[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Caffeine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (268 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
268 KB, 1600x1600
I just bought this /fit/. 200mg caffeine pills. Anybody have experience with them?
>>
File: 1426958749634.jpg (86 KB, 338x600) Image search: [Google]
1426958749634.jpg
86 KB, 338x600
It's fucking caffeine. I'm sure you can guess it does.
>>
Because a cup of coffee is too mainstream
>>
Yes, I have the same pills

>crush it
>dissolve in water
>drink
>lift more

It's not hard. You don't need to crush and dissolve but it works faster in liquid form

>>35560898

Coffee stains your teeth, tastes bad to some people, requires more prep, and is more expensive
>>
>>35560860
i have 2 every morning. i don't drink coffee or sodas so it helps get me going.
they're ridiculously cheap from walgreens(and probably everywhere else.)
>>
These pills are very convenient for travelling/hiking and stuff where coffee might not be available or out of your budget range.
>>
>>35560907
>>35560914
Has it had a noticeable effect burning more calories than your body typically would?
I bought mine for $0.04/pill on amazon
>>
>>35560957

No not for me. If that's your problem then just eat less you fat fuck. Caffeine should only be used as PWO since if you take it every day for fat burning you will get addicted
>>
>>35560957
dont think of it like that. it allows you to get more out of your day/more intense workouts. thats it
>>
File: 12353543254.jpg (63 KB, 500x477) Image search: [Google]
12353543254.jpg
63 KB, 500x477
>>35560898
>cheaper than coffee
>doesn't give you nasty coffee teeth and breath

fuck off you hipster
>>
>>35560957
for me, I noticed about 300kcals more burned/day if I take 400mg/d 50mg every two hours
>>
>>35560860
take 1 pill preworkout

you can quickly build a tolerance to them, i used them to wake up and after a few weeks was taking 4 (800mg) to wake up

don't be stupid and take too much, if you find yourself needing 600mg+ to feel anything, lower your dose continually and take a week or so off them to lose tolerance
>>
you got ripped off by supplement jew. i buy this shit powdered in bulk in generic no brand tube container. 500g will last you a lifetime
>>
>>35560907
> drink caffeine to lift more
Uhh I'm pretty sure it comes down to proper training & nutrition, not fucking caffeine intake which will make you lift less when you crash & destroy your appetite.

>>35560957
Yeah caffeine is superior to eating clean. Also suck on ice cubes throughout the day so your body burns more calories warming you back up. When you workout wear a couple layers of trash bags because sweating also burns calories.
>>
Lol when I went to meps the doctors thought I had an issue because I take caffeine pills instead of regular coffee. Of course they said the same thing for my multivitamin lol. "No one under 30 needs vitamins to live". Jewish dude btw.
>>
>>35560860
if u never took them before, split them into 100mg halves, and take 100mg before going to gym. keep it 100mg first few months
>>
>>35561185

I agree with him but he should have said "No one under 30 should have such a shit diet they need a multivitamin"
>>
>>35560860

i take two upon waking totaling 400 mg

helps me get up on days with little sleep, without the hassle of pouring a few cups of steaming coffee down my throat at a time of day when everything that isn't water tastes like ass

never take more than that though since dude caffeineism lmao

they can be used as a cheap substitute to PWOs, although one should practice serious caution since you can easily take too much/develop a big tolerance

imo the sweet spot is 300-400 mg a day since your tolerance won't speed off and it'll still be effective in getting you up, without any adverse effects from the caffeine

using caffeine to increase your bmr or whatever is fucking stupid
>>
>>35561210
Yeah because once you hit an arbitrary age like 30 you magically are allowed to not hit your micros and therefore that arbitrary age is when you should invest in a 20 cent a day multivitamin.
>>
>>35560860
Supposedly 1 pill is equal to a cup of coffee but thats a fucking lie. It's closer to two.
>>
>>35560860
Drink coffee instead.

Also you will have to detox every 4 weeks or so to keep the effect going. It'll look like this:

Week 1 - Good
Week 2- Small tolerance build up
Week 3- Tolerance increased to barely sustainable levels of caffeine
Week 4- Tolerance is more than sustainable/healthy level of caffeine= DETOX this week
Week 5- You've detoxed last week so you can continue as if it's your 1st week.

Note: At the first the tolerance build up might be slower, currently I'm in my 3rd year of postgrad, meaning that I'm basically living on caffeine, and I've noticed that my tolerance build up/detox ratio is increasing each year of consumption.

>tfw Detox week but can't afford because quals and deadlines
>>
>>35561239

It might just be that it's easier to digest so it hits you quicker
>>
>>35561239

depends on the size and strength of the cup of coffee friendo

regional and cultural differences dictate very different brewing strengths
>>
>>35561226
I've been taking 200mg as a PWO pretty regularly (at least 4x a week) for about 6 months, and I've never gone beyond 400mg for the same effects. That's only after like an unusual week straight or so of using 200mg. Maybe it's just me but I can just go a day or two without taking any and my tolerance is practically like new.

If you drink coffee, no real reason to use the pills on top of it in my opinion. I just have a hangup with any non-0 calorie drink (coffee included) so I don't drink it. It won't increase your BMR any significant amount, but it always makes me motivated to workout if I'm not feeling it. Great for staying awake/concentration too. It's not fuckin amphetamines, it's not like you'll kill your appetite and become painfully addicted for the rest of your life if you take caffeine PWO once.
>>
>>35561239
200mg is more than a double espresso would have.
>>
>>35561243
What do you mean by detox?
>>
>>35561273

yeah, it seems like you don't develop an addiction when staying near/below 400mg, at least not in a way that you'll get headaches and shit

rarely drink coffee on days i take caf pills, the exception is like group shit for uni spanning late into the night, otherwise i just don't get any caffeine into my system past 2 pm or so
>>
Ec stack is the best moderate supplement of all time. If you want to use caffeine pills for weightloss, atleast stack ephedrine with it for the proper effect
>>
>>35561299
You stop cafeine intake. In my case I stop drinking coffee, you would be stopping taking those pills.

Also you must increase your water intake when you're drinking coffee as caffeine is a diuretic.
>>
>>35560957
>I bought mine for $0.04/pill on amazon

Link?
>>
>>35561184
>Uhh I'm pretty sure it comes down to proper training & nutrition, not fucking caffeine intake which will make you lift less when you crash & destroy your appetite.
It increases your heart rate and gives the impression of having more energy. It's great for cuts, and otherwise. Even a cup of coffee makes a difference unless you've built up tolerance for caffeine.
>>
>>35561184

You're thinking long term. I'm talking about the short term. It is a stimulant and helps you exert yourself more than you can naturally in a workout session. If caffeine fucks up your appetite long term then it is your fault for not having the discipline to stick to a diet even if you don't want to.
>>
File: 1416891642270.jpg (12 KB, 170x215) Image search: [Google]
1416891642270.jpg
12 KB, 170x215
>>35561184

>caffeine doesn't help you lift more

>preworkout is just a meme
>>
Took them over the summer when I worked landscaping. Wake up and take 1 an hour before you actually want to wake up, and when your alarm goes off the second time you'll wake up ready
>>
>>35560898
It's just a little more convenient than coffee is all. Inexpensive too. Coffee is a good option though if it's readily available.
>>
>>35562737
Good tip.
>>
File: 275590.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
275590.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
Here in Brazil we take GuaranĂ¡ for energy. Perks of living here, cheap GuaranĂ¡ everywhere.
>>
>>35561236
Why not a 3 cent a day Kirkland?
>>
>>35560860
enjoy your lack of sleep and no gains
>>
>>35560860
It's caffeine retard have you ever drank a cup of coffee?
>>
Adderall is the way to go.
>>
I have Jet Alert double strength ones

It's effective and doesn't give me a crash.

I sometimes take one in the morning before my classes for energy.

It was like 5 bucks for 90 capsules, a lot cheaper than coffee
>>
>>35560907
All adults drink coffee. If everyone has coffee breath and stained teeth its not a big deal. Also its a good way to bond with people who probably have 9-5 jobs and pseudo intellectual interests. Would recommend coffee.
>>
I sweat like a nigger in a watermelon convention when i take a tablet, im on 200mg at the moment will take 2 from now on to see if it makes much difference
>>
>>35560860
solid brand. cheap on amazon.
>>
>>35561184
sucking/chewing on icecubes ....meme
>>
>>35560860
They are weak. Generic Yellow pills in the punch packets are stronger.
>>
>>35560914
You have 400mg of caffeine every morning?
>>
I've been taking these pills everyday for probably a year I'm gonna feel like shit once I quit
>>
>>35560860
200mg is fine. no a can of energy drink is 150-160mg and a scoop of pwo had 200mg too
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.