[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Increasing running endurance for military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: pft-run-workouts-image.jpg (171 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
pft-run-workouts-image.jpg
171 KB, 1200x800
Going to basic soon, and need to run 5km in 25 mins (3.1 miles). My best has been 4.1km (2.54 miles) so far.

What do? Just run more?
>>
Just keep trying to run 5kms. Just because you go over the time doesnt mean you dont finish. If youre exhausted and need to walk for a sec, walk catch your breath and keep running. PT in the military is good too and the test isnt until a couple of weeks in. You'll make it. What country btw?
>>
>>35548659
Canadian Army
>>
>>35548624

Was that 4.1km before you couldn't run anymore or was that 4.1km and then you hit 25 minutes?

Yeah just keep running
>>
>>35548665
Yea just keep running. I was in the aus army for 8 years infantry corp. I guess its a similar structure but some guys who get there cant do it either, you wouldn't be the only one. The PT is usually structured so it starts off easy and builds everyone up so no one gets left behind. If you fail the test dont worry, you won't get kicked out just moved to a different platoon until you pass the test. You'll make it breh
>>
>>35548659
>>35548688
It was when I hit the 25 min mark. I mean I only really started running late December. I don't think I've found the "correct-pace" because I find myself running hard af in the beginning, then I'll slow down, and speed up again.
>>35548695
Nice. Did you guys have to do a 13k ruck march?
>>
>>35548624
Add in sprint intervals:

Jog at a really easy pace for 1 min... then sprint hard for 30 secs... then back to gentle jog for 1min. do this for 10 to 20 minutes total.
>>
>>35548624
Just give up now, basic is going to take all your gains away then you're just going to get shit on forever
>>
>>35549194
>basic is going to take all your gains
>b-but life isn't all about gains
>>
>>35548665
You dumb. Niggaboo when is your QMB, mine is on 12-13th. February
>>
>>35550051
Reserve or Reg?
>>
>>35549955

You shut your whore mouth.
>>
Work up to jogging for 30 minutes nonstop (maybe try the later portion of c25k). Once you can COMPLETE the 5k, do 2 interval sessions per week and one long slow run (start at your 30 mins and add 5 mins each week, building up to 60 minutes. Seems daunting at first but you'll be surprised how quickly you'll progress).

Interval runs can be a variety of things. Run laps at a track, reaching a time goal every lap. Sprint 30 seconds, jog 60 seconds for 8-10 sets. Do the same except 60sec/120sec.

Every 2 weeks do the PT test to see where you stand. It will give you a measure of progress so you know you're getting a little faster each time.
>>
>>35550223
Reg,infantry, you?
>>
>>35551018
r-res infantry..
>pls no bully
>>
File: 1438464622036.png (136 KB, 320x371) Image search: [Google]
1438464622036.png
136 KB, 320x371
>>35551034
Reservists... Baka desu Senpai...
>Inb4 Im retarded
Its cool desu mi familia, Ive got 2 reservist friends
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.