[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>high blood pressure >can't run >out of breath
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
>high blood pressure
>can't run
>out of breath walking up the stairs
>high resting heart rate
>no cardio since I was a kid
>train at home

But I can lift 1/2/3/4 how do I fix my overall health?

I'm 6'0 and about 190lbs
>>
>>35561822
High blood pressure?
>stop drinking and smoking or however the hell else your posioning yourself.
>jump on the elliptical and hour a day and stop eating shit
>>
>>35561891

I only drink one night per week (12 beers on sat night), don't smoke, so is one hour of cardio a day enough? I reckon I could handle an hour of fast walking.
>>
>>35561822
Drop 20-30 pounds
You're fat.
>>
>>35562054
An hour of cardio will be massively beneficial. Diet is more important at your size though. Restrict yourself to 2000 cals daily and you'll lose weight gradually over the course of the year.
>>
>>35562062
If he can lift 1/2/3/4 and is 190 at 6' he isn't fat.

At least one of those things isn't true.

I'm 6' and was 190 before my cut and couldn't lift 1/2/3/4 and I was never even close to fat.

I have a feeling that OP is lying about something.
>>
>>35562096
If he is 21% now, he will be about 12% if he cuts down to 170 lbs. so he might be kind of chubby.
You can easily hit 1/2/3/4 at 170 lbs 12% body fat.
>>
>>35562122
Yeah but you would be able to walk up stairs without being out of breath. So OP is either lying about his stats or he is paranoid about the fact that steps gets his heart rate up and doesn't realize that it's fairly normal.
>>
Cardio.

Start slowly. Stick with it. Watch your progress.
>>
>>35561822
>I'm 6'0 and about 190lbs
>high blood pressure
>can't run
>out of breath walking up the stairs
>high resting heart rate

Bro, get your fucking heart checked by a doctor? Sounds like you could have a fucked up heart or something.

190lbs at 6', even if you're 30% bodyfat shouldn't leave you with those symptoms. I would seriously consider getting checked by a doc m8.
>>
>>35562096

He could be 25% bodyfat
>>
>>35562054
12 beers is binge drinking. Binging really messes up everything.
>>
>>35562054
12 is a lot of beers, messes with your body... Trust me I used to do that once or twice a week.

Keep it to less than 6... And honestly 1 or 2 beers a night is actually pretty good for you as long as you work it into your macros.
>>
Walk 6 miles a day.

So simple. So great for your weak as fuck heart.
>>
>>35562137
Age is a big issue...
Maybe OP is like, 45 years old?

Because I'm sure we're all assuming he's younger

Cardio is more important the older you get

But I agree, he's def leaving a detail out
>>
>>35561822
Go vegan.

heme iron found in meat raises coronary heart disease, non animal products have no heme iron
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23708150

more likely to devleop heart disease from animal protein sources than plant based sources
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3471136/

red meat raises cholsterol
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7019459

Red meat consumption is asscociated with increased risk in cardiovascular disease and cancer mortality
http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1134845
>>
>>35564306
Is this one guy trying to convince all of /fit/ to go vegan?
>>
>>35561822
VEGAN
E
G
A
N
>>
>>35561822
Whole foods plant based diet

Don't look back, avoid all animal products
>>
>>35564365
No I am too.

I was hypertensive stage 2. Watched Knives over Forks and Dr Greger's youtube channel and went vegan 6 months ago. Changed my life on so many levels. Blood pressure is normal, no medication used just vegan diet, but a whole range over other stuff changed for me also. Mood settled, erections are like being 16 again (I'm 43), body feels light relaxed and full of energy, and I cab concentrate like a laser effortlessly. An amazing turn around. Animal products are killing us, the evidence is there.
>>
>>35561822
How old are you?

I (28) was in pretty much the same spot some 5 months ago. 6'1 and 260 lbs.
I cut out all fast food and drinking completly, changed my diet and started with the "couch to 5km" programm.
After the first two painful weeks where I couldn't keep the program up like I should because everything hurted so fucking much, I started to lose around 2-3 lbs per week and am now close to 200.
>>
>>35564630
EDIT: forks over knives
>>
File: crossfit.webm (3 MB, 638x360) Image search: [Google]
crossfit.webm
3 MB, 638x360
>>35561822
DO CARDIO
O

C
A
R
D
I
O
>>
File: brazil fifa wrecked.webm (3 MB, 1012x568) Image search: [Google]
brazil fifa wrecked.webm
3 MB, 1012x568
>>35561822
while you may be able to brag to all the autists on /fit/ with your 1/2/3/4, doing more cardio now will increase your overall health much more
>>
>>35565949
these soccer players get more top-tier poon than any body builder.
>>
>>35561822
Drink tons of water, it'll train your kidneys to consistently get rid if excess water.
Cut out carbs.

These 2 things will a drastic effect on your weight & BP.
Heart rate varies and depends on if you want to do cardio.
>>
>>35561822
Regardless of what advice you get/follow, I'm gonna recommend you don't visit any saunas in the near future.
>>
>>35565891
Is good while watching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__OSyznVDOY
>>
>>35561822
the high resting heart rate and getting out of breath walking up the stairs are common signs of anemia especially at your height/weight. get some bloodwork done
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.