[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /fit/ drink?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: steak.jpg (87 KB, 940x560) Image search: [Google]
steak.jpg
87 KB, 940x560
Does /fit/ drink?
Why?
How much?
>>
I drink a couple times a week because I enjoy booze. I brew beer and I like whiskey. It probably interferes with my gains, tho.
>>
>>35553831
My liver area just hurts from thinking of drinking. Bad experiences
>>
no.
i dont feel the need to and i dont go out anyways. would rather not start a bad habit.
>>
>>35553831

I drink a few times a year; it isn't that important to me. Granted I'm 28 so the glory days of getting japped and wheeling some crotch are over.
>>
Yes
To numb the pain of time
As much as I need
>>
I drank last night and I think it's the last time I'm going to drink, though I'm not swearing off alcohol 100%.

I don't get it, I don't like the taste of alcohol and on top of that I don't like being drunk.
>>
File: had a couple of drinks.jpg (92 KB, 640x580) Image search: [Google]
had a couple of drinks.jpg
92 KB, 640x580
I drink whiskey every night senpai.
>>
once or twice a week. 2-3 glasses of wine after dinner thursday (no work fridays) and drunk in the weekend with some weed
>>
at least once a week. usually 2-3.
>>
>>35556025
You're an idiot for drinking it then.
>>
>>35556025
dont get drunk.

p.s. no one really likes the taste of alcohol.
>>
>>35556052
Fuck off child
Don't speak for everyone when you're clearly some 16 yr old underage shithead
>>
>>35553831

how many drinks can you have before it negates a workout done the same day? (or the day after?)
>>
>>35553831

>Does /fit/ drink?
Occassionally
>Why?
For funsies on weekends
>How much?
Usually nurse two doubles of bourbon and I'm good for the night. Sometimes shots if my friends want to do a round.
>>
I go out once or twice a week, don't drink enough to get drunk unless some girl is obviously trying to get me and her to drink enough for drunken sex

Bar drunks are the friendliest people you can meet if you work on social games desu senpai
>>
Used to drink at least 3 days a week. All if a sudden I stopped liking the taste so I haven't had a drink in like 18 months. Wasn't hard to quit since it became nasty to me. I miss getting buzzed and playing vidya but everytime I try a new alcohol in makes my stomach churn.
>>
>>35553831
No, because I don't like the taste, it's effects on me and I rarely go anywhere anyway, so might just as well get rid of it completely.
>>
>>35556107
I tried different types of alcohol before this 18 month sobriety.
>>
File: lagavulin-16.jpg (131 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
lagavulin-16.jpg
131 KB, 1600x1200
>>35553831
Yeah. Weekends only now that I'm cutting. Only single malts. 2-5 glasses, depending.
>>
>>35556107
Do you have GERD?
>>
File: LntNx7m.jpg (1 MB, 2323x3096) Image search: [Google]
LntNx7m.jpg
1 MB, 2323x3096
>>35553831

yes, too much. It's one of my new years resolution to cut down on it. Over the summer I would get home from work and just drink, probably would do 7-8 drinks per night on average. Sometimes more.

I think the worst part was that when I went out with my friends, they'd be getting buzzed as hell and I still felt more or less sober. It really put it into perspective.

Not only that, I've wasted a tone of time of my life doing it, when you consider the hours spent under the influence. There was zero productivity at all. Some nights when I wouldn't drink I'd feel like I was just staring at a wall waiting for the morning to come.

I don't think i'll ever have to go "cold turkey" on it, I still feel alcohol has a place in society and makes a good social lubricant when used in moderation. But yeah, I've been limiting it to weekends (and with friends) only. No more solo drinking.
>>
>>35556052
You must not be drinking the right things.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (6 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
6 KB, 194x259
a Supreme Drink for a Supreme Gentleman
>>
Usually once every few days. I like whiskey, especially scotch, and some cocktails.

I also like beer on an empty stomach, otherwise it makes me feel way too bloated.
>>
>>35556162
Sounds like you were borderline alcoholic.

It's good you are attempting to take control of it now before it gets out of hand.

The any you were drinkhave no is HOW a ton of people are in society. The rest are on Xanax and Prozac or binge eating.

My sister-in-law drinks vodka soda every single day till she's falling asleep on the couch. It's had a detrimental effect because now my brother drinks more than he used too. Back in the day he used to slam an entire bottle of vodka with two or three friends and they wouldn't even feel it anymore so they started buying hundred proof to feel it.
>>
>>35556231
The way you were drinking*
>>
>>35556231
yeah of course, your sister in law pretty much describes how I was.

Out of curiosity, how old is she?

I'm 22 (was 21 over the summer, but drinking since U21) and I guess I always told myself that I was too young to be an alcoholic, that takes years to develop. But I started seeing signs and decided to cut back.
>>
File: 1421947213992.jpg (409 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1421947213992.jpg
409 KB, 1920x1080
i go out 1-2 times each week (would actually prefer to go out more, like 2-3 times but i don't have enough / the right friends). Also feel like i'm too old to start college now (i'm 24). I'm seriously considering moving to like Ayia Napa or something just so i can party more . Problem is , from my experience at least, building a completly new social network is hard if you dont go to uni or have a proper job where people actually care about getting to know eachother.
>>
>>35556150
Just looked it up and I guess so. That's the reason I quit drinking alcohol and soda as well as some juices.
>>
i used to...not much anymore. in college and shortly after i drank every weekend, friday and saturday. now i rarely drink, maybe twice a month. the hangovers are just too horrible now that drinking isnt worth the pain felt the next day
>>
>>35556162
>>35556231

Actually, that was me two summers ago.

I realized that it was becoming a problem, and I was worried about dependency, so I cut way back on it.
>>
Not as much as I want too, too many empty calories and i dont have self control to stop at one so i save it for the weekends now where i give myself a treat to a few ounces of whiskey, rarely get drunk anymore
>>
File: 1450707074324.png (21 KB, 252x297) Image search: [Google]
1450707074324.png
21 KB, 252x297
>>35556364
jesu christu

breh.
>>
>>35556364
Bro, there's a guy in my college program who's in his 30s. Honestly, as long as you're not geezer-aged or a weird cunt, no one cares. Sign the fuck up, learn something, and drink/party to your heart's content.

Also, submit yourself to horrible debt.
>>
>>35553847
Probably? post a pic and let us be the judge, anon.
>>
No.
Personally i crash hard from alcohol.
Its empty calories.
Your body uses alcohol as energy before fat/glycogen.
MPS has been shown to be slow for 48 hours after consumption of alcohol.
You do faggot shit.

Take uppers instead. EC/Coke
>>
I drink every single night and some times during the day.

I drink to take the pain that she'll never love me, that I wasn't good enough for her, and that no matter how much I train, no matter how much I study, no matter what I do, Ill never be worth of being loved in the same way I lovef her.
>>
I haven't drabk any alcohol for at least 2 weeks. I'm not alcoholic but I want to leave that "grtting shitfaced every weekend lifestyle", however I really lack confidence when sober,I can only get girls while drunk. Idk what to do, I feel anxious. I'm bored at my house while some of my friends are at a party.
Should I do coke? I live in south america so it's cheap here.

What should I do? Should I reallyvbe worrying about this?

I'm 18 btw
>>
>>35557715
you should stfu, focus on school/studies and lifting and generally improving yourself and the girls will follow.

If your friends only hang out with you to drink then I have bad news for you. they are shitty friends.
Join a club or something to make friends or find a part time job
>>
>>35556162
Similar to you, stopped drinking since New Years; wouldn't call it a resolution though, I've been ramping down significantly over last quarter of 2015.

Drinking is a big part of my work culture and I love craft beer, cocktails, expensive spirits, etc. but health is more important. You don't need alcohol to be socially involved and have a good time tbqh senpai
>>
Every few months I get wasted; other than that I don't drink.
>>
>>35557715
>be 21
>no friends
>want to try out the "getting shitfaced every weekend" lifestyle, but no friends to do it with
>people my age are now getting sick of it
>tfw will never have the young reckless party experience

Don't do coke.
>>
I've been lifting weights for 3 years and have had my progress be destroyed because of drinking.

I was in great shape the first 1.5 years of lifting, and the last 1.5 years I've been drinking around 750ml of vodka a day and it has obliterated my gym time.

Between the hangovers, withdrawals, and extra calories, my body has turned to shit.

But drinking is just too much fun to quit
>>
>>35553831

I drink on the weekends and whenever i feel i need a drink. General life improvement. Drink when you fuckin feel like it.
>>
>>35553831
Usually drink a few beers once or twice a month when I go out with friends to maintain friendships.

>tfw I went out tonight and was planning on lifting tomorrow
>>
>>35558984
idiot
>>
>>35558984
>750ml of vodka
>fun

Pick one. Honestly after 4-5 drinks you get seriously diminishing returns and just get super sloppy.
>>
>>35559026
I've had nine 1.5oz shots which is about 400ml right now and am quite coherent.

I don't really get to the sloppy phase until drink 15+
>>
I do not drink because I don't like the taste of alcohol and most alcoholic beverages. I also dislike carbonation, so beer is especially awful.

I may have a serving size of wine or cream liquor 2-3 times per year when forced by my fwb who I have a hard time saying no to.
>>
Once a month or even less with mates. But when I do, I over do it.
>>
>>35559044
Clearly you've developed a bit of a tolerance. I was speaking more generally.
>>
>>35559056
That wouldn't be a stuffed pony by any chance, would it?
>>
5 Oz of Organic red wine every two-three days
>>
12-16 beers, 1-2 nights a week

I used to really enjoy it until steadily it became something I felt compelled to do and so resented it. Tends to just make me frustrated and bored nowadays, to say nothing of what happens the day after.
>>
yes
I go to my friends houses and drink fernet about once a week
dont drink much cause im lightweight af
t. argie
>>
>>35553831
I drink every night, and on weekends I get drunk every night b/c I'm 21 and in college and I don't care about my gains as much as I should.
>>
>>35559070
No, it's a girl about 6 years younger than me.
>>
>>35553831
Drnk heavily on weekends and not at all during the week
>>
>>35553831
I usually drink a few lefe's a week. I like the taste.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.