[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are you not a raw vegan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: anthony-beforeafter copy.jpg (20 KB, 320x231) Image search: [Google]
anthony-beforeafter copy.jpg
20 KB, 320x231
why are you not a raw vegan?
>>
I'm not mentally ill.
>>
>>35580641
I like weighing enough to not be blown away by air.
>>
>>35580809
This. You have to be fucking loco to be a raw vegan.

I consider myself to be moderately open-minded, and I'll entertain the idea that some vegans aren't mentally ill and eating plant-based has some benefits, but there is just no reason to eat only uncooked foods. It's even worse when you consider that most raw vegans eat a particular diet consisting of almost entirely fruit. Low protein, low fat, low vegetables, just fucking thousands of calories of fruit a day.

There's no science AT ALL to support eating that way. At least I've seen studies that could, in some what, indicate that eating vegan/vegetarian is good for you. Not that I necessarily agree with them, but they exist. There is no study that would ever indicate not eating cooked foods has any benefit. Raw vegans are the product of a disorder called Orthorexia- they're almost all mentally unstable women, who are "former" anorexics/bulimics. It sucks because I actually don't think normal veganism is THAT outrageous, but nowadays genuinely blatantly disordered and unstable people like Freelee and FullyRawChristina represent the average vegan, though they eat a very restrictive diet that is not indicative of the "normal" vegan diet.
>>
File: dw.jpg (24 KB, 364x243) Image search: [Google]
dw.jpg
24 KB, 364x243
>>35580926
Gain knowledge bruhs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwuVD8gg6jw
>>
>>35580641
what the fuck is wrong with his body!?
>>
>>35580926
I agree with this
>>
File: 1452305313317.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1452305313317.jpg
149 KB, 1024x768
Because I don't want to be in a cult that will turn me into a skinny cunt who hates everyone who isn't vegan.
>>
File: yaaa.jpg (126 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
yaaa.jpg
126 KB, 1600x1200
>>35581206
>>
>>35581192
"Wild vegetables are too powerfull to eat."

Holy fuck. I don't even know where to start on how wrong that nigga is. Plants do not "want" to be eaten. They evolved a trillion weapons to stop animals from eating them. From microscopic silicate daggers and cellulose to a ton of different poisons. The only reason we humans could put so much energy into our brains was our access to good food. And that includes breeding of plants as well as making more calories available through cooking.

If you want to learn something about the history of foods, listen to this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMOjVYgYaG8
>>
Because I don't think I'm ready for the super power of being a homosexual
>>
File: pre veagn.jpg (42 KB, 299x400) Image search: [Google]
pre veagn.jpg
42 KB, 299x400
>>35581219
him before he transitioned to raw vegan. jeez look how puffy. you guys are blind to results
>>
>>35581219
He looks like he's dying
>>
>>35580641
I like my egg whites.

Honestly, those are the only non-vegan things I consume (and they're the only thing I cook - I prefer raw things and I'm simple about food).

Note that it isn't for ethical reasons or anything like that.

Save for the cooked egg whites, I eat a diet largely falling in the raw vegan spectrum because 1. my taste buds direct me that way and 2. since I'm a DYEL who only does cardio (not that there's anything wrong with that), I always feel more agile or less weighed down, so it works out for me.
>>
>>35581398
Whoops, make that egg whites + whey.
>>
>>35580641

1. I like the taste of animal products
2. I like the taste of cooked foods
3. Even if the vegan regurgitated pseudoscience was true, I would take my happiness in the short term over my health in the long term
4. I don't care about animals
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.