[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Squat form I squat with dumbbells since my gym only has them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Attach0.jpg (82 KB, 500x658) Image search: [Google]
Attach0.jpg
82 KB, 500x658
Squat form

I squat with dumbbells since my gym only has them plus machines. My friend has no trouble with squats, but every time I go down, I keep my back straight and it makes me stumble or almost fall backwards. I can't seem to squat without falling unless I lean forward (flat back) and push my butt out. If I try to do it with a straight back, I have to push my arms forward or get on the balls on my feet in order to get ATG without falling.

Is this a common problem? It feels impossible for me to do it without overextending my knees or falling over.

Advice for how to fix this and not fall over also? Thank you so much.
>>
Lower faggot. No but srsly get a barbell and do real squats. Also work on your mobility and rom. You shouldn't ever be on your tip toes when you skwat unless you wanna win a vacation to snap city.
>>
>>35588523
Sounds like your going to an old folks / haes gym.
You need a new gym faggot. Who tf squats with dumbells lmao.

OP, post pic so we can all laugh at you. #kekkekfuckingkek
>>
File: 1447445700605.jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1447445700605.jpg
40 KB, 480x360
Thinking of you squatting
>>
>>35588549
>>35588611
Alright, but do you have advice for how to do it with dumbbells for the time being?
>>
>>35588662
Work on balance and flexibility. You should be able to go all the way down with your back straight and not sticking out your ass. When you can do that your doing it right. Also goblet squats instead of whatever your doing as is loads weight more evenly across your body. Than when we can afford it do real squats.
>>
>>35588733
That sounds good, thank you
>>
I'm currently up to 2 plates on my bb squat, but recently whenever I come back up from a squat I feel a sharp stinging pain in my lower right back. its weird because it's only that side that hurts, anybody know what can cause that?
>>
>>35588662
Dude, whereas I have never squatted with loldumbells, I think it is safe to assume the form used would not be equivalent to that of using a barbell.

Also, what will you do once your weight progresses to a point where you cannot throw the dumbell up?

Even squatting a moderate 180lbs, how the fk you going to lug up two 90's my friend?
>>
>>35588662
use a dumbbell as a goblet and do goblet squat

works good enough
>>
Iktfb

I can only squat 30kg barbell and it's a struggle to keep good form
>>
I had the same problem minus the dumbbells. It's most likely your lack of ankle mobility and tight hamstrings/quads. Foam roll each area before working out. Find the most tender part and apply pressure and hold for at least 60 seconds.
>>
>>35588523
Do them on the smith machine. Most bitch gyms like yours should have one, unless you're going to an apartment complex gym or something. In that case, get a job, get a real gym, do real squats.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.