[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Frozen food is bad for you This is just a meme to get you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: hotpocket.jpg (96 KB, 1500x1120) Image search: [Google]
hotpocket.jpg
96 KB, 1500x1120
>Frozen food is bad for you

This is just a meme to get you to buy expensive organics at Wholefoods, right?
>>
>>35556417
How much do hotpockets pay you per post?
>>
>>35556434

9 dollars for 12 so, less than a dollar each pocket.
It's fast, convenient, tastes alright since I'm not too picky.
>>
>>35556417
>people falling for the organic food meme
>>
>>35556417
What does /fit/ eat anyway? I feel like my appetite doesn't disappear unless I eat something calorie dense, particularly meat. However I don't think I could stay sane eating fucking skinless chicken breast every day.
>>
It's "bad" for you because of preservatives
>>
>>35556462
I just had 3 wraps with spiced mince, lettuce, tomato, wholegrain wraps and watermelon juice
>>
>tfw my state doesn't even have a whole foods
>>
>>35556455
It's not a meme if you live in USA and don't want to die from radiation poisoning
>>
>>35556462
I'm the same with meat.
If there's no meat on the plate I just don't feel full at all...
>>
>>35556417
Nigga frozen food is 5 times more expensive than fresh food.
>>
As long as it's not all you eat. I hate the term flexible dieting, but that seems to work fine.

Some frozen food here and there is okay as long as you get whole foods like fresh freggies and meat at least once a day.
>>
>>35556495
>radiation poisoning
>no more radiation than your walls, counter tops, your clothes, you
They clean food with broad radiation to kill bacteria and such so you don't get sick, and so they don't have to either treat it with chemicals that could actually get you sick, or make it all in a Clean Room.
>>
>>35556455
Came here to post this
>>
File: hot-pocket-ingredients-blog.jpg (44 KB, 500x143) Image search: [Google]
hot-pocket-ingredients-blog.jpg
44 KB, 500x143
enjoy your cancer
>>
Post evidence for these things or get the fuck off 4chan and shut the fuck up:

Frozen food causes cancer

The negative effects of frozen food can be counteracted by fresh food as long they are eaten within the same day

Living in the USA exposes you to more radiation than anywhere else in the food. So much exposure that noticeable effects are recorded

This entire thread is broscience up until now. Post a source and back up what you say or shut the fuck up
>>
>>35556417
When people say "frozen food is bad for you" they mean unhealthy nasty shit like hot pockets or pizza rolls.

There is literally no room in *anyones* diet for processed snack food.
>>
No it's so that you don't eat a gram of sodium in one meal you retard. Ever read a nutritional label on frozen food? Shit has way more sodium than normal food.
>>
>>35557433

>Frozen food causes cancer
Some of the chemicals that are put in some frozen foods could, yes.

>Negative effect [...]
No, it doesn't work like that. If I eat a bunch of acid, then I eat a bunch of base a few hours later, it's not going to repair my dissolved intestines. Not saying that frozen foods are inherently harmful, I'm just poking my finger through the vast hole in your logic.

>Living in the USA [...]

A. You could say that, since the USA is pioneering the new technique in cleaning foods with irradiation.

B. Irradiating foods doesn't make them radioactive, the high energy waves pass through the foods, killing bacteria, fungi, and viruses, while not altering the nutritional value of the food, or causing any detrimental affects, at least in the 40 years of extensive study.

C. You seem to be looking at radiation as anything more than energy. It is not some blanket-term for poison or toxin, that, if it touches your food, makes it deadly. It is just energy waves, a higher frequency than light or radio, and passes through the food killing microbes. It doesn't stay with the food, and doesn't make the food radioactive.

>Sources
Sure
http://uw-food-irradiation.engr.wisc.edu/Facts.html
http://www.cdc.gov/nczved/divisions/dfbmd/diseases/irradiation_food/

>Frozen Foods
Again with these blanket terms. Frozen foods are just that, foods that are frozen. Freezing food lets it stay fresh longer, as bacteria is unable to reproduce in freezing temperatures, eliminating the problem just a hundred years ago of widespread food spoilage, and farms needing to be on your doorstep. People have a bad image of frozen foods because they think of the unhealthy things, like Hot Pockets or Pizza Rolls, not frozen peas, beef, or peaches that are frozen to increase their lifespan.
>>
>>35556417
Wholefoods sells frozen food nigga
>>
>>35556434
>>35556453

LOL! 4Head
>>
>>35557433
>Post a source and back up what you say or shut the fuck up
You are looking for /pol/
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.