[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>LIterally Does Nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5qYndwd1nyvyFMSynmypy8Z/will-protein-supplements-help-me-put-on-more-muscle
>>
>>35581258
EAT FOOD!
>>
File: 1444827771939.jpg (713 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1444827771939.jpg
713 KB, 3264x2448
How can protein does nothing when its protein

Fuck off with "hurr supplements are useless when you eat a balanced nutrient filled meals everyday" worded slightly differently

Everyone knows supplements are for convenience. And convenience triumphs.

Kill yourself for even making this shit thread you DYEL plebeian.
>>
>>35581296
>Fuck off with "hurr supplements are useless when you eat a balanced nutrient filled meals everyday" worded slightly differently
This so much. Not everyone is a NEET turbomanlet. My TDEE is 300 kcal / day higher than what my 5'8 manlet friend bulks on. I also work 55 hours / week.

Protein shakes are extremely convenient.
>>
>>35581258

It's a convenient source of protein. Who are you shilling for, faggot?
>>
Afaik both groups had a total protein intake of 90g per day, so of course there's not going to be a difference.
Shakes are just convenient.
>tastes better than regular chocolate milk
I almost feel bad for drinking them.
>>
the average "lean mass gain" was 1%. That's like supplementing one of two plants and saying the supplement is useless when they both died.

That's like giving one of two groups of people a supplement and then not doing an experiment.
>>
>>35581296
>literally pissing away cash
>b-but muh broscience
>>
>>35581383
Protein shakes sold in 5lbs tubs are literally within the top 10 lost of cost efficient protein grams per cent in every state in the u.s. along with disgusting shit like cow tongues.

Kill yourself
>>
>>35581357
>he didn't read the article

It's not just supplements. The importance of protein in general is grossly exaggerated. The average joe gets more than enough without trying. Anything more than government recomended amounts is generally pissed out. Only 2g in every 30 actually even gets used. Contrary to broscience, protein intake barely effects your muscle growth at all.
>>
>>35581404
[citation needed]
>>
I use whey since I need to eat 1g/pound and that would be too much meat
>>
>>35581566

Sure, don't trust the bro science. Good advice. But trust the experts. Thats both nutrionists, and top level athletes. They're pretty much all gonna agree that lots of protein is good for muscle growth.
>>
>>35581566

>The average joe gets more than enough without trying. Anything more than government recomended amounts is generally pissed out.

For people who don't even lift, yes, this is correct.

Which should pretty much describe nobody here in this forum.
>>
>>35581627
>I need to eat 1g/pound

Anything more than 9% of your daily calorie intake is completely wasted.
>>
File: protons.png (83 KB, 420x301) Image search: [Google]
protons.png
83 KB, 420x301
I wish I hadn't lost the better version of this and the study it's in. It's still pretty much right though.
>>
>>35581680
Nutritionists still believe salt's bad for you:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/its-time-to-end-the-war-on-salt/
>>
>>35581258
>12 people in each group
>2 months of training
> it looks like they all had the roughly the same protein intake of 70 grams anyhow

This study literally says nothing useful.
>>
File: 1450807402768.jpg (126 KB, 600x794) Image search: [Google]
1450807402768.jpg
126 KB, 600x794
Protein is a meme and always has been. Back when pumpingiron was made allthey ate was salad and dbol.
>>
Englishman here, the BBC has always been fucking retarded.

You cannot get more left-wing then them or your basically a communist.
>>
>>35581258
Keep listening to bbc faggot soon you'll believe your skinny body is because of the patriarchy. Fuck off
>>
File: tmp_3266-1434722613400-521996747.png (556 KB, 1000x1210) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3266-1434722613400-521996747.png
556 KB, 1000x1210
Please go back to whatever fucking board in which you came from
>>
what this article shows is that there is some really bad science being done out there, and even worse scientific journalism/ science reporting?/ science comunications? whatever the fuck its called.
clickbaity tittles with people just misinterpreting extracts of actual papers runs rampant on the internet.
>>
>>35581258
Lmao

>after 8 weeks we noticed no gains

No shit it takes years to get jacked. This article was writen by a bunch of apes with a type writer.
>>
>After each session they consumed a drink containing either 20g of whey protein or 20 g of maltodextrin (a carbohydrate which acted as a placebo).

They used 20g of whey protein per day. This study is fucking retarded.
>>
Protein is more filling than carbohydrates. Only cucks eat bread instead drinking delicious protein drinks
>>
>>35581567
>pulling out a calculator and doing the math for your self is too hard
It's true for my country
>source: I pulled out a calculator and did the math
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.