[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many cheat days do you allow yourself per month? I can usually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 11
File: epic-cheat-.png (451 KB, 500x410) Image search: [Google]
epic-cheat-.png
451 KB, 500x410
How many cheat days do you allow yourself per month? I can usually get away with five, and still drop about 8-10 pounds.
>>
28-31
>>
File: 1432881021594.jpg (84 KB, 1000x440) Image search: [Google]
1432881021594.jpg
84 KB, 1000x440
>>35586974
>>
>>35586974

you realize all a cheat day is, is a way to delay your progress, right?
>>
>>35586974
I don't get how you can have a full cheat day, hell I have a cheat meal seldomly and I feel like shit after
>>
>>35587006

not everyone is a friendless virgin who doesn't ever go out on the weekends with their friends/girlfriend.
>>
>>35587024
>>35587006
My cheat days are only about 5,000 calories. It only sets me back about one and a half day of progress.
>>
>>35587003

>HUEERRWW A CHEAT SINGLE CHEAT MEAL WILL RUIN MUH IRON LYFE BECAUSE I HAVE NO SELF-CONTROL AND WILL DEVOLVE INTO EATING LIKE A PIG AGAIN!
>>
>>35586974
I allow myself one "cheat day" per week.
On that day I do 300 cals worth of cardio, substitute breakfast with a shake, skip lunch and eat my entire TDEE for dinner.

Feels fucking great to be able to stuff my face with burgers during a cut. Usually I don't even manage to eat the whole 2k Cals so I end up on a deficit still. And even if I do, I'm not hungry till afternoon the next day, so I end up with the same deficit no matter what.
>>
>>35586974
zero, at some point, after doing a diet for so long, your sense of taste dulls down and you are just fine with whatever food that is part of your diet.

And then you wonder why you valued taste in food so much anyhow, because you know that there is more to life than food.
>>
>>35587033

so you are that weak that you have to eat like a pig, and cant focus on eating clean to get fit sooner?

and you are a bitch cause of a girlfriend?

I see
>>
>>35587064

awesome man.

whats the date of your show?
>>
>>35587048
youre not gonna make it
>>
>>35587064

you realise your argument is definitely the more pathetic one, right?
>>
ITT: eating disorders
>>
>>35587073
huh?

>>35587086
How so? I am fine with not consuming junk food. No cravings anymore either. Not for sugar, not for fatty foods. Not for anything really anymore. Though I still have taste, I still use seasoning, sauces like marinade on my food. I still eat healthy and fine. But I no longer crave premade storefood/junkfood. I havent eating anything sugary for over half a year now and I dont really miss it.
>>
>>35587064
My experience is the opposite.
My sense of taste and smell improved and I now actually like the taste of healthy unprocessed food, while I almost gag from the sweetness when I take a bite out of a store-bought cake or candy.
>>
>>35587117

to what end.

you have no show, you have no deadline, you have no tangible goals.

nigga you could die of cancer in a month, for all you know you have a melanoma on your back right now that you won't notice until its already metastasised and they'll tell you the only options are palliative.

life isn't keeping that close an eye on the score.

sure eat healthy, avoid overly processed food, but let yourself have a little fun on the weekends.

> in b4 hurr durr goals hurr durr muh fitness.

don't be the guy that needs to bring his own chicken breast with him to dinner.
>>
>>35587150
Well shit, my taste for candy and sugary things has decreased though. I find the smell less alluring, the taste more bland. Though I have to admit, my taste for normal things has improved in some ways. Just not for the sugary things and I dont know if I would like the taste, because I havent eating sugary things for half a year. But I feel no reason to try them out. Nihilism on food, ha.
>>
>>35587048
yes, that's it exactly.
>>
>>35587150
Same here man, I also noticed how fucking salty shit like pizza and fast food actually is.
>>
>>35587117
>But I no longer crave premade storefood/junkfood. I havent eating anything sugary for over half a year now and I dont really miss it.
about five years ago i switched from regular peanut butter to natural, and now i cant stand the taste of regular PB anymore. it tastes like peanut icing, in all the worst ways.
>>
>>35587167
>all these presumptions
>all of this projecting

dude, do you even know that other people exist on this planet? Or did you think that your solipsism is the only thing that counts?

You are dumb, but let me humor you with one post to explain it a bit.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/oct/16/sugar-soft-drinks-dna-ageing-study
>sugary foods increase DNA aging

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/08/13/sugar-alzheimers-disease-link.aspx
>sugary foods increase alzheimers rate

My goal with a proper diet is to reduce the chance of diseases. Because who would need an increase of a chance to die off in his life? Well not me.

http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/features/mind-diet-alzheimers-disease

The only sad person here is you, who thinks that food is so important, that all of the other things in life must move aside for it.

Lol cuck. Dont even bother replying to me, you have the stench of a low IQ degenerate on you.
>>
>>35586974
Zero.
The only exceptions to my diet are due to unavoidable external factors, like Christmas' dinner with parents and relatives and... well, that's pretty much it.

Furthermore, I enjoy my diet.
I can't grasp the concept of "cheat day", but again I'm not a merkin so I will never understand the joy of
>>35587062
>being able to stuff my face with burger
I blame the lack of food education in that bizarre country.
>>
>>35587224

first of all, nothing in the post is projection.

neither are there any presumptions.

you are asked why, you are reminded life is fleeting and unpredictable, and therefore it's ok to partake in some of its pleasures.

benefits of eating healthy are conceded, but you are reminding that you should partake in life while you still have it.

your clinging to the notion diet guarantees vitality misguided, you might avoid disease, you might not, no guarantees.

while accusing others of low IQ make sure you first know the definitions of the words you attempt to use as criticism to avoid looking as stupid as you do now.

have a nice day.
>>
>>35586974
just eat it knowing what you eat.
like if you eat pizza, eat like a slice or two, not a whole pizza, then count how many calories you eat in that pizza and substract that amount off your daily calorie intake. Is not a loop hole tho, just do it when you dont want look like an autist in a party or something. also programing cheat days is stupid.
>>
>>35586982

This.
>>
>having cheat days
>not maximizing your metabolism for 3-3.5k Cals
>>
>>35587043
The fuck nigger. How fat are you?
Let's say your tdee is 3400kcal, and you're on a 400kcal deficit.
When you pig out one day and eat 5000kcal. That's 5 days worth of cutting
>>
ITT: A bunch of weirdos fixating on fitness for fitness' sake like a bunch of obsessive autists.

If you're living a lifestyle where you can't even occasionally go out for a night with your comrades or teammates from an outdoors crew or sports team or SOMETHING and share drinks and greasy food and debauchery, your fitness literally has no purpose. Half the fun of doing cool, fit things is getting drunk with your mates and boasting about your deeds like assholes. It's just part of being a Man.

You can draw certain lines, sure, like deciding that sweets are objectively shit and a burger is better anyway. Or deciding that an entire day of pizza and instagram pics dedicated to "cheating" without even necessarily making a real event of it is pretty corny and gay. But if you think being 100% clean 100% of the time is the only way to go because "muh goals", you're an absolute loser and achieving your goal is only going to intensify your body dysmorphia anyway.
>>
When bulkling maybe once every two weeks.

On a cut none because it's just wasting your time.
>>
File: pancakes.png (38 KB, 766x1423) Image search: [Google]
pancakes.png
38 KB, 766x1423
>>35587342
Not him, but eating a huge-calorie diet and not gaining weight is more rewarding than eating sugary foods at all and getting insulin and leptin resistance (and not feeling full).
>>
>>35587985
>projecting
>>
My cheat days are always within caloric goals

My cheat days usually mean I get some junk food like a kebab
>>
>>35588011
Your life sounds so dull and sad bro

And i bet you dont even look like you lift
>>
>>35586974
>>35587048
>HURR IM SO FAT THAT I CAN EAT 5 CHEAT DAYS A MONTH AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT!
>HURR IM SO FAT THAT I SEE MY FOOD AS SOMETHING TO DERIVE PLEASURE FROM SO I MAKE SURE TO EAT LOTS OF SHITTY HIGHLY REFINED SUGARY FOODS A MONTH SO I CAN FEEL GOOD CAUSE IM A FAT DISGUSTING PIECE OF SHIT AND EATING HEALTHY IS TORTURE!!!
>>
>>35588045
stay weak with your cheat days. You are only cheating yourself
>>
>>35587985
>not gonna make it: the post
>>
>>35587167
>health and fitness isn't it's own reward bro live a little and eat a candy bar!
>you might have cancer bro (however unlikely since youre really taking care of yourself) so live a little and eat a candy bar!
dumbest shit i ever read
>>
>>35588045
>Your life sounds so dull and sad bro
What if I told you you can derive excitement from things other than simple carbohydrates and salt?
>>
>>35587006
It can be a way to improve progress, too.
Unless your diet is 100% perfect (which is impossible) you're missing out on some micros in your daily grind.
Eating something completely different once in a while allows your body to re-stack those.
It's also in line with our genetics to cycle periods of limited food with feasts. That's why traditionally the year is divided into fast periods and holidays (which the Christians copied, but are much older).

But feel free to ignore nature, society and friends while sticking to your time table. Chances are you won't be able to keep your perfect diet for, say, 20 years, while mine takes my social life into account so there's no reason to ever stop it.
>>
>>35588005

It's not projecting when they're openly admitting, self-righteously asserting, even, that their "goal body" is the sole object of their intent. They stylize themselves as Shaolin monks of fitness, just replacing the martial arts with lifting stats and bf% measures and replacing the meditation and enlightenment with shitposting and some equally-elusive notion of "making it" that supposedly happens when the aforementioned stats get good enough.

But unlike the monks, they are never happy, because their entire approach to living life is all about deferring being truly alive until the day they "make it" and then letting body dysmorphia and endlessly-shifting goalposts do the rest.

>>35588067

You're not gonna make it either. If being fit, pushing your fit body in sports and adventures, and having fun with the people you do it with isn't enough for you to feel like you or anybody else "made it", you're fucked for life. You might as well be in a cubicle 60 hours a week, putting off life until you feel like you have "enough" money. It's just a hamster wheel of insecurity and you will be cocooned until you're entombed.
>>
Its kind of stupid to schedule a cheat day, I don't understand it at all. Why would you want to set yourself back on purpose? Some days you go out for drinks and get drunk food and go way over your caloric limits. This is fine because it doesn't happen regularly.

Also, cheating regularly reinforces the habit of cheating, just making it harder to stay on the diet.
>>
File: 1452500440830.jpg (11 KB, 240x196) Image search: [Google]
1452500440830.jpg
11 KB, 240x196
>>35586974
>I've quit smoking and have made awesome progress and have shown remarkable discipline so once a week I'm going to reward myself by smoking a carton because I deserve it!
>fatty logic
>>
>>35588227
Cheat days are something people do if they have no social life IMO.
So they "schedule" days where they still sit alone in front of their computer, but eat more.
And then they take pics of their meal (with the keyboard visible in the frame) and post them on /fit/, along with:
>how's your cut going?
or something similar, so they can feel like they're sharing their meal with someone.
>>
>>35586974
About 4 or so a week. I maintain so it's whatever.
>>
>>35586974
Once a a week I have pasta the night before my most intense workout. Sometimes I eat dirty but never more than my daily calorie goal. After cutting for 5 months I have developed the hungry skeleton stomach where I get sick if I eat over 1000 calories in one sitting.
>>
File: waiting.png (833 KB, 641x933) Image search: [Google]
waiting.png
833 KB, 641x933
>>35586974
> tfw food
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brWKmlmvlic
>>
>>35588227
I find it helps with motivation, since I really enjoy things like pizza and beer and knowing I can partake in them once a week makes a diet a lot easier to be on. I've tried and failed numerous times to lose weight by cutting out junk food completely, only to lose focus and binge - which essentially destroys my motivation because I feel that I've failed.

By having a single day where I'm allowed to have junk food, I can easily eat steamed veggies, lean chicken, yogurt, allbran, etc every single day without growing tired of it. It's like I only need to be on a diet for 6 days, then have a single day where I can indulge, then get back at it the next day. Having a treat once a week isn't going to undo all my progress, unless I manage to eat 6500 calories all at once, which I simply can't do. I've managed to drop 40lbs by doing this, and am continuing at a steady rate of 1.5lbs a week.

Everyone is different, and one diet won't work for everyone. If you can enjoy having nothing but healthy food 24/7 with no room for a bit of chocolate here and there, then good for you. If you need to have a little reward here and there in order to keep you on track, then good for you.
>>
Former fatty here. Lost over 150 lbs.

For me and I imagine many other former fatties, cheat days were a futile attempt to hold on to the past of that shitty high carb/cal "feel good" diet you craved when the other half of you wanted to get/feel better and lose weight, and every cheat day you allowed yourself made you want to go back to that shitty "feel good" diet high in energy spiking simple carbs and lots of sugar until eventually you surrendered and had your cheat day everyday.

To build a new lifestyle, sometimes you just have to kill off the old one entirely.
>>
I hope thats not a dude that wrote "beeyotch"

If it's a chick I'm guessing she ate one slice of pizza and 1 donut and was full
>>
>>35586974
Cheat meals are fine.
an "EPIC CHEAT MEAL BEEYOTCH" is part of the mindset that eating a lot somehow makes you manly, which will lead to failure.
>>
>>35588420
except you can cut by eating pizza and beer if you are smart about it
>>
four. but i still stay in a deficit, i just drink an arizona iced tea and have some chicken nuggets. im not hard to please.
>>
>>35588667
Yes, you can be smart about it and have that stuff once a week. A bit of a cheat on your diet. A 'cheat day' of sorts.
>>
>>35588667
yeah if you're fat enough

try doing that at 15% bf without feeling like shit and being constantly hungry
>>
>>35587972
this.

I'm on a 1300kcal deficit, and if I go 5000kcal cheatday it sets me back more than 2 days. pretty unlikely that OP is cutting more than that.
>>
Three month ketofag. I've had two actual cheat meals, and a couple others when family visited over the holiday that weren't junk but probably threw me out of ketosis because bread.
>>
>>35586974
Eat whatever you fuckin want m8 as long as you stay on track. If you need it for motivation purposes or some shit then just subtract some cals during the non cheat day and slap them onto your cheat day so you can pig out fatty.
>>
>>35590325
this. i don't understand this meme where you faggots restrict yourself to eating nothing but chicken breast and rice
>>
>>35590388
most effective against feeling hungry
>>
>>35590388
>i don't understand this meme where you faggots restrict yourself to eating nothing but chicken breast and rice

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_addiction

taking part in a cheat day is to a food addict like taking part in happy hour is to an alcoholic
>>
>>35588046
Second one is actually me, a week into my diet and still going strong, but oh the pain.
>>
>>35590388
welcome to the world where macros and calories have big impact on your appearance/performance
>>
>>35587342
Not him either, but you got fucking REKT. Your reply was weak, inane, and not relevant.
>>
>>35587996
you seriously log Stevia ? You really must have some psychological issues dude.
>>
>>
depends on how you define a cheat meal. if I eat a steak instead of chicken breast I don't really see that as a cheat meal because it's still good food. The same with pasta or so, sure there are better carbs out there but is it really a cheat meal ?

I basically have 1 cheat meal a day but like I said above some people might not even see that as a cheat meal. I like having a home made burger for example, if you get higher quality beef, go easy on the sauce and cheese and don't add tons of fat and bacon it is reasonably healthy I would argue.
>>
I'm heavy cutting right now after christmas/new year pigging out and anticipating a fucking massive cheat meal for the superb owl

any other time of the year I'd maybe have one cheat meal a month that sets me back a day, but probably once every couple months
>>
File: filthycasual.jpg (25 KB, 467x325) Image search: [Google]
filthycasual.jpg
25 KB, 467x325
>>35586974
>How many cheat days do you allow yourself per month?
>>
>>35587985
I sort of agree with this

At some point, all those gainz/weight loss has to be put towards something fun and indulgent

otherwise you are living a monks life
>>
>>35588433
Fatty here (6'0" 290lbs)

Please outline how you lost weight
>>
I allow myself one cheat meal a day. But I don't go full retard and eat like a pig the whole day.
>>
>>35591783
I mean a month. The fuck.
>>
>>35587003
Fuck
>>
>>35587006
Mad for dem social gainz tho senpai

Should try it some day
>>
File: 1451957218753.jpg (42 KB, 500x488) Image search: [Google]
1451957218753.jpg
42 KB, 500x488
My cheat days are usually having dinner with people but still being under my calorie intake.

1754 cal ain't so hard but the gains Goblins keep trying to get me to eat and drink shit and act weird when I decline.
>>
>>35591797
Was about to say bro hahaha
>>
File: 13857818787.jpg (14 KB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
13857818787.jpg
14 KB, 400x449
im bulking and my cheat days are when I'm eating too little, always doing a little bit of whey then though
2-3 times a month at the most
>>
File: refeed.jpg (165 KB, 1852x1389) Image search: [Google]
refeed.jpg
165 KB, 1852x1389
One time a week after 40 hour fast .

Lots of calories
>>
>>35586974
>How many cheat days do you allow yourself per month
anyone wanna see the results? I also never brush my tooth
>>
>>35586982
What about February?
>>
i tried to cut last year

from september to november i lost like 25lbs, was 295 ended up in 270ish give or take.

however the strength within me had waned, my lifts had stalls, the gains had disappeared

so the bulk slowly crept back

my PR's returned, i made all kinda of gains, reps, weight, sets you name it

i'm currently the strongest i've ever been

but the cut needs to return

but my lifts /fit/, my lifts, how do i stay motivated on the cut whilst my lifts wither and DIE /fit/ PLEASE i need your meme magic wisdom, i'll even turn to dark meme magic plz fit help me
>>
>>35587996
>nothing but oats and flax seeds
disgusting
>>
>>35586974
I cheat every damn day and im still shredded.

Dat carb cycle

Dat watching meals

Dat daily training

I eat cheats on top of my planned meals. not gonna lie my bf isnt super low but im not competing. I just look in the mirror and if i dont like were im at I cut for a short time until I lean then back to growing.
>>
Uhh I don't have cheat meals. It's stupid and degenerate
>>
>>35586974
I'm a vegan so 1500 calories is enough.
>>
>>35592290
>being this fucking stupid.
>>
File: pol.jpg (136 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
pol.jpg
136 KB, 546x700
>>35593675
>degenerate
>>
>>35587003
What a fucking buzz kill. Unless your literally competing in a bodybuilding competition in the next 2 months it literally doesn't matter to adhere to a diet this strictly. There are so many other joys in life to take in along with getting strong, developing your body and all that. The amount that a single bowl of fruit loops will effect you or a slice of cake, bowl of ice cream or w.e once in awhile is nothing.

What a silly post.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 119x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 119x125
>>35592372
>270 lbs
>decides to "bulk"
>>
>>35586974
Only if I'm going out for dinner with friends or something. Those days I'd skip lunch and eat like an apple for breakfast.
>>
>>35587985
Yup, unless you're making money off of it there is no point in eating perfectly all the time.

What is the goal of "making it" if not to enjoy your life and experiences with others? If I cant hang back with my friends, eat some pizza, go out and drink with girls and feel worried if I eat a burger, where would I derive my real pleasure in life from?
>>
>>35586974
Two. And it's a cheat meal.
>>
>>
1 cheat day a week is more than a week's worth of cheating in only 2 months. Have some fucking self control.
>>
4 cheat meals not cheat days
>>35595537 teach me your way
>>
>>35595583
OP says days
>>
>>35587972
If you tdee is 3400 you could fucking halve that in order to have your cheat meals because 3000 fucking calories is not cutting unless you're on fuckin tren
>>
Every day I lift is a cheat day.

L2 targeted Keto.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.