[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No one told me cheese was just fat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9
Is there a food worse than this for getting /fit/?

I just had about 50g of cheese on a sandwich (white bread) and my myfitnesspal basically shit itself with all the saturated fat.
>>
for every gram of fat you also get a gram of protein

C'MON
>>
Saturated fat isn't 'bad for you'; that theory comes from outdated studies on sedentary people where they replaced saturated fat with monounsaturated fat.

Also cheese is like 25% protein.
>>
>>35586703
>le fat is bad maymay
>white bread

Sure is new years in here
>>
>>35586703
>still believing dietary fat has something to do with bodyfat
>still believing the "saturated fat is bad" myth
White bread is 100x worse for you than any kind of cheese you'll find in a grocery store.
>>
Eat some high quality grass fed cheese. It's nutrient dense, delicious and healthful. I eat about 2 or 3 ounces a day. No reason you can't make it fit your macros.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 456x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 456x750
Fuck bread. Nutrient-barren fluff and a sure fire way to spike your blood glucose. Like, there's literally nothing to gain from eating it, except for fat. Fucking pointless.

Shame it's a one-way ticket to Flavortown. Bread, you delicious bastard.
>>
>>35586781
b-but muh healthy vegan diet with cancer-inducing carbohydrates and accelerated aging...
>>
>>35586703
Bread isn't worth the calories unless it's good bread.
Cheap 800g white bloomer loaf from Tesco is just trash
>>
>>35586808
even "good" bread is basically just a lump of sugar with a pathetic amount of fiber, one of the worst things you could put in your body
>>
Bought some zero fat Feta at the grocery store.

It is pretty decent considering it is only 35 calories for 1/4th a cup and is mostly protein.
>>
File: dinkelvollkornbrot.jpg (293 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
dinkelvollkornbrot.jpg
293 KB, 1024x680
>>35586781
>he doesn't eat home baked whole grain spelt bread with oats on top in moderation.
>>
>>35586832
>zero fat
you realize how unhealthy that shit is?
>>
File: Harzer Cheese.jpg (58 KB, 1169x508) Image search: [Google]
Harzer Cheese.jpg
58 KB, 1169x508
>>35586703
>1% fat
>no carbs
>all protein and flavour

There are so many god-tier foods you Murricans miss out on.
>>
>>35586840
>still eating cancer fuel
>2015
>>
>>35586847
please tell me what is inherently unhealthy about zero fat feta.
>>
>>35586865
There are studies coming out which show that full fat cheeses are protective against metabolic syndrome. They're also more nutritious, replete in fat soluble vitamins when compared to lower fat cheeses. These same studies have shown that low fat and fat free dairy do NOT confer protections against metabolic syndrome.

Eat your full fat dairy and enjoy it. It isn't 1992. Saturated fat was never bad for you.
>>
>>35586851
>Stinks like something died in your fridge
Nah man, Harzer is just disgusting.
>>
>>35586840
Moderation is the steadfast murmur of mediocrity.

Stay pleb, bae
>>
>>35586865
zero fat = chemical cocktail of cancer

fat = healthy, optimal source of fuel
>>
>>35586912
>Moderation is the steadfast murmur of mediocrity.
The /lit/ in me wants to beat the shit out of you for writing that.
>>
>>35586898

How many grams of saturated fat a day is ideal?

Is every other type of fat to be avoided (trans or monounsaturated for example)?
>>
>>35586898
Not him but:

"There are studies coming out..." is not something I'd wager my health on.

My advice is:
>base your diet on what your great grandparents ate (except if you're Irish lol)
>about 0.7g/lb protein
>everything else in moderation
>don't eat the same stuff every day, or every week
>>
>>35586936
avoid trans fats at all cost.
get enough Omega 3.
otherwise, don't worry about it.
>>
>>35586703

Cheese is pretty calorie dense, yeah...but any source of fat is going to be. Egg yolks are pretty fucked.

Doesn't mean they're unhealthy...it just means it'll throw off your macros.
>>
>>35586936
unsaturated fats are very important, as partially essential (the body can only produce some unsaturated fats, not all of them). You should make sure that at least a third of all fats you consume are unsaturated (which is not really hard).

You should generally avoid transfats.
>>
>>35586749
I was going to say the exact same thing. Are you me?
>>
>>35586952
It just means you have to eat less to be satisfied.
If you don't inhale food like a pig, you'll notice when you're getting full.
And fat is an important factor in satiety.
>>
>>35586966
You can't really inhale food unless you have a carb-rich diet. Fat and protein fill you up fast.
>>
File: 5677565768.jpg (206 KB, 1348x1050) Image search: [Google]
5677565768.jpg
206 KB, 1348x1050
You need quality cheese like this, don't get the cheap stuff is all
>>
>>35587031
that looks like fucking butter
>>
>>35586966

>It just means you have to eat less to be satisfied.

yeah, fat plays a role in satiety...but it's a lot easier to blow your daily calories out of the water by eating fatty foods than it is by eating protein or carb rich foods.

9 kcal per gram, bro. it's just math.
>>
>>35587031
Huehuehuehue
>>
>>35586703
blue cheese has 7grams of protons with fat and 210 cals. Checked last night. Plus serving size is huge
>>
>>35586760
Dietary fat does have an effect on body fat.

It makes you so fucking full that you can't stomach enough food to hit your macros when bulking.

>Kill me
>>
>>35587138
plus taste size is also huge. a little of that stuff goes a long way.
>>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3285478/Cheese-really-like-crack-Study-reveals-food-triggers-brain-drugs.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25692302

cheese triggers opioid receptors
>>
>feel when cheese is your kryptonite

I could literally sit with a board of great cheese and bread and crackers all day happily munching it all down. God i fucking love cheese.
>>
>>35586760
>still believing the "saturated fat is bad is a myth" myth

Get ready for your heart attack
>>
>>35587501
> cheese triggers opioid receptors
That's very misleading. It triggers dopamine receptors, just like having sex, or doing a sweet set brah.
>>
>>35586703
cheese is a great source of b12, calcium, and protein
>>
>>35587841
>typical clueless vegan response
>>
>>35587841
>he said while pouring saturated coconut oil on his oats.
>>
>>35586851
>literally can't find this in any western supermarket
Quark is good enough though
>>
>>35587923
>things you can get from anywhere else
>>
>>35586726

>Saturated fat isn't 'bad for you'; that theory comes from outdated studies on sedentary people where they replaced saturated fat with monounsaturated fat.

Don't say dumb shit
>>
Spain has best cheese, best bread, best oil, best meats and best wine.

Just come live here and stop working against the flow.
>>
>>35589519

> Spain
> working

Hmmm.
>>
>>35586703
I have a cheese that is 4g of protein per 10 g

should i eat it?
>>
>>35586703

It depends on the cheese, goats cheese has a higher protein/fat ratio than cheddars, knob cheese and human smegma has the highest ratio naturally and science is still unsure what american cheeze even contains.
>>
>>35589519

The bread is terrible!
>>
http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/NutritionCenter/HealthyEating/Frequently-Asked-Questions-About-Saturated-Fats_UCM_463756_Article.jsp#.VpVNJFNrVEI

>There’s a lot of conflicting information about saturated fats. Should I eat them or not?
>The American Heart Association recommends limiting saturated fats – which are found in butter, cheese, red meat and other animal-based foods. Decades of sound science has proven it can raise your “bad” cholesterol and put you at higher risk for heart disease
>Significant science on the subject came out as recently in November. That’s when the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology issued new diet and lifestyle guidelines that recommended limiting saturated fat to 5-6 percent of total calories. The guidelines were developed by some of the nation’s top scientists, who for five years studied existing research to help healthcare professionals treat their patients.

>When you hear about the latest “diet of the day” or a new or odd-sounding theory about food, consider the source.

Too many people on /fit/ have a HAES mentality about saturated fats. They'll google "saturated fat is good for you" and gobble up blog posts that pander to them and claim that professional health institutes are all involved in a conspiracy to hide the truth.
>>
Tfw the rest of my diet is good but I just can't say no to Brie.

Never gonna make it.
>>
>>35589604
>american heart association
>believing shills shilling for vegetable oil and margarine companies
lmao
>>
File: images[1].jpg (9 KB, 212x237) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
9 KB, 212x237
>>35589890

>it's a conspiracYYYYYYY
>>
>>35589604
>blog posts
http://m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2010/01/13/ajcn.2009.27725.abstract
>>
>>35586703
>he think saturated fat is a bad thing
low test beta male detected
>>
File: cherry picking.png (84 KB, 645x986) Image search: [Google]
cherry picking.png
84 KB, 645x986
>>35590373

Blog posts that cite this exact meta-analysis and pretend that it's a summary of all the evidence on saturated fat, and that it changes everything we thought we knew.

In reality the paper hardly covers anything and was heavily criticized when it came out

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/92/2/458.long
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/91/3/497.full

>It is well established that saturated fat intake is associated with increased concentration of serum cholesterol (4), and that serum cholesterol concentrations are associated with CHD and CVD (5). Therefore, serum cholesterol concentrations lie on the causal chain between saturated fat intake and CHD and CVD and to adjust for serum cholesterol concentrations in a meta-analysis will obscure the effect of saturated fat intake on these health outcomes. Yet 7 of the 16 studies included in the meta-analysis of CHD events, and 4 of the 8 studies included in the meta-analysis of stroke events, were adjusted for serum cholesterol concentrations. These studies accounted for nearly half of all CHD and CVD events included in the meta-analyses (see Table 1). Adjustment for serum cholesterol concentrations will inevitably bias the estimates of effect of saturated fat intake toward the null hypothesis.

Here's a set of videos that breakdown most of the studies involved in the meta-analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Tx9dCbv-g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wi9dzkTiU4

The study only exists because the National Dairy Council paid for it to be made, and one of the authors (Ronald Krauss) also takes money from the Cattlemen's Beef Association and the Atkins Foundation.
>>
>>35590526
>implies cherry picking
>proceeds to cherry pick
you're a special kind of retard aren't you?
>>
>>35590612

In what way am I cherry picking? What do you think cherry picking means?
>>
>>35590406
>implying saturated fat increases test
Where's your evidence?
>>
File: 1280px-Graukäse.jpg (175 KB, 1280x980) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Graukäse.jpg
175 KB, 1280x980
>>35586703
You gotta go for that grey cheese, it's literally just protein and tastes awsome!
>>
>>35590526
>i have zero reading comprehension: the post
the "heavily criticizing" articles you posted simply supply unexplored paths not taken and questions not answered

they don't necessarily disagree with the study's findings

go shill your low fat vegan lifestyle somewhere else c u c k
>>
>>35590674

>the "heavily criticizing" articles you posted simply supply unexplored paths not taken and questions not answered
>they don't necessarily disagree with the study's findings

Ahahahahahahaha, absolutely not. Maybe your idea of disagreement would be to reply with "get fucked, kuck faggots" but that's not how scientists talk to each other. They point out huge flaws in the study's methodology and bring up all the other evidence that links saturated fat to heart disease that the authors didn't consider, which also led to some of those flaws (not considering in their analysis thats saturated fats raise cholesterol and that adjusting the data for cholesterol concentrations would fuck up the associations) even though it's simple stuff that anyone doing this kind of analysis should have already been aware of.
>>
What if I mix whey and milk and dry it? Could I get whey cheese?
>>
>>35590781
>huge flaws in the study's methodology
oh like not exploring the effect of replacing saturated fats with carbohydrates?

get fucked kuck
>>
>>35586963
Yes, get my hand out of my pants (no homo)
>>
>>35590830

Touched on recently by Harvard in this article that also quotes Frank Hu who was one of the authors of the meta-analysis you posted

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/butter-is-not-back-limiting-saturated-fat-still-best-for-heart-health/

>People who replace saturated fat (mainly found in meats and dairy foods) in their diets with refined carbohydrates do not lower their risk of heart disease, according to a new study led by researchers at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. On the other hand, those who replace saturated fats with unsaturated fats (found in vegetable oils and nuts) or whole grains lower their heart disease risk.
>“Our research does not exonerate saturated fat,” said Hu. “In terms of heart disease risk, saturated fat and refined carbohydrates appear to be similarly unhealthful.”

Even the author of that study doesn't agree with the way people are using it say saturated fats are fine.
>>
>>35586703

are you a fucktard american or something?

400 calories of REAL cheese here in europe gives about 32g protein.

Some of the really fatty ones though give 16g or so per 400 calories.
>>
>>35589519
Think you mean Italy, Spain is good too though
>>
>>35590880
you should make a trip and call yourself rawveganshillcherrypicker so i can filter you
>>
This is thread is reaching dangerously cheesy levels. All I'm seeing is bearmode eating blocks of cheese between sets and vegans with artichoke buttplugs doing squats.
>>
>>35586840
>>35586781
>he doesn't eat Ezekiel 4:9
>>
>>35591020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U
>>
>>35591080
>south park
you have to be 18 to post on this board
>>
File: 1440451917046.jpg (160 KB, 1024x698) Image search: [Google]
1440451917046.jpg
160 KB, 1024x698
>>35589443
>>
>>35586797
>being so buttblasted about the existence of an ethic-ruled diet you don't follow you have to bring up the subject everytime you antagonize something
just become vegan, bro. it won't hurt you.
>>
>>35587907
That's literally mainstream media for you.
>>
>>35586703
learn to get some quality cheese, faggot

stop eating sliced american cheese then realizing you're eating shit
>>
>>35591608
this fucking faggot can't even noko right jfc
>>
>>35586703
What's the big deal, sometimes I eat 300g cheese
>tfw living in cheese master country
>>
>>35591449

>ethic-ruled diet

Yeah... right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPayTWlAQ0k
>>
>>35591695
>hurr, someone got pied, bad diet, unethic!
>there's no problem with killing sentient beings unnecessarily though, my ethics is straight as a ruler
lol
>>
>>35591732
>Amoral beings deserve moral considerations
Nope
>>
>>35591806
>moral beings should rule themselves with correct morals
yep
>>
>>35586854
What do you eat everything causes cancer you should kill yourself because your own body causes cancer
Captcha bread
>>
>>35589539
Kek they're the next greek
>>
>>35591821
>Correct morals
>Amoral beings deserve moral considerations
Want to try again, because you said nothing that in any way proves a point.

Also
>Correct
>>
>>35591914
I am capable of having morals and standing for them. Animals are not.
Wild animals do what they have to do to survive, that's their morals, and on their circumstance, it's correct one.

It's not the actions themselves that are wrong, it's the circumstance.
The two circumstances are very different and beyond 'comparison'.

Today, the only reason humans kill animals is lust. It's no longer a need. To kill under that circumstance is not correct.

An animal kills to eat or when threatened, it has no choice.
And you can trust a wild animal on that, I tell you.

Remembering, to chose against itself is not a choice. Nature punishes anything that carries that trait in its 'instinct'.

But one have to be really dumb to be unable to understand something so basic.
>>
>>35592100
>Wild animals do what they have to do to survive, that's their morals
Do you know the difference between instincts and morals? Or do you use the two interchangeably to give off the illusion of stupidity?

>only reason humans kill animals is lust
Food, sport, pests, to protect human lives, clothing.
I am starting to think it isn't an illusion.

>kill under that circumstance is not correct.
Based on what? Your completely subjective morality but yet you speak in absolutes.

>Nature punishes anything that carries that trait in its 'instinct'.
Isn't your entire premise based upon humans superseding natural instinct?
>moral beings should rule themselves with correct morals
Yep, yep it is.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.