[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good idea or stupid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: egg.jpg (97 KB, 648x324) Image search: [Google]
egg.jpg
97 KB, 648x324
So I'm trying a diet to lose weight, and I wanted to know what /fit/ thought.

Basically, the idea is that you eat an egg every two hours, and other than veggies here and there for fiber, that's it (other than a multivitamin). It comes out to about 1000 kCal per day, and you're never hungry. You certainly won't be gaining muscle, but it's enough to not lose any while still burning fat.

Additionally, eggs are cheap as fuck, and I'll only be spending like 3-4 dollars on food daily.
thoughts?
>>
> You certainly won't be gaining muscle, but it's enough to not lose any while still burning fat.

If you've been lifting you'll absolutely lose gains. 1000 calories per day - assuming you're an averaged sized male - is a fucking ridiculously low amount. You'll end up Auschwitz mode. Either that or you'll binge at a certain point (and it will happen at a huge deficit like that) and you'll end up putting on more fat than you lost.

Just stick to a ~500 caloric deficit. You'll keep what gains you have.
>>
Sounds stupid, stop trying to find a shortcut and eat a proper healthy diet at a calorific deficit
>>
>>35547802
But I'm not lifting, anon
>>
>>35547811
>>35547802
Also, worth noting that my BMR is 1700 so this is only 200 more than 500 under.
>>
Unless you're an underweight midget, 1000kcal will be less than your BMR, the amount your body needs to use to basically stay alive if you don't move. Just calculate your TDEE and take a 500kcal deficit.

Don't reinvent the wheel or ask such dumb questions in new threads, just ctrl+f QTDDTOT. That's the thread for questions like this, there's no discussion because no one here will agree with you

\thread
>>
>>35547823
TDEE and BMR are completely different things, youre supposed to eat 500 below TDEE not BMR
>>
>>35547833
I'm a programmer, I don't burn a whole lot of calories through the day.
>>
>>35547811
>>35547823
If you're reducing your caloric intake by 700 under your BMR then all I can say is it's been a pleasure knowing you.
>>
File: 081.png (14 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
081.png
14 KB, 165x115
>everyone saying he reinvented the wheel
isn't this pretty much just a paleo diet with less nuts? I don't see why it wouldn't work
It doesn't sound like OP is actually exercising, so his TDEE will be close to his BMR, if not exactly the same.
>>
>>35547852
>i don't see why it wouldn't work
He's going to be consuming around 1100-1200 under his tdee. It won't work because he'll end up feeling like shit constantly, regardless of how many eggs he can stuff in his face.
>>
>>35547881
I mean
I'm not going to deny that it's going to suck
but it would certainly work
Sounds like OP is a fatfuck that doesn't want to admit being a fatfuck, in which case eating that little would certainly work.
>>
>>35547840
Are you a vegetable?
You'd burn your BMR if you were in a vegetative state.
You want to cut down from that, ok, you'll either lose a lot of everything fast, or do a lot of mistakes counting your calories (in this case, happy mistakes), and eat something more like your TDEE.

If you want to crash diet, that's NOT how you do it. We have literature on that, read the Protein Sparing Modified Fast book. Don't eat less, and don't stay on it for longer than the guidelines indicate, or you'll either fuck yourself up or end up binging back to fatness.
>>
>>35547763

>I'll only be spending like 3-4 dollars on food daily.

lol

you realize 1 kg chicken breast costs you $7-$8 right?

rice is dirt cheap aswell

you can eat oats, eggs + chicken broccoli rice every day and spend $3-$4 a day
>>
>>35547893
>>35547881
>>35547833
desu the reason I'm doing this is that I'm a tranny and am trying to lose as much weight as possible and then gain it back so my fat deposits are less masculine
I know I'll end up binging and gaining it back, that's the point.
>>
If you are a 5'3 girl this is okay.
>>
File: xLiDXiL.jpg (553 KB, 1432x2020) Image search: [Google]
xLiDXiL.jpg
553 KB, 1432x2020
>>35547946

are u consuming your daily intake of 500-1000 mg cum aswell?
>>
>>35547961
That entire chart is bs

>>35547955
5'8 but because of hormones my metabolism is essentially that of a chick
>>
>>35547965
Kill yourself back to >>>/lgbt/
How you can be trusted to take hormones with this little understanding of human biology is astounding
>>
>>35547980
People undergoing HRT find it much easier to gain weight. It does affect your metabolism.
>>
>>35547992
tdee is never really calculate-able. If you are gaining weight faster or slower than desired you raise or lower your estimated tdee.

p.s 40% of people kill themselves within 5 years of beginning hormone therapy
>>
>>35547763
Wow that sounds like the amazing new Grapefruit diet from Womens Health. If you´re a woman ok enjoy your weight gaining back after the diet, if not RTFS
>>
>>35547946
You'll never be woman and everyone will know you're just a deluded crazy person.

If you go through with surgery and hormones you will regret it heavily within a few years and kill yourself.
>>
>>35548038
I'm high as fuck and this post made me burst out laughing. God damn, no filter, I love it
>>
>>35548252
>Bumping dying shit threads
sage
>>
>>35548252
>Post beating down someone with a mental illness
hilarious.
>>
>>35548281
>??!SHITPOSTING
d e v i l i s h .
>>
>>35548281
I'm bi-polar and it sucks but I understand if I made this thread and substituted any mention of being a trannywith being bi-polar people would make fun of me.
>can I just eat eggs. my mood fluctuates btw silly boys lol
>>
I don't understand why people are so insistant on trying these retarded crash diets. Don't you understand that by dropping weight that quickly you'll look sickly and feel like shit? You didn't eat yourself into a human ditto in 2 months so don't expect to starve yourself out of it in 2 months either. Or do and inevitably fail. Whatever man.
>>
>>35548309
This post makes no sense. Are you bipolar, tranny, or both?
>>
>>35548344
I was comparing how a person with a different mental disorder who made the same post would be made fun of.
>>
>>35548395
One is a disorder that involves your body, the other is not
>>
File: 03a.jpg (55 KB, 600x685) Image search: [Google]
03a.jpg
55 KB, 600x685
>>35548404
How does thinking you are a girl affect your body?
Does A schizophrenic thinking they are a fictional character affect their body?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.