[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>lift heavy >look good >get accused of over-compensating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: gains goblins.jpg (50 KB, 468x286) Image search: [Google]
gains goblins.jpg
50 KB, 468x286
>lift heavy
>look good
>get accused of over-compensating

Compensating is the single most damaging word people use in regards to young men and teenage boys. It is constantly used by people to stop men, and it's always used against boys and men never women or girls, from achieving things.

>work hard at being good at a sport, hobby or literally anything
>Well, must be overcompensating for being stupid!
>he might be book smart but he isn't street smart.
>Probably has a small penis as well!
>Why can't he just be happy with himself like everybody else?
>Why does he think he's so special!
>I think someone might be overcompensating!
>wonder what he's compensating for?

It's disgusting tall poppy syndrome crabs in a bucket bullshit, and i'm sick of people using it to stop kids and even adults from trying.
>lol what a tryhard!
>yeah, well i never actually try hard so when i fail i can say i wasn't even trying!

If you aren't passionate about actually trying at life, i almost feel sorry for you, but then you try and tear other people down for daring to try at something, so i hope you die knowing you wasted your life by not caring.
>>
>>35584847
I think its a misuse and misunderstanding of the term.

If a car is heavy and you want it to go fast you compensate with more power.

There's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>35584869
But that's not how people use it

You lift and work out?

Well you must be compensating for your small penis! so give up, accept yourself and stop trying just like us! or else i'll tell literally everybody that you have a small penis, and work out 5 hours a day, and are unpleasant, and have no personality
>>
What is this a manlet thread?
>>
>>35584847

>compensating manlet detected

In all seriousness, I agree. I think it's a consequence of everyone today being lazy and having a beta mentality
>>
>look how big his cock is
>he must be over compensating for a small penis.
>>
>>35584916
I just laugh at those kinds of people as they are clearly insecure.
>>
When people see their own faults (laziness, lack of ability to change) in your ability to improve your faults, they attack.

If it wasn't the phrase "over-compensating" it'd be another word flung with just as much venom.
>>
>>35584847
Maybe they are just jelly of not having selfdiscipline
>>
>>35584847
they are jealous and are trying to drag you down to their level. You should feel significantly better about yourself if someone says you are "overcompensation" for doing any kind of sport.
>>
I actually eat barely any carbs to compensate for my average peen. Looks a lot bigger now that my stomach is flat.
>>
>>35584847
Stop surrounding yourself with crabs.
>>
>>35584847
Those people have a shit mentality. You're better off not associating with them. Their problem is that they don't necessarily have a problem with improving yourself, they just have a problem with you becoming better than them.

Like anon >>35585079 said. Chances are they're seeing you do things they wish they could (or are unable to do), and instead of being a credit to humanity by encouraging and supporting you, they lash out and try to bring you back down to their level.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.