[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
COFFEE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (397 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
397 KB, 1600x1200
Is it good?
>>
taste and see for yourself
>>
>>35553782

Yeah man. Good for pre-workout to get dat caffeine energy boost.

Just don't drink too much of it and don't rely on it either, save it for when you really need it.
>>
>>35553782
It's good. Helps you poop and gives you energy. Just make sure you drink plenty of water with it
>>
Drink a couple cups before bed. The caffeine helps protein build up. You'll be huge in no time.
>>
>>35553824
If you can't chug coffee and go to bed, you shouldn't be there.
>>
>>35553782
if you do coffee hard for several weeks and stop you will get withdrawal symptoms - a terrible migraine for 2-3 days.

so it affects your dopamine levels.

the coffee itself has lots of anti-oxidants and benefitial bionutrients.

so its not bad on the whole
>>
>>35553824

this, I noticed better muscle recovery when taking coffee before going to bed. I thought it would prevent me from falling asleep but the opposite happens when you take 3 cups or so
>>
File: 33179.jpg (173 KB, 1059x1331) Image search: [Google]
33179.jpg
173 KB, 1059x1331
>>35553842
What if that's based on not getting enough protein for dopamine production?

>>35553782
http://pastebin.com/raw/6ibHetPw
http://authoritynutrition.com/top-13-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coffee/
>>
>>35553842
>if you do coffee hard for several weeks and stop you will get withdrawal symptoms - a terrible migraine for 2-3 days.

Really? I drink 2 cups every morning, then drink 2 sugarfree monster energy drinks 3 hours later. I think that's about 1g of caffeine a day. I didn't have any today or yesterday because it's been freezing and raining outside and didn't wanna drive. Felt fine though, been a tad thirstier than normal I guess, but I think it's cause that's like 2 liters of liquid missing.
>>
>>35553782

wait.... We have people on this board not drinking coffee?

Why even bother trying to get fit without drinking at least 5 a day.

Cortisol is a myth anyway.
>>
>>35553908
Maybe you're just not that prone to addiction.

I got addicted to caffeine pills - it was hell the first week after I stopped using them. I had no will to do anything, I barely managed to wake up and make myself go to gym.
>>
>>35553968
Actually now that you mention it I remember about 4 years ago I used to get headaches really bad after not drinking morning coffee. Used opiates for a while last year and was always afraid of getting addicted, so after about 3 months of that I vowed to never use opiates again. Maybe that fucked up my brain or something lol.
>>
>>35553842
2-3 days? Pfft, try two weeks. Two weeks of a non-stop headache. Then it went away on the third week but returned on the fourth for another week.
Would not quit coffee again, 2/10 experience
>>
fuckin broscience in all this thread, i can feel the gains and fat sweating away from me when i'm on caffeine
its why all avid coffee drinkers are tiny and brittle boned as fuck
>>
>>35554371
just go a lower dose from day to day
>>
Dont forget to light up a ciggy
>>
I drink it just because I enjoy it. The little caffein buzz and bit of energy is nice but I just like to slow down the day a bit and have a cup and think. Tastes good too.
>>
>>35554371
I tried it cold turkey had the worst c o n s t i p a t i o n in my life as well as insomnia..

I like coffeee .. one home-brew a day and a few shots of Espresso later isn't much and then there are the polyphenols
>>
>>35554511
>its why all avid coffee drinkers are tiny and brittle boned as fuck

the fuken broscience man... lmao
>>
>>35554792
but think about it, theyre all tiny liberal girls that are borderline annorexic, almost every coffee lover looked like this
>>
>>35553782
Just dont drink starbucks fraps or south indian/vietnamese filter coffee and you'll be fine
>>
>>35553811
This. Coffee dehydrates you so if you drink a lot make sure you drink a lot of water in-between for the full energy boost.
>>
>>35554511
tell that to my grandma that fat shit
>>
>>35554894
Coffee doesn't dehydrate you.
>>
>>35554866
Maybe because they burn a bunch of fat from the coffee but simultaneously don't lift.
>>
>>35555064
Studies show it increases metabolic activity from 3-11%.. and fat burning by as much as 10% in obese individuals and 29% in lean people; so it very much could burn water.
>>
>>35555064
caffeine is a diuretic ya dingus
>>
>>35553908
That's like half a gram bro, assuming normal 8 oz cups of drip brew.
>>
>>35555140
Caffeine is. But does a cup of caffeinated water have enough caffeine to have a net dehydrating effect? I've never found anything that says coffee does.
>>
>>35555134
That's not how water works.
>>
>>35555140
Don't worry, every 200 mg caffeine per cup of coffee comes with a few hundred ml of water to make up for it.

Seriously though, how the hell did you get the impression that coffee is dehydrating? Did you ever feel really thirsty after a cup of coffee? Of course you didn't.
>>
GOOD FOR AIDS. COFFEE IS POISION
>>
>>35553908
good for you mate
I on the other hand have drank ~3 redbulls a day for say... the past 8 years.
Every time I try to quite I get splitting migraines

Really and truly, quitting cigs was easier for me than quitting caffeinated shit. The only long gap I managed was the 4 months I was smoking (lel, swapped one vice for the other).
>>
>>35553798
This.

Also, if you can drink it black or with milk all the better. you get the extra energy without the mass amounts of sugar added.
>>
>>35553824
4/10
amusing but too obvious
>>
>>35556333
>hurr
>>
>>35556466
Bro gradually decrease the amount of redbulls instead of quitting straight off.

Gonna be much easier this way.
>>
>>35553949
>Why even bother trying to get fit without drinking at least 5 a day
It's harder to find good coffe here
Usually drink tea instead
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.