[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 1414882555620 (1).gif (1024 KB, 242x227) Image search: [Google]
1414882555620 (1).gif
1024 KB, 242x227
What do people who don't lift know about lifting?

Any experiences?
>>
nothing, my friends believe that running for 20min a day will make them fit
they are too lazy to do even just that
>>
>>35566015
Maybe not '/fit/', but running 20 minutes a day is definitely enough to be healthy.
>>
>>35566207
You can easily out-eat 20 minutes of cardio,it all depends
>>
>Friend believes he can get abs doing 1000 sit ups and not changing his diet.
>>
File: 1443824754025.jpg (111 KB, 660x582) Image search: [Google]
1443824754025.jpg
111 KB, 660x582
one kid i know used to tone™ with 55lb bench
another kid wanted to lift but didn't want to "get that big"

sometimes i fucking wonder why i stay around these people
>>
File: tumblr_m0srdyy3d61r3avk6[1].jpg (147 KB, 500x682) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0srdyy3d61r3avk6[1].jpg
147 KB, 500x682
you can get hand injuries while deadlifting, because the ligaments...
>>
>>35567038
but during the stone age WHAT
>>
My friend who is 5'6'' and weights 63kg wanted to eat 3200~ cals because MFP told him to.

Also a girl friend of mine thinks going to the gym 5xweek will get her results. No wonder why she is skelly and haven't gained any ass after almost a year
>>
>>35567260
>going to the gym 5xweek will get her results
That is possible though baka, her diet/routine is probably shit
>>
File: 1412297770584.jpg (255 KB, 891x695) Image search: [Google]
1412297770584.jpg
255 KB, 891x695
How do I not be that guy, /fit/?
I've been looking at proper form and technique on lifting for a week now. I'm still worried that I'll look like some autist if I fuck up.

For a while I was doing 30 mins of cardio 3 times a week, and was wondering why I wasn't losing weight.
>>
You get shredded and vascular by doing low weight and high reps.

Also whey protein either shreds you or gives you mass.

Cardio doesnt make you shredded
>>
File: 1451216386298.jpg (33 KB, 412x394) Image search: [Google]
1451216386298.jpg
33 KB, 412x394
>>35566223
to burn calories isn't the only reason to do cardio ...
jesus christ these people are so stupid why doesn't the op just ask /fit/ about lifting
>>
>>35566207
you can run 3 miles in less than 20 minutes. it really isnt that much time
>>
>>35565987
>fit general
>>
>>35567789
>you need to run for more than 3 miles a day to be in shape
In fact, running more than that every day would be detrimental.
>>
>>35565987
They know they can definitely bench more than me, at least they could when they had more free time and used to work out

They know they can do 20 pushups easily

They know that ten chin ups is easy as shit, they've never done one but they know they are easy

a 5k run? sure, i can do that, just let me put my jeans and flat-soled shoes on!

You should lift less weight and do more reps, that's what the pros do!
>>
>>35567260
whats wrong with going to the gym 5 times a week?
>>
>>35565987
>I have a super strong core
I hear this one so much. Yeah no shit, everyone has a strong core because you know, you fucking use it everyday.
>>
I was doing my workout in my bedroom, I have a shitty apartment and I'm pretty DYEL so just doing a dumbell routine with my 45's. Friends walks past as I finish my first set and put them down. "Wait, what? You only did like eight, why did you only do a few I thought you did like fifty or a hundred." So I had to explain sets and reps to them.

Oh, and one thing that I hear from literally everyone, "Maybe you could do more reps with a lighter weight, no need to lift heavy ones!" to the point that I'm starting to get triggered every time I hear it.
>>
Most of them think you need protein powder to gain muscle.
>>
>>35565987
>"hey anon, do you drink protein?"
>"yeah it's a good way to get enough daily protein"
>"kek, that stuff will kill you by the time your 30"
Where has this idea come from?
Mfw
>>
>>35566995
the constant feeling of being better than them
>>
>>35568357
>>35569204
lmao
>>
>>35565987
They keep on saying that anything heavy is a waste of progress.
>>
>>35567662
High-Intensity Interval Training, senpai. Google it.

Also, as long as you're doing workouts that actually exist and not just random shit that doesn't target any muscles and really makes you stand out like a complete donkey you'll be fine (don't be like link related)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk3YauIw28g

also tuna, oats etc
>>
>do more reps with less weight for endurance
>>
>>35565987
people who actually learned how the muscles and fat work and nutrition from a science course like medicine and biology(nutrition degrees do not apply) with tests and exams usually know more and understand it better than the pretentious gymrats like vg and jason blaha(or any other fitness guy)
>>
They know exactly what lifts you SHOULD be doing

They know exactly how bad for you supplements are

They know exactly what your body is capable of

They know that gyms are really just extortion rackets conning you out of money because they know that despite you going to the gym 5-6 days a week, you're not going enough to justify the £25 a month membership

They know that the only true way to gain muscle is to just eat healthy

They know what every lady wants and what every lady doesn't want

They know (from personal experience no less) that lifting weights doesn't actually work unless you do it as hardcore as they did years ago

They know that the only REAL gym gear costs hundreds of pounds and has a well known logo across it, those cheap shirts are for scrubs. BUY GYM SHARK BUY GYM SHARK

They know that they don't need supplements because their body has a rare disorder where it produces 50 times the normal amount of muscle

They know that they're not 'chubby' just going 'bear mode'
>>
>cousins over weight sloppy fiancé sees me
>he's dresses like a gap/h&m mannequin but overweight and sloppy
>walks over
>"hey anon, you done with your workout Arnold"
>mfw he called me Arnold
>me "yea man, chest day today"
>him "whaaaat?, chest day on Saturday?"
>mfw he never hit the gym besides hiking once every other month like a faggot
>mfw he gets his knowledge of gym/workouts through Instagram posts and Instagram memes like a true faggot
>>
>>35565987
The "if you go to the gym, why don't you have abs?" line is the most common one I hear
>>
>>35573113
>you shouldn't bench more than 40kg, that's for meatheads
>>
A skelly friend of mine said he went to the gym for the first time in almost 7 months. He told me he benched 50kg, but last time I saw him bench it was 30kg. Ever since he stopped working out he hasn't been eating properly either, so he became even more of a skeleton.

He's really thin too, does he really not think that there's a bodily difference between 30kg bench and 50kg bench?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.