[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>overcompensating Probably the most damaging word in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1447971266844.jpg (1 MB, 1118x1425) Image search: [Google]
1447971266844.jpg
1 MB, 1118x1425
>overcompensating

Probably the most damaging word in the world to a young man.

Protip lads: compensating is fine, a noble and worthwhile endeavor: overcompensating is merely a matter of opinion. Not wanting to look like I'm compensating has left me weak and without achievements.

Compensate, lads. Never stop.
>>
last bump
>>
>>35548432
>he fell for the overcompensating meme

only jelly normies use that word bro
>>
>>35548432
Brehs.. just do what you want to do
>>
>>35548432
People who use the word "overcompensating" underestimate the amount of practical carryover lifting does for a person. Gains to brains was my biggest surprise.
>>
>>35548432
>overcompensating is merely a matter of opinion
Sure, but opinions don't mean that there isn't a certain level of truth attached to them. You've never met:
>the manlet that lifts so much he looks like a gatorade bottle
>the ugly kid that brags about how much money his family has
>the guys that drive gigantic trucks because they have microdicks

Opinions or not, that's just how people think m8.
>>
>>35548432
>Oh, you're a millionaire?
Overcompensating
>Oh wow, you're so fit.
Overcompensating
>He's so handsome!
What a fuccboi, overcompensating
ect, insert instruments, languages, degrees, intelligence, any physical skill

The only people who tell you that you're "overcompensating" are those who have zero talents or hobbies along with no work ethic. They live this life indulging laziness and act like it's infinitely cool and makes them better than everyone else

In reality, it's just pathetic
>>
>>35548432
Idk, your understanding of the word is not what mine is. For me, overcompensating is when you try to make up for a lack of certain qualities by doing over the top superficial stuff.

Training is not overcompensating, because it serves the purpose of improving yourself. Overcompensating is when you show off your new body in a exaggerated way. Overcompensating is when you buy things you can't really afford to impress others. Overcompensating is when you constantly overdress and/or dress in a excessively flashy way to make up for your lack of charisma. Overcompensating is when you swear a lot and act in an aggressive way to compensate for your lack of confidence.
>>
>>35548432
OP it's OK if you can't poop just eat more fruits
>>
>>35549398
>>the manlet that lifts so much he looks like a gatorade bottle
Do you have any idea what it takes to get to that size? And just because of his height, you call it "overcompensating"? Not even the slightest chance that he might be doing it - who knows - because he loves lifting and being big?

Sorry, rant over. I just feel bad that buff short guys are instantly categorized as overcompensating, while buff tall guys are mega-alpha. Feels bad man
>>
>>35548432
It's a matter of opinion ... that makes perfect sense to ascribe to awkward tryhards with inferiority issues from a psychiatric perspective...
>>
>>35549412
/thread
>>
>>35548432
it's a nu male feminist buzzword

I agree with OP, get big and compensate. Be masculine as fuck.
>>
File: 1451544510403.png (153 KB, 344x348) Image search: [Google]
1451544510403.png
153 KB, 344x348
>>35549430
>>
>>35549380
Started lifting in tenth grade. Didn't really make a lot of muscle more so strength. I started off I'm on my bastardized version of a routine Elliot barely explained. I eventually learned to do proper research and discovered SS and continued my journey. It eventually influenced me to study more talk to girls etc Honestly I probably would have killed my self or became a fat slob without lifting.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.