[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
durgs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 500x331
Hey /fit/,

degenerate drug user here. I wanna stop. My best is slowly ruining himself in front of me and I don't wanna follow in his footsteps, can someone who has gone through this please give me some advice?
>>
>>35559556
best friend*
>>
Stop doing drugs

/thread
>>
>>35559556
stop drugs
>>
absolutely any attempt at rehabilitation is doomed from the start if you stay within the same social circle or lifestyle

cut your friends entirely out of your, get a new job (or just a job if you don't have one), move if possible. Start 100% fresh and put drugs entirely out of your mind after the hell of detox

NA is worthless. Use internet support groups if you really need them
>>
Move to a country that has no drugs and super strict drug laws like Singapore.
>>
>>35559574
i can't move. should i tell my friends the reason i'm cutting them out or just keep ignoring their requests to hangout until they don't anymore. any recommendations for internet support groups?
>>
>>35559574
This.

As you said yourself, youre a degenerate, and degenerates cant think for themselves. They are the sum of their surroundings and yours aparently is druggies.

Just cut all the drug users and dealers out of your life, block them on all social media and dont hang out at places where they do.
>>
>>35559603
If the substance has physical withdrawls then just cycle down to a low dose and deal with them, itll only be a few days.
>>
>>35559599
Lion rock recovery
>>
>>35559556
Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>35559620
i don't have money for that but i'll keep looking to see what i can find.

>>35559617
thank you
>>
>>35559626
already tried lmao. but nah i'm stinking around, 'cause i'm gonna make it
>>
>>35559556

i can't have a friend cuz these niggas be playin
im not gonna stand here while these niggas hating
i called a nigga bitch now that bitch nigga hatting
damn
>>
What drugs OP ?

could try to become a weekend user.
>>
>durgs
>>
>>35559696
weed/wax mostly

recently added coke to the mix because weed was fucking up my cut. although the coke has been working well, i know it's stupid as fuck to be doing in the first place. and no, i don't wanna be a weekend user, i always end up back where i started
>>
>>35559731
Get a job or hobby that youd be doing all day to keep your mind off the drugs and after a while not doing drugs becomes a habit.
>>
>>35559745
that's the thing, i was depressed and unmotivated and that's what got me into drugs in the first place. i'm afraid without them i'll have nothing to live for, yet i know they're killing me slowly
>>
>>35559599
Clean break is the way to go. No explanations.
>>
>>35559731
>weed/wax

lmao. literally just fucking stop, fag. don't let your friends bully you into it either.

the coke is the one that could become a real problem if you let it, although i personally fucking love cocaine
>>
>>35559731
>help /fit/, drugs are ruining my life
>what drugs?
>weed

That's not even a real drug, faggot. You can just fucking stop smoking and that's that. As for the coke, that shit can kill you, stop while it's fresh.
>>
>>35559924
it is a real drug faggot. i've literally tried 20+ drugs and that's the one i can't get away from
>>
>>35559765
>that's the thing, i was depressed and unmotivated and that's what got me into drugs in the first place. i'm afraid without them i'll have nothing to live for, yet i know they're killing me slowly

You need to find motivation outside of drugs.
No matter how hard you want to stop, if you can't enjoy everyday life, you will always come back. We're people, after all.
So try to taper off a little bit so you can have time to get your life back on track. Look back into your childhood a little bit and try to find what interests you had. Did you play an instrument? Did you like computers? Did you like sports? Usually people can very much enjoy activities that are related to their childhood.

Also, working out really helps with the cravings. Eminem literally spent 3-4 hours a day running when he was on rehab.

So, make a plan:
1) Taper off drugs a little bit, keep them on a minimal limit (I'll assume you do opiates because that's what people usually mean under "degenerate drug addiction" - then keep the dose small enough that one hit a day can make you calm - not happy, but calm)
2) Search your childhood for stuff that you enjoyed to do, and prepare the activities for when you get off - be it playing an instrument, programming, playing a sport, writing prose, or else
3) Try to find a source of income, be it a job, a family member who is willing to help you, a friend, or else
4) Decide for yourself are you really ready not to feel the high ever again, to find joy in everyday life. If the answer is yes, proceed to:
5) Cut all contact with people who are somehow related to drugs - even a catch-up beer with an old friend could lead to him talking you into relapse. You're not strong enough to resist social pressure. Get off drugs, survive the withdrawals and then struggle every day to keep a positive mindset, try to see depression as "temporary feeling that will go away with time". Do activities that you prepared beforehand.
*comment too long*
>>
>>35559939
so basically you're asking /fit/ to tell you how to stop being a weak willed pussy
>>
>>35559949
*continue*

You should keep in mind that it could take days, weeks or months depending on your mindset to feel good in everyday life again.
Having somebody as a support could help very much.

Good luck.
>>
>>35559939
That's because you are a limp dick bitch pussy butt fucked little fuckboy.
>>
>>35559924
>>35559872
Actually weed is as addictive as any other drug.
This coming from a guy who has gone trough meth, fentanyl and benzo withdrawls.

The main thing with being addicted to drugs isnt that if you dont do it you will get withdrawls. More often than not the physical sideeffects are easier than a flu. What addiction really is, is you thinking its okay to do and dosnt do any bad, even tho you might know that its bad for you.
Drug addicts dont take the drugs against their own will, they take them becuase the drugs make them feel good. What makes people become junkies is the junky culture of short sightedness and lack of self dicipline.

As for weed not being bad for you... I've had like 10+ friends turn into vegetable shits because of their daily smoking habits.
>>
>be me
>out with qt girl
>she asks if i ever did drugs
>explain that two or three times a year I take a psychedelic
>shes all like 'lmao I smoked weed once, i know somebody who went to the jungle to do ayahuasca!'
>starts flaking on me, I cut contact
>few weeks later hear from her friend she doesnt wanna see me because I 'do drugs'

Wtf, when did psychedelic shaming become a thing lads?
>>
>>35559951
>>35559965
thanks for the enlightening input

>>35559949
>>35559962
thanks a lot, friend
>>
>>35559981
Only withdrawal you get from quitting weed is boredom, which you can counter with exercise.

Unless you burn through like a gram or more a day, in which case you should just kill yourself because you are probably a retard to begin with.
>>
>>35559981
true man, some of my friends have changed considerably, and it's sad to watch.

>>35559990
that's not shaming, she's just not into it
>>
>>35559981
>What makes people become junkies is the junky culture of short sightedness and lack of self dicipline.

literally all you had to say was this. people who can't quit smoking weed don't go through weed withdrawals because that's not a fucking thing.

It's a lack of self control, and innability to overcome psychological dependence
>>
>>35559990
She doesnt wanna be with someone who takes stuff 2-3 times a year.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 461x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 461x700
>>35560008
A gram isn't even enough to roll my blunts. Get on my level
>>
File: 1408324882256.jpg (16 KB, 237x212) Image search: [Google]
1408324882256.jpg
16 KB, 237x212
>>35560039
>smokes blunts
>wants us to get down on his level
Sir, are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>35560008
>>35560012
My point was that physical addiction is easy to deal with for anyone who has half or more of their brain left. The real trouble is the psychological addiction.

Also imo stuff like heroin, meth, fentanyl and other "hard drugs" are easier to quit than weed because with those you actually feel sick and feel it wreack havoc on your body in addition to having to deal with all the shady people. But weed is easy to get almost anywhere and it kind of actually makes your body feel better.
>>
File: 20140509_213542.png (685 KB, 1175x884) Image search: [Google]
20140509_213542.png
685 KB, 1175x884
Op, why are you just a faggot?
If you want to smoke weed fucking smoke weed, if you're a scared puss-wagon, then fucking man up and stop.
Fucking christ, why can't people learn to do shit in moderation?
>>
>>35560083
I'm asking for advice to help me quit and stay off it. I was hoping some fellow anons who have been through addictions could help. If you don't wanna contribute, pay no attention and move on, it's that simple.
>>
>>35560100
ayy lmao dude
tell us what youre going to do about it !
>>
File: 1404693933262.jpg (132 KB, 437x368) Image search: [Google]
1404693933262.jpg
132 KB, 437x368
>>35560100
My advice was pretty clear.
Problem: You have a weak/no willpower
Solution: Stop being a faggot, or learn how to moderate yourself. Take the amount of weed you smoke now and reduce it by a 4th. Then do it again in a month or two.

What would you stay to a landwhale?
Stop fucking eating like a bitch-nigga, learn how eat smaller portion sizes.

Humans can live up to ~80 years.
Take your time.
>>
>>35560133
i have the willpower, i already started, i was just asking for extra advice, that's all
>>
>>35560100
No need to to cut your friends out entirely, just for the first week while you get over the initial withdrawal. If you're like me, you'll still chill with them and play vidya just not as often, as you'll find that you're suddenly interested in other things.

The hardest thing is getting to sleep on the first few nights, you should be fine after that.

Start drinking caffeine-free tea to help with the oral fixation, and stretch more.

Just getting started sucks. You will not sleep well for a few days.
>>
>>35560100
>>35560158
Lifting is a pretty good hobby for not being bored. Start doing cardio like biking, learn and take your time to cook good proper meals etc, your day will be filled.
>>
>>35560122
nothing. if you wanna shitpost be my guest. you're not gonna get a rise out of me
>>
>>35560189
i already lift and cook proper meals. it's one of the few things that keeps me going
>>
>>35559599
Whoa, whoa, dont want to trip anyone's red flag. Pll hate those that leave to improve. Just fade out slowly. Be too busy and stuff, shorten convos ect.
>>
>>35560281
thanks senpai
>>
>>35560281
let's say i've been sober for like 6 months, would it be a bad idea to talk to my friends again? is that just asking to fall back into the cycle?
>>
>OP has problems with weed and asks how he can stop it
>stoner kids get mad at him for insulting their precious plant
lmao

OP, if you want to kick the habit, you gotta kick everyone who reinforces it.
cut out every friend who smokes. if family smokes, move away and reduce contact.
minimize your exposure to the drug and to anybody who uses, grows or sells it.

you'll have to make sacrifices, but it's the only way. kicking the addiction itself is hard enough - if you add peer pressure on top of it, success becomes even harder.
>>
>>35560654
thanks man
>>
>>35560060
>imo stuff like heroin, meth, fentanyl and other "hard drugs" are easier to quit than weed
you truly are a fucking degenerate
>>
This is coming from a guy who does not know what he's talking about.
>>35559731
get your mind off of getting high. Starting fresh as guys here mentioned is good.

Remind yourself that this is something you do have a control over.

get a hobby, an active one should be good, I guess.

Bad habits can only be overcome if good ones take their place.

It is in your control, stop doing it.
>>
>>35559556
It's hard but worth it
>lost driver licence bc busted with weed (apparently I am a liability in traffic)
>screw this shit still gonna smoke weed don't need car have bike and muscles
>realize it's still usefull to be officialy able to drive
>try to quit weed
>2 weeks goes perfect
>lift with smokebro
>asks if i wanna join he got purple haze
>fuck smoking again
>quitted again
>weed free for 3 months now
>low contact with them
>feels kinda sad but best for ME!
>relapsed again

quitting now again and I don't have contact to them anymore only meeting at the gym sometimes and decline invitations since they can only smoke and nothing more

remember your surroundings influence you a lot. And most important don't blame them when you relapse. Your lack ofwillpower made you relapse in that situation.
there are 2 ways to fix that problem
>avoid those situations (cutting friends)
>get more willpower and learn to say o to drugs

Now those 2 are the possibilities and you have to do them both first start with cutting friends. And then do something with the new time you have. This is maybe the most important step. Most people smoke weed and get slower. Since they can't do things properly anymore they smoke out of boredom. Stoned>boredom. Pick up somthing you really wanted to do and stick of it This is part of your willpower training. and when this is a routine do something else. until your day is filled. But remember don't stress out to much with filling the day. give yourself time to relax.

What is helping me to relax is yoga. (And yes as male it looks ridiculous) But it helps you focus on your body. And some poses are great as ab-exercises. (Try yoga with adrienne on youtube she has a simple 30day beginner routine)
but remeber don't become a social outcast this will backfire. Since facebook exists try to reconnect to old friends who don't smoke weed. Trust me they will like it to resocialze with you and then be strong

I wihs you good luck and we both gonna make it
>>
>>35561479
solid. thanks a lot
>>
>>35561501
Thanks a lot man. And you're right yoga is awesome I'm gonna up the frequency.

we gon' make it
>>
File: 200_s.gif (63 KB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
63 KB, 356x200
I guarantee you by simply 'stopping to use drugs' or 'just doing less' you wont get away from it. It's like treating the symptoms and not the disease.
Changes in life is the solution. Lifestyle, Social Connections, etc.

>>35559949
really great post; stick to this op, try to UNDERSTAND each step and what it means for you

best of luck my friend
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.