[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heres a thought, what if we lower our meat consumption to 12
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: elk.jpg (246 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
elk.jpg
246 KB, 1024x683
Heres a thought, what if we lower our meat consumption to 12 times a year, instead of being full on vegan?
>>
Only if it can be done in 12 one month blocks.
>>
>>35567786

What if I only ate bananas 7 times a year?
>>
>>35567852

Well you actually could eat 7 bananas a day and it wouldn't have the same environmental impact as raising one cow.
>>
The problem isn't meat consumption, it's the kind of meat we eat, which is basically pork and beef. Those are really awful about resource usage.

If we went to buffalo, we'd do better. Buffalo meat itself is just better for you. Lower fat, higher protein, better marbling of the fat as the muscle is actually used. Buffalo has a far, far lower cholesterol level. Higher iron, amino acids, etc. Basically, buffalo is only the meat that beef wished it was.

More on topic, buffalo will more easily take to grazing on grass rather than being feed-dependent like cattle. You'll be less likely to deal with antibiotics and growth hormone in buffalo as well. Cattle are more stationary, so they'll gather around bodies of water and trees, stomping everything flat, so you'll be less likely to have plant regrowth.

The other problem is that cattle companies sometimes just go for mass production without thought for long-term effects.

So yeah, buffalo over beef if you can, and beef if you can get it from a company that rotates their herds, avoids antibiotics, etc.
>>
>>35568240

The environmental effects of meat production is the worse thing about it, which is why im saying we should lower meat consumption. Switching to grass fed beef, or wild animals. Also the rise in anti biotic bacteria is rising.
>>
>>35568305

*anti biotic bacteria.
>>
>>35568318

Anti biotic resistant bacteria.
>>
>>35567915
Really? Shit, I'm only eating veal from now on.

#vealgan
>>
>>35568372

Only if you raise and kill it yourself, otherwise you're a pussy.
>>
>>35568318
*anti biotic bacteria
>>
>>35568305
I would rather eat delicious meats now and continue to ruin things for future generations
>>
>>35567786
>12 times a year
I think humans are adapted to eat meat more often than that - less than the average intake in the west today but nowhere near that low. I have a rate of about 225g of red meat (venison) a week, and rabbit when it's available (it's wild so it's seasonal) and never any more than ~225g a week when it is. I eat mostly seafood for animal products anyway, though.
>>
>>35568396

survival of the fittest, summed up in one post.
>>
>>35567786
>vegan
Why the actual FUCK do you retarded hominids think 'vegan' is a goddamed diet? IT IS A LIFESTYLE CHOICE THAT INCLUDES BEING VEGETARIAN. Why can't you morons get that through your thick heads?
>>
>>35568957
german volume training is associated with germany, that's why it's called "german" volume traning. Not everyone who does it is german, nor does doing it make you german.
>>
>>35567786
Vegan here, the fact is that if everyone hunted, it would be better than everyone being vegan, for the planet at least. Not for us. There are too many fucking people, like 5 billion more since the early 1800s, it's unsustainable.

If we drastically reduced our population, dismantled the food distrubution system, and hunted instead and only ate that, it would be better than veganism for everyone at this point. For our health not, planet yes.
>>
>>35567786
make me commie
>>
>>35569097
It would be better for our health as well.
>richer nutritional profile of animal foods
that's it.
>>
>>35569214
What is richer nutritionally? Things that slow us down and are contributors to heart disease and colon cancer?

The bioavailability of dirty animal carcass and plants are pretty much the same yet plants don't pollute as much or require as much cruelty to get.

Please don't mention
"complete proteins" that has been disproven over and over. If someone is eating enough calories of plants, they don't have to worry about anything. Unless they are eating it in oreos and junior mints. Meat tends to have very litle nutrional benefits besides proteins that come on a train of colon clogging junk, No fiber, no carbs, probably saturated fats, no polysat fats...
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.