[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1452316805931.gif (913 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1452316805931.gif
913 KB, 400x300
Alright /fit/ how do I exercise? In 5'11 and 180 pounds. I haven't exercised a day in my life but I gotta care for my parents so all my exercise has to be free and at home. What can I do?
>>
Read the sticky.

Get a gym membership. You're not in prison.
>>
>>35559613
Can't man. My parents are sick and I can't really drive there and the nearest gym is on the other side of the city. Busses don't come by here either
>>
>>35559644
Sorry to hear that. What is your current state? Are you skinny or fat?
>>
Buy one of those chin up bars that attach to a door frame

You can also do push ups

That's a good start
>>
>>35559672
Well I have a gut and my arms are like twigs
>>
>>35559644
That sucks but read the sticky
>>
do mainly bodyweight routines but you can buy a few dumbbells i guess
>>
File: hannibal.jpg (82 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
hannibal.jpg
82 KB, 600x449
>>35559605

Read the sticky.

Then either get your own weights, or get a good bodyweight routine (you'll need some equipment too though, like a pullup bar at the very least).

Here's the /asp/ bodyweight thread with lots of good BWF resources:
>>>/asp/848098
And their pastebin with recommended routines:
http://pastebin.com/DETH4J6k
>>
>>35559605
buy two dumbbells, something benc-like and a pullup bar, shouldn't be too expensive.
then do this until you feel you don't progress any further: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html
add cardio two times a week and you'll be set for the next two years.
>>
File: 4LeMVAW.jpg (868 KB, 1562x4158) Image search: [Google]
4LeMVAW.jpg
868 KB, 1562x4158
OK brutha do the following

- Pic related is a good calisthenics advice. You won't get huge, but can become a solid otter with bodyweight.

- This routine is actually pretty shit for a beginner (as you progress, it will soon get too hard to do 3 times a week, after which you will want to do a push/pull split, incorporating even more exercises and training 4 times a week)

- You can do most of it at home. Get a pullup bar if needed (pretty solid investment). Or go to a childrens playground. Or a sport park. Dunno. You will find a way.

- Aim for 12 reps, none of that faggy 8 rep shit (calisthenics are not intense enpugh to justify such little rep ranges)

- Read the sticky for nutrition

I think that's it... Go OP, we're all gonna make it!
>>
>>35559853
>Aim for 12 reps, none of that faggy 8 rep shit (calisthenics are not intense enpugh to justify such little rep ranges)

If it's not intense enough then you're not doing the exercise progression you should be doing, if you can do twelve reps then you should've moved to a harder progression way earlier.

But all in all, yeah, StartBodyweight is an alright routine.
>>
And start running around the neighborhood for cardio, you will need it.
The start bodyweight infographic is good but it's really hard to get a sculpted body with only calisthenics. You'll have to be dedicated as fuck. One day if you stick to it, you'll want to get a gym membership.

And don't forget. Training is the third of the work. Eating and sleeping right is obligatory.
>>
>>35559906
Well, my thinking goes that if you work up to 12 reps, you still will make hypertrophy gains in the meantime; and the progression will be easier once the time has come. I mean, why would you "change" a lift that is still working for you ahead of time? Shouldn't the increased volume/technique practise justify going up to 12?
>>
>>35559958

Eh, I guess you could do that. Cali training is just not very hypertrophy-focused really, which is why everyone suggests working in the 5-8 rep range.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.