[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Myprotein a good source for protein powder? It scores well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7
File: 11181407-1384356033264729.jpg (58 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
11181407-1384356033264729.jpg
58 KB, 300x300
Is Myprotein a good source for protein powder? It scores well on labdoor but I don't know if labdoor itself is any good
>>
>>35572267
strawberry is god tier.
vanilla is repulsive
>>
>>35572275
Yeah but is it good protein? As in no spiking and no heavy metal contamination (Found from powders sourced from China)
>>
>>35572298
dunno, let me put on my lab coat and safety goggles and perform a chemical analysis

if it bothers you do the research faggot
>>
>>35572275
>Having flavored protein
>>
>>35572353
>Ask a question
>WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ASKING A QUESTION?

Thanks
>>
>>35572455

It's cheap protein, stop being autistic
>>
>>35572275
What so bad about vanilla?
>>
>>35572475
Well yeah but it just seems a bit too cheap. Right now you can buy 5.5lb for $24+$6 shipping and I just don't see how the quality can be any good when it competes against reputable brands selling for 2x+ the cost
>>
>>35572451
>not having flavoured protein
lol nice bland oats faget
>>
>>35572593
My protein is a reputable brand, the only reason other supplement companies charge a lot more for their products is because they gain publicity by having sponsors in the fitness industry.

e.g. Having an Arnold Schwarzenegger tag on your brand will make people consider buying that product even if its priced higher than a similar product
>>
Tell me which flavor is the best, /fit/! Going to order 2.5 kg bag.
>>
>>35572628

This.

Rather than up their costs with expensive sponsor deals, endorsements, unneeded shitty ingredients, packaging and so on they just sell really basic supps.

>>35572656

Salted caramel is GOAT
>>
>>35572628
also they sell in bags
>>
I only tried chocolate smooth so far what should I try next?

Also are the stevia flavors sickening?
>>
FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING SHILLS GET A REAL JOB
>>
>>35572656
Strawberry jam roly poly
>>
>>35572267
But a liquidiser and blend beef stews.
>>
>>35573285
*buy
>>
>>35572298
https://labdoor.com/review/myprotein-impact-whey-protein

It's a good brand.
>>
>>35572353
It's currently ranked #1 at www.labdoor.com
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 500x333
>>35572267
Make sure you look at the different flavors cause price varies. If you wanna save money that is. I got 20 lbs for 120 bucks. Dat bulk buy.
>>
File: jws31z5.jpg (64 KB, 666x620) Image search: [Google]
jws31z5.jpg
64 KB, 666x620
>>35572451
>bought a 5 kg bag of unflavoured

I dont even know why I did it. I'm not a poorfags. It's not like I needed to save the extra £5 instead of getting chocolate. Now I just have to pinch my nose and down it because it tastes like death.
>>
>>35572267

it's cheap and tastes/mixes like shit.

ON! with amazon vouchers only cost 5-10% more and is far better.
>>
>>35573923
no it's not
>>
>>35573528
Labdoor is a teneous source of the authenticity of the quality of the protein, especially when the CEO himself stated that 30g of spiked protein is better ranked then 20g of unspiked
>>
>>35573786
I've gotten unflavored protein before, I really don't get why people think it's so bad. It basically tastes like super watered down milk, just doesn't really taste like anything desu senpai

Plus no additional sweeteners and the slightly higher protein content per serving is a plus
>>
And I know when that hotline bling
That can only mean one thing
I know when that hotline bling
That can only mean one thing
>>
>>35573923
If you want better taste/mix rather than more protein per scoop buy Nesquik.
>>
>>35572275
>vanilla is repulsive

How about fuck off and die you uneducated fuckboi
>>
>>35573211
This

Also rocky road and blueberry cheesecake
>>
>>35572901
I've tried the chocolate stevia and it's really bland and there's no sweetness at all. Almost like a raw cocoa bean
>>
>>35573786
It really doesn't , it tastes a bit minerally. Take it with water and its literally pure protein just drink it faggot
>>
Just ordered for $146 ($278 without discount code and whatnot)

I will literally never buy from anywhere else again, not even being a shill.
>>
Chocolate smooth is alright but the thing to remember if you want the flavor you gotta use just one scoop, for 250ml of milf or you fuck up the flavouring mix and stuff. Like if you have strawberry flavor and you put two scoops with 250ml obviously it's not gonna taste as intended.

From experience though, chocolate coconut is shit. Gives me a headache and just smells of chemicals on the nose. Shit stuff.

Unflavoured with water ( good for me cos I just put two fucking scoops in a cup and use water fountain in the gym so it's icy cold ) is great. It tastes of nothing just a tiny bit minerally like the anon above said. It's good.

And lastly chocolate smooth. I'm only really putting chocolate smooth in with 60-75g of the instant oats with one scoop chocolate smooth whey and 400-500ml 2% milk, + like half a teaspoon chocolate nesquik. Blend it up good and leave it in the fridge for them nighttime gains after a late shift and it tastes pretty good. Real food is always better, sure, but I just want something quick to swallow down in 5 minutes after a late shift so it's handy for me.
Anyone know any other good flavours?
>>
>>35572267
I have chocolate smooth and I drink it with milk

It doesnt become as thick as other protein shakes, which I like

Its p easy to drink which is nice when bulkan
>>
File: 1451808954633.jpg (2 MB, 3136x2184) Image search: [Google]
1451808954633.jpg
2 MB, 3136x2184
All shilling aside I'm seriously curious on the actual quality of the powder, when people talk about them being good they link to labdoor but what exactly states labdoor is any good other than a pretty website?

Has there ever been any heavy metal testing on this powder? Or checking for protein spiking or anything? Who cares if it's $26 for 5.5lb of powder if it's spiked to hell and contaminated with heavy metals?
>>
MyProtein is the cheapest whey for sure. rated high on labdoor which might mean something.

their banana tastes like a less sweet version of ON's banana. perhaps the reason they get higher ratings is because there's less sweetners than the other guys (more protein per volume).

their unflavored is fine, the only other unflavored I've had is by Jarrow and what I can say is I find it odd how 'fine' MyProtein's is compared to Jarrow's. Jarrow's is more clumpy but they both tasted the same so idk if it's because either is more whey/more spiked/ whatever
>>
File: 12353543254.jpg (63 KB, 500x477) Image search: [Google]
12353543254.jpg
63 KB, 500x477
>>35572298
how are we supposed to fucking know if the only website that does this is labdoor?

>cheap
>tastes decent
>mixes well
>labdoor says its good

take what you will from that and make a decision
>>
>>35574680
Yeah I know anon, I really wish there was far more regulation in this sort of stuff. It's really insane that we have to effectively take the companies at their word or occasionally some third party does some testing (But not the more expensive testing since it's usually in some guys garage which is why the spiking scandal took so long to come out)
>>
>>35573923
mine tastes fine, you just bought a shit flavor. even ON has some shit flavors t b h f a m
>>
>>35574653
>>35574680
>>35574693
http://www.supplementlabtest.com/tests/aminozuuranalyse-door-supplementlabtestcom-impact-whey-myprotein

Found this
>>
>>35574706
Cool thanks for the link so atleast the protein is good
>>
>>35572275
>vanilla
>repulsive
Well fuck me then senpai, I've chugged nearly 10kgs of theior vanilla WPC and it tastes bretty good to me. Don't buy their 0 calorie syrups though, shit's terrible
>>
Concentrate or isolate?
>>
Bought an 11 pound bag of strawberry cream... Shit tastes like nesquick and an 11 pound bag of cinnamon roll a little to sweet for my liking but it's still good if you sprinkle some ground cinnamon on top.. Gonna get an 11 pound bag of cookies n cream next
>>
>>35574653
Fucking retard. Numerous people already told you that its decent. Fuck off.
>>
anyone tried the pea protein?
>>
You must be cautious with this kind of cheap stuff, they could say like the post above that it passed efficiently a nitrogen test but that does not mean the content of protein is the same, there are many ways to get a higher score at a nitrogen test, like adding melamine, a cheap subproduct of coal industry with a high content of nitrogen, or who knows any other thing added intentionally to get a higher nitrogen test. Be careful.
>>
>>35574653
>>35574972
Jesus christ, it's well known and their products are great. There's no amino spiking or mercury in it
>>
>>35574071
Ever since I left the city YOUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>35575097
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap_NkPCkl4c
>>
>>35575097
God I hate that song, it's always on the fucking radio. I don't fucking care about some cuckolded black man bitching and moaning
>>
I like it. Just wait for one of their sales and order away. By far the cheapest and probably best protein I've used.

I ordered the 11lb banana split. My suggestion would be to either multiple version at this size and switch them up, or buy in smaller quantities. I get burnt out on one type if I use this much for too long. It tastes good though.
>>
>>35572656
Chocolate Orange
>>
>>35572901
i have strawberry stevia. It's pretty good and has a nice taste to it tbqh pham.
>>
>>35572267
Chocolate mint

Tropical for their BCAA

Cheap as fuck
>>
>>35572267
Its alright. You can get a lot of free shit ordering from Myprotein (and discounted shit). I bought Choco-Coco flavour and am not disappointed. They also got very good Peanut Butter if you are into that
>>
>>35574899
Don't get cookies and cream, I bought a 2.5kg bag of it and its fucking awful
>>
>>35579672
well... i like it. But true, it's a bit sweet
>>
>>35574878
Isolate if you can afford the extra £.
>>
bulkpowders master race reporting in
>>
>>35572267
> not using cricket flour
> not gonna make it
>>
i just ordered 2,5kg white chocolate

how is the taste?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.