. SS, on the other hand, only tells you to deload if it's 100% necessary
>>
>>35589867
>SS, on the other hand, has you add as much as 8kg to your deadlift on the first few workouts, for example, and it eventually lowers progression on certain lifts like the ohp and the bench to 1kg per workout. This means you will not get stuck on the 50kg-ohp-deload-loop everyone who does SL gets stuck on
what is the source for that though? I've read the second and third edition of SS and never found anything about that. neither did I find anything about the different stages of SS progressing towards TM. where do you get that information?
>>
>>35589948
I got this information from a cross-dressing pretty-boy twink who posts on a contraband Serbian deodorant-trading forum, so how about you back the fuck off!!!???
>>
>>35589867
Even the (albeit slightly modified) version of SL in the sticky has you do rows.
>>
>>35589867
>- SL has you do barbell rows, while SS has chinups. Chinups are a better back-builder as the range of motion for the lats is way longer. Not only that, but chinups will give you good biceps development, while rows won't. Only reason you should do rows instead of chinups as a beginner, is in case you can't do bodyweight chinups and the gym doesn't have an assistance machine
SL guy here, can i seriously swap my barbell rows with chin ups?
>>
>>35591710
PLEASE ANSWER ME I NEED TO LEAVE IN 5 M AND I DON'T WANNA ROW ANYMORE I HAAAAATE MORE THAN CARDIO!
>>
>>35591710
>>35592047
Do rows for fuck sake
>>
>>35591710
Do both you faggot.
>>
>>35589867
This guy is pretty much spot on, although I found out after doing SL. The thing I never understood about SL is that when you stall, it has you move to 3x5 instead of 5x5. Why the hell then would you waste your time doing 5x5 if you can progress just as easily doing 3x5? Maybe I'm missing something there.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.