[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm cutting but even if I eat noticeably less, I still don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1449254885614.jpg (88 KB, 949x960) Image search: [Google]
1449254885614.jpg
88 KB, 949x960
I'm cutting but even if I eat noticeably less, I still don't cut as much as I want.
Note I only drink water, no sugar / sweets and eat 3 meals a day and no snacks. I still consume some 2200 cals mostly because I eat a lot of cheese and a big portion of my meals contains cheese products. I would like to do a 1700-1800.
This being said, where is easier to cut from? I would want to cut from lunch and leave dinner and breakfast as they are, but what do I know?
I also eat dinner an hour or two before gym, at 5-6 PM or so, and I don't eat anything else for the rest of the day (I go to sleep at 10-11).

I could probably cut from dinner a bit if I only eat like an orange / banana instead of a normal meal, but is it really ok if it's the last thing I eat, and it's at 5 pm then I go to the gym?
>>
>>35587614
>tfw no ciri gf
>>
The human body can go without food for months before dying. Eating enough/everyday isn't really even that important, just drink a lot of water.
>>
>>35587614
That looks like Ciri if she smoked a crack rock the size of Mt. Rushmore.
>>
>>35587623
the only liquid I drink is water and I drink 2 l a day easily.
>>
>>35587631
>implying she doesn't do that on a daily
>>
>>35587633
>>35587623
OP again, but even so, I still want to consume a maximum of calories. Like I know the human body can survive on as much or as little as you can eat, but I still want to put a limiter on how much to eat. From where is easiest to cut? Breakfast is a ritual for me, but otherwise I can go pretty much the whole day without eating and not feel any overwhelming hunger.

Should I just do that?
>>
Supposedly, if you get enough protein you won't lose muscle. I'm not sure if there's a line between the maximum amount of safe protein consumed and any potential amount of spent energy. Though, it shouldn't have any special effect if you cut from any specific meal. You say you eat lots of cheese. Why. Replace it with a full plate of vegetables and some meat or a protein shake. If you git gud at flavoring foods, it should always be more appealing than just cheese. For protein shakes and cakes, stevia is a decent recommendation.

I get this, and it tastes like a vanilla sugar candle smells:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MGWEZQ
Protip, it's (from) a plant (that's 300x sweeter than sugar).

>Several studies show that caffeine can boost the metabolic rate by 3-11% (10, 11). Other studies show that caffeine can specifically increase the burning of fat, by as much as 10% in obese individuals and 29% in lean people (12).
-- http://authoritynutrition.com/top-13-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coffee/
This could obviously increase available energy from fat. The key is still enough protein though.
>>
>>35587766
How is it safe to completely replace a meal (dinner) with a protein shake?
I 100% don't eat enough protein a day. As for cheese, cheese and milk products in general is BY FAR my favorite food. Nothing will ever come close to it regardless. And I also have a virtually unlimited stock of cheese because a bro of mine has a farm and I get free anything I want anytime. Everything natural and made by the farmers. I just got a 5kg cow cheese wheel yesterday. Should be enough for a while.
>>
>>35588042
typo. I wanted to ask

>So is it safe to replace a meal with a protein shake?

yes or no question
>>
>>35587623
Can you replace water with milk for bulking?
>>
File: proatein.png (9 KB, 607x205) Image search: [Google]
proatein.png
9 KB, 607x205
>>35588042
>>35588077
^_^

Carbs signal insulin, which increases uptake of tryptophan (serotonin, melatonin, etc.), so it's helpful to put some honey in it. Just as well, it's a decent idea to get some of the P for ATP. So, "it depends" ..on nutritional value of other meals.

Here's my breakfast. I eat about 6 of these, as I have a home barbell and bench and will eat before and after lifting some. I am also getting a cup of coffee before the morning lift for performance increases, throughout the day probably a gallon of water (including meal prep), a multivitamin or few, C (from real food) and K, and stretching (which increases muscle mass potential, circulation, etc.). I'll maybe substitute or add beans at dinner, soup, or so.

You can potentially feel that you need protein or not. If you can tell, from having a protein shake, that thermogenic feeling, you can accurately tell when you have enough. Obviously, "protein hunger" tends to literally feel colder. Obviously, straight protein powder has like 120 Cals., which is miniscule.
>>
File: 1gDoses.png (848 KB, 1260x1302) Image search: [Google]
1gDoses.png
848 KB, 1260x1302
>>35588116
>replace
I wouldn't. Water is fucking great, but so are antioxidants. Some water and cinnamon or cloves literally feel good, and most probably don't get enough antioxidants anyway.

Gotta watch, though.. the cinnamon in most stores is supposedly toxic.
https://examine.com/supplements/cinnamon/
>>
>>35588235
Nice breakfast. It looks pretty filling and at 566 cals, some 500-600 lunch and a little less dinner, I can safely achieve that 1700-ish cals a day I'm looking form.

>I eat about 6 of these

6 at a time or 6 throughout the day? Even so it's some 3k cals and I'm fat enough to -not- do that.

How about I simply replace my dinner with a protein shake?
>>
>>35588306
Throughout the day, before and after getting some exercise.

>replace my dinner
Depends on the protein, sorta. I got up feeling really hungry this morning on that same meal plan, probably because whey isolate isn't complex to digest like, e.g., casein. Also, even with "meal replacement", the idea is still to get a meal out of it with proper micros.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/protein-types-best-for-you.htm
>>
>>35587617
I feel you breh
>>
>>35587617
>wanting a lesbian fishtech addict whore
fourty keks
>>
>>35587614
>No scars
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>35587631
so normal ciri then?
>>
>>35589475
>not wanting a lesbian fisstech addict whore

what are you? a faggot?
>>
>>35587614

I've found that it's way easier to cut down on meals earlier in the day. I don't know if it's just cause I have more willpower or what but I can skip breakfast and lunch no problem but I love having a big dinner and being satiated before going to sleep.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.