[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does smoking weed everyday affect your lifting, /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 15
File: kush.jpg (52 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
kush.jpg
52 KB, 600x600
How does smoking weed everyday affect your lifting, /fit/?
>>
>>35542749
DUDE
>>
>>35542749
WEED
>>
>>35542749
It affects my lifting for the better, I use it as a pre workout.
>>
>>35542749
I used to smoke everyday years ago. Weed would put me in the zone. I would focus on my breathing and enjoy the burn. Smoking after had a healing effect. My aches would warm up and I would feel better. I miss it sometimes.
>>
>>35542749
I smoke weed before almost every workout, better than Jack3d or whatever creatine + betalinine you use
>>
>>35542749
By giving you a psychosis so bad and borderline schizophrenic symptonts that the only thing you can do for the next 3 years is lifting eating and sleeping.

and they say weed is harmless thank god i quit .. and i only smoked like once every 2 weeks
>>
>>35542838
agreed. That's why I never bought into the "weed makes you lazy" bs. It simply enhances what ever you're doing. If you're going to be lazy, it makes being lazy more fun.
>>
>2016
>actually smoking
>not vaping
baka desu
>>
when I smoke weed I get pale for hours, sometimes even the next day. I eat and drink enough. why the hell does it happen?!?!
>>
>>35542853
Dude, thank you. Most people don't agree with this for troll reasons I think and it pisses me off.
>>35542935
is that all that happens? Has it been affecting your gains?
>>
>>35542848
This so much
>>
Weed gives me intense anxiety, paranoia, and intrusive thoughts.
I never use that stuff.
>>
>>35542946
I worked at a stone yard 10 years ago and we had another area that was our smoking(weed) area. Everyone smoked and we were so productive and friendly with customers. Our other location was full of older "normies" who didn't smoke. Customers always complained about them and said they drove out of their way to come to our location because we were nicer and more efficient.
>>
>>35543017
Same for me. I've heard people say it relieves their anxiety, but it causes anxiety for me.
>>
File: 1451421178867.jpg (9 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1451421178867.jpg
9 KB, 408x408
>>35542848
>the only thing you can do for the next 3 years is lifting eating and sleeping.
> thank god I quit
Never going to make it.
>>
>>35542946
a bit because it makes me sleep to much
>>
>>35542749
I know several guys that smoke and lift almost everyday. They're healthy and if it affects their gains it's nominal. Weed effects everyone differently though. Some people just can't handle it. (The ones who get really paranoid or anxious etc.)
>>
>>35543069
Yeah weed always made me feel scared and crazy, that shit is not for everybody.
>>
>>35543129
this.. for some reason it gave me severe panic attacks and not only when i smoked.. the panci attacks continued for over 3 years after i quit smoking and since then i feel strange in a way i can not describe.. does anybody have the same?
>>
>>35543017
>>35543069
join the club lads.

used to smoke with the lads all the time. nowadays i can't touch it unless i'm drunk, and even then only in small amounts. funny thing is, i have pretty much no problem with LSD, shrooms and stuff like that. its just the weak ass psychedelic that is weed that fucks with me.
>>
>>35543099
>can't handle it

Please don't tell me that you think having bad reactions to weed make people "weak", because that's some stupid shit.
>>
>>35543162
Some people are just punk ass bitches.
>>
>>35543017
Try it with Xanax breh
>>
>>35542838
Whenever I smoke before a workout I feel ridiculously weaker. Super unsteady with all my regular weights and I can't lift near as long. I've tried just pushing through but it still sucks. I usually just save it for unwinding after a workout.
>>
>>35543153
Weed did the same thing to me too, gave me extremely bad panic attacks, and then I'd have panic attacks even when I wasn't smoking.
That weird feeling is called Dissociation, and I've dealt with it for a while now.
Surprisingly, there's a ton of people that have went through what you and I went through.
It even happened to one of my close friends.
>>
>>35543162
It is some weak sauce, nigger. Limp wristed Sally mofo can't handle their shit.
>>
>>35543017
>>35543069
>>35543157
thank god there are some sensible people here willing to admit this. whenever i smoke i feel like im on the brink of death - feeling like the entire universe is about to implode all around me. any time you say this to any hardcore pothead they'll insist that weed is completely harmless and doesnt fuck with you in any way at all. it might not physically cause any of your body sacs to rupture, but it certainly can put some vietnam grade PTSD in your skull.

hippies will again insist you smoked the wrong blend/strain/whocares, mutter something about chemtrails and vanish in a puff of patchouli.
>>
Makes me weak and anxious.
I dont get the same high as when i was younger anyway.
Im 29 now and the high really sucks.

Tried it with benzo but that made the high even worse.
Decided to quit
>>
>>35542777
LMAO
>>
>>35543153

depersonalization
>>
>>35542749
I smoked weed back in 7th grade. Then i grew up and stopped being such a dee-gen
>>
File: pothead-600x350.jpg (61 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
pothead-600x350.jpg
61 KB, 600x350
>>35543223
>hippies will again insist you smoked the wrong blend/strain/whocares,

NAH MAHN DIDJA SMOKE BLUEBERRY HILLS? THAT SHIT IS LIEK 80% INDICA SO ITS NICE AND MELLOW AND YOU WONT FREAK OUT

WAIT, YOU SMOKED BLUEBERRY HILLS? AW SHIT MAN THAT SHIT IS LIKE 80% INDICA NO WONDER WHY YOU FLIPPED OUT YA GOTTA SMOKE RASPBERRY DANKLESTEIN, THAT SHIT IS 95% SATIVA SO YOU WONT FREAK OUT
>>
It does not affect my lifting at all because i never smoke weed you fucking degenerate.
>>
>>35543223
>willing to admit
Like everyone else is just lying, and smokes despite having panic attacks every time?
Sucks that your brain is weak and pathetic and you can't handle your shit, but that has nothing to do with the rest of us.
>>
>>35543333
nice waste of quads with that shitpost, you stoner fucking loser
>>
>>35543318
My friends said shit like that when I told them that weed made me feel like I was going insane.
>>
>>35543333

QUAD

FUCKING QUADS

OH MY FUCKING GOD
>>
>>35543347
all potheads do, they think its impossible for weed to go sideways on people. no surprise, considering they're idiots that think chemtrails are real
>>
>>35543223
Dude, you're smoking too much too fast. Take ONE hit and you'll feel the positive effects without experiencing the negatives.

When you start smoking more and more, you can move on to taking multiple huge rips without feeling anxious or paranoid.
>>
>>35543367
Sometimes I get anxiety from smoking, but I usually feel better if I get really high. I haven't smoked in over a year though.
>>
File: 1754478753259.jpg (17 KB, 206x235) Image search: [Google]
1754478753259.jpg
17 KB, 206x235
I smoke once before training and once at night only

When I started I felt like I got tired more easily but became more conected to my muscles/could engage them better in the different excersices.

Now that I did it for a while the tired feeling is gone and training high is awesome. My overall quality of training improved a lot, and I'm breaking PR's, getting more reps, and generally training harder.

I now count with more time than before though, and my diet is better, so I don't say my improved trainings are by merit of weed alone.

tl;dr my experience with training high is good
>>
>>35543367
no man, even hanging out with people smoking weed makes me sick to my stomach. the smoke makes me dizzy in all the wrong ways, and i suddenly feel like there's always someone right behind me when there isnt.

its not for everybody, and im fine with that. i just wish people who smoke weed would realize that and not try to push it on people, knowing it could very well be incredibly dangerous to do so.
>>
>>35543333
goodbye thread, you were shit anyway
>>
Man you guys have a very jaded view about weed. I'll smoke 1-2 a week just to unwind before bed or with friends and its great. Doesnt make me feel all bloated and shitty like alcohol.

I also work full time and gym 3-4 times a week.

Who gives a shit about chemtrails?
>>
>>35542749
i vaporize my weed, and it affects me in this way:
i have to eat much more to compensate the loss of energy. i have to not get high right before bed because i will have low quality sleep and thus recover slower.
>>
>>35542798
me too
>>
>>35543395
People that smoke weed and constantly try to push it on you when you don't want to are just shitty people. The weed doesn't make them any more shitty.
>>
Just quit about a month ago, smoked almost daily for a few years, already feel like my mind is "clearing up." Hard to explain but I felt like I was in a fucking daze 24/7, and you don't even really notice how fucked you are when you are smoking it so much.

Smoking weed everyday is bad man.
>>
>>35543423
If the studies done in this area are any metric to judge, you've probably lost 3-5 IQ points. Good job nigger.
>>
>>35543399

>I haven't been smoking long enough to see the negative effects, so they must not exist
>>
>>35542749

Weed makes you feel like you're accomplishing something when you're just sitting on your ass being a useless fuck.

This voluntary delusion is the most certain way to never really accomplishing anything.
>>
>>35543423
it's bad and that's why i vaporize, if i didn't have some weed to overcompensate my stressful life i'd have killed myself already probably, or became addicted to dangerous chemicals such as alcohol, caffeïne or refined sugars
>>
>>35543471
>If I didn't take this harmful drug, I wouldn't have taken these harmful drugs! So glad I took a harmful drug.
>>
>>35542749
cant smoke weed anymore cause of shitty community. Full of strict catholic Mexicans that came from an ancient shamanistic culture that used peyote, shrooms, weed, salvia, and other psychedelics to better them selfs and there small culture as a society, but no longer use it cause magic is the devil. psychedelics help /fit/ be a 5%.
>>
>>35543447
Lel what I've smoked on and off for the past 7 years. The only negative I've found is when high my lack of willpower is more prevalent but that's a personal problem I can overcome
>>
>>35543482
in this context harmfulness is relative
>>
>>35543454

I feel I need to add: I smoked weed regularly for a few years in college, then sporadically since then.

You need to differentiate between these two very different scenarios:

1) Smoking quality weed on occasion for creative or social purposes.

2) Smoking regularly to "unwind" or "loosen up" or "chill with your homies".

One is a relevant way to expand your horizons and broaden your scope' the other is a way to delude yourself into thinking you're something you're not, and that everything is better than it really is, thus effectively preventing yourself from working to make things objectively better.

Don't be number 2, bros.
>>
>>35543493
The other negative of course is that you've become much stupider. Whether you were too dumb to detect this or the weed made you too dumb to detect it, we'll never know, but what's certain is you've lost several IQ points.
>>
>>35543482
i suppose this drug works for me and helps me stay off of all of those other drugs that don't have great benefits to them like weed does.
>>
>>35543493

>I haven't overcome this problem in 7 years
>7 fucking years
>I can overcome it when I want

Keep lying to yourself, you fucking loser.
>>
Weed makes me lazy as fuck, I'll smoke up if it's around but I've stopped buying it for myself since I can't be trusted.
>>
>>35543511
That's neat, I find life pretty enjoyable still.

What's your iq anon?
>>
Raisins why I don't dude weed lmao:

1) very easy to tell if someone is high/just smoked in an area because of smell

2) illegal and makes people look down on you, which isn't very a comfortable position to be in if you want to meet others

3) ruins the balance i have in my mind/life

If these things didn't exist I would be smoking all day every day like I did as a teenager
>>
>>35543519
Eh? I'm sure everyone has aspects of themselves that they strive to improve throughout their lives.

Did weed steal your girlfriend or something m8?
>>
>>35543471
>became addicted to dangerous chemicals such as alcohol, caffeïne or refined sugars
Shit, weed is how I developed my addiction to alcohol.
>>
>>35543553
The upside to your flagrant self-harm is that dumber people tend to be happier. It seems you're already enjoying the benefits.
>>
>>35543508
>expand your horizons and broaden your scope

>saying the same thing in two different ways to make your argument appears stronger

Your point is entirely correct though. Weed is fine as an occasional stimulant, smoking with any regularity makes you lose focus and desire to improve. The nasty thing is, you only realize this after you've stopped smoking for a while.
>>
File: 1425921095163.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1425921095163.png
211 KB, 327x316
>>35543593
>>
>>35543593
I can agree it at least temporarily makes you dumber but why wouldn't you want that if its, like you say, a way of becoming happier for that period of time? Being smart isn't always good for your mind
>>
>>35543508
Isn't number 2 the same as drinking alcohol though? Most people around the world do that regularly. What's wrong with using weed instead?
>>
>>35543511
no point in arguing with dopeheads, they're unemployed and have way more time to post on the internet than you do

they think they shut you up and won the argument when in reality you went to work
>>
>>35543593
Do you find yourself to be happy anon?
>>
>>35543608
insecure about your employment?
>>
>>35543511
>stupider
>>
>>35543586

Nigger, listen to yourself. Not only did you attribute a well documented side effect of weed to your personal character flaws, but you denied your inability to resolve this issue at the same time.

Someday, after you've been clear-minded for a while, you will realize how completely senseless this attitude is.

>>35543607

Weed and alcohol have very different effects, both internal and external.
>>
File: Arnold-marijuana-numero-uno.jpg (114 KB, 1200x1016) Image search: [Google]
Arnold-marijuana-numero-uno.jpg
114 KB, 1200x1016
>>35543589
NO BRO DIDJA SMOKE TUNA KUSH? THAT SHIT IS LIEK 65% INDICA 45% SATIVA SO YOU WONT GET HOOKED ON BEER TRUST ME
>>
>>35543433
Higher IQ is linked to depression, alcoholism and suicide.
Higher IQ people are also more likely to join a cult or get scammed
>>
>>35543318
MELLOW OUT OR YOU WILL PAY
>>
>>35543633

the wutness monster

>>35543640

>Higher IQ people are also more likely to join a cult or get scammed

Source very much required when making outrageous claims.
>>
>>35543579
1) Thats why you do it on special (mostly social) occasions like alcohol
2) doing 1) doesn't make people look down on you, rather gives you something in common
3) If you have enough dedication and will power to work out regularly then you should also have enough to keep yourself from smoking too much or getting too hooked
>>
>>35543631
Wait what man? I said when I smoke its easy to have a lack of willpower. A problem I only deal with when high. In my life the only lack of willpower I have is to the cookies this lady brings into my office on Fridays.

Does someone else getting high really get you that upset?
>>
>>35543631
That is true, but who's to say what makes one worse than the other? Its up to the person to who does it to decide.
>>
>>35543615
>>35543606
1. It isn't temporary. I don't mean to sound spiteful but these delusions do not help you.

2. Life isn't meant to be a string of pleasure and happiness. You can dull your mind and senses in a quest for pleasure and happiness, but in end the latter will evade you, and you'll only possess the fleeting former
>>
>>35543688
I'm just not sure when you became the arbiter on what someones life is supposed to be.
>>
>>35543669

Lets go back to your original post:

>The only negative I've found is when high my lack of willpower is more prevalent but that's a personal problem I can overcome

Lack of willpower is a well documented, widely accepted side effect of regular smoking. So in this one sentence you have not on,e but two delusions:

1) That this is a personal issue you have, and not a widespread side effect. Thus you are making excuses for your drug of choice at the expense of your own character.
2) That you can overcome an issue which you claim is your "personal problem" but admit that you haven't resolved it in 7 whole years. What's changed now compared to those 7 years that makes you think you can solve the problem now?

I am asking reasonable questions, and not in the least upset.

Disclaimer: I'm 28 now and smoked regularly for about 5 years in the distant past.
>>
>>35543688
you sound like you're chronically depressed and trying to evaluate your life with that of others

what's wrong with smoking some weed to bond with people in social interactions? You can't deny that it doesn't help with that
>>
>>35543724

>you'd rather work to improve than delude yourself into thinking things are better than they objectively are
>you must be clinically depressed

Great attitude, you will surely make it.
>>
>>35543710
Nothing I've said is novel or even controversial. If you picked up a book sometime I'm sure this would be clear to you. Unfortunately your ability to read classical literature diminishes the more of these drugs you take, so you may never resolve these problems.

>>35543724
We're talking about someone who has smoked daily for years and severely harmed his brain. Even if you were forming meaningful relationships with the drugs, is it worth it?
>>
>>35542935
ME TOO
!!!!

Srsly I have always wondered about this. Ghost mode buddies
>>
>>35543716
I understand lack of willpower is a side effect of weed. I accept its there when I'm high and deal with it when it arises. I had that issue before smoking. Now when I'm not high I can overcome it easily. I mean if weed is directly causing that aspect of my brain when I'm not under the influence I'd be interested to learn more. But I've quit for over a year and I'd still get a nag to be a lazy shitter.

Do negative aspects of your personality just go away forever or do you have to deal with them as your life continues? Ive always been under the impression you deal with your faults as they arise.
>>
>>35543760
When you're 80, granted we make it that far, would you rather think back on those times you had fun with friends and all those happy times with no worries fogging those memories or would you like to think about all the books you read? I'm sure we have evolved to enjoy those social memories a lot more.

Smoking weed doesn't ruin your life in any critical way unless something is wrong with your brain and you're too much of a loser to notice, in that case I'd agree but speaking from the other perspective I'd much rather have a lot of bonding moments and therefor friends than having read countless books.
>>
>>35543760
M8 I just read east of Eden last year. I personally don't find a lot of classical literature interesting though.
>>
>not doing dabs
>pleb combusters
>>
>>35543855
>East of Eden
>classical literature
Are you truly this dumb?

>>35543840
Don't mistake pleasure for happiness.
You can have more meaningful social relationships without the aid of drugs.
Books are important so you can come to know important people and their ideas, which is exactly what you don't encounter hanging out with druggy friends watching Netflix.
>>
File: 1450980008463.png (291 KB, 619x406) Image search: [Google]
1450980008463.png
291 KB, 619x406
>>35543153
After intensely smoking it for a period i got paranoia and social anxiety something fierce. At first smoking it was amazing, nothing else mattered in my life ay. Just smoking it and listening to music, playing vidya etc. Eventually anxiety trickled into my euphoria, and eventually i only felt highly strung when high. I got intensly paranoid for a long time, i fell for every deluded and asinine paranoid thought that floated into my mind. I refused to contact my friends for months because i thought they were talking shit about me and laughing at me. I realise now how self-centred weed made me. I realise these days that why the fuck care if people say shit about you? Being a paranoid AND a teenager is a bad thing. Easily the worst period of my life. I've smoked it recently, years later, but it's never the same as the first times i had it
>inb4blogpost.
>>
>>35543859
dabs are far away from the drug that weed is marketed and known as in society

the step from ~10% thc to ~25% was already big enough for discussion
>>
>>35543840
spending all my free time with my friends was the biggest mistake ive ever made. made a lot of sacrifices in life for them, and they ditched me when i came out of the closet. seriously, my 20s were a huge fucking waste.

theres more to life than friends guys.
>>
>>35543878
Well it was an alright novel.

Are you here because you don't have any friends?
>>
>>35543878
Who says everyone that smokes weed hangs out with teenage skater kids that watch cartoons on netflix? When I smoke I like to think about the person I am the person I want to be etc. I don't just use it to numb my brain and run away from any responsibility as an individual. Psychadelics, weed being one of the softer ones, it can and does open your mind up to such concepts if you're willing to explore in that direction. I myself despise those that just get high for the blurry vision and being able to tell all their friends about how "fucking stoned" they are
>>
File: 1451922011230.png (29 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1451922011230.png
29 KB, 480x480
>>35543906
>>
>>35543902
Sounds like you had shit friends man. My friends and I encourage each other to climb hard and don't ask much of one another.
>>
>>35543925
Hopefully one day you can revel on all the insight you have gathered on 4chan
>>
File: mfw.png (167 KB, 567x396) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
167 KB, 567x396
>load giant fucking bowl up in preparation for my long run bcuz Sunday is Runday
>Seriously pack that shit in there, even put some lil sprinklies of wax my m8 gave me
>pdddttttbbbrrrrrrrpppbbrrttrrrrbbbb
>fill lungs to max capacity, each bronchial tube swollen and throbbing like thousands of protesting earth worms but I power through anyways
>grow, grow
>get dat tickle in my chest, exhale/beatbox it out
>I can physically feel the THC ford the blood brain barrier inside my skull
>Oh shit.gif
>slowly space walk out of my bathroom
>insert headphones, cue Mad Max: Fury Road Soundtrack
>begin run
>best run I ever had
>feel like Im time warping
>jesus im going so fast
>shift into primal mode, I am now a plainsman running alongside a pack of wild stallions
>run for 4 hours straight before I stop to look down at my running app
>mfw I have gone .68 miles
>mfw i did this in 13 minutes
>>
>>35543902
you should've noticed that they don't value you as much and you not being able to tell makes me really feel like your argument has no impact in this discussion
>>
>>35543965
Now that's what it's all about
>>
>>35543162
I get affeted by it and I'd say it's weak ass shit but that is just who you are mentally, I stopped doing mushrooms&LSD this year because of bad trip
>>
man i cant wait for weed to be legal everywhere so that everyones parents can start smoking it, then it wont be cool and everyone will stop and then we wont have to hear stoners talk about how stoned they are all the time
>>
>>35543593
too bad Im too smart to even enjoy lifting, I'm total loser but can't enjoy things cos I "smart em out for me" like lifting for example:
>get good at this so you can eat and get hot bitches
>but that is not for greater men, writing books and doing movies and being fucking creator is
>oh fug
then:
>go to school
>get anxious and panicked as shit because you might not pass courses
>don't pass courses
>life crisis
life sure is fun
>>
>>35543878
tell me honestly, have you ever experimented with weed? and not just a minute amount to get that off of your checklist?
>>
I think for those who feel anxiety, etc. When they smoke weed have fears they ignore but weed allows them to see them more clear so its harder maybe to avoid?, this is only a perspective so dont get your jimmies rustled. I used to get anxiety when id get high, id feel uncomfortable with others and hated awkward silence but i was concious of what was happening and realised theres no reason to panic, the world is beutiful, hakuna matada.
>>
>>35544024
was in a similar position, weed really helped me out of that mindset and being smart enough to, after having expirienced the world in a dumbed down version like the majority of people view it, seeing past this facade that intelligence puts in front of your eyes made me a normal person again. Honestly the smarter you are the more I'd encourage you to try some weed
>>
>>35544033
I've taken LSD 4 or 5 times, going to again tomorrow. Have taken shrooms several times as well. Have smoked average amounts maybe 200 times over 6 years.
>>
>I fuck with savages you a fuck boy you cant hang.
> you can find me posted up on frank block with my fuccing gang.
>you aint really bout shit, stay out my spot and dont speak my name or I pull up at your fuckin blok at night wearin all black and let that 40 bang.
>I fucked your girl and I aint even trying, and lil hoe she fuckin thot.
>got her off the molly she rollin all she good for is givin top.
>I got loudpack I got school buses, what you want senpai come and shop.
>I got a big 40 with a 30 clip and I call that bitch my fucking mop.
>The double F hold up my strap, A lot of yall just 4chin flex but this shit aint just a fuckin rap.
>I hear one diss and I'm running up in your fucking trap.
>You thought shit was sweet till I ran up with no fucking mask.
>Always closing a check, bitch Im really bout mine.
>You a broke boy, but you rock designer, that shit dont sound right.
>thought you could sneak diss and wont get found right.
>till you get caught in traffic at the wrong place at the wrong time.

>Got a couple shooters and they ride with me and they down to shoot when its drill time.
>Pull up then we get to drumming, let 30 shots off that glock 9.
>Now its back to the trap, with that 20 sack.
>rolling up a swisher, that straight gas.
>Got a 50 clip sticking out the mac, so thats 50 shots at your goofy ass.
>True religion still off my ass.
>I got heavy pockets, I got big ass bands.
>Run up on me try to rob that let that 30 blast.

>Keep a bankroll on me at all times, rolled up with a rubba band.
>Off the lean that promethazine got me walking round like a kick stand.
>keep a burner tucked on my right side, my 380 or my FN.
>and if I catch you lacking, better hope my shit jam.
>But if it dont, Ima take you out like a fuckin date, put a fuckin hole in your fuckin back if I catch you talkin to the fuckin jakes.
>Aint afraid to catch a body and skip out from state to state.
>And if theres a witness ima killem too and beat the case
>>
>>35544070
then you should know that it's not weed that is the enemy here but the means of consumption and the environment you are using it in

And to keep it relevant to /fit/, smoking weed within a fitness related lifestyle really puts me back into that mindset that made me start all this in the first place and refreshes my motivation enormously

I wouldn't encoure using it to somehow magically boost your muscle growth but rather to improve your mindset and dedication to this sport and the value of it's benefits
>>
>>35544114
B8 but...
Not "rapping" correctly
>A
>A
>A

Instead of
>A
>B
>A
>B
Kill yourself either way..
>>
>>35544138
marihuana is poison dont do it
>>
>>35544176
Get out from under that rock faggot.
SGETTIT
>>
>>35542798
Why don't you smoke anymore famm?
>>
If my roommates and friends didn't smoke it, I probably would do it once a month at most. Right now I smoke about 3x a week, wanna cut it down to 2 or 1 if possible.
>>
>>35542749
I smoked once before working out and I could really feel the muscles contracting. Definitely recommend it
>>
>>35543209
I'd rather no be a raging asshole
>>
File: 1445133362845.png (268 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1445133362845.png
268 KB, 400x300
Smoked from age 18-23
>No motivation but still worked out
>Tried to convince myself I didn't have a problem even though I knew I did

I eventually quit smoking all together. As soon as I did the first 3 weeks were hell. Coughing up thick, green mucus constantly. After the storm I could breathe so much better. Was able to do a 30m sprint without fucking dying. Now I just vape only and occasionally. I finally want to hang out with people vs go get high by myself. I can sprint like I used to when I did track and I just overall feel better.

>If you can handle weed, good for you
>If you can't handle weed, that's okay.
>>
>>35544138
>smoking weed within a fitness related lifestyle really puts me back into that mindset that made me start all this in the first place and refreshes my motivation enormously

I find that too. Alcohol is a decent 'release', but the drawbacks are overwhelming. Weed its just kick back relax, put on some tunes and think deep lucid thoughts that I implement in my sober life
>>
>>35544411
Damn man that come off sounds intense, how much were you smoking daily?
>>
>>35544547
Not him, but when i quit weed it was hell. Couldn't eat for the first two weeks and lost 16 pounds, I was also coughing up nasty shit. I had the worst diarrhea for about a week, had trouble sleeping and i'd wake up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat, but still cold at the same time. Had crazy mood swings, couldn't focus on anything. Also had the most vivid and intense dreams.
>>
File: 1439877813052.jpg (126 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1439877813052.jpg
126 KB, 768x1024
>tfw smoking weed used to be like magic
>felt great, everything was fun, gave me a very positive perspective
now
>get high
>get stuck in horrible negative thought loops
>can't think about anything other than what a fucking fat loser I am
>>
I vape several nights a week, sometimes earlier in the day on weekends.

I am terribly unproductive when high, so after work I immediately go to the gym then cook dinner and do all my houseworks/errands. I couldn't even fathom smoking before working out.

Downside is my life is kind of bipolar, I spend my days working/training/getting all my shit out of the way and my nights vegetated almost. I can't do the normie thing and sit on my ass sober watching that seems insane to me.
>>
>>35544657
Yea wtf is with that?
>>
>>35544657
You need to learn how to conquor your mind. It's not weed that's the problem. All weed is doing is exposing your psychological issues and bringing them to the surface after it was deep in your subconscious mind for so long.
>>
>>35544819
But it wasnt always like that. Did the years make us weak?
>>
>>35542791
why the fuck does everyone say that, i use mine
after cause it makes me lazy as fuck, great for recovery
>>
>>35544867
Perhaps. Your fatness manifested due to your unhealthy thought process.
>>
I've been smoking for about 4 years, I used to smoke everyday an oz between 4 people and it definitely made me care less, but when I graduated high school I started getting medical grade edibles and I would get high alone or with one other friend and it's honestly helped me so much in life. I can't do it all the time because I just love the feeling of a clear mind to think about all the stuff I thought about while high, but I have a genuinely euphoric experience Everytime and it helps me become a more creative, peaceful person when sober. that being said, I would NEVER push weed on anyone. I absolutely hate alcohol and it makes me feel awful no matter what, and I am constantly pressured to drink and I can't imagine doing the same to others with weed. We all react to things differently, personally weed maybe once a day or 5x/week makes me feel peaceful and at ease (I have anxiety and BD) but I know a lot of people that just get paranoid or really tired and that's not a very fun high. Anyone who pressures you to smile weed is an asshole.
>>
No way I could smoke right before working out but if I go to the gym when I haven't quite come down yet I usually have a good workout. Straining your muscles feels like nothing. I can tell my brain "squat" and I just kind of do it and even at high percentages it won't feel very difficult. Cardio also becomes cake and I usually fucking hate cardio.

Unfortunately I work at both gyms I work out at so it makes me kind of paranoid that my bosses will know.
>>
>>35544867
Obviously I don't know you as well as you know you, but it probably was always like that. The years made you honest with yourself. That's step 1 hombre. You're gonna make it.
>>
File: sativa-vs-indica.jpg (28 KB, 650x371) Image search: [Google]
sativa-vs-indica.jpg
28 KB, 650x371
>>35544887
There's two different strains when it comes to cannabis. You need to know which one is compatible for preworkout and which is ideal for postworkout.
>>
>>35544938
>tfw prefer indica but the guy I get it from isn't really a dealer so only has sativa

It is better when you actually need to do shit though I guess.
>>
>>35544957
a lot of strands today are hybrids between the two. it's very rare to find a strand that is 100% pure sativa or 100% pure indica.
>>
>>35544971
Well mostly sativa then I guess I should say

Honestly edible high is the best high for my tastes, but it makes me beyond useless.
>>
>>35544987
Edible highs are great, especially since you're not actually inhaling anything. They have to be planned far in advance and you have to make sure you have nothing going on rest of the day and maybe even early the next morning which kinda sucks.
>>
File: stu0.png (151 KB, 251x295) Image search: [Google]
stu0.png
151 KB, 251x295
>>35544383
>he's clearly never done xanax
>>
>>35545391
good, because benzos are highly addictive and can kill you from withdrawal
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.