[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: 1429981024684.jpg (122 KB, 999x624) Image search: [Google]
1429981024684.jpg
122 KB, 999x624
last one reached bump limit, new QTDDTOT thread
>>
Repost: What is the general verdict on supersets? I have a fuckhuge friend who supersets everything in his routines, and I've been just following his routine since I don't know my head from my ass. Additionally, would it be bad to follow his routine since I'm just starting?
>>
how important is keeping track of what i eat?

how would i go about logging 3 spoonfuls of yogurt with 3 spoonfuls of granola

same with some chicken breast i've bought that i plan on cooking along with a few veggies
>>
>>35564634
>how important is keeping track of what i eat?

It can make or break if you actually lose weight you dumb faggot.
>>
>>35564647
so how the fuck do i keep track of shit like that then
>>
>>35564675
myfitnesspal

weigh your shit

read the fucking sticky maybe
>>
>>35564675
Omfg anon.

Get the fuck off of this board you bumbaclot

>so how the fuck do i keep track of shit like that then

YOU FUCKING READ THE CALORIES IN EACH SERVING, CALCULATE IT DEPENDING ON EACH SERVING, AND THEN TOTAL IT ALL. JESUS FUCK USE YOUR BRAIN YOU SKINNYFAT MANLET BITCH
>>
>>35564556
You won't make much progress. You'll either stall out on baby weight and look like shit cos of lolnogains or you'll injure yourself
>>
What calorie calculators do you guys use? IE to find maintenance so I can see how much I really need.
>>
>>35564720
I just use tdeecalculator.net

used to use the IIFYM calculator but it was a really shitty webpage.
>>
if you still feel sore from your last workout, should you work out again even if its been a day or 2?
>>
>>35564792
Guessing that you're a NYR. If it really hurts, you can skip your next workout. At this point your muscles aren't going to lose anything because your gains are babby-mode anyway.

The soreness will go away though. It's just when you're out of shape that they hurt like that.
>>
I'm supposed to simultaneously push my knees forward and out and "sit" down when I'm squatting yes? How do I do those at the same time? Also what's hip drive?
>>
>>35564792
Yes,but dont work the same muscles nigga
>>
>>35564703
nice i made an acc and started doing shit

i've gotta buy the supplies to accurately measure what i use now though

like it says cup and i don't own a fucking cup
>>
>>35564556
It shouldn't be your primary work, but they are useful to quickly get a lot of volume on assistance movements as you finish.
>>
File: 1348029889328.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1348029889328.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>35564857
how the fuck do you not have a set of measuring cups
>>
>>35564864
because i'm a fucking college student

my kitchen has absolutely fuck all in it
>>
>>35564826
just google proper squat form
>>
File: 1055685582.jpg (35 KB, 171x168) Image search: [Google]
1055685582.jpg
35 KB, 171x168
>>35564875
>>
>>35564814
>>35564843
Im retarded, took me a minute to figure out what nyr meant
I played football back in highschool and I was just going off what I remembered my coaches telling me and what I remembered doing every morning in the schools weight room.
After highschool I stopped lifting because I hated setting aside 1-2 hours every day before school just to lift weights. For the past few months Ive been leaving dumbbells in the middle of my apartment and doing random lifts whenever I walk by/during tv commercials/while making food/whatever. I know thats not the most effective workout plan, but its better than nothing. Ive slowly incorporated a loose routine and started paying attention to how to work out correctly.

I honestly have no clue what a healthy amount of soreness is. Football coaches always said to ignore it. Thats why I asked that question.
Is doing the same muscle group multiple days in a row bad? Are rest days really that important?
>>
pls check my form
Haven't been able to squat since summer because of an injury. Been sticking to light weight and it feels fine though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKvrg7Z-Dxk
>>
>>35565128
>Is doing the same muscle group multiple days in a row bad? Are rest days really that important?

Yes to both questions. Working out is quite literally tearing apart your muscles followed by synthesizing proteins to repair and make new muscle fibers. If you don't let your muscles heal, they won't grow.
>>
>>35565226
Not deep enough.
Slow down.
Doesn't look like you're bracing?
>>
How many times a week should I deadlift? I'm thinking I should do them on back day and leg day. I've only been doing them on leg day though.
>>
>>35565359
what is your routine? I'd do it every other workout.
>>
File: 1452421264249.jpg (450 KB, 889x1180) Image search: [Google]
1452421264249.jpg
450 KB, 889x1180
Who is that guy?
>>
>>35565385
Monday - Back and Bi's
Tuesday - Chest and Tris
Wednesday - off
Thursday - Legs (DL day)
Friday - Shoulders

I'm thinking there is enough recovery time between Monday and Thursday that it would be good to work them in both days
>>
>>35565457
That sounds fine, as long as you're not working the same muscles two days in a row.
>>
is the nyr thing just a meme? Seems like March April would be the hell months because everyone is worried about muh beach body. Did /fit/ exagerate or is my gym failing to attract new members?
>>
I normally feel a bit sick when I take 5g of creatine mixed in water, whether I take it with a meal or on an empty stomach

Is this normal?
>>
>>35565545
It varies from gym to gym. A lot of it is over exaggeration though.

>>35565585
Some people get a bit queasy from it. If it doesn't sit well with you, you don't need to take it.
>>
File: IMG_1166.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1166.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Should I keep cutting? 5'9 down to 165 from 194. I think I'm skinny fat so I'm considering eating at maintenance or going on a slow bulk. What should I do brahs?
>>
>>35565621
You still have quite a bit of bodyfat left. If you've been cutting for a while, taking a couple weeks at maintenance before resuming dieting might be a good idea.
>>
What are some good lifts for sq, bp and dl?
- normie standard
- /fit/ standard
>>
>>35564556

They're fine on assistance work. Don't fucking superset squats with deadlifts or something like that.

It does depend on your experience level though. If you're just starting out and aren't used to a high workload, it may be smarter to save supersets for later in your lifting career.
>>
File: 1422635289740.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1422635289740.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>35565457
>3 upper body days
>1 lower body day
>>
>>35564875

I've had measuring cups the entirety of my time at college, they cost nearly nothing.
>>
Currently 160lb starting my cut. bb.com has suggested i take 177-209 grams of protein a day.

thats a whopping 45-50% in terms of macro ratio.

does that sound legitimate?
>>
I got a dexa scan and am now at 15% ish body fat, which I cut down from 30+ over the last months through diet and lifting.

My arms are now skinny, chest is skinny, legs are skinny. Everything except my thighs and ass, where it's still blobby, droopy, wobbly as shit.

What the hell? Do I just keep cutting to 10% and hope for the best?
>>
I'm 143 lbs and 6 Ft 1, how should I approach bulking (given I have never lifted). Should I focus on only eating slightly above surplus to avoid gaining too much fat, or do I not need to care as I'm underweight?
>>
>>35564710
said either the fat powerlifter or the dyel trex.
>>
>>35564556
time efficiency when it is not done by a retard. wrap up your arm workout at the end with biceps/triceps supersets for example.
>>
I prefer brosplits because they are more enjoyable and easy on my joints. why wouldn't i do them again if they would keep me consistent? any solid reason?
>>
>>35566267
If you hard bulk you will be much more likely to meet adequate nutrition requirements, just like playing ring toss with 10 rings is more chance of winning than 5. The downside is you WILL become fatter and raise your body fat percentage.

I don't think anyone would recommend over 500 calories over maintenance. As long as you're over and you've met your protein goal, be happy and eat only if you're hungry. Don't fall for bulking harder = faster gains
>>
DYEL skinnyfat lurker who has decided to change and improve. I can't do pushups, not even one. Are there some exercises that can help me gain at least some strength to do some pushups. I have 5, 10 and 15 lb dumbells, will that help? Thanks in advance.
>>
I feel like I'm ending my workouts too fast. Like I just speed through most of my exercises and maybe not getting the most out of it. Like itll be over in 30 minutes. How long do you guys work out for?
>>
>>35566386
I find it hard to believe you can't do a single pushup if you're only skinnyfat. Do pushups on your knees and gradually lean more and more into your arms

>>35566389
Work out until you feel sore.
>>
I always bench and OHP with dumbbells. I used to, but I felt that doing them with dumbbells is much more efficient.

Anyway, how comparable exactly are the weights I use with the dumbbell to the barbell equivalent? What am I missing out on when using dumbbells?
>>
>>35566415
I'm 5'6, 125, never did sports in my life so it's not hard to believe. Thanks.
>>
>>35564514
what is /fit/s face hygiene ritual?
>>
I'm doing 5x5 SL in a home gym and advancing quite good so far.
I try to incorporate some other lifts, especially for upper body.

>Workout 1 (pic related)
>3x10 flyes with barbell plates, have to get myself some dumbbells
>pushups (until I'm satisfied)

>Workout 2
>5x5 pull ups (will get a weight belt soon)
>3x10 barbell curls (just for the sake of doing them in a power rack)

Questions:
My power rack doesn't allow any parts to do dips on, is there anything I can improvise so I can do them?

Can I put a plate on my back for push ups?

Is there anythin else I'm missing out?
>>
Im trying to do assisted pull ups / dips slowly lowering the help each time. However, my legs tremble and feel liek spaghetti sometimes. What's going on with my legs? Im not using them at all I thought
>>
>>35566457
>Chemical peeling every 2-3 weeks, 1 day of doing nothing afterwards
>tea tree oil after lifting & showering
>apple cider vinegar when home alone (your face smells like salad dressing)
>lemon acid
>those blackhead pull patches every now and then after a hot shower, when the pores are open
>can't use any lotion, sunscreen or moistioner, will get bad acne immediately
>drink only lactose free milk (for shakes), absolutly no chocolate
>>
File: thing.jpg (8 KB, 186x225) Image search: [Google]
thing.jpg
8 KB, 186x225
>>35566516
>My power rack doesn't allow any parts to do dips on, is there anything I can improvise so I can do them?
Between two chairs is often used. I'm not sure how those are called in English, but pic related are usually very cheap and do the job as well.

>Can I put a plate on my back for push ups?
I was wondering the same thing for a long time. It's of course perfectly possible, but you generally want someone to do that for you. Lately I help myself with a contraption using a (strong) resistance band. I put the loop through the hole of the plate and put my arms through the loop. It's kind of difficult to explain, but it does the job. It's hard to put on more than one plate though.
>>
File: weightedPU.png (271 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
weightedPU.png
271 KB, 1000x500
>>35566696
Illustration of the resistance band/plate thing. I know it looks like a home-made guillotine-kind of thing, but it works.
>>
>>35565621
I still see flab. Sorry brah.

However you're only weighing in at 165! Great progress! Dropping 30lb takes dedication so congratulations there. Like the other reply states, switch to a maintenance. And start building strength.
>>
>>35566756
Na, that's a good idea actually.
I have to try if a rucksack might work...
Thanks for the dip advice, too!
>>
>>35566267
6'1 and only 143 you lanky skeleton motherfucker
>>
>>35566597
>tea tree oil after lifting & showering

Jesus Christ doesn't that make your skin drier than the Sahara?
>>
I'm overall just in real bad shape right now. I'm trying to fix it, as I'm doing C25k right now, but there are some other things I'd like to ask about.

I've got really bad hip mobility, like I can't get to parallel in a squat without butt wink. How can I work on this?
I also have really bad shoulder mobility. What do I need to do to improve this?
Like I said I'm just generally weak and messed up, but I want to change as I will be doing ROTC soon.
I'm hoping that not sitting for 8 hours a day like I used to will do the trick, but I've got a feeling I've got to put at least a couple months of effort into fixing my mobility issues.
>>
>>35566828
Never thought about that, so apperantly no.
>>
File: IMG_20160110_140254.jpg (1 MB, 2950x3171) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160110_140254.jpg
1 MB, 2950x3171
>tfw ab definition
>tfw still hardcore love handles
6'6 ~205 can I get a diagnosis
shits givin me hank hill butt
>>
>>35566929
>tfw no ab definition
>tfw you're fat
what are you seeing, nigga?
>>
>>35566929
Your pants are too low. You don't really have ab definition either. Just lean out a bit more and things should sort themselves out.
>>
File: IMG_20160110_141542.jpg (1 MB, 2952x3027) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160110_141542.jpg
1 MB, 2952x3027
>>35566992
>fat
am I really
I don't trust my own judgement anymore
>>35567002
what do you mean my pants are too low?
I had a few people comment on my ab definition, but they were pretty normie so I guess I'll just keep at it. kinda wanting to start my bulk late jan-feb though
>tfw 12 month cut
>>
>>35567081
Yes, you look to be at about 19/20% bf
cut to 12% and lean bulk from there amigo
>>
File: 2013-04-27 19-46-43.922.jpg (155 KB, 1133x677) Image search: [Google]
2013-04-27 19-46-43.922.jpg
155 KB, 1133x677
>>35567099
so what you're suggesting is I cut down to 185, lower not assuming I lose 0 muscle? I think I was 190 in pic related, for reference
>>
Posting again from other thread.
Would doing SS and jogging 30 minutes on off days be considered lightly active or moderately active? Asking so I can calculate my calories.
>>
Are amino tabs worth anything or is it some bullshit?
>>
>>35567494
I have no idea because I didn't program that calorie calculator. Do you want to lose weight? Then use lightly active. Do you want to bulk? Then use moderately active.
>>
On week 3 of SL, when should I make time for sports? On rest days or work days? I keep reading in SS and on fit that over training is bad and an easy way to make no gains, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to be exerting myself on a rest day, so what do?
>>
Ways to increase test other than heavy lifting (squats, deadlifts)?
>>
>>35567910
Injecting it.

Not smart tho.
>>
>>35567923
Other than that.
>>
I am a newbie having a problem with leaning forward on squats after switching from high to low bar position. The leaning happens on the way down, not only the way up (I somewhat fixed leaning on the way up by using the cue of raising my chest along with my hips).

After filming myself it seems like the bar is not exactly over my mid foot when I start, so I have to lean forward to take it to the center of gravity. Any tips or cues for how to fix this?
>>
>>35567644
I lift in morning then play basketball at night, it takes about 3 hours to recover from cardio.
>>
File: 1434338808892.jpg (47 KB, 487x487) Image search: [Google]
1434338808892.jpg
47 KB, 487x487
NYR fag here. Been on SS for a month now. besides WPI, fish oils and Creatine, is there anything else in the way of supplements I need? something like BCAAs or a pre/post workout. I'm really confused about all this stuff.
>>
My gym has yoga classes. I've been taking them while I build up the nerve to go into the free weight area.

Turns out I really like yoga. It relaxes me, and helps me focus.

So, my question is can I lift weights and then go take a yoga class? Or can I lift in the morning then yoga class at night?

IDK, new to all this.
>>
How do I fix mobility issues?
I've got a serious lack of mobility in my shoulders and hips, and it's pretty much stopping me from doing any lift with good form. Super frustrating.
>>
Started the gym on wednesday, i tend to sweat a lot all the time and i guess im supposed to bring a towel to wipe the sweat, but where do I leave it? Carrying it with me all the time would look kinda awkward and i also didnt see anyone carrying one
>>
>>35569054
you bring it around with you. No one gives a shit if you have a towel with you
>>
>>35568426
all you really need is protein and calories friend
>>
>>35568797
Your muscles are usually very tense after a workout, you will have a harder time doing yoga directly after because of this.

Doing yoga at night seems like a better idea. What about doing yoga -before- lifting?
>>
just did my tdee for the first time and started counting calories 2 weeks ago

i'm not eating nearly as much as I should be eating

i've been eating at like a 1k deficit and still have tons of energy

should i start eating more food?
>>
>>35564514
can i get away with not showering for up to an hour after using the gym? my autism can't handle using gym showers
>>
>>35569776
yes, as long as youre not leaving the bus seat wet.
>>
>>35565954
forgive me based rippletoe
>>
skinnyfat noob here, I don't eat particularly unhealthy and only drink water. I just want to be generally healthier and for my body to look a little better (otter mode?) but I don't have any equipment. I found this http://thehybridathlete.com/bodyweight-training-plan/ and have started doing it but I'd really appreciate opinions on if its gonna give me some gains or not.
>>
>>35569727
depends on your goals. You'll burn out quick, 2 weeks is nothing. either that or you're counting wrong.
>>
Will taking a PCT eliminate pre existing gyno
>>
>>35569864
i've been carefully measuring everything and taking note of everything

i guess i'll have to add like an extra meal or two somewhere in my day
>>
>>35569850
Click the dinosaur running around at the top of the front page of /fit/ then learn.
>>
>>35569850
thats really not going to give you a lot of mass/strenght. you need weights for that.
buy some of the big laundry detergent bottles if youre that poor to afford weights. its better than nothing.

youll probably get some stamina though. looks like thats a crossfit workout.
also this >>35569888
>>
>>35569888
nigga I read the sticky but I ain't got no weights. Not looking to diet or anything, just a light regimen I can work into my schedule
>>
How can you tell when you are overtraining
>>
File: 1433326365932.gif (1 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
1433326365932.gif
1 MB, 400x286
What lifts to do on a Cut?
Obviously not gonna be building lots of strength so SS doesn't seem like a good fit.
>>
My right trap really hurts when i try to stretch my left trap, help?
>>
>>35568797

If you lift in the morning, give yourself an hour after waking up. If you're doing a standard 3 times a week, you can always program it so you don't have to lift weights and yoga at the same time.

You do need to lift weights, though. Yoga has a lack of pulling, obviously, and there's a lot of elite yogis who end up winging their scapula.
>>
File: 1452366263723.jpg (473 KB, 1024x1444) Image search: [Google]
1452366263723.jpg
473 KB, 1024x1444
Which is best for a cutting? considering both weight loss and causing less damage to the heart.

Albuterol or ephedrine? Is it possible to do both without fucking your shit up?
>>
>>35570094
How noob are you? As long as you're getting your protein or are a noob, working on strength is fine on a cut.
>>
File: 20151218_151934.jpg (546 KB, 1193x2183) Image search: [Google]
20151218_151934.jpg
546 KB, 1193x2183
What exercises could fix my terribly flat/low chest

>inb4 bench and/or incline bench
>>
>>35570026
It can be hard to tell, honestly.

A soreness that doesn't go away during lifting is a pretty good indicator. Being generally tired all the time, even when well rested, is another one.

But I think the best one is that you're losing strength on your lifts, even though you're bulking and training hard.
>>
>>35564514
how the fuck do I stop stalling on OHP?

Also can Creatine go bad? mine has a best before date and I'm wondering if it's just marketing or will I actually get sick if I take it after that date.
>>
>>35570349
Calf raises and/or hamstring curls
>>
>>35570449
>how the fuck do I stop stalling on OHP?

Eat more, microload, push press negitives(push press the bar up, and then do a slow OHP on the way down)
>>
>>35570449
Drop sets have worked for me (lower weight, more reps).

OHP stalls easily, don't worry about it.
>>
>>35565585
Good /fit/ lifts are 1/2/3/4pl8
Ohp, bench, squat, deadlift.
>>
Over bulked by a bit. 23% bf.
But not strong enough to want to cut yet.
What do? I'm think just keep eating at a maintenance or slight deficit.
>>
>>35570466
._.
>>
>>35570601
Don't feel bad, you've got a truly decent set of chesticles there, bud. They're proportional to your body, at least. Whatever you're doing is working fine.
>>
So I started doing SL a month or so ago and all my lifts have been increasing pretty easily, except for the OHP. I have failed to lift 70lbs on three seperate days now and I'm starting to get embarrassed. I've watch form videos and asked experienced lifters at the gym to check my form and they say I look good. What do /fit/?
>>
>>35570681
Do handstand pushups at home and eat more.
>>
>>35566142
How tall are you?
BB.com shills protons.
You only need .8-1 grams of protein per kilo of bodyweight. Or 1gram per pound of lean body mass, etc.
You don't need any more than 140g, maybe a bit more, if you're on a heavy cut. Especially if you are vegan.
>>
>>35566756
Why not just use a back back?
>>
What is the optimal height to get buff? Not crazy muscles or anything, just a good looking body
>>
File: BrawlCaptainFalcon.jpg (302 KB, 2067x2067) Image search: [Google]
BrawlCaptainFalcon.jpg
302 KB, 2067x2067
How do I get a body like Captain Falcon?
>>
I've gotten super comfy at my uni's gym but now I've gotta intern somewhere else for 7 months. Since I've never had to find a gym before, what kind of things should I look for, questions to ask, red flags to watch for?
Alternatively, can any /fit/izens recommend a good gym in Merrimack, NH?
>>
>>35570847
private gyms are pushy
don't commit to anything until you've looked at least a few. always ask to see their equipment on a tour. be clear and insistent about what you're looking for - just don't let the sales rep rush you.
>>
>>35570701
I'm way too weak to do handstand pushups brah. I've been eating at an approximate 1000 calorie surplus and eating at least 150g of protein everyday.
>>
File: thanksgiving_1.jpg (297 KB, 629x375) Image search: [Google]
thanksgiving_1.jpg
297 KB, 629x375
I am still underweight and have problems with eating more food. How can I learn to just eat more? It's hard for me to get motivated...

inb4 you are just a pussy. I hadand still have some psychological problems, thats why it's hard for me
>>
>>35570925
btw I am M 25 179cm and 57kg
>>
>>35570925
Appetite lags behind activity. You'll be hungrier the more energy you spend.

If you need more calories, add cooking oil, olive oil, butter, lard, any fat into whatever dish you eat normally. Put heavy cream in your cereal/oatmeal, a neutral oil into your shakes, don't trim the fat from your meat, etc.
>>
/fit/ I'm a 5'9 130lb. NYR, and I want to start eating right. The sticky recommends eating roughly 2300 calories a day to gain mass, but does the type of food matter as much as simply getting the calories/protein?

Also, what's the most calorie and protein-dense meat that the average Amerilard can buy in a local supermarket?
>>
>>35570925

Watch Rich Pianas videos on eating and his latest series bigger by the day.

Also eat your food as quickly as possible each meal. Try and get it down you before 20 mins because after that body starts sending stronger and stronger signals of feeling full.

Also realise that sometimes you feel full to the point of feeling sick a few hours after your last meal. Still eat your next meal you'll realise you can eat more food than you can expect if you just start.

Just like lifting when feeling sore, tired, like shit you still often have a great session and set PR'S
>>
If I haven't lifted in over a year and a half should I start back on SS or go back to a split?
>>
>>35571012
Calorie dense meat? Whichever has the most fat.
Protein dense? Whichever has the least fat.

Type of food matters little in terms of gaining mass. Just eat lots.

2300 cals is not enough to bulk. https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/ shows 3850 cals for a male to gain 30 lbs in six months if you're on a weightlifting routine. Trust me, you can stand to gain 30 lbs.
>>
>>35570775
Not tight enough, keeps moving to the side and back and forth, I tried that.
>>
>>35571206
>what are goals
>>
>>35571206
SS until you stall.
>>
How many of you can do ab wheel on your knees and low enough to touch your nose to the floor and back up? How many reps?

Has anyone progressed to feet?
>>
>>35571231
Bulk + Mass
>>
>>35571215
>3850 cals for a male to gain 30 lbs in six months if you're on a weightlifting routine
Holy crap that's a lot of food. Guess I'll be spending a little more on food this year. Thanks for the link.
>>
Hungry skeleton here,

Tomorrow starts my first class of the semester at uni, and with it comes my first serious workout with me working towards a body I'm proud of.

I posted here before asking about SL 5x5 and it seemed like half of you thought it was a solid first program and half of you said it was "a meme" and that I should do a different program. I never really got an explanation though.

Is SL 5x5 a good starting program? I plan on bulking with it as well if that matters.
>>
>>35571315
SL5x5 is a great program to start with. Make sure you take the time and build a proper foundation with your lifts by making sure you have perfect form. A few months/year down the road, it'll give you a really good understanding of the main lifts and from there you can branch out.

Best of luck Anon.
>>
>>35571315
It's not a meme.

The best routine is the one you'll perform with dedication. If you like SL, do it. If you don't like it (because of the volume or whatever), consider a different beginner's routine.

I would advise against altering any of the standard beginner programs, however. You don't have the experience.
>>
>>35571352
Thank you guys, this board has seriously changed my life. We're all gonna make it <3
>>
>>35571359
I didn't plan on altering it at all. I'm not really a big fan of how it starts me off with a 45 bench press (I think I can do more than that) and I feel like with how many weeks it will take me to get to 135 I won't have any aesthetic progress. I guess it's to make sure I have form down before trying heavier weights?

But again, thank you!
>>
>>35571390
>I guess it's to make sure I have form down before trying heavier weights?

Exactly. Don't ego lift. I'd suggest sticking to it how it is written and in a few months, you'll know your body and you can do a few changes if needed.
>>
Since I lift more weight than when I started 6months ago, does this mean I'm burning more calories? I can't tell if I am actually supposed to eat more I am always hungry as fuck these days,
>>
What's the best online meal planner? Scooby's is decent but pretty low food variety
>>
>>35568426
What is nyr
>>
>>35571644
New Year's Resolutioner. See also: >>35431805
>>
I've been going to planet fitness for 3 months and I can now squat 160 pounds on the smith machine. I do 6 sets of 6.

Only problem is my knees are starting to hurt. Is this normal?
>>
>>35570570
Bumping for any help.
>>
>>35571719
on the off chance that this isnt b8, smith machines put you in unnatural positions and are terrible for your knees. And the strength wont translate to freeweight squats. Be better off just using machines imo
>>
Been on EC stack for a month and just realized that it's likely been the cause for some seriously increased anxiety and heart palpitations. Have been taking it for about 3-4 weeks. How long is it gonna take to get completely outta my system?
>>
>>35571926
It'll be gone quick. Three days max, for me.
It makes me manic like adderall and similar drugs, and the come down leaves me wanting to kill myself more than usual. I'm not even bipolar, but cutting is a pain. Yohimbine is even worse.
>>
>>35572100
The one really good thing about EC stack that I loved was the hunger suppression. I had far less desire for midnight snacks and was always full after a meal.

Is there anything that WON'T give me anxiety that will help me not feel so hungry?
>>
>tfw just ate an extra 100g of chicken breast that put me over my daily kcal of 1800

fuck my life

should I go run it off?
>>
>>35572169
How's your second week of dieting treating you?
>>
>>35572169
One day of over or under eating means virtually nothing to a diet, especially an amount that small. Don't stress it.

>>35571586
MyFitnessPal is decent. Kinda bloated nowadays since they teamed up with Under Armor, but still has the largest food database.

>>35571584
It won't have increased your TDEE by a huge amount.

If your weight is moving up over time, both on the scale and on the bar, it's going fine.

>>35571255
Ab wheel on knees isn't too difficult with some practice. Moving from knees to feet is a bitch though.

Make sure to keep your pelvis neutral when using the ab wheel. Most people move into a lordotic position at the bottom, taking stress off of your abs and placing it on your back.

>>35570815
You can do it at any height. The whole "manlet get easy gains" meme is about distribution. 10 pounds of LBM on a smaller frame is much more noticable than 10 lb on a larger frame.

>>35570570
Depends on your priorities. I wouldn't recommend going above 15% on a bulk, but if you want to prioritize strength, go for it.

>>35570306
EC stack tends to have really good results for people, since it has the effects of thermogenesis, appetite suppression, and increased energy all in one.

I'd start there.

>>35570211
What stretch?
>>
File: tumblr_m728lf9JoU1qa931co1_250.png (36 KB, 248x224) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m728lf9JoU1qa931co1_250.png
36 KB, 248x224
I'm 270 lbs of fat, just began doing ICF aND going on a caloric deficit. My goal is to lose fat and reduce flab, not necessarily get an Adonis body. Should I stick to icf for weight loss or do I need to switch to a high rep routine? Should I just switch to primarily cardio altogether until I lose fat?
>>
Am I hurting myself by doing 5X5 bench, ohp, and DL 3x a week? I use 50lb dumbbells for the ohp, and a barbell for the bench and Dl, and I keep the weight the same across all 5 sets for each (currently 170 bench, 250 DL)

I'm a cyclist, btw, so weights aren't my main focus
>>
Question I've been thinking about for awhile now, so my max heart rate for my age is 200 and when I exercise (cardio) I love to push myself to my limit. I keep my hr at an around 180-190, my highest being 197, and I'm afraid that I'm putting too much stress on my heart. Am I just being stupid or is there a real reason to worry? I work out an hour and a half a day, 5 days a week.
>>
i've been lifting for nearly 6 months now, always have been squat focused. Over the last week i started to experience very light but sharp pain on the outside of my knee several times throughout the day, it lasts for a fraction of a second. I don't feel pain during or after squatting. i do other compound movements like deadlift and bench but I don't run or anything else that involves the lower body so I think this has something to do with squatting.
>>
>>35572440
Firstly if you're a trained athlete, those 220-age charts are useless, instead you should get a simple heartrate monitor and look up on the ways to measure your max heartrate. If you have a heart problem then putting your heartrate up is dangerous, otherwise the only thing is that it'll take longer for you to recover, you won't be stressing your heart.

>>35572294
If you're doing a full body day no, as a cyclist you should introduce squats and change your routine that splits up your days. For Cyclists strength training is mainly to balance out your body, as such i reccomend a basic strength program to supplement your training. Too much deadlifts can put a strain on your back, and if you're training for cycling where you pivot from the hips you can further strain the muscles.
>>
How does one get as lean as in the pic? When I lose weight it seems like I lose as much muscle as I do fat...

(Pic is @kateridion on instagram)
>>
>>35572497
Cut to 8% fat (if you truly are a grill), then bulk until you hit 12%. Rinse and repeat.

Also, good genes help.
>>
>>35572514
The lowest I've been was 12% fat and my bmi was 15.5 and I had no more period.
>>
>>35572544
well 12% is what's recommended for men. Women can go lower due to differences in body-fat distribution or whatever term that you're supposed to use.
>>
>>35572567
>Women can go lower
Wtf are you talking about. That is flat-out wrong. Women SHOULD UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES attempt to reduce their bodyfat levels that much.
Case in point >>35572544

They can actually become permanently steril.
>>
>>35572567
I've never heard that, weird since women aren't supposed to go too low because it puts them at risk for osteoporosis if they stop ovulating. Women generally have a higher bf% than men.

http://www.builtlean.com/2010/08/03/ideal-body-fat-percentage-chart/
>>
>>35572587
I see that now. I'm retarded and blame lack of sleep
>>
>>35572587
You can't become permanently sterile but you can stop ovulating until you gain more weight.
>>
>>35572567
Are you actually fucking retarded?
>>
>>35572601
I personally know a girl who is steril after having done a bikini fitness contest. Also a friend of mine's girlfriend is in the same situation.
Hopefully they'll become fertile again at some point, but simply gaining weight hasn't solved the issue. Frankly it's lead to a host of serious problems for both of them.

Being instagram lean is NOT reality. Most of those girls sacrifice a lot on the long-term. It's really fucking dumb.
>>
>>35572614
yes. see >>35572599
>>
Two quick things, best fish oil pill to grab in Canada, and has anyone here experienced weird neck spasms? Every now and then the left side of my neck feels like an electric shock just ran through it which feels like an extreme muscle spasm.
>>
>>35566366
to impress people on the internet with your savvy programming?
>>
>>35566389
Depends on your program, if everything can be completed in 30 minutes great. Get a good program, complete the work required and progress on a regular basis and you will be fine.
>>
>>35566425
dumbells are 'harder' because getting into position and balancing/stabilizing them is a little harder. You're probably not lifting the heaviest you could but as long as you can keep progressing with dumbells and you're not hurting yourself you should be fine. If you stall out strength wise then maybe switch to using the barbells for a month or two and rotate back.
>>
>>35566573
probably your abs cramping up. Try to make sure you're not holding your breath and it should probably improve with time.
>>
>>35572660
I get these neck things too! Once it happened when I touched a telephone pole and I thought it was an electric shock.
>>
>>35566897
that combo of mobility issues sounds like weak stabilizers. Look into strengthening your upper back with a resistance band doing pull aparts and shoulder dislocations as well as unweighted wall slides for your shoulders. Do some glute activation stuff like bird dogs and glute bridges and do some work for your psoas as well. You need to 'pull' yourself down into the low squat position with your hip flexors and not just fall into it to work on the butt wink. Do goblet squats to warm up and then squat heavy to a box or just stop before your back rounds until your mobility improves
>>
>>35567597
only if you're totally fasted before working out or if you have a serious issue eating enough protein. Getting enough food will handle 95% of your needs, aminos are just a little bonus if you are really trying to zero in your macros or something
>>
Thoughts on vitamin fortified food? Can I really get my daily recommended intake just by snacking on a few pieces of fortified bread? Or is there some sort of side effect like not being able to absorb it as well as your veggies?
>>
>>35567644
Rest days are just days off from lifting. It's fine to do your sports on those days. After lifting legs your injury risk is a little higher so put sports before lifting if you decide to do them on your workout days
>>
>>35567910
Get more sleep

take zinc or eat high zinc foods like broccoli oysters brussels sprouts etc

Make sure you're getting enough healthy fats

get 30minutes of direct sunlight per day

win at stuff more often
>>
>>35568296
you will lean forward more in a lowbar position than with highbar, so take that into account. The lower the bar the further back you will need to push your butt in order to keep balance. Go read rippetoes stuff on squatting for a more detailed breakdown of low bar positioning
>>
>>35568426
A greens supplement can help if you don't eat vegetables, maybe a zinc supplement if you really want. Getting enough food is the most important part though, supplements are only for fine tuning once everything else is in line.

A good probiotic is nice for overall health as well, especially if you don't digest stuff well.
>>
>>35568966
read some stuff by eric cressey or mike robertson, even kelly starret. It comes down to regular work on movements that challenge your mobility and strengthen the weak parts. Stuff like goblet squats, reverse lunges, bird dogs and glute bridges for the lower body. Halos, band pull aparts, shoulder dislocations with a broom stick and wall slides for the upper body
>>
>>35569873
probably not :/
>>
>>35570094
lifting heavy is fine, it helps to maintain your muscle mass and avoid becoming skinny fat. Maybe lower the volume on assistance work but make sure to be hitting the big lifts regularly. It comes down to how hard you are going to diet. Full on keto and you may need a very minimal routine, looser diet and you can afford to train more
>>
>>35570349
pushups on parallel bars or rings for extra depth, dips with a forward lean, incline DB press, cable cross as a pre-exhaust for your benching
>>
>>35570449
work on your form, make sure the ribcage is locked down and glutes are tight when you press. I see a lot of people stall out because they are not stable when they press and their lower back is being crunched as they go heavy.

Make sure to engage the lats and biceps on the way down for stability and just stick with it.
>>
>>35570570
yeah just keep the diet clean and keep lifting. Add metabolic finishers or circuits after your work sets or thing about super setting some of your lifts to increase calories burned if you are really concerned about the extra weight.
>>
>>35570681
drop the weight and hit some rep records then circle back. Make sure you are stable and bracing the abs with the glutes tight as you press. Stick with it the OHP progresses slower than most other big lifts.
>>
File: cialis-168.jpg (114 KB, 400x338) Image search: [Google]
cialis-168.jpg
114 KB, 400x338
has anyone here has had some experience with Cialis? I was considering using some of that for "recreational purposes" I can a boner fine for the first time but after I cum I have issues getting and staying hard again
pic related
>>
>>35564707
not him but living with parents and eating homecooked meals
i cant be assed to figure out everything i eat
>>
>>35570815
what kind of demon magic have you found that will let you select your height? the rest of us are stuck with our bodies and do what it takes to get 'buff'
>>
>>35570847
don't stress too much, pick one that is close enough that you will actually go and has the kind of equipment you need for your routine. Don't sign a long term contract if you can avoid it and just feel it out for a month or so. You can look for a new one if it sucks.
>>
>>35570925
try to have one day a week where you push yourself to eat an insane amount. Just like with lifting you have to train your eating abilities and that requires overload.

Worst case scenario get some simple carbs like candy to eat when you start to feel full. The easy sugar can stimulate appetite and doesn't fill you up much.
>>
what will happen to your body if you only do deadlifts for your back? will you be deformed? is it safe to do for like 3 months?
>>
>>35571315
any of the linear progression programs are fine. SL or Starting strength or 5/3/1 or Greyskull LP. The point is to lift heavy and progress often on a regular basis using the core compound lifts for several months
>>
>>35571586
check out eatthismuch.com it's a little wonky sometimes but you can get a lot of meal ideas on the free version of the site and they have calorie/macro information
>>
>>35572242
just stick with whatever program you pick for at least 3 months before switching things around. Anything will work as long as you stick with it and keep your diet in line
>>
>>35571315
SL is decent, but SS is much better, I aint even memeing, if you dont like power cleans you can just do pendlay rows or normal barbel rows
>>
>>35572462
try foam rolling your quads, sometimes tightness in there, especially on the outside around the IT band can cause the knee to mistrack a little bit and lead to pain. Also maybe program in some more hamstring work because that can also help
>>
>>35572731
fortified is generally not as bioavailable as vegetables, but it's better than nothing
>>
>>35572816
viagra is a better bet for recreational fun

>>35572818
well then I guess you can't be assed to see real results from your fitness lol. Consider looking at precision nutrition's articles on estimating your intake using hand measurements or something if you're really against counting
>>
>>35572848
your body will not change enough in 3 months for anyone to consider you deformed unless you hurt yourself. Deadlifting only is an okay option but you had better be lifting heavy and smart.
>>
>>35572848
Assuming you mean you'd up the volume on your deadlifting to compensate for the lack of additional back training, while being smart about it and not running yourself into the ground with too much too heavy work - You can expect some great development of your erectors and some good growth in your upper traps as well. Lats will probably be lacking a bit compared to if you'd been doing lots of rows and pull-ups.

You won't be "deformed" by any means.
>>
>>35572893
>iagra is a better bet for recreational fun
really? how come? I have tried sildenafil (50mg) before it used to do the trick but I have noticed the effect isn't the same as before and i'm afraid to use more because I dont want to go to the hospital with a hardened dick.
>>
>>35572924
works directly on the blood vessels, have had some friends use it to good effect. Might want to do your own research though I'm no expert
>>
>>35572922
>>35572897
thanks, I think ill just add some lat-pulldowns as im too heavy and too weak to do pullups. cant seem to row properly.
>>
>>35571215
3850 is a fucking lot of calories, how do you figure that's 500 above tdee for someone who's 130lbs?
I'm at 170lbs and I only bulk at 3000, which is a pound a week. He'd be gaining closer to 3 pounds a week, which is just gonna make him fat.
>>
>>35572952
try doing 1 arm rows with DBs or even a cable machine, that seems to work for my clients who have issues using their lower backs on 2 arm movements.
>>
>>35572986
He didn't say anything about low back problems.
>>
my deadlift looks like a squat but with the weight starting from the floor. basically just squatting the weight up using more quads than hammies. Is this wrong?
>>
>>35572893
when i comes to counting food i make i can handle it but its like if i get home and my mother has made something and the packaging is already thrown out is when im lazy
>>
I've been hearing a lot of popping/crackling noises in my knees when squatting

Do I just ignore it or what?
>>
>>35573019
go to a doctor and get that shit checked, but dont panic though, it could be nothing my knees have been crackling since I have memory and here i am squatting almost 4pl8
>>
File: 1450807212906.jpg (179 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1450807212906.jpg
179 KB, 960x640
When I curl I pretty much don't feel any biceps just the front delt. What am I doing wrong?

Also, is 3x3 sq monday, 6x4 dl wed and 3x5 fsq friday enough if I just want a balanced lower body but don't rly care about leg aesthetics?
>>
>>35573038
Alright, thanks m80
>>
>>35573000
>Is this wrong?
Yes it is. While the quads are of course involved in a deadlift, it is a hip dominant exercise. When done properly you set up in a way that builds massive tension in your hamstrings. If you're not feeling this then you're doing it wrong. This tension is what you use to begin the movement. You finish with your glutes.

Try this. Stand up straight and "unlock" your knees. Now imagine somebody has tied a rope around your waist and is pulling your ass backwards. As your ass moves further and further back, your torso automatically gets tilted forward until it is almost parallel to the ground. At the same time you should feel tension building in the hamstrings. That's your starting position. More or less.
So you see, the deadlift is more of a "back-and-forth" movement, rather than an "up-and-down" movement.
>>
>>35566386
dont do them on your knees (unless you have to). the angle is different and the carryover will not be that great. do them with elevated hands instead (on a bench, stairs, or on a table)
>>
>>35566516
>Can I put a plate on my back for push ups?
yes, absolutely

>>35566696
less ...engineering people would have used a backpack

it is ok if you fill the rucksack up so the plate does not move
>>
>>35573044
try doing preacher curls or curling with your elbows on a bench and see if that helps. You might just need to pull your shoulders back and stand up straight.
>>
>>35569850
>http://thehybridathlete.com/bodyweight-training-plan/
that is by far the worst non-troll workout that I have ever seen.

go to /r/bodyweightfitness. bodyweight training is ok as long as you do not want to build strong legs
>>
>>35572567
>Women can go lower
WHAT ARE TITS?
>>
File: just.jpg (93 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
93 KB, 540x540
I'm looking for some advice on a new meal plan. I'm a 5 foot, 110 pound grill. Currently inactive because of weather and being too poor for a gym membership. My TDEE is about 1350 kcal. Here goes:

-225g of 1%, low fat cottage cheese (180 kcal)
-2 large poached eggs (140 kcal)
-1 cup of unnecessarily gender-marketed Greek yogurt (80 kcal)
-85g of raw baby spinach (20 kcal)
-200g of steamed cauliflower (45 kcal)
-1 medium orange (60 kcal)
-100g of blackberries (65 kcal)
-1/4 a cup (when uncooked) of oatmeal (75 kcal)
-7g of ground flaxseed (35 kcal)
-cinnamon (10 kcal)
-garlic (10 kcal)
Total: 720 kcal
Deficit: 630 kcal
Macros: 45/35/20

Additional info: I used to be /fit/ in 2015 until Nov/Dec when I got double depression and gained back the 10 pounds that I lost in fall. I'm stuck in a limbo between wanting to be hard as fuck on myself and wanting to take baby steps so I don't get overwhelmed.

>inb4 vegetarian
>inb4 autism
>>
>>35564514
I'm pretty ill right now and I'd definitely do more harm then good if I tried lifting, how do I minimise the loss of gains??
>>
Do cognitive boosting supplements work? If so, to what degree? Any recommendations on good ones? Any experiences good or bad (sorta looking for a before/after kinda thing)
>>
>>35573448
Way too little total calorie intake. The standard recommendation for a man is a deficit of 500 calories. With a TDEE of only 1350 you should probably go with a 250 calorie deficit. Yes weight loss will be slower, but it will be sustainable and healthier.
Don't starve yourself. You'll hate your life and it'll be like pissing your pants to keep warm - it'll work for a short while and then weight loss will stall hard.
>>
>>35573485
I've done similar deficits in the past, but if you say so. It's hard telling when you're being too hard on yourself in this kind of mental state. The outside advice help keep me grounded. Still I gotta ask, is a 350 calorie deficit still too much? I just want these first 5 pounds gone. I feel like shit, physically but especially mentally, after having tasted the sweet glory of 100 lbs..
>>
I got blood work back and found out that my thyroid is fucked up. Should I abuse my medication for weight loss since it's never going to return to normal production anyway?
>>
>>35573465
>Do cognitive boosting supplements work? If so, to what degree?

Like Steroids, Nootropics depend a lot on the individual. Most of them work by increasing your ability to pay attention. The inexpensive ones you have to cycle, and you'll get brain fog and headaches, and the really expensive ones are really expensive.
>>
>>35573610
No. Try to not fuck yourself up more will ya? Have some respect for the rest of your health.
>>
Bit of a retarded question here:

I've adjusted my diet to help improve my gains, before I wasn't eating enough whereas now I have a proper diet. My issue is that I'm always fucking hungry.
I cook myself a huge dinner, eat it then 10 minutes later I feel really hungry again. The only thing that seem to take the hunger pain away is drinking something caffeinated. No idea what's going on.

I've increased my food intake but as a result I've ended up feeling worse than ever.
>>
>>35573610
As far as I know it's not advisable without running AAS too, since you will lose a bunch of lean mass otherwise.
On a personal note, drug abuse is generally a bad idea.

>>35573780
What did that "huge dinner" look like, exactly?
>>
>>35573809
Its probably better if I put some perspective on it, I was a skeleton and have had pretty good results so far. before my meals would be like this-

Breakfast- Apple, two slices of toast
Lunch- Two sandwiches
Dinner- Normally a pasta bake (small portion)

Now its-

Breakfast- Banana, Greek Yogurt, mass gainer shake, toast

Lunch- Tuna pasta, two apples, two sandwiches

Dinner- Two chicken Breasts, Rice, sour cream, diced lettuce. Banana with Greek yogurt, protein shake with some icecream in it, then some oats

Not massive for some people here, but loads more than I was eating before
>>
>>35573847
Try adding a large serving of fibrous veggies to the meal and see if that changes anything.
>>
so, I'm counting calories with loseit, and my plan is to lose, it gives me a 2100 calorie allowance to do so.

However, when i track excercise it gives me more room calorie wise to eat, but should I be hitting near the 2100 daily or should i count the deficit of working out into the allowance.

i.e. 2100 calories, but I run for lets say 300, will make it 2400, but should I still eat around 2100? should i be eating near cap at all for health?
>>
Anyone has experience going to a powerlifting gym? There's one reasonably close by and I was thinking of checking it out.

I got warned for deadlifting in my current gym and they probably don't like me squatting heavy either in their "safe space".
>>
How do you personally determine how much to cut and your exact numbers?

For reference, I'm 6'0" at 180lbs. I'm sedentary (office job), and I'm trying to cut at -500 kcals a week after cutting at -1,000kcals for almost a year. I assume this puts me at or near 1,760 for daily kcal limits. What should I expect to see on the scale cutting like this? Will there be weeks where the needle doesn't move at all? I guess I have the same question for lifting too. I've been lifting since the end of November. Is it just counter-productive at this point and I should switch to cardio-only again until I'm done cutting because I won't be able to add much weight?
>>
>>35573882
How much you should eat is based on your TDEE. How much you move changes your TDEE so your activity level has to be taken into account when calculating how much you should be eating.
That said, calorie counting is not an exact science. It's still effective though.

>>35573887
Do it. Nothing is better for progress than to surround yourself with people who are stronger than you.
>>
>everyday smoker
>run a mile
>cough for the next half hour
i don't know if i should give up smoking for effective cardio or just fuck off with cardio and focus on weight training instead. been smoking pack/day since 18, almost 22 now.
>>
>>35573915
>Nothing is better for progress than to surround yourself with people who are stronger than you

Thanks. I was thinking the same. I am probably the strongest overall in my current gym. Though I expect to be the weakest by far in any half-serious PL gym. The only second thoughts I'm having is because my current gym is literally next door and that is so convenient.
>>
>>35573952
You should probably do the first one. A pack a day is pretty bad.
>>
>>35573882
The problem with exercise and calorie counting, is that your body adapts to exercises like running, and you burn less calories if you're not always going all out(which always going all out is also a trip to snap city)

This means you're just going to have to adjust to suit your needs. Eat like 2200, and if you're losing weight too fast, eat more.

Truthfully, as long as you're hitting your macros, you'll be ok.

>>35573887
Every gym is different. Some gyms are forever alone, while others are fraternities were everyone is ribbing each other and giving each other verbal hand jobs constantly.

Check it out a few times at the time you plan on lifting. See if there's squat racks available to do your stuff. Being around other strong people is worth it, because it's easier to correct someone if you see them live, and they might be able to point out weaknesses that you didn't know you have.
>>
>>35573891
As long as you're making gains, you should continue to lift.

On a deficit, your body eats everything to stay alive, lifting is a signal to your body to not eat your muscles. If you stopped making gains, you can lift a maintenance workout, rather than a strength building workout, but you should always lift.
>>
If it's that inexpensive gym with pizza, you could always lift at both places and lift heavy at the PL gym.

SS Newbies really can't, but at lot of advanced lifters lift heavy at the PL gym and light at more convenient gyms.
>>
File: 1435183489976.jpg (15 KB, 204x255) Image search: [Google]
1435183489976.jpg
15 KB, 204x255
there's no gd weight racks at my apartment's (free) gym so i'm working with dumbells instead, i'll have tools for lifting in march at my uni's gym but i want to run my routine by anyone and get some pointers as i'm still new to training:

>3x12 20lbs curls on right arm
>3x12 20lbs curls on left arm
>3x10 15lbs standing flies
>~10 minute run (about a mile)

I'm at somewhere around 1200 calories a day at 140lbs, 5'10''. what would you change?
>>
when do you guys start cutting?

northern hemisphere
>>
>>35574137
I want to say that's the worst routine I've ever seen in my whole life, but after a couple of years on /fit/ that may or may not be true. Regardless, it's certainly up there with the worst routines I've ever seen. It's so incredibly bad that it wouldn't even make sense to give you any feedback other than telling you to never try creating a routine again until you've fucking educated yourself somemore.
Goddamn.

Also, read the sticky.
>>
>>35574167
:^)
>>
>>35574161
I've just started my cut. Planning to have shed about 7 kgs by May. I'm aiming for a sustainable fat loss so I'm taking it slow and taking breaks in my cut a couple of times along the way.
>>
Hello,

When one has little stomach fat. and starts flexing his abs, and you can start to see the outlines of the abs.

When relaxing you can't see the abs. Does that mean that when cutting a couple of bf% that the abs should be visible?
>>
>>35574359
yes
>>
>>35564514
can someone please post OCB's routine? new computer
>>
>>35574137
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/zc0uy/a_beginner_dumbbell_program_the_dumbbell_stopgap
>>
How do you guys come back from an injury?

I sustained numerous injuries and the most recent left me incapable of doing any sort of physical activities. I then suffered from depression and lost a lot of weight, around 50 lbs in a span of 6 months.

My doctors gave me the OK; however my confidence is at an all time low. I used to be very active and it helped me cope with my anger issues.

Are there any tips you guys can give to more injury prone people?
>>
>>35574359
Probably.

How your muscles look resting is genetic. Some people are showers while others are growers. It's possible that you just won't have visible abs unflexed at all.
>>
Probably a stupid question, but what should I buy? Whey protein powder or creatine?
>>
>>35574479
Prehabs should be done after accessories. Prehab like a motherfucker and take it slowly. Everyone gets injured. When you're 45, you'll be working out against all sorts of injuries, so you better just get use to it now.

Also, don't worry about losing muscle. You'll gain it back really quickly. Just get a linear progression and go for it.

Lifting is a marathon, not a sprint. If you've gotta stop and take a dump, you've got to stop and take a dump. Just pull your pants back up and get back into the race.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.