[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm disabled and cannot extend my elbows fully, or raise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 5lb.jpg (17 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
5lb.jpg
17 KB, 480x480
I'm disabled and cannot extend my elbows fully, or raise my arms above my head. Are there some simple arm workouts I can do with a 5lb weight while sitting at my desk doing nothing with my life?
>>
>>35571760
>or raise my arms above my head
John McCain pls go
>>
Of course you can. Work on ROM daily, even once per hour of computer time. Have you thought of resistance bands? Not being able to assess you I don't know what you can do.. bicep curls.. attach resistance band to ceiling and do tricep extensions down. Work on grip strength holding piss jugs for as long as you can..

What about leg ROM? Squats?
>>
>>35571809
>ROM
The fuck is that?

>Have you thought of resistance bands?
Yes actually. In gradeschool during gym, I would loop a large elastic band around my foot and use that to do bicep curls. That might actually work for me now, now that I think about it.

>Work on grip strength holding piss jugs
top kek

>What about leg ROM? Squats?
Again, the fuck is ROM? I don't lift at all and never really have, so I know very little jargon. No squats though. I can't weight bear on my legs or my bones will literally shatter.
>>
>>35571867
ROM = Range Of Motion
>>
>>35571893
Oh, that makes sense. Well my limited range of motion comes mostly from weirdly healed bones and muscle atrophe repeated numerous times over the years. From what I understand, the only way I'll be able to increase my range of motion is through surgery, which is completely of the table.
>>
>>35571867
Since you probably hunch over a keyboard a lot. Once every hour look up to the ceiling and open your shoulders by suplinating your wrists and trying to pinch your shoulder blades together in the middle of your back. hold this for up to a minute
>>
>>35571933
You really need a good physio with experience with your disease/disability. I just throwing ideas in the dark here.
>>
File: 1440614303708.png (439 KB, 504x732) Image search: [Google]
1440614303708.png
439 KB, 504x732
>>35571760
unless your autistic go to a fucking phiso-therapist

i dislocated my elbow in rugby, stuck in a fibre glass cast for 7 months, had 45-55% ROM (Range of motion) stuck at 90 degrees, within two months of painful excessive it was up to 80-90 % ROM , with 0-170 degrees available.

dont be a sad cunt, thats not a reason not to lift bra.
>>
>>35571944
That's definitely something I can do. Thanks bruh.

>>35571954
You're not wrong, but the nearest PT to me that isn't shit is a 1-2 hour bus ride away. I'd rather not spend 4 hours on public transport just to get a bit of a workout.

>>35571972
>i dislocated my elbow in rugby, stuck in a fibre glass cast for 7 months, had 45-55% ROM (Range of motion) stuck at 90 degrees, within two months of painful excessive it was up to 80-90 % ROM , with 0-170 degrees available.
Good for you and your elbow bro. I don't give a shit. Your elbow is not the same as my elbow. I have fucked up collagen and 26 years of repeated injuries to my bones and joints. I'm not gonna work out a couple times a day and suddenly have functional arms again. This shit is pretty much for life.
>>
Look, guys, I'm not coming in here asking how to get my shitty cripple body ripped. A really tough workout is a great way for me to injure myself, what with my shitty glass bones. I just want to work on increasing my arm strength a bit and possibly my core strength and hopefully get rid of some of this shitty beer gut. I don't want to turn into some freakish cripple version of Arnie.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.