[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it possible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: ayy lmao.jpg (9 KB, 276x182) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
9 KB, 276x182
$230/month to spend on food? what could i buy or what kind of meals can i create on a budget?

long story short, parents can't afford to feed me. but they're cool with me taking stuff like milk, rice, bread, and other basic shit.

i am broke university student who commutes to school.

also /poor/ general
>>
>>35540533

$230 is more than enough lol
>>
>>35540533
I get by on less than $100/month when cutting, no more than $200 when bulking.
>>
>>35540533

Easily doable but you'll be eating a lot of beans and potatoes
>>
learn to cook some nice shit with minimal meat or more specifically limited pork/beef
>>
>>35540533
>230$

wtf, I spend maybe 100-130 eurobucks a month. Stop being stupid.
>>
strong skeleton/3rd world country presence ITT
>>
>>35540533
GOAT tier cheap meals are rice, spaghetti, oats and beans.
You shouldn't spend your money in the caffeteria etc. Prep meals throughout the day (cook lots of rice etc)
>>
>>35540533

I spend less money and I buy weed and alcohol and eat like a king
Lrn2cook fag
>>
>>35540731
>>35540695
>>35540639
>>35540565
$230 is fucking nothing in Norway, brehs
Food here is expensive af (same with everything else desu)
>>
File: image.png (41 KB, 746x746) Image search: [Google]
image.png
41 KB, 746x746
>>35540533
Lel, that's like a week's worth of groceries for me. Have fun in malnourished skellington land.
>>
>>35540708
>>35540752

i swear in EACH and everyone of these threads there are people who simply dont understand what cost of living actually means

and how this has anything to do with income etc

OP didnt tell us where he lives but he does not seem to live in central manhattan

>>35540773

>whole foods $230 a week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lxGA-BjkEY
>>
you're gonna have to live exclusively on oatmeal and protein powder brah.
>>
>>35540533
$230 is more than enough, unless you have to buy other shit like toilet paper, laundry detergent, toothpaste and garbage like that.
>>
>>35540752
>broke
>in Norway

how
>>
>>35540787
Yeah I was actually trolling about Whole Foods. I do shop there and spend $120 a week despite cooking for people pretty often, which isn't cheap but isn't holding back either. I don't drink booze or coffee so compared to most people that saves more than $50 a week.
>>
>>35540817

>coffee
>$50 a week

i buy like 500 gr of coffee and that lasts me for 2 months easily

I dont drink either but who the fuck lifts and drinks for $50 bucks a week
>>
>>35540841
Pretty easy if you buy any of your coffee or drinks from bars, restaurants or coffee shops, which most people who drink either regularly do even when they know it's expensive.

There was some guy on Huffpost claiming he saved about $1k a month in Manhattan by going cold turkey on caffeine and alcohol.
>>
>>35540879

lol .. OP is asking about eating at home dude

Starbucks etc has nothing to do with this and obviously sohuld not be part of anyones budget.
>>
>>35540912
I don't think that line of discussion was remotely relevant to OP, since even doing $75 a week of healthy meals from Whole Foods is over his budget.

The obvious answer is that OP can eat fine but will have to limit his meat and fresh produce most likely.
>>
If you don't mind drinking extra water you can just go fast food saver route.

Double cheeseburger from burgerking costs 1.50 and gives 430 calories and 26g protein.

That's about 9 bucks a day, still a bit too much but you can compensate by having cheaper shit like skim milk or whatever.
>>
>>35540879

>which most people who drink either regularly do even

yeah no.. a coffe machine costs 30-40 bucks max and 500 gr coffee $5-7$ which will give you 80 cups or so at 7gr per coffe

aka 7-10 cent per coffee or smth

Sure i sometimes buy a coffee on the go etc but that has nothing to do with my estimations about my weekly spendings for my food at home and i can easily cut that out and nothing would change except more money in my pockets.
>>
>>35540816
By not having a job, fucktard
>>
>>35541187
>Not having a job
>Norway

How is that possible?
>>
>>35540951
>nothing to do with my estimations about weekly spendings
>I could cut that out and nothing would change but more money in my pockets
Things add up. Refusing to account for your lapses is how fat people deal with food.
>>
>>35541268

lol im not OP .. i dont have to save and budget like an autist

im just saying if i tell someone he can easily live with $230 and eat healthy food its not because i live in some 4th world 4th dimension shit whole where starbucks coffee is included in my calculations
>>
>>35540533
where do you live op
>>
>>35541212
/pol/ pls go
>>
Eat a 1/3 jar of $5 peanut butter every day.
>>
>>35540565
>>35540639
>>35540695
>>35540731
HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE
>>
>>35543719
as in what are you buying? what kind of meals

im in OP's position, moving out soon
>>
The fuck? I spend $200 MAX per month and I'm on a 3200 calorie bulk
>>
I guess I'm lucky, in Florida here that's living like a king
>>
>>35543719
A food budget of 230 a month is enough to feed at least two people man.
>>
I've eaten out every single day for every meal on a cut this last month and I spent $279 you'll be fine bro
>>
File: 1448002581551.jpg (41 KB, 535x479) Image search: [Google]
1448002581551.jpg
41 KB, 535x479
>>35540533
Yes easily.

Learn how to cook and use a kitchen first of all, learn to budget and plan your meals. If you have access to a kitchen and you buy your own groceries you can eat extremely cheap. Of course you should know basic nutrition.

Learning to cook properly gives you a lot of freedom with what you can eat and how much time you spend on it.

Check cost to nutrients on things your buying. if you do knowing how to cook it all kind of gets very easy after that. Buying bulk and cooking most of what you can while cutting out things you dont need you can drag costs way way down.

If you dont want to do any of that i don't really know. Offbrand canned catfood is pretty cheap.
>>
File: ShowImage.jpg (43 KB, 758x530) Image search: [Google]
ShowImage.jpg
43 KB, 758x530
TIP FOR FREE SUPPLEMENTS:

>go on amazon/bb.com
>buy shit directly from amazon supplier
>after receiving shit email them saying you never got it
>they'll reply saying it wait a few more days
>reply and ask for either: for a refund or to send another one

feels good man
>>
>>35543748
Seriously, $230 a month is a ton on food, and I waste a lot of money on supplements and foods that are too expensive because they're protein

Hell, I can get five one pound chicken breasts, fresh, for $10. Add in some cheap ass rice and veggies, and that's dinner for a week for like, fifteen dollars
>>
>>35544265
>tfw Canadian
>>
>>35544265
>>35543748
Forgot to mention I'm in central Florida
>>
>>35544278
>living in a shit country
>>
>>35544302
>tfw dual American/Canadian
>university is 100x cheaper

feels god man
>>
>>35544318
>not having wealthy parents who pay you $1500 a month for college, rent, food, and supplements while you go to school for accounting
Seriously bro, do you even want a good life?
>>
>>35544462
nah but i'll make a fuck ton after graduation when i move back to texas

life is comfy in the north for now
>>
Me and hubby eat clean and meet macros on that amount for 2 people.

Buy whatever cheap veg there is, usually there will be a type of apples on special. buy packs of chicken breasts, buy rice and beans, cottage cheese and greek yogurt.

also learn to cook so this stuff doesn't taste boring
>>
>>35540533
I spent 500 this semester (sept-dec) on food including the times I went to eat out with friends. stir fry, potatoes, fruit, and bagels muhfuggaaa
>>
>>35540787
> thinking burgerstan is expensive
A 1 bedroom apartment somewhere close to civilisation in sydney will run you 400-500 a week, not including utilities. A 15 minute train trip is around $5 and a small bottle of water is anywhere from $2.50 to $5
>>
>>35540533
Where do you live, matey? We at least need to know the country.

But, whatever the answer is, oats are your friend.
>>
I'm on my gap year working and will be off to university in September.

I started by doing pushups, sit ups and other body weight stuff. Now doing pull ups on the bar and running. I've also cut out junk food. I basically eat whatever is home and don't count calories. Went from chubby fat fuck to skinny fat.

I want to start lifting soon. I have no idea how to cook and what groceries to buy. I want to start a proper meal plan and count calories so I can make proper gains.

Can you guys give infographics/links on meals? 2bh I can actually eat the same foods/meals every single day with no period, so I'm not picky, guess I'm kinda autistic
>>
>>35544668
With no problems*
>>
>>35544265
I'm in central Florida too pham. $2/lb chicken breast all day
>>
>>35544677
Hell yeah nigga, walmart and aldi all day

UCF?
>>
>>35540533
230$ a month for food, damn that's pretty good.

I went 100$ on food but I had a Sams Club card. All I did was

>buy hamburger meat
>buy chicken breast
>buy it till freezer is stuffed with it
>start buying other things slowly

I had money left over after 5months with my fridge full of food.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.