[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /fit/ think of Italian food?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: italiancuisine.jpg (254 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
italiancuisine.jpg
254 KB, 1024x640
Is there a more optimal skipping meal than italian pasta or pizza?
By the looks of it, it doesn't seem it has estrogen or any other hormones (i'm talking about good pizzerias and italian restaurants, not the 5 dollars pizza), less sodium than most junk food, and pizza specially has a lot of protein. tomatoes are also good for your health. also probaly less sucrosis than most junk food like candy. pasta is basically carbs, not much fat. as for the pizza you can just order something meat based.

what does /fit/ think? is there good tasting food any less harmful to our gains than italian cuisine ?
>>
>>35545196
>less sodium than most junk food
Which is like saying you're more upstanding than your average death row immate.
>>
>>35545196
I eat pasta almost everyday with my baked chicken breasts. Pizza is literally shit tier macros though.
>>
>>35545268
Uh, do you realize it's a bad idea to eat protein and carbos at the same time? Chemically speaking, you digest protein with acidic substances and carbos with basic substances. When an acid and a base meet together they neutralize each other forming salt, ie, NaOH+HCl --> HOH + NaCl
you're delaying the digestion by several hours and making nutrient absorption much harder for yourself, much of what you eat will go to waste (poop)
>>
italian food is great for dirty bulking

pizzas and pasta are literally garbage, but throw some meat in there and you got a great dirty bulk diet
>>
>>35545268

Tbh I make my own homemade pizza and I mix regular mozzarella with fat free mozzarella. Last time I did that I hit 30/30/40 fat/protein/carb macros perfectly.
>>
File: AJLoxE1.png (36 KB, 376x405) Image search: [Google]
AJLoxE1.png
36 KB, 376x405
>>35545293
>this post
>>
>>35545320
Even 100% whole wheat pasta? Is it really that much different from brown rice as a source of carbs?
>>
>>35546866
The difference between pasta and brown pasta is about the same as between rice and brown rice.
That is to say, not much.

Italian food is great both, but you can't stop at pizzas and pastas. It's a meme, but look at the mediterranean diet. Legumes, fish, vegetables, cheese, AND pastas and pizzas.
You're focusing on the junk food of the med diet, with that mindset you should try bulking with porchetta.
>>
>>35545196
That looks like "Italian" food, aka the shit American "Italians" eat which is only the pasta and pizza shit, I lived in Sicily for 2 years and they don't eat shit like this all the time, that diet is meant for farmers and miners and hard workers not people working a desk for 8 hours. They eat a LOT of fish and fresh vegetables.
>>
File: 1444258848289.jpg (42 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1444258848289.jpg
42 KB, 500x501
>>35545293
No one can be this stupid, it must be bait
>>
>>35546866
>>35546948
Oh I forgot to mention I'm not OP.

I am actually italian and do cook, eat and track everything you've mentioned, what I meant to ask was if, within a balanced diet and hitting the proper macros with real food, there would be any sensible difference switching from pasta to rice as a source of carbs.
>>
>>35545293
>I don't have gains because I don't give my aminos a transportation mechanism to the cell
>>
>>35546969
finally someone who gets what real italian food, not that I should get mad, but its annoying when people say they love italian food and they think its just spaghetti and pizza. Props to you my friend
>>
>>35545268
He can't fit a pizza into his macros

>laughinggirls.jpg

kek, I ate a domino's last night, was fucking delicious.

>>35545196
Also OP, due to have ricotta and spinach tortellini tonight in pesto. Can't fucking waaaiiiiiitt.
>>
>>35547241
It happens with a lot of different cultural foods, the Chinese don't only eat fried rice and spring rolls, the Japs don't eat sushi all day long.
>>
File: 1450306972634.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1450306972634.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>people discussing about italian food macro
>they never actually ate italian food
>think it's junk because it's actually ameritrash imitations
>implying pizza has anything more than tomato sauce and mozzarella
>implying a pizza has more than 20g of fats
>being this much American

Keep applauding at MC donald plebs
>>
>>35547548
Did you even read the thread?
>>35547414
>>35547241
>>35546969
Others are calling it out.
>>
>>35547548
Actual meal

-Prosecco
-Calamarata pasta with ansjovies and pecorino cheese
-Swordfish!
-Limoncello
>>
>>35547172
I didn't expect there to be so many of us Italians on this board!

Rice has an higher glicemyc index, but that doesn't really matter unless you're pre-diabetic or doing something fancy with meal timing.
It changes the receipes completely, usually rice goes with more fats and diary (you aren't switching from pasta to asian style rice, are you?), but that's simple enough to manage.
>>
>>35545320
ahahahahahahhahahahahaha you totally moron
>>
>>35547820
*you all
>>
>>35545196
I once dated an italian girl, she could cook all those good italian things, shame though that she's a totaly immature and insecure girl.
Other than that, pizza bulking all day every day.
>>
>>35545196

absolutely haram
>>
>>35547796
I'm actually only considering switching completely to rice; still not sure whether the general preference people seem to have for rice in here is more "cultural" than anything else, in which case I'd rather stick with the pasta and only use rice when I feel like it (regular brown rice btw)
>>
>>35548495
b-but pasta is infinitely tastier than rice
>>
>>35548495
>>35548505
I agree, but unless I'm just plain wrong and/or retarded rice still seems the more popular choice for some reason
>>
>>35548495
rice is bad, pasta is much better.
>>35547069
>>35546036
>>35547202
please explain what's wrong with that reply
i'm a nurse and what the chemical anon said was right.
>>
>>35545196
Do you mean the American rendition of Italian food or actual Italian food?
>>
File: fitreadinglessonnumber1.png (153 KB, 1170x376) Image search: [Google]
fitreadinglessonnumber1.png
153 KB, 1170x376
>>35549707
>>
File: 1.jpg (874 KB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
874 KB, 3072x1728
I just made this and I don't know maybe its pretty Italian, I let u judge that.
>1 onion
>alot garlic
>red onion
>pasta (I used gluten free because of allergies)
>200g Christmas ham
Cut onions and boil pasta then fry everything with little bit of butter and olive oil. Add spices.
>>
>>35546969
So if I was some kind of manual laborer or athlete I could eat "Italian" food all the time?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.