[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realise alcohol is fucking stupid? brb killing gains,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 13
File: iStock_000006395094Large.jpg (637 KB, 3547x1386) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000006395094Large.jpg
637 KB, 3547x1386
When did you realise alcohol is fucking stupid?
brb killing gains, getting hangovers, doing dumb shit just to fit in/have confidence because you don't have any when you're sober
>>
Calm down
>>
>>35581932
It's retarded and a waste of time and money.

Yet I can't bring myself to stop. I've spent $390 on Bourbon since Christmas day..
>>
>being salty over people consuming a macronutrient you don't like

never gonna make it ever
>>
I realized after two years of lifting. I made sick gains in the first six months but never put on any more muscle after that. I trained like a sick cunt but i drank too excess every night. Now i probably have one drink every two months.
>>
>>35581932
>wah stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>35581932

I have 12 beers every Saturday night you mad I'm not an aspie?
>>
>>35581932
>have confidence because you don't have any when you're sober

This is the only reason to drink for me. Feeling confident is fun
>>
File: 2a6.png (296 KB, 600x578) Image search: [Google]
2a6.png
296 KB, 600x578
>mfw I go to the club / bars blazed and have a way better time then I did drinking
>>
>>35581932
Alcohol is just the cultural way of "Waah I'm too bad at expressing muh feelings when sober"
>>
Every day....

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kiefer+alcohol
>>
>>35583807
woops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJBAjofTTiE
>>
>>35581932
I still drink from time to time. I actually just brewed a batch with my brohon today. Had a single beer while we brewed. Every once in a great while I'll go ape shit and drink until the nights over.

Drinking is fun sometimes. I wouldn't want to do it every night or every week for that matter. Every so often tho I have a great time getting hammered with friends and family.

Working out is great I do it EVERYDAY. 4 day strength training, 3 days bjj/thai, stretch daily, mobility exercises, cardio and what ever else I seem to feel I need to toss in. I eat planned meals as well.

At the end of the day you've gotta be human imo. You've gotta enjoy life and the different foods, drinks, entertainment, etc... Life's short...working outs great and probably benificial but again you've also gotta be human.
>>
I'm drinking a Red Stripe right now, fight me OP.
>>
File: goal.png (703 KB, 1080x1073) Image search: [Google]
goal.png
703 KB, 1080x1073
I try to narrow it down to no more than 1 day a month of allowing myself to drink, even then not to a great excess.
inb4 only manlets get shitfaced, real men know their limits
>>
After I got a DUI and substituted going to bars with going to the gym

1.5 years, haven't drank and driven since, and only drink socially one day a week

feels a lot better
>>
File: 1303534577935.jpg (52 KB, 364x366) Image search: [Google]
1303534577935.jpg
52 KB, 364x366
>26
>want to stop boozing so much
>try smoking pot
>holy fuck why didnt i do this a decade ago
>>
>>35581932
after the first few times of legally drinking at 21, i didn't even have my first drink until i was 19 so i think i did alright

sometimes i drink to drown my feels though. at home, alone, with the phone and computer turned off
>>
>>35581932
I agree op it's dumb
>>
>>35584747
smoking pot and becoming a lazy, uninteresting hippy is far better than drinking alcohol and socialize
>>
>>35583843
This.

It's hard when you constatnly treat your body like some machine you can bend to your will but that shit aint good for your mind in the long run brah
>>
>>35586381
>these are the only two options when it comes to weed and alcohol

Just fuck off
>>
It's like a reward system for me. I lift 5 days a week so if I get up, get my ass to the gym and lift heavy, I don't feel bad having 2-3 beers on a Saturday night. Not getting shitfaced anymore honestly feels good after about 5 years if heavy drinking.
>>
>not drinking occasionally i excess so you can be healthy most of the time but still not be a boring cunt

>>35586455
m8 it should be the opposite, if you lifted heavy then drinking alcohol will fuck up your recovery. I make sure not to lift if I'm planning on going out in the evening.
>>
>>35586477
Nigga you don't understand.

>>35586477
I'll lift on monday-friday then rest sat and Sunday. Saturday is when I'll drink no more than 3 beers. It may not be ideal but I used to drink 5-10 beats every 3 days
>>
>>35586381
that's only when you let yourself go. When you still do your everyday's work it can be much more fun and interesting when being stoned.
>>
>>35581932
Alcohol was my go to cutting food, as it kills my appetite and as long as I made sure I didn't drink too much or anything shite (whiskey masterrace) I could easily loose all the fat I needed on it.

Yes it has fucked up my liver in the long run. Currently eating and living very clean and hoping it will recover.
>>
>>35586381

I go to the gym stoned all the time. I like being active when I'm high because it helps with the relaxation aspect of get fit. You sound like the type of guy who doesn't like anything.
>>
File: irdrugs.jpg (6 KB, 218x231) Image search: [Google]
irdrugs.jpg
6 KB, 218x231
>>35582114
What the fugg
>>
>>35586608

so you are the guy who smells like shit and takes 10 years to lift

fuck off
>>
File: 1.jpg (81 KB, 720x583) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
81 KB, 720x583
>>35581932

I drink on pretty much every single one of my days off to relax and it's never done me (or my gains) any harm.

> vodka & Pepsi max master race
>in b4 'I only drink single malt vintage whisky' fedora fags
>>
>>35583410
>counting all twelve beers
>not an aspie
>>
>>35584034
Real MVP shit. Similar, but less dedicated here. Got a DWI, and decided to have exactly one standard martini per day/night. When I go out with friends, one drink every two hours, so I can DD
>>
Currently doing dry January. Until now really didn't realise how bad my drinking had gotten. 12th day in and my sleep patterns are so much better and my skin has visually improved. Not to mention the amount of empty calories I must have been consuming, add on to that the hunger for shit food alcohol gives you.

I'd like to think I could never touch the stuff again and I really hope I can stick to that
>>
>>35581932

I did some hard drinking in 2015 and I work at place with a bunch of retarded people who get drunk on the weekends and go back into wage slavery.

Frankly I don't mind the stuff at all but it's a bloody waste of money when you buy it every weekend and a good way to keep yourself at scrub level for the rest of your life. I really will miss my Scotch Single Malts but it's probably best if I just stick to being selective about it.

But you're right, even if I could afford it, it turns you into a weak bitch if you drink it too much.
>>
>>35581932
A few years ago. I never go out anywhere anyway, so I quit altogether. It's not really about health at some point, it's much rather of taking control for it's own sake.
>>
>>35581932
you know that you dont have to drink yourself unconscious every time you start drinking right? it is possible to have a couple of drinks and call it a night.
>>
File: 1.jpg (43 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
43 KB, 479x720
>>35587350

>scotch single malts
>>
ITT: gains goblins defending the gain draining liquid jew
>>
>>35587968
No, most people are negative towards it. Read the thread dude.
>>
>>35582258
>alcohol
>a nutrient

Literally wat
>>
I used to drink heavily while I was at it but I noticed I get pretty agressive. So I cut my consumption to maybe a six pack per night which works nicely. I drink about once a month or two.

Also if I decide not to drink then the whole night is:
> OH MY GOD WHY DONT U DRINK FAG
>GET SOME SHOTS YO
>MAN WTF WHY ARE YOU WITH US IF YOU DONT DRINK
>>
>>35581932
Since I quit uni my diet nor exercise regime has changed but I've packed on muscle. Drinking about 20 units on a night out (twice a week) was killing my body.

But damn do I miss it.
>>
>>35584747
Same. No hangover, doesn't kill gains, cheaper. Feels amazing post workout, helps with soreness and inflammation/tendonitis
>>
>>35581932
*tip*
I don't partake in alcohol either, fellow gentleman
>>
>>35586381
>le lazy uninteresting hippie meme

When will this die it's 2016 lol.
Get off 4chan gramps.
>mfw all the regular stoners I know are working professionals/college grads
>>
File: RAQzTHW.gif (2 MB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
RAQzTHW.gif
2 MB, 400x320
Why do women get so fat from alcohol consumption? Why don't they know any moderation/have self control?
>>
File: 1419562616764.png (189 KB, 483x481) Image search: [Google]
1419562616764.png
189 KB, 483x481
>tfw I rarely drink so my tolerance is constantly pretty low
>tfw the most alcohol i've had at one time was 3.5 shots of 151
>woke up drunk the next day, but didn't wake up hungover
>tfw I've never been hungover or vomited from alcohol consumption
>>
>>35584747
I kinda want to shift more from alcohol to pot because I hear about the relaxation, no hangover etc. which sounds like a good deal but then again I've tried weed once (as pot brownies) and I was high for like 36 hours, at my peak at 4am I was watching The Croods and I couldn't understand a single fucking thing and every time the camera zoomed in or out it felt like the TV was travelling at fucking warp speed towards or away from me, so I kinda just want to stick to alcohol
>>
>>35588436
>high for like 36 hours
Fucking hell, how much pot was in that thing?
>>
>>35588411
Most drunk I've ever been was after a bunch of 151 shots. I don't remember anything from the night and woke up on the floor next to a garbage can full of vomit. At least I hit the can
>>
>>35588436
>all this dumb shit you wrote
This is not a blog for 15 year olds.
>>
>>35588436
Edibles are incredibly strong and long lasting. It's much more powerful than just a single bong rip. No one would just have edibles constantly, you'd be baked out of your mind 24/7
>>
>>35588447
A lot, I consumed somewhere between 2.5 and 3 grams of brown on my own. I fucked up to say the least

>one hour after eating my first brownie, feel nothing. Eat some more
>two hours, okay I think I took too little because I can't feel anything and my friends are starting to feel good. Eat a good deal more.
>three hours, I feel a bit distant but my buddies are fucking spaced out and I'm not there AT ALL. Eat more brownies
>4 hours in feel a bit more distant but whatever
>5 hours in and my brain is fucking melting, literally EVERYTHING is too hard to comprehend and I'm floating in empty space
>>
>>35581932
When I had to eat a quick dinner to get to the bar on time, then spending almost $200 on drinks/uber, then being hungover for the next two days, then trying to workout and cant even get close to my working weights, and ended up fucking up my shoulder.
>>
>>35588493
I'm 19 friendo ;^)
>>
>>35588250
say you're allergic to it or something...
>>
>>35588607
what are you 12?
>>
>>35583624
This so much! Going out blitzed used to make me so shy and paranoid but when I quit being a little bitch I had such an amazing time. Better than drinking imho.
>>
i grew up with an abusive alcoholic step father so tend to avoid drinking now unless its to celebrate something and even then 2-3 beers and im done.
>>
>>35581932
>killing gains
bullshit
>getting hangovers
>doing dumb shit
teenager detected
>>35583513
>have confidence because you don't have any when you're sober
>This is the only reason to drink for me. Feeling confident is fun
am I the only one who doesn't feel more confident when drunk?
>>
>>35588720
:(
>>
File: 1440875368373.webm (2 MB, 732x480) Image search: [Google]
1440875368373.webm
2 MB, 732x480
>>35583807
>kiefer+alcohol
it was not what I expected
>>
>>35588343
>>35588436
>hangover
how hard is it not to drink alcohol on an empty stomach and also drink a lot of water?
>>
Ciri is qt af>>35588238
Literally carbs bro
>>
>>35588838
STANDING
>>
>>35583817
I don't believe a single fucking thing this guy says.
>drinking alcohol helps women lose fat on their thighs
such fucking bullshit
>>
>>35581932
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23470309

>imma just leave this here to kek the shit out of everybody.
>>
I grew up drinking, because I live in Newfoundland. Now, at age 24, most of my friends continue to drink 3 or 4 nights a week, usually about a dozen beer or a 26 of liquor.
I have mostly given up drinking to excess. I still occasionally have a beer at night and I drink during the Christmas holidays (usually still get on with daily drinking shenanigans from about December 23 to January 2), a bit more than normal in the summer, and on special occasions (ie not just "the weekend" but if it's celebratory, usually once every 4-6 weeks). Moderation has helped me enjoy alcohol more, require less of it to become intoxicated, and pace myself when I'm drinking so that I can get that "soft" thinking feeling without losing control or blacking out.
>>
>>35581932
If you don't like it, don't drink, but don't tell others what they should or shouldn't do. I don't come over to your work and slap the sailors cock out of your mouth
>>
Stopped drinking 8 months ago but still go to bars. win/win
>>
File: 1448354638994.gif (3 MB, 300x273) Image search: [Google]
1448354638994.gif
3 MB, 300x273
>>35584747

>try edibles for the first time
>hour in don't feel shit
>double the dose
>suddenly high as fuck
>guess it takes 2.5 hours to kick in for some people
>keep getting higher
>"Jesus Christ!"
>mind detached from body
>takes 5 minutes for body to make any movement when I want it to
>fall asleep

Woke up fine the next day, though. Jut my eyes were bloodshot as hell
>>
Does anyone else get extremely depressed when they drink?
I think it has to do with set and setting like with psychedelics, but the last few times i've gone to bars, I wind up standing in a corner while contemplating suicide and then I leave all of my friends to get a sandwich and pass out.
>>
>>35588411
Kind of like me.
> never a drinker, occasionally a beer
> never drunk
> suddenly, on delegation in foreign country
> have a party with fellow exiles
> 0.7 litres of vodka + some wine + some whisky per head
> drunk af, first time in my life
> go home
> puke at 4 am
> wake up at 11am
> ohgodwhy.jpg
> sleep whole day
> somewhat servicable around 5pm
> have never been drunk since

Why do people do this?
>>
I enjoy craft beer, whiskey of all types and gin. I'll keep drinking them because they're delicious. You can't stop me op.
>>
>>35590147
I mean you can know your limits and not drink into excess. Riding a strong buzz is much better than being actually drunk.
>>
>>35590174
This
Having a real solid buzz and drinking just enough to maintaining it is such a good time
>>
File: 1431462253034.jpg (173 KB, 592x595) Image search: [Google]
1431462253034.jpg
173 KB, 592x595
>>35583624

This. Although its not for everyone, I can vouch that getting high - but not so high that you cannot communicate - and going to a bar or club is underrated. I used to feel really anxious, but once I got over it, I turned into a social God. Like, I swear, I can just chat up a random chick and have her laughing in less than 20 seconds, and Ive actually done this, numerous times. I sorta just see things for what they are and, I suppose, really just let myself be who I am.

But anyway, OP had a bad night, probably involving a female, and has retreated to his favorite Colombian newspaper trading community to demonstrate his pathetic display of denial.
>>
File: 1449379945411.png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1449379945411.png
1 MB, 800x800
>>35590003
>upstairs fuggin some girl
>it's her birthday party some beta threw for her
>pastor's son was last seen in the garage drunk as all hell and eating the special brownies that he didn't know were special
>3 hours after coitus was initiated it's just me, girl, skinhead cousin (who was surprisingly mellow the entire night, he must have found the brownies), the pastor's son (who was still mia), and the now angry beta who was blacked out drunk in the kitchen trying to make biscuits and gravy
>girl and I go look for pastor's prodigy
>find him in the garage sitting in a seat he ripped out of the car parked in there
>his eyes are half closed
>doesn't look like he's breathing
>"Pastor's son??"
>poke him
>hear a rumble starting from his stomach
>goes up into his throat
>turns out to be him mustering up the strength to let out a rumbling whisper of "biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch"
>girl and I laugh, go back to fuggin upstairs
>>
>>35581932
Agreed.
I don't see why so many people drink this crap.
>>
>>35588722
Socially my confidence doesn't increase, I'm a very confidant guy normally. The only thing it really does is make me care less when I dance, and even then it's barely anything.

I usually get drunk so I can think less, it's a good release
>>
Long time ago, I smoke to much weed tho.
>>
>>35588238
Learn basic nutrition, bitch.
>>
>>35587113
You must be super fun at all those parties you get invited to for socializing

>tfw recognize and enjoy the perks of both buds and brews
>>
>>35589929
Good one Jimmy Carr
>>
>>35581932

It's fun, but diminishing returns as you get older.
>>
>>35590159
This. Drinking does not have to mean getting shitfaced on gallons of nasty beer or fucking medical alcohol, just drink what you like, how you like it.
It's seriously pussy shit to drink yourself silly simply because you think people are expecting you to.
>>
>>35591903
>>35590203
>>35590174
> Drinking does not have to mean getting shitfaced
that's what I keep telling myself before drinking and then I get annoyed I'm not buzzed enough, drink some more and end up finishing a 1L whisky bottle a few hours later
>>
>Tfw drug free and have been drug free all my life
Feels good 2bh
>>
>>35581932
Raises test, feels good, you're a dyel
>>
>>35581932

Been clean for 6 years.
>>
I don't know if I'd be able to bulk without beer.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.