[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>starting a fulltime position third shift (12am -8am) how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
>starting a fulltime position third shift (12am -8am)

how fucked am I /fit/? any other third shifters here?
>>
No, I work normal hours because I am a normal person.
>>
>>35559249
I did it for 6 months and it was fucking horrible. My sleep pattern was knocked out of line constantly, I could never do anything with my friends or gf (who broke up with me because of the job), I never made it to the gym, never had time to do my hobbies (asleep during the day, awake when everything is closed), and when I wasn't working I was exhausted all the time. There's a reason it typically pays better and it's also the reason it has a ridiculously high turnover.
>>
>>35559249
2 to 10 here. Shoot yourself now.
>>
File: 1451967059216.jpg (95 KB, 486x658) Image search: [Google]
1451967059216.jpg
95 KB, 486x658
>12am - 8am

you couldn't find a different job without those shitty hours? what is it?

prepare for night owl mode, you will be disconnected from society unless you're off from work.
>>
What kind of job makes you work that? I pulled constant 12 hour shifts managing fast food and that was enough to make me quit.
>>
>>35559299 here

>>35559311
Mine was tech support and IT security while I was in college; basically I had to stay up to make sure the library's databases and servers were running and that nobody was trying to hack them (which was more common than you'd think; mostly alum).
>>
>>35559249
>wahhhh i have to work 12am to 8am

I work 7pm-7am 5 days a week. If you cant manage to still go to the gym youre not a man.
>>
OP here the position is maintenance electrician.
>>
>>35559352
>gets worked like a dog with horrible hours for shit pay
>i-its manly guys!
Nothing manly about being your bosses little bitch for half of your day.
>>
>>35559352

8pm - 8am here. I work alone being nightwatchman and bring along some weights. Getting paid to lift. Still manage the gym 3 days before I head out too.
>>
>mfw work 1pm to 9pm

>wake up at 9:30am, gym from 10:00 to 12:00
>get back home, eat post-workout meal and leave for work at 12:45
>work
>get back home at 9:15 and usually waste an hour online followed by a movie followed by 9 hours of glorious sleep
>mfw the evening before my rest day, I always go out to a bar/club, get home at 3:00am and still sleep a full 8 hours before waking up for work

get on my level plebs
>>
>>35559413
>get home at 3 am
>wake up at 9:30
>sleep for a full 8 hours
learn 2 math
>>
>>35559249
>Work 5:30pm to 5am
>No time for gym during the week
>At least get a 3 day weekend
>lift friday, too tired to lift saturday, lift once again on Sunday
>mfw have to hit every muscle group in 2 days
>>
>>35559249
i worked night shifts as a engineer on a construction site. it was actually pretty fun as we didnt have to do much really and i just sat there watching movies.
it really fucks with your sleeping pattern though. regardless of how much you sleep you will still feel tired when you wake up. and it definitely affects your concentration in the gym.
>>
How can I stay fit when I get put on evening watch for being a rookie
>>
I alternate between 6-14, 14-22, 22-6
Changes every week, sometimes I want to shoot myself
>>
>>35559422
He said his day before his REST day, he can sleep in
>>
>>35559249
I did that shit for like a year

cover your windows with aluminum foil, sleep with earplugs in. Get a timer for your room lights so they turn on 15 minutes before your alarm goes off, take big doses of melatonin before going to sleep

Don't work third shift for too long though, that shit will kill you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shift_work_sleep_disorder

I can confirm, I felt like garbage after a couple months
>>
I work the 11pm-7am shift as a college campus police officer. During the summer and winter breaks the campus is almost completely dead, so we're allowed to work out at the college gym for an hour on duty, depending on the staffing level that night. Staying in shape is obviously a better use of downtime than watching videos on my phone or whatever other fuckery I'd be up to. It's a pretty /fit/ job I guess. I need to stay on nights to accommodate my class schedule (free classes for college employees) so I'm not leaving anytime soon.

Actual advice: Wake up and go to bed at roughly the same time every day. Most people have no fucking frame of reference for what life if like when you work nights, and you have to educate your friends and family that 3pm for you is identical to 3am for them. It's a different lifestyle. There's a reason people in public safety and healthcare constantly end up married.
>>
>>35559395
If you don't have the intelligence, is suicide the only way out?
>>
>>35559249
>any other third shifters here?

no, i go to work whenever i want, browse 4chan and sip coffee until i decide to do some work, go home early and earn ton of money

getting good at something finally pays off.
>>
Can confirm that overnights are easier on your social life than evening shift. You sleep when you get home in the morning, wake up in the afternoon and it's fine. I see my gf more now that I'm on nights even more than I did when I was on day shift. 4pm-12pm shift is true kill yourself mode.
>>
>>35559679
>4pm-12pm shift

20 hour shifts?
>>
>>35559716
I meant to type 12am but yes I guess it could always be worse.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.