[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
leg day general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 415x423) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 415x423
I hit legs for the first time in 4 weeks
I went hard and doubled up to make up for skipping. Tried a few new exercises I have never done before that where pretty fun. Not looking forward to waking up tomorrow

>leg day general
>>
>>35546708
>DOMS
I hope we get some really funny ass 9gag leg day memes.
>>
>>35546708
>went hard and doubled up to make up for skipping
You don't understand anything about training, do you?
>>
>>35546708
If you have a designated "leg day" in your routine you probably shouldn't be browsing /fit/, you fucking shithead redditor.
>>
>>35547250
I dont understand the conection you are making

Body part splits are very common. Check the routine general and even the sticky has a routine that has a leg day iirc. Stop trying so hard to try prove your a /fit/ fag
>>
>>35547322
Most pple here are still beginners doing something like SS / SL. They dont yet know much about things that you can or could do afterwards.
>>
You'll be alright brotha. Just drink tons of water to keep those leg muscles nice and wet (stay hydrated) or you will ACHE.
>>
File: me cry.jpg (6 KB, 157x168) Image search: [Google]
me cry.jpg
6 KB, 157x168
I had my first official "leg day" too today.
Skwats, RDLs, BB glute bridge, calf raises

the memes are true, even sitting is uncomfortable
>>
>>35547155
>obviously just trying to emphasise I trained hard and long
>Implying I had any thoughts that I could make up for the missed days in anyway
>>
>>35547322
>check the routine general

News flash, it's full of DYEL's on shit routines.

>>35546708
>leg day
>4 weeks

why, just why.
>>
>>35546708
>I went hard and doubled up to make up for skipping.
Were you the 90lb kid that came to my gym today, loaded 2 pl8, lowered it 1x onto the safety rails & failed, then left the gym?
>>
File: pepe shrek.jpg (8 KB, 187x250) Image search: [Google]
pepe shrek.jpg
8 KB, 187x250
>>35547354
>BB glute bridge
do you use a squat plug too?
>>
File: le face of feeling real good.jpg (12 KB, 409x389) Image search: [Google]
le face of feeling real good.jpg
12 KB, 409x389
>>35547385
well DUH
btw rolling around the gym with a loaded barbell while making vroom vroom sounds is hella fun
>>
>>35547382
I skipped 4 weeks because I was away from home on and off for that time. I hit chest and tri's everytime i was home for a night because it is the day of my routine I enjoy most

>>35547384
No i use metric units so i was probably many thousands of kilometers away from you
>>
File: feelsgood.png (6 KB, 216x200) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.png
6 KB, 216x200
>>35547394
>tfw squat plug rubs your prostate in the bottom of the squat and your dick starts leaking
>>
>>35547418
>my routine I enjoy most

So you neglected literally half your body? Sounds like intelligent training OP.
>>
>>35547382
I was just pointing out a place on /fit/ where there is a dedicated leg day in routines. I never said they are good routines made by pro coaches or anything.
>>
File: 1450636067075.jpg (9 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1450636067075.jpg
9 KB, 334x393
>>35546708
> i hit legs
> i went hard
> pretty fun
Mfw
>>
>>35547432
Yes more than half of my body but yes. I never said it was a smart decision I did it for fun, plus my bench is my lift that's lagging (chest is lacking) the most right now so the way I view it wasn't that bad
>>
>>35547445
>not enjoying the pure ecstasy of a hard workout
>Making it

Pick one faggot
>>
>>35547437
But my point was that you probably shouldn't have a dedicated 'leg day', and those routine threads are shit so you should disregard them, regardless of how common the body part splits are in there.

>>35547452
Even if you thought it was fun, imo if you're going to barely have the chance to train you should probably stick to your routine (depending on what it was) or switch to upper/lower and even if you only get to train twice a week you'd maintain pretty much all your muscle mass. You could even add in some calisthenics throughout the week.
>>
>>35547467
Trust me i do find that enjoying, the only exciting part about my life is the gym. But when you put it like "gosh the gym is so fun" i just picture a NYR down syndrome kid.
>>
>>35547474
>What is a PPL/body part split
Depends on your goals friendo. I do what I do and I'm making progress you can keep doing what you do. Also why did you come to a thread labeled leg day general if you are against leg day?
>>
>>35547474
>Stop doing my hobby for fun I take it seriously
I can tell you now having fun at the gym was not the most harmful thing I did to my body in those 4 weeks. Yep a few of my lifts went backwards but half the enjoyment of the gym is seeing your progress go up
>>
>>35547525
Well if you're training 2x per week you can't fit in PPL, hence my point since you said you barely got the chance to train. PPL isn't that bad I suppose, I just hate the whole 'leg day' meme.

>>35547535
Just trying to offer friendly advice. Personally I'd be more upset that a few of my lifts went down just because I couldn't be bothered to do lower body movements once a week.

>I can tell you now having fun at the gym was not the most harmful thing I did to my body in those 4 weeks

>tfw drank 2 bottles of whisky, a bottle of drambuie, and half a litre of baileys over 25th-27th December.
>>
>>35547354
you get the doms when you squat and dl once a month you little bitch
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.